New Album Coming Soon? Orianthi Currently Working on Posthumous Project

Since people don't want a new album.... (Or remixes, Or re released material) How bout a silent album? Just no sound!!

And still it would sell a million. :woohoo:

^ You put a nice booklet, it will still sell!! lol... even with boycotts by MJ fans!

I think people repressed Timbaland's cut of "Do You Know Where Your Children Are". One of the most horrible productions I've ever heard. I love the 2010 versions but Michael's demo comes second. I personally hope Timbaland is not going to be on more MJ projects although I do like what he did with Loving You which wasn't much. Slave to the Rhythm could have been better.

Completely agree. The 2010 version of "Do You Know" is probably as spot-on as any remix has gotten to updating a track while still retaining the atmosphere of the original, and it's just a goddamn banger altogether. Timbaland's is just embarrassing as a song in itself. I still very much prefer it to his cut of "Blue Gangsta" though, which for me takes the cake for the worst posthumous remix. Good God, is that one incompetent, especially in the shadow of the original.

"Slave to the Rhythm" has potential that hasn't yet been matched by any remix (other than the Justin Bieber version, which would be almost perfect if Justin Bieber wasn't on it). "Loving You" and "Chicago" are just excellent in my book.

Whoa, horsey! "Bad 25" was a classic and an ace! It has sold a million copies worldwide and was a hit! Did any of you bashing it buy the box set or the vinyl version?! You all are off your rockers. The entire thing was perfect in terms of what should have been included in a 25th anniversary issue of it! As a matter of fact they probably released one too many new songs (previously unreleased that is) on it! The packaging was great! Everything! INCLUDING the remixes! It was perfect! I am SO excited about the prospects of "Dangerous 25"!!!

1) I haven't seen stats confirming Bad25 hit one million units worldwide. Link?
2) Bad25 remains the best estate project thus far, but it's far from perfect.
3) The material we got was perfect though. Far more than we got off Thriller25 (and much better, too).
4) "Speed Demon" is excellent, but Pitbull should never have his name on a Michael Jackson product. Ever. Again.
5) Dangerous25 has no prospects because no one ever confirmed that it was a possibility.

Which leaked stems? Can you show them?

I don't have them on hand but they are in 2000 Watts. Place Michael's vocal over one of the guitar layers (for whatever reason there are three or four replicas of them), and you're essentially listening to exactly what was recorded in 1994.

That's because a demo probably would never have been released as a single. LOL. Same for Much Too Soon, by the way regardless how "boring" you find a song because it has just a voice and simple guitar as a demo.

Nonetheless, those responsible for bringing the track to a new plateau deserve immense praise, particularly considering they were forced to work around the bare bones piano/vocal demo that couldn't be separated.

I still don't see the fairness in giving a song a pass because it's a demo. There are plenty of available demos that are vivacious and excellently put together ("Beautiful Girl," "The Way You Love Me," "Cheater," "Scared of the Moon," "Gloucestershire," "I Am a Loser").

If we are allowed to praise an incomplete song for things we like, we very well should be allowed to criticize one for things we don't.

@ KOPV, Imagine what the remastered edition would sound like! :lol:

If we are allowed to praise an incomplete song for things we like, we very well should be allowed to criticize one for things we don't.

But you are saying things like LNFSG demo would have never made it #8 on Billboard. A demo! It is not like MJ would have released it as a demo, so what's the point in statements like that?

And some demos are more developed and have more production and instruments on them, some will just have a bare guitar or piano. Just because a song is in an early stage of development it doesn't make it terrible. If anything, I like such stripped off, simple performances by MJ. I always saw the potential in LNFSG because it IS a great song. To me actually it was a no brainer to use it and I expressed it already before the release of Xscape. The success didn't surprise me at all.

Now, if something like "I am A Loser" would make it into the Top 10 THAT would surprise me.

Since people don't want a new album.... (Or remixes, Or re released material) How bout a silent album? Just no sound!!

They could make a compilation of MJ breathing in the mic before he started singing. :upside_down:

They could make a compilation of MJ breathing in the mic before he started singing. :upside_down:

And coughing in between lines. They could put unreleased songs but it's just snippets of him coughing. I'm sure fans would still buy that, honestly.

What's up with the bashing of the LNFSG demo? It is a DEMO for God's sake and you are putting it up against the standards of a finished product. Obviously, MJ wouldn't have released it in that form either. You act like Timbaland/McClain turned some sh*t into gold. Actually it was never sh*t to begin with. I always loved the demo and saw the potential in it. I remember debating with people on this very forum before its release - people who freaked out about it being released as the lead single and said it would be a guaranteed flop. Even back then I said it is actually a good song to release on today's market and had potential. And it did. And no, not only because of the production. I am sure MJ could have produced it even better had he ever decided to release it - but you need a good song to create something good in the first place. I think it is unfair to give all the credit to the producers.

As for the songs on "Michael" - I'd really love to hear the original demos. Behind The Mask, Much Too Soon especially.

I want to hear the original demo of Best of Joy from 1981 called The Toy, that was suppose to be in the Richard Pryor Movie

I remember that! I think there was someone in particular (not sure who now) who REALLY hated the idea at first and was very prominent about it, but backed down after hearing. Nice to know he was proven wrong, LNFSG was a highlight of Xscape :)

That one person still thinks releasing LNFSG as the first single was a misstake lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to hear the original demo of Best of Joy from 1981 called The Toy, that was suppose to be in the Richard Pryor Movie

That's a thing..?

But you are saying things like LNFSG demo would have never made it #8 on Billboard. A demo! It is not like MJ would have released it as a demo, so what's the point in statements like that?

And some demos are more developed and have more production and instruments on them, some will just have a bare guitar or piano. Just because a song is in an early stage of development it doesn't make it terrible. If anything, I like such stripped off, simple performances by MJ. I always saw the potential in LNFSG because it IS a great song. To me actually it was a no brainer to use it and I expressed it already before the release of Xscape. The success didn't surprise me at all.

Now, if something like "I am A Loser" would make it into the Top 10 THAT would surprise me.

I mean, without the extra production done by other people the song would have got nowhere, so it's success is definitely because of the remix. I don't think the demo is bad. Just rather boring.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a thing..?

I'm not quite sure what you mean?

Oh btw Timbaland shouldn't be allowed near a MJ project, ever. He totally ruined DYKWYCA and Blue Gangster. Blue Gangster is unlistenable in my ears. A place with no name is another song that got destroyed imo.

Timbaland did more harm than good, he shouldn't be on future MJ releases. Plus he's not that popular anymore so it's not worth it.

Oh btw Timbaland shouldn't be allowed near a MJ project, ever. He totally ruined DYKWYCA and Blue Gangster. Blue Gangster is unlistenable in my ears. A place with no name is another song that got destroyed imo.

Yeah, DYKWYCA is alright once you're half way through the song but I'm not a big fan of it. Blue Gangsta was already a pretty ehh song to me, although I loooooved the intro to the new version.

APWNN though? Ohhhh boy, disagreeing with you on that. I LOOOVE both versions. Stargate did a fantastic job imo, it ended up being my most played song off the album by far.

I really hope this is true!!

New music would be great!!

I hope very much they do it like Xscape -

disc 1 (Normal 1 disc album) - the temporized songs

disc 2 (Special edition) - the original demos as MJ left them.

That way everybody wins!

Kinda shocked at the LNFSG bashing. Frankly, if the Estate did one good job up until now it was that. They not only got MJ back onto the world's biggest singles charts (including Billboard's Hot 100) but they gave him an actual radio hit. I mean, that song hung around at radio for months on end. I can only go by the UK, but no song of Michael's had done that well at radio since *probably* the HIStory era. Maybe You Rock My World. But either way, LNFSG was an undeniable radio smash.

Branca already said they were doing something Thriller related to commemorate an anniversary - something tells me Halloween was mentioned? With all the chat around Landis as well, I'd still say that was highly likely. If not this year then next...35 years?

APWNN though? Ohhhh boy, disagreeing with you on that. I LOOOVE both versions. Stargate did a fantastic job imo, it ended up being my most played song off the album by far.

Really, you think so? I might be biased against the original because I'm such a fan of America and A Horse With No Name. It's such a classic in my book and when i heard that MJ did his own take on the song I was ecstatic. The song just went way too left for my taste but it had a killer base line, that I can admit

I would be happy if they NOT do it like Xscape.
They should do it like MICHAEL (except the Cascio Tracks).
I mean get the original producers of the songs (like Teddy Rilley) and try to finish the songs.. don't delete all the music and make it sound like some trap shit like Timbaland did it.. but they should still add a second disc with the original demos.

Everyone will never be happy... But I don't care about everyone, Xscape was AWFUL. I agree with everything here

Everyone will never be happy... But I don't care about everyone, Xscape was AWFUL. I agree with everything here

I can't wait for the next album with Can't Get Your Weight Off Of Me (Skrillex Remix) and Chicago 1945 ft Big Sean. Seriously though, fans are doing a better job than the Estate at this point when it comes to Remixes.

I can't wait for the next album with Can't Get Your Weight Off Of Me (Skrillex Remix) and Chicago 1945 ft Big Sean. Seriously though, fans are doing a better job than the Estate at this point when it comes to Remixes.

Why can't the estate just hire people like Brothers in Rhythm to create new club/house mixes like the early 90s again lol

The Nick* remixes are classy as hell! That stuff should be offical!

oh damn heck yeah
I want to know where Nick* gets his multitracks from lol
Million dollor question. :lol: I've read somewhere that they give him access to certain multies, but then why wouldn't they use them officially?! Dude must have a good contact. His mixes kill it every time.

Yeah his extended and alternate mixes are amazing quality honestly.
Word! His Off The Wall mixes would have been a brilliant edition with the Spike Lee doc. I know they couldn't release bonus tracks, but a few decent remixes? I would have been sold. Also love his State Of Shock and those Human Nature mixes.

Million dollor question. :lol: I've read somewhere that they give him access to certain multies, but then why wouldn't they use them officially?! Dude must have a good contact. His mixes kill it every time.

Word! His Off The Wall mixes would have been a brilliant edition with the Spike Lee doc. I know they couldn't release a bonus tracks, but a few decent remixes? I would have been sold. Also love his State Of Shock and those Human Nature mixes.

I love that he slips some unheard vocals in there whenever possible also. I agree that his mixes should have been on a project of some kind. They're too good to be ignored.

Last edited:
^^Yes!! Agree dude! Love the unheard vocals! Tis' awesome! :cool:

Really, you think so? I might be biased against the original because I'm such a fan of America and A Horse With No Name. It's such a classic in my book and when i heard that MJ did his own take on the song I was ecstatic. The song just went way too left for my taste but it had a killer base line, that I can admit

Yep, I do! I love turning it up and blasting it to high heavens. I love A Horse With No Name too! Many great memories of jamming that song while driving along the desert roads in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas :)

That was in response to your comment that Timbaland/McClain are experiencing too much praise for their contributions towards the track. Their involvement was a substantial stepping stone toward the song's ultimate commercial success, so of course they should see the most compliments. They took a 30 year old demo and brought it to another plateau.

That's a thing..?

Yup! "The Toy" is an early cut of what would become "Best of Joy".

Opening line: "I am your toy, I am your boy..."

The version we've heard isn't the most complete either: a third verse was apparently cut from the album version. (Not written by Rod Temperton either, as rumors from a few years back had suggested. Temperton was experimenting with a new chorus structure, but it's doubtful that anything he came up with was recorded.)

That was in response to your comment that Timbaland/McClain are experiencing too much praise for their contributions towards the track. Their involvement was a substantial stepping stone toward the song's ultimate commercial success, so of course they should see the most compliments. They took a 30 year old demo and brought it to another plateau.

Yup! "The Toy" is an early cut of what would become "Best of Joy".

Opening line: "I am your toy, I am your boy..."

The version we've heard isn't the most complete either: a third verse was apparently cut from the album version. (Not written by Rod Temperton either, as rumors from a few years back had suggested. Temperton was experimenting with a new chorus structure, but it's doubtful that anything he came up with was recorded.)

Is that from Making Michael by any chance? I feel like it must be because I've never heard of that in my life :D

Back