New Album Coming Soon? Orianthi Currently Working on Posthumous Project

Honest opinion? Let John McClain loose on whatever the hell he wants.

If there is a single producer who's been consistently great with polishing old vintage demos, it's him. Granted, I'm not sure exactly how he'd handle the newer material, but "Behind the Mask" is easily one of the sharpest offerings on either Michael or Xscape.

Not to mention "Much Too Soon" or "Love Never Felt So Good" - both beautifully done and leagues better than their demos.

"This Is It" too. Such a charming finger-snapping groove around a relatively plain number. That takes talent.

I would like to see some more Timbaland and Jerkins and StarGate, but McClain seems to be the only one who can take a song to a new level while maintaining some level of respect for it. More of him, please.

I love BTM but to me the new production ruined it actually. It is so amateurish, "copy&paste".

Not to mention "Much Too Soon" or "Love Never Felt So Good" - both beautifully done and leagues better than their demos.

Is the Much Too Soon demo available?

Last edited:
At this point, there is still no shortage of material. For the Xscape project they (LA Reid, Sony's Jon Doelp) had 24 songs on hand, which were all sung multiple times/multiple takes by MJ. This was the requirement they had for the songs, that they were sung multiple times by Michael, as an indication that he liked the song/was interested in it.
So there were 24 songs which met these requirements. Then they edited them down, first to 20, then to 14. In the end just 8 made it onto Xscape.
So there are 16 songs left which all met the stringent requirements of LA Reid & this Doelp guy.
One could say that they went with the '8 songs per album' formula, so they have at least 2 albums of unreleased songs in the pipeline.

The best thing is: The songs that made it onto Xscape where almost all previously known by hardcore fans through leaks.
Now there aren't many leaked songs left, so here's hope that we'll get songs which are unknown to even most of the the hardcore moonwalkers out there.

I dont believe that LA Reid meant what he said. I think as the Head of the Project he had to make statements that are sound right. Surely he could'nt say "Oh! The plan is to put out songs that have already leaked over the years and save the unknown ones for the future". LNFSG is an example that stringent benchmarks were not applied to select songs. The song is a ordinary demo (I cannot believe that MJ revisted that song after 83), doesnt have a second verse, couldnt take the Piano sound out of it ( which is an indication that MJ didnt sing it multiple times). I cant get my mind around the fact that they choose that to be the 1st Single- If they wanted a feel good / Non controversial Thriller Era song then they could have just Remastered "Hot Street" which was complete and fit the bill.

^ If LNFSG was that awful choice, I’m glad that they took a risk! I love this song and new production makes it really special.

It is easy to take “RIGHT” songs and successfully release them. But to work harder and make great music against all odds that takes talent and ambitions.

I wish all that is left behind by Michael could be taken care of the same way as LNFSG!

What's up with the bashing of the LNFSG demo? It is a DEMO for God's sake and you are putting it up against the standards of a finished product. Obviously, MJ wouldn't have released it in that form either. You act like Timbaland/McClain turned some sh*t into gold. Actually it was never sh*t to begin with. I always loved the demo and saw the potential in it. I remember debating with people on this very forum before its release - people who freaked out about it being released as the lead single and said it would be a guaranteed flop. Even back then I said it is actually a good song to release on today's market and had potential. And it did. And no, not only because of the production. I am sure MJ could have produced it even better had he ever decided to release it - but you need a good song to create something good in the first place. I think it is unfair to give all the credit to the producers.

As for the songs on "Michael" - I'd really love to hear the original demos. Behind The Mask, Much Too Soon especially.

Last edited:
I would like to add that the production of XSCAPE was good, but I can't say the same thing about the promotion of the album. Also, too few singles were released from the album. They missed a big chance by not releasing Slave to the Rhythm after the Billboard performance.

"Ordinary demo" does not equal "awful" ! Point is why relese a demo when you have better songs or atleast equally good but complete songs (Hot Street). Even Timbaland had claimed that Chicago is a song to look out for. Besides, its not bashing- its preference of one over the other. Look at the Invincible Thread : Most fans cannot understand the sense of putting "Cry" on the album when you had "We've had enough" from the sessions.

Actually it was never sh*t to begin with. I always loved the demo and saw the potential in it. I remember debating with people on this very forum before its release - people who freaked out about it being released as the lead single and said it would be a guaranteed flop.

I remember that! I think there was someone in particular (not sure who now) who REALLY hated the idea at first and was very prominent about it, but backed down after hearing. Nice to know he was proven wrong, LNFSG was a highlight of Xscape :)

"Ordinary demo" does not equal "awful" ! Point is why relese a demo when you have better songs or atleast equally good but complete songs (Hot Street). Even Timbaland had claimed that Chicago is a song to look out for. Besides, its not bashing- its preference of one over the other. Look at the Invincible Thread : Most fans cannot understand the sense of putting "Cry" on the album when you had "We've had enough" from the sessions.

Why to release a demo? Because of what Respect77 has said - it has a potential!

I'm very happy that someone didn't go an easy way and gave it a chance. That is how work should be done, IMO.

I would be happy if they NOT do it like Xscape.
They should do it like MICHAEL (except the Cascio Tracks).
I mean get the original producers of the songs (like Teddy Rilley) and try to finish the songs.. don't delete all the music and make it sound like some trap shit like Timbaland did it.. but they should still add a second disc with the original demos.

:banghead: I don't want another posthumous album!!!

I want dangerous 25 goddamn it!

Whatever it is they are working on I can't wait! New album would be fantastic. I think we need a break from anniversary issues. New Album plus concert would be ideal. Remind everyone of Mjs total craft! Bring it on!!!!

This Is It wasn't included in the contract, which was signed in 2010.

The Experience video game and the two Cirque du Soleil shows themselves are separate contracts if I recall correctly. I also recall reading that the This Is It soundtrack was considered as the first project.

Actually during Quincy Jones lawsuit, they mentioned the contract and initial plans for the project. Both This is it and Cirque album is counted in the project

Assuming I'm right, the list thus far is:

1.) This Is It soundtrack
2.) Vision DVD box set
3.) Michael album
4.) Immortal album
5.) Bad25 package
6.) Xscape album
7.) Off the Wall reissue/documentary

I figure they'll try to round them out and consider the Bad25 documentary and package as two separate entities considering they were released a few months apart. But even then, that makes only eight projects - meaning we're due for at least two before the end of next year. One seems to be a new album, but the other...? Couldn't even guess.

Your list is correct. In their initial plans what's left is Dangerous 25 and 2 performance DVDs. The contract also says the initial plan is subject to change if parties agree. I don't know if they counted the Wembley Tour as a performance release or the documentaries in the place of the 2 performance DVDs or not.

But the according to the initial plan what's left album wise is Dangerous 25 plus perhaps a performance DVD as well. Of course they could have changed their plans.

-----------------------------------------

Edited to add

Initial plan from Quincly Jones lawsuit files for your reference

Plan - what is released

Souvenir album - This is it
First studio album - Michael
Commemorative package - Vision?
OTW 30 - OTW 35
Cirque Du Soleil - Immortal
Bad 25 - Bad 25
TV performances - ?
Second studio album - Xscape
Rare performances - ?
Dangerous 25 - ?

Don't forget initial plan was subject to change. And we don't know if they counted Wembley or any of the documentaries in place of the performance DVDs. Agreement said Sony will pay $250,000 for licensing fee for the performance DVDs and if the cost would be more than that, the parties would agree on a substitute release.

Last edited:
What's up with the bashing of the LNFSG demo? It is a DEMO for God's sake and you are putting it up against the standards of a finished product. Obviously, MJ wouldn't have released it in that form either. You act like Timbaland/McClain turned some sh*t into gold. Actually it was never sh*t to begin with. I always loved the demo and saw the potential in it. I remember debating with people on this very forum before its release - people who freaked out about it being released as the lead single and said it would be a guaranteed flop. Even back then I said it is actually a good song to release on today's market and had potential. And it did. And no, not only because of the production. I am sure MJ could have produced it even better had he ever decided to release it - but you need a good song to create something good in the first place. I think it is unfair to give all the credit to the producers.

As for the songs on "Michael" - I'd really love to hear the original demos. Behind The Mask, Much Too Soon especially.
Agreed the demo for LNFSG was great.
It's not as if they were taking something shitty and making it good, it was an MJ demo after all.
Michael had already made it good IMO the only thing they did was make it sound a bit more modern, but I can only imagine how amazing it would've been had Michael produced it. :yes:

I don't get why people have to say I don't want this I don't want that. Seriously the estate is in the money making business. A new album would be more of a money maker than a D25. They are not going to use up demos to add to a anniversary when then can finish the tracks and release on a new album. I think they learned that on B25. What they could have done with those demos. Like others have said if you don't like it don't buy it but please don't be a Debbie downer and come and piss on our happiness. We just received possibly some good news about a potential new release let's enjoy this. All that has been around to discuss for the past few years is crappy ass lawsuits, lets get back to the man and the music!

"A NEW ALBUM!? NO! I don't want a complete LP of eight or more songs, most of which we've probably never heard! I want to buy the Dangerous album for the third or fourth time! Who cares if there's a high probability it could wind up like the Off the Wall reissue and NOT include any new material whatsoever!? I want Dangerous25, despite the fact that there is still no evidence, proof, or substantiation to the fan-created rumor that such a reissue was even coming out!"

The fact that people actually have this mindset is incredible. A new project is clearly on the horizon and you whine and moan because it's not what you want. It's not what your ridiculous expectations have pushed you to believe.

To hell with Dangerous25. I don't even want the damned thing to happen now. New music is such a smarter alternative.

Is the Much Too Soon demo available?

The original demo features only Michael's voice and the guitar accompaniment, as per Rob Hoffman's comments on gearslutz. I put it together using the leaked stems and, simply put, it's immensely boring. Beautiful execution but nothing special. McClain brought it to life.

Bashing a demo is just as justifiable as praising one. Neither approaches are necessarily appropriate if stacked up against a finished song: "How can you say that [insert song title here] is incredible/terrible when it's clear Michael never finished it? It could have changed for the worse/better had it been completed!"

I find the demo of "Chicago," for example, to be flat-out terrible. I grasp that it is a vague approximation of what could have been, but it fails at the basic expectation of a demo (i.e., to set an example for what the finished product would be and entice me to want to hear said product) and doesn't make much of an impression on me. In contrast, I'm head over heels for the demo of "Loving You," despite being audibly unfinished, and set it at the same bar as Timbaland's remix (higher on certain days). I'm similarly crazy for Timbaland's cut of "Chicago" and would easily place it in my top ten favorite Michael Jackson songs had it been from Michael's handiwork, but since it isn't, I can't. But just my two cents.

Michael clearly is worthy of some praise for laying the foundation of "Love Never Felt So Good," but the majority of commendations should sensibly be given to Timbaland/McClain. (Credit also to Justin Timberlake for name recognition.) Critical compliments have all based themselves around their contributions. I cannot imagine the original demo making it to #8 on the Billboard Hot 100, but I can see why the remix did.

The claim that Michael could have produced it "better" had he decided to release it is throwaway as well, considering the fact that we will never know how his version would have turned out, and thus should not be used as a defense to lessen the quality of the one we got.

D25 will in all probability not be happening. Even if it was it would simply be a reissue standard one-disc with a few remixes and possible one new (new to the public) track? Surely Bad25 was the water test on such anniversary editions, and fans criticised the heck out of it; the Wembley concert footage debate going on for years actually. And that was the Bad album! They've just done the Off The Wall reissue with the documentary, they couldn't put bonus tracks on that for obvious reasons but I highly doubt they would do a Dangerous anniversary in the same year.

I would love a D25 but a new album of 8 tracks is the way to go. And I agree with AlwaysThere regarding LNFSG. MJ's demo was good but the contemperized version was a summer hit and people (general public) loved it. It was one of the summer anthems of 2014 surely.

The fact that people actually have this mindset is incredible. A new project is clearly on the horizon and you whine and moan because it's not what you want. It's not what your ridiculous expectations have pushed you to believe.

To hell with Dangerous25. I don't even want the damned thing to happen now. New music is such a smarter alternative.

Where did you get it that a new project is on the horizon?
From the article:"while Sambora revealed Orianthi is working on a new posthumous Jackson release"

It actually doesn't say other than new posthumous MJ release, which could mean new Thriller release with Orianthi's guitar solo or something similar:cheeky:

As what comes to you saying the hell with Dangerous 25
tumblr_mn8n37kvoe1srkbtqo1_500.gif

^^ With regards D25, I think he's just being a tad facetious is all.

I find the demo of "Chicago," for example, to be flat-out terrible. I grasp that it is a vague approximation of what could have been, but it fails at the basic expectation of a demo (i.e., to set an example for what the finished product would be and entice me to want to hear said product) and doesn't make much of an impression on me. In contrast, I'm head over heels for the demo of "Loving You," despite being audibly unfinished, and set it at the same bar as Timbaland's remix (higher on certain days). I'm similarly crazy for Timbaland's cut of "Chicago" and would easily place it in my top ten favorite Michael Jackson songs had it been from Michael's handiwork, but since it isn't, I can't. But just my two cents.

I think people repressed Timbaland's cut of "Do You Know Where Your Children Are". One of the most horrible productions I've ever heard. I love the 2010 versions but Michael's demo comes second. I personally hope Timbaland is not going to be on more MJ projects although I do like what he did with Loving You which wasn't much. Slave to the Rhythm could have been better.

People complain about new music??? lol!! some people can never be pleased... I thought we all wanted to hear something we have not heard before... haha!!

So we don't want re released music, don't want remixes, OR new music... So what the heck are we waiting for???

BRING ON THE UNHEARD MUSC PLEASE!

Whoa, horsey! "Bad 25" was a classic and an ace! It has sold a million copies worldwide and was a hit! Did any of you bashing it buy the box set or the vinyl version?! You all are off your rockers. The entire thing was perfect in terms of what should have been included in a 25th anniversary issue of it! As a matter of fact they probably released one too many new songs (previously unreleased that is) on it! The packaging was great! Everything! INCLUDING the remixes! It was perfect! I am SO excited about the prospects of "Dangerous 25"!!!

"A NEW ALBUM!? NO! I don't want a complete LP of eight or more songs, most of which we've probably never heard! I want to buy the Dangerous album for the third or fourth time! Who cares if there's a high probability it could wind up like the Off the Wall reissue and NOT include any new material whatsoever!? I want Dangerous25, despite the fact that there is still no evidence, proof, or substantiation to the fan-created rumor that such a reissue was even coming out!"

The original demo features only Michael's voice and the guitar accompaniment, as per Rob Hoffman's comments on gearslutz. I put it together using the leaked stems and, simply put, it's immensely boring. Beautiful execution but nothing special. McClain brought it to life.

Bashing a demo is just as justifiable as praising one. Neither approaches are necessarily appropriate if stacked up against a finished song: "How can you say that [insert song title here] is incredible/terrible when it's clear Michael never finished it? It could have changed for the worse/better had it been completed!"

Michael clearly is worthy of some praise for laying the foundation of "Love Never Felt So Good," but the majority of commendations should sensibly be given to Timbaland/McClain. (Credit also to Justin Timberlake for name recognition.) Critical compliments have all based themselves around their contributions. I cannot imagine the original demo making it to #8 on the Billboard Hot 100, but I can see why the remix did.

The claim that Michael could have produced it "better" had he decided to release it is throwaway as well, considering the fact that we will never know how his version would have turned out, and thus should not be used as a defense to lessen the quality of the one we got.

I personally think that the demo of Chicago is better than Timbaland's remix.

Then don't buy it.

well, no shit? but it's not just a question of not buying it, if we could've gotten something else instead. I know the chances for that are close to zero, with what the estate has released since his death. but I guess I still have very little hope. Idk

Since people don't want a new album.... (Or remixes, Or re released material) How bout a silent album? Just no sound!!

Which leaked stems? Can you show them?

I cannot imagine the original demo making it to #8 on the Billboard Hot 100, but I can see why the remix did.

That's because a demo probably would never have been released as a single. LOL. Same for Much Too Soon, by the way regardless how "boring" you find a song because it has just a voice and simple guitar as a demo.

I think people repressed Timbaland's cut of "Do You Know Where Your Children Are". One of the most horrible productions I've ever heard.

Alone for that attrocity he should never be allowed near an MJ project any more. :p How do you totally ruin a great song like that?

Last edited:
Back