New Duet? MJ + Bruno Mars

I am going to Scotland to see Bruno in concert , I cannot wait, he reminds me so much of Michael although I know, and he knows he could never be replaced!

Bruno first and foremost was a Elvis/Michael Jackson impersonator. He adored, and still does so any duet forthcoming from him will be done with perfection.

If the estate has a upbeat summer unreleased song this could well become even more successful than LNFSG!

I am going to Scotland to see Bruno in concert , I cannot wait, he reminds me so much of Michael although I know, and he knows he could never be replaced!

Bruno first and foremost was a Elvis/Michael Jackson impersonator. He adored, and still does so any duet forthcoming from him will be done with perfection.

If the estate has a upbeat summer unreleased song this could well become even more successful than LNFSG!

Yes exactly.

Bruno's all about the retro inspired feel good tracks and if there are any left in the MJ vault then it could work well, just like it did with JT.

Bruno's latest single with Cardi B has an early 90s RNB feel about it, and I wonder whether Bruno was dipping into the Dangerous vaults when working his album. Perhaps Bruno was working on a track for an MJ release, but actually perhaps he was working on his own 90s inspired tracks. It's all guesswork of course, but anybody working on 90s inspired tracks would surely get in contact with Teddy and he would sure know if MJ had some gems in the vault to tap into.

anyway a Bruno collaboration could be far more successful than LNFSG IMO, expecially if Bruno promotes it. Apart from the music video, JT didn't promote LNFSG did he?

I saw him exactly a year ago and I was at the barriers at the front. It was absolutely incredible!

Lets just see what this even is before we pass too much judgement.. If all we know is "bruno worked on MJ music" that could mean anything pretty much.

I hope that mj fans don't treat a future mj duet with so much unnecessary disdain it bitterness like they did with the Bieber version of slave to the rhythm. That track was gaining real momentum. Bieber fans were on-board, radio was playing it. It had a real chance of being a genuine hit then mj fans crapped on it and it was pulled.

Many MJ fans are just pathetic who love to hate on other artists just because they aren't as talented as MJ. Bieber for all his troubles is a talented artist and most important a MJ fan. His version of STTR is easily the best and would have done really well on the charts but MJ fans had to ruin it

the original leak of STTR/ MJs solo version, I have not heard a long while but I THINK (if my memory serves me right) is my fav version,

Oh, please for the love of God, let it be true. Bruno's been killing it lately.

IMO if Michael was still around, he would have done something with Bruno. I think the paring would be fantastic. Bruno is talented and I'm all for it.

It would be different if someone like Miley Cyrus or Justin Bieber were working on a MJ track. That's a trainwreck that should never happen.

IMO if Michael was still around, he would have done something with Bruno. I think the paring would be fantastic. Bruno is talented and I'm all for it.

It would be different if someone like Miley Cyrus or Justin Bieber were working on a MJ track. That's a trainwreck that should never happen.

I fully agree with you

it's the idea that Michael needs to be attached to other artists (current of otherwise) to have a hit, that is offensive. when his legacy and popularity is strong enough. if new material *has* to be savaged from unfinished demos, it should be solo. Michael is being treated as a business to profit from post death. the priority should not be number ones. he already did that. can't we just enjoy the vast material he released in all areas whilst he was here? I sense there's a fear that Michael will be replaced or overtaken, and the need to prove something to other fanbases, that's driving all of this.

Last edited:
Sounds interesting.

Hope it's true.. - And if MJ Beats is correct - a new MJ song is only 3 weeks away.... (20 days really...)

Bruno Mars has a great voice and a Off The Wall sound IMO - and he is a HUGE MJ fan, so I am sure - that if this is true - he will do it with the biggest respect and love for MJ. - So I could see this be a great collaboration. - And if it turns out to be the summerhit of 2018 that would be amazing. :)

Bruno Mars is without question the most suitable candidate. Obviously singers like Ed Sheeran are slightly more popular, but their sound is not reminiscent of Michael's. Bruno Mars has always admired Michael Jackson, he's his biggest fan.

MJ Beats has a track record for posting vague articles that actually turn out to be true. I think they are told to generate hype, because they seem to get it right.

Bruno Mars is the equivalent of Usher in the 2000s, who Michael admired. It's foreseeable and predictable that if the song is released, it will have that signature Off The Wall sound. Which is timeless, I know there were other songs pre-1979 that sounded similar, but Off The Wall literally sounds like today and very similar to the 24K Magic album. I'm excited!

But if it Is "Hot Fun in the Summertime" there are only MJ Chorus vocals. Hopefully its an other song.

Bruno Mars is without question the most suitable candidate. Obviously singers like Ed Sheeran are slightly more popular, but their sound is not reminiscent of Michael's. Bruno Mars has always admired Michael Jackson, he's his biggest fan.

MJ Beats has a track record for posting vague articles that actually turn out to be true. I think they are told to generate hype, because they seem to get it right.

Bruno Mars is the equivalent of Usher in the 2000s, who Michael admired. It's foreseeable and predictable that if the song is released, it will have that signature Off The Wall sound. Which is timeless, I know there were other songs pre-1979 that sounded similar, but Off The Wall literally sounds like today and very similar to the 24K Magic album. I'm excited!

I think the reliance on obvious artists like Justin, Usher and Bruno does a real disservice to the true length and breadth of Michael's influence.

I would love this to be real. I can just imagine it being a ****ing huge summer hit. PLEASE!

I think the reliance on obvious artists like Justin, Usher and Bruno does a real disservice to the true length and breadth of Michael's influence.

Yeah, it's basically tacking someone else on so that it sells. I'm not into it at all.

I have to disagree. Using artists like Justin, Bruno, User etc is highlighting MJ's influence more than doing a disservice to it.

Look it's 2018 and a polished up MJ solo track is not going to hit #1 on charts around the world.

The people who consume most music are young and weren't even born when MJ was at his peak. In fact many weren't even born when he last released a hit studio album. Many were small children when MJ died and it's likely that they consider him far more relevant to their parents and grandparents than they do to themselves. That's a difficult barrier to break down without some serious work and a bit of luck considering the material MJ left behind.

For one thing the song structure as originally conceived is unlikely to suit today's radio. Listen to the way hit songs of today are constructed.
Second, the 'sound' of an MJ track from decades ago (except the OTW rejects) is unlikely to fit with songs of today.
Third, the lyrical content and vocals of MJ songs (except OTW rejects) is unlikely to fit the radio of today - too aggressive and dark.

Having said that, there is one track that I hear on the radio every day that sounds as though it could have been an MJ single is Sanctify by Years And Years. BUT even if MJ had recorded that track and the MJ estate released it, MJ does not have the selling power in 2018 to top the charts with it IMO.

Bruno is one of the few artists out there that has the old-school MJ feel and makes it marketable to the mass consumers of music. That's invaluable and adding a 3rd party such as Bruno onto the tracks provides a number of benefits - it potentially opens up the promotion streams to a wider audience. For example, youth radio is unlikley to play a newly released MJ solo track. The more mature stations might, but they'd be more likely to play older hits. Adding somebody like Bruno means there is a chance youth radio will play it. It taps into the people who consume the most music.
It provides an opportunity for a song to be updated in a contempory way. For example, an MJ chorus can be used against more modern verses. Or MJ verses can be broken up with a slightly revised flow. MJ verses or choruses with language or concepts that sound dated in 2018 can be substituted with ease. After all MJ is not here to update his songs.

I'm sorry to say it but in 2018 an MJ solo #1 single is almost impossible.

I have to disagree. Using artists like Justin, Bruno, User etc is highlighting MJ's influence more than doing a disservice to it.

Look it's 2018 and a polished up MJ solo track is not going to hit #1 on charts around the world.

The people who consume most music are young and weren't even born when MJ was at his peak. In fact many weren't even born when he last released a hit studio album. Many were small children when MJ died and it's likely that they consider him far more relevant to their parents and grandparents than they do to themselves. That's a difficult barrier to break down without some serious work and a bit of luck considering the material MJ left behind.

For one thing the song structure as originally conceived is unlikely to suit today's radio. Listen to the way hit songs of today are constructed.
Second, the 'sound' of an MJ track from decades ago (except the OTW rejects) is unlikely to fit with songs of today.
Third, the lyrical content and vocals of MJ songs (except OTW rejects) is unlikely to fit the radio of today - too aggressive and dark.

Having said that, there is one track that I hear on the radio every day that sounds as though it could have been an MJ single is Sanctify by Years And Years. BUT even if MJ had recorded that track and the MJ estate released it, MJ does not have the selling power in 2018 to top the charts with it IMO.

Bruno is one of the few artists out there that has the old-school MJ feel and makes it marketable to the mass consumers of music. That's invaluable and adding a 3rd party such as Bruno onto the tracks provides a number of benefits - it potentially opens up the promotion streams to a wider audience. For example, youth radio is unlikley to play a newly released MJ solo track. The more mature stations might, but they'd be more likely to play older hits. Adding somebody like Bruno means there is a chance youth radio will play it. It taps into the people who consume the most music.
It provides an opportunity for a song to be updated in a contempory way. For example, an MJ chorus can be used against more modern verses. Or MJ verses can be broken up with a slightly revised flow. MJ verses or choruses with language or concepts that sound dated in 2018 can be substituted with ease. After all MJ is not here to update his songs.

I think the question is why do you care so much about monetary success? The majority of the people who will be buying a posthumous MJ project don't really care about how much it sells. The estate really need to start doing stuff that respects MJ's art instead of changing and overshadowing it.

I think the question is why do you care so much about monetary success? The majority of the people who will be buying a posthumous MJ project don't really care about how much it sells. The estate really need to start doing stuff that respects MJ's art instead of changing and overshadowing it.

Look people,

Firstly Bruno adored Michael, so you can forget him trying to over shadow him that wont happen.

Next hi voice and Michaels would work perfectly, it could be a first introduction to some new posthumous material since xscape!

People saying this is not good for his legacy or Michael would not want this etc., should know that Bruno being such a huge fan would be honoured to sing with his Idol.

As Jackie says good music never dies.

Also if the estate had a unreleased ballad then I think Miley's voice would be fantastic melded with Michaels.

I for one would love to have a banging summer hit by these 2 great voices.

Michael will unfortunately never reach the heights he used to nowadays have accepted that now but with a little help he still could be successful.

Michael is not here to promote so we need to embrace and welcome new work.

Its not about charts that has been done is about keeping him alive as much as possible.

I miss him:(

Don't forget the estate is not a charity at the end of the day they have to make money from new projects. Michael done the same when he was alive in greatest hits etc.

It's a win-win collabo if it's taken from Michael's vault of unreleases.
Something along the lines of
LNFSG
...98% of Michael.... 2% JT.
Charted 10th position in 2014 - American Top 40
So this 80%MJ+20%BM single's much-welcomed summer hit. Bruno being the current pop act
and Michael, the King of Pop is the way to garner radio airplay. Marketing and air-time exposure is key...and a
mystery performance by BM and who knows..this time around...a much perfected calibrated
stupendously engineered MJ hologram ( strictly no impersonator ) at the billboard awards 2018

Last edited:
MJ made very few duets we don’t need a fake one he had nothing to do with sorry. I know some of you are Bruno fans and that is fine but I’m not and saying MJ would have made a duet with him is wishful thinking. Leave well enough alone and stay away from this please, MJ doesn’t need any help making the charts from some other artist geez.

Don't forget the estate is not a charity at the end of the day they have to make money from new projects. Michael done the same when he was alive in greatest hits etc.

I don't think this is a good excuse tbh. It's not as if they are short of cash and would go out of business if they actually put effort into releases instead of relying on other artists and completely erasing MJ's original work.

Estate obviously want commercial success. MJ on his own can't get that anymore.

Back