Murray won't be asked to pay restitution

Lastly: So just because they didnt tweet about it, that means that they agree with it?? WTF!?!?!
Maybe Im missing something here... but when did it become mandatory that they have to tweet everything that they think?? Once fans start to realize that NONE of those people owe us anything, the better off we will be. They dont have to tweet every opinion on THEIR family issues because honestly, its none of our business.
Just because they tweeted in the past and havent now dosent really mean anything. Some people actually have lives outside of the computer ya know?? N before someone gets offended, NO SHADE

That is all well and good, but the thing you are overlooking is that Randy, Latoya, Jermaine, T3 and to a lesser extent Tito and Jackie are on twitter quite a bit and have given their opinions on subjects before.

Going back to Randy, he gave several twitter rants about AEG and Kenny in the past and gave his opinions about the song debate, despite him not having that much involvement with the album outside challenging the estate. He also twitted about getting Michael's kids to Forest Lawn on the first year anniversary and trying to 'opening' Forest Lawn to the fans.

Jermaine also talks allot on twitter and gave his opinions during the song debate as well. He also blasted the media when it came to calling Michael an addict and he also suggesting AEG did this and that. That's not even get into the 'fall guy' comments he made about Murray. He also have more than a few words when he heard that the family home was going to be sold and during his child support struggles.

Don't even get me started on Toya.

T3 was one of the main people pushing the song debate under the premise of 'protecting' their uncle. They also gave several disapproval twits when Oprah interviewed Michael's kids. They were also the main people blasted fans over the tribute and how some were not 'true fans'.

No, they don't have to answer anything on twitter, but when certain members has made it a habit of making their views known when a subject moves or are important to them, it comes across as jarring that when it comes to Murray we only get one twit from one member of the family.

They don't need to tweet all the time. But the issue is about money and not justice for Michael. I hope they don't win against AEG. Katherine is well provided for and the kids by the estate Michael left. Making sure that Murray doesn't profit off what he did is more important than money. Even if they went through it with and got it Murray could never give them a penny. When Murray gets out and does an interview or a book (you know he will) and blames Michael for everything that will be his family's fault. I hope they don't go on twitter and complain because I don't want to hear it.

Everything this family does is about money somehow. It is never enough and will never be enough. They still expect Michael to take care of them somehow even though he is gone. I wish they would take care of themselves, get jobs that has nothing to do with Michael or whatever and let Michael rest in peace. Michael is the one that gets trashed and picked on and treated like garbage yet he has to foot the bills for all these people. He is the one that is treated like the weird one and weird father when he is the one that worked hard took care of his own kids and then had to take care of his brothers and sisters kids. I never hear anyone thank Michael for everything he did. You would think his death would stop this need of him to take care of everything.

im not trying to make excuses for anybody but... how can you say they were behind it??? Were you there when the decision was made??? Maybe they really dont know, it very obvious that they dont have the best communication in that family. Katherine is a grown woman who makes her own decisions. She is STILL their mother first and foremost no matter how old she/they are. Also in every article I have read about the story, it said Katherine, not Katherine and family or Joe, Randy, Janet, LaToya, or anybody else. So we really dont know who is behind what.

The post you quoted did not say what you wrote in the bolded above. Try again.

Marebear I also wish that they do not win that suit. In fact I will be extremely upset with AEG if they do not put on a good case and lose.

Last edited:
^ Yes, and when the case is lost the estate will end up footing the bill for aeg's legal costs i imagine as it is the estate beneficiaries who are bringing the case.

It was asked upthread who would receive any compensation in the unlikely event that aeg wd win and someone said the estate. I can't see that happening as it wouldn't be seen as part of mj's assets, unlike the insurance payout. Any compensation would surely go direct to his dependents bringing the case and this is completely independent of what was in mj's will which is run by the estate. Otherwise it would be impossible to see why the family are so keen on this action. I hope that they remember that the first $6m of mrs j's part of any compensation goes straight back to the estate to pay off the korean loan.

The kids are named in the suit and the estate looks after their money so i would presume their money would go to the estate

I'm not sure the estate would necessarily look after all ppb's money which come from whatever source. Remember the global live trust fund set up for ppb (lol, wonder if that ever materialised), that was to be administered by mrs j and wouldn't have those pesky age limits mj's trust required.

^ Yes, and when the case is lost the estate will end up footing the bill for aeg's legal costs i imagine as it is the estate beneficiaries who are bringing the case.

It was asked upthread who would receive any compensation in the unlikely event that aeg wd win and someone said the estate. I can't see that happening as it wouldn't be seen as part of mj's assets, unlike the insurance payout. Any compensation would surely go direct to his dependents bringing the case and this is completely independent of what was in mj's will which is run by the estate. Otherwise it would be impossible to see why the family are so keen on this action. I hope that they remember that the first $6m of mrs j's part of any compensation goes straight back to the estate to pay off the korean loan.

I was one of the ones who asked that question, and I'm still not really sure of the answer, but you are absolutely right that if it were to be going to the estate then really why go down the route of not seeking restitution from Murray. Unless in their hearts they truely believe Murray was just the fall guy (as discussed earlier).

I'm not sure the estate would necessarily look after all ppb's money which come from whatever source. Remember the global live trust fund set up for ppb (lol, wonder if that ever materialised), that was to be administered by mrs j and wouldn't have those pesky age limits mj's trust required.
true. but money coming from aeg would be more offical so to speak. im just guessing here though. maybe ivy can help

^^^ It might have been answered but I haven't quite grasped it (I know you would be surprised :) ) It might be something to do with the difference between emotional damages and loss of earnings.

Estate is not a party and will not manage any money. They only manage MJ business and money coming from it.

I need to check but there might be a rule that says as they are under age any money they get must be put to a trust , even if it doesn't exist probably guardian ad litem could make a request for it.

edit: did a quick check , I couldn't find a civil wrongful death example but apparently in personal injury cases the money for the children is put to a blocked bank account in the child's name - that the child gains access when they turn 18 years old.

Thanks ivy. so another reason why they wanna go after aeg

Estate is not a party and will not manage any money. They only manage MJ business and money coming from it.

I need to check but there might be a rule that says as they are under age any money they get must be put to a trust , even if it doesn't exist probably guardian ad litem could make a request for it.

edit: did a quick check , I couldn't find a civil wrongful death example but apparently in personal injury cases the money for the children is put to a blocked bank account in the child's name - that the child gains access when they turn 18 years old.

See bolded. BINGO!

^^Yes that is true. I had a friend who got money from the city because her minor children were injured on school property, and the court ordered that the money be placed in an account until the children reached 18.

The kids amount is only safe till they are 18 though. thats not long for the family to wait. alot shorter than waiting till they are 30

Actually, what I meant was, the fact that the restitution money for the children would likely go into a "blocked" account, is probably part of the reason that it was declined. That the rest of the family wouldn't have access to it, and lost interest. Maybe AEG money would be more accessible? What they don't seem to realize is that they have a snowball-in-hell's chance of winning that case. And so? They will get nothing, at all.

Not sure. wouldnt it be the same for both? ie compensation money into a blocked account and aeg into a blocked. its just that the family would get big bucks via katherine straight away if they get money off aeg where realistically they would get a tiny drip feed if that via murray. i dont think they care so much about the kids aslong as katherines gets a substantial amount from aeg. but of course id prefer any amount the kids get going into the trust as they would still sniff around unless katherine got something like fifty mill.the family want a direct big payout not like what mj did by giving katherine an allowance

I have a question...maybe somone knows the answer....maybe Ivy. Lets say KJ wins the lawsuite...and AEG is ordered to pay her the monies...cannot AEG appeal ?? Meaning cant they ask a judge to put a hold on monies payed to KJ until the very end of their appeal process? OR is it once a judge makes a ruling that they need to pay then KJ starts getting monies right away? I was thinking that if AEG can appeal a judges ruling against them that could go on for somtime to make its way through the courts...and KJ may not see a dime for some time. My personal opinion is I dont think that KJ will win this lawsuit anyway,,,but I am just curious the answer to my question.

To my understanding everyone has a right to appeal so logically just for the ease of it u wouldnt get a payout until the appeal was over. just my opinion though

To my understanding everyone has a right to appeal so logically just for the ease of it u wouldnt get a payout until the appeal was over. just my opinion though

thats what I thought to Elusive...I wonder if the appeals process would go on for years?? Like years meaning...maybe even longer than Katherine.

Aeg have deep pockets so i suppose it could go on years and years. I'm now wondering if the jacksons wd appeal if/when they lose.

I remember from a daily mail article a month or 2 back, oxman talking about the aeg case and saying this aeg suit is going to be the largest compensation claim ever seen from claimants so young (meaning ppb). I really don't know what stories these lawyers are filling the family's heads with but they seem to be hoping for a massive payout. Thanks ivy for finding out where any compensation goes to. The children's share will be accessible in only about 4yrs time - so another reason why i'm hoping aeg don't lose - ppb will be even more like a honeypot for the undesirables out there.

Last edited:
PPB have NO need of any additional money. I'm sure what would serve them best, would be justice for their father. Not gonna happen, now, any more than it already has with the guilty verdict for Murray.

Of COURSE AEG would appeal, and try to drag it out for as long as possible. I highly doubt that they will lose, though. And the Jacksons have never exactly been known for their common sense? I think they've lost everything, now.

Katherine is not young, of course. When she dies, it's going to be one helluva mess, and the pressure on PPB will be HUGE. K.J.'s income stream to the rest of the family will be cut off, upon her death. The rest of it reverts back to the estate, i.e. PPB. So they will be the last hope for access to Michael's money, for the remainder of the family. Janet will be fine, but the others are not exactly gainfully employed. Are they? I'd expect the brainwashing of PPB is already severe, in terms of what they "owe" the family (but, they do NOT).

Whatever Jerm might have said in public about his "close relationship" with his brother, clearly that was not the case. Michael's will was very eloquent, in terms of what he felt he "owed" anyone in that family? He wanted his mother to be "comfortable," but NOT to have access to a large sum of money, that then could be disbursed to the siblings. In that will, Michael WASHED HIS HANDS of that miserable family.

When Michael died, it's like a gigantic rock was turned over, and out scurried -- the JACKSONS -- scrabbling around, blinking in the light, and trying all sorts of ill-conceived schemes to USE Michael's name and image, for their own benefit. I shudder to think of what life must be like, for Michael's CHILDREN! I'm just thankful that Michael gave them a good foundation, and hopefully, some common sense.

A few things

- I see some people think AEG lawsuit will go on for a long time. Currently it's set to start in September 2012 and to take around 35 days (7 weeks). So currently it will be over by end of 2012. They got the judge in the LLoyd's case and Lloyd's to start the delay of that trial until KJ lawsuit is over. As of now there's no action on their part to delay this beyond the start date of September 2012.
- AEG - KJ is a jury trial. So the decision would be done by a jury.
- Yes anyone can appeal the decision. That would add several months to years to the final decision.

Personal opinions

- I would think children's share from any lawsuit or any defendant would be in a blocked account. That wouldn't make a difference across Murray or AEG, Civil or criminal.
- The difference would be based on collection. How much money Murray can make and how much can he pay after you reduce his approved living expenses? AEG on the other hand can pay huge sums relatively quickly . I would think that their parent company is a billion dollar company

Is there a jus that prohibits a convicted criminal from making profit using a story of his crime? (not sure i explain it correct). i've heard somewhere that criminal can't make money (write a books, making films or interviews) using his story. Is that truth?
I'm asking to know could Murray make money in the future telling his story about Michael's death.

There used to be a law but not anymore. murray is free to write books and give interviews. and make millions thanks to the jacksons

There used to be a law but not anymore. murray is free to write books and give interviews. and make millions thanks to the jacksons
Bolded part is what I find most disgusting. I hope at least they made some sort of deal to shut him up. It's clear most of them don't respect Michael, but I hope they did that for the kids.

Would this kind of agreement (Murray not talking publicly about Michael in exchange for dropping restitution) interfere with what they hope to get from AEG? In that case, would this agreement (if it exists, I really doubt it), be legally considered as a restitution ??

Maybe this has been addressed already, if so please forgive. I read the first 5 pages and then just lost heart to read anymore...

I'm curious how it is that the children, who are minors, can give their approval for this? I mean, they are giving up this restitution permanently. How can they be considered old enough to understand just exactly what this means? How can any lawyer allow them to accede to something like this without some sort of , I don't know, an escape clause for when they attain adult status? For heaven's sake, Blanket is just a little child! This whole thing makes me feel ill.

Yeah i agree. u would think they would have some rights but i guess the guardian speaks for them. Even arvizo scum had till he was 18 to file a lawsuit

Back