*NEW* MADONNA - 4 Minutes To Save The World (ft. Timbaland & Justin) (FULL)

Speaking of 106 & Park....., she apparently prefers 'old school' Michael Jackson as opposed to 'current' Michael Jackson when asked by the host about several musical artists.

Whateva.......

And what is "current" michael Jackson , he hasnt realeased anything for 7 years ??

Anyway i prefer "old school" Madonna than the "current" one too lol .

Last edited:
you can assume "old-school" MJ = 80s.

whether she literally said "current" is unknown but either way, she obviously means she prefers the 80s Mike like a lot of people. nothing wrong with that and questioning whether she meant anything else is being too sensitive.

Last edited:
Speaking of 106 & Park....., she apparently prefers 'old school' Michael Jackson as opposed to 'current' Michael Jackson when asked by the host about several musical artists.

Whateva.......

Ask a lot of MJ fans themselves and they will also be of that opinion, its her opinion which she's perfectly entitled to.

Here's my review.....

I've said before that being a Madonna fan is a fun experience, due to her ability to turn her hand to any genre - or re-invention as it often gets named – means we get a variation in styles on her albums with Madonna trying her hand in dance, electronica and hip-hop over the years often with variable results.

Although Madonna has seen upturn in chart success since 1997's Ray Of Light after a few years in the doldrums after poor reviews and sales of Erotica and Bedtime Stories, her albums haven't always been as consistent as I would have liked. Although you are always guaranteed at least two classic songs on a Madonna album; 2000's Music and 2005's Confessions On A Dance Floor were full of filler tracks and ironically only the poorly received American Life has been full of great songs.

However, Confessions received amazing reviews where Madonna made a 60 minute album of tracks all segued together, saying she just wanted to make an album that people could dance to, a concept well received by the public.

The dance theme is continued on Hard Candy, Madonna's 11th studio album and her last for Warner Bros in an amazing 25 year career.

So, does it stand up? As is well known by now, Madonna has drafted in the youngest and strongest names in R&B music today to make this album and this concerned me at first. Normally Madonna starts trends - she doesn't follow them. Would she end up as nothing more than a guest vocalist on her own album? Well, after being a fan for 25 years I should have had more faith.

Hard Candy is bloody brilliant. How easily it could have turned into your 50 year old auntie trying to sing Pussycat Dolls at a family wedding, but Madonna's supreme knack of making near perfect pop/dance melodies combined with Pharrell's wonderful but not overbearing production has meant Hard Candy is chockfull of fantastic songs. In fact no Madonna album has sounded more full of potential hits since 1986's True Blue.

We start with Candy Store and within 3 seconds you know it's going to be a classic. Pure pop with an R&B twist courtesy of Pharrell. 'Come on into my store, I've got candy galore', Madonna sings nonsense lyrics to rival 'Music' and like 'Music' it is a pure groove. A bonafide number one hit written all over it.

4 Minutes will be familiar by now, Madonna's 12th number one hit in the UK, 23 years after her first. A real grower and a immense track, the only track on the album where Madonna shares centre stage for the whole song as Justin Timberlake & Timbaland make up the threesome. The 'brass' riff carries the song though and the dance-ability of the song should see it last the test of time.

Pharrell is back producing track 3, ironically titled the same as a Timbaland song, 'Give It 2 Me' is good but by no means one of the best on the album but despite this is slated to be a single. Heartbeat and Miles Away follow making up a trio of tracks that are good but not great. Miles Away is co-written by Timberlake and is a solid enough tune, but like its preceding Heartbeat never fully takes off.

The album does take off again on She's Not Me, a tune that could have been taken directly off Madonna's debut album in 1982 and funked up for 2008. A pure chic-esque disco pop tune is carried by a fantastic vocal by Madonna as she tells her bloke that the girl he's left her for is second rate 'She might cook you breakfast and love you in the shower' but She's Not Me. Fantastic. The early '80s feel is completed by the fact that the song false finishes to come back into it's own 12" dance version.

The next track, Incredible - isn't. It's pretty good but it's the one that sounds the most like Pharrell's 'other woman', Gwen Stefani and like a Gwen Stefani record it starts to grate halfway through. One of a couple of tracks that should have finished a minute earlier.

A stormer comes next; Queen of Pop and current King of Hip-hop Kanye West conjure up a track that storms straight into my Top 10 ever Madonna tracks. Beat Goes On won't win any lyric competitions but like the aforementioned Music, is a stunning dance record. A collection of can't get out of your head riffs and rhyming couplets make up for a piece of genius. With contributions by Pharrell, Madonna & Kanye it could have sounded like a mess as they battled for supremacy but they put egos aside to let the music talk to create the stand out song of the album.

Dance 2night follows and is Timberlake & Timbaland 'taking it to the clubs' to make a banging dance tune which although shows a lot of promise never fulfils its potential.

Spanish Lesson is NERD's 'She Wants To Move' mixed with 'La Isla Bonita' to great effect. Flamenco guitars, great lyrics and Pharrell's beats make a great recipe to a fun dance tune. This is followed by the only slower song on Hard Candy, The Devil Wouldn't Recognise You, it isn't great but like the other not great songs on the album isn't bad either, it just pales when compared, also co-written by Timberlake/land – spotting a pattern yet?

Finally, we get Voices, a track that makes you sit up and listen, Madonna's haunted vocal stirs over a Timbaland beat and it makes for the Timbers' best contribution to the album. Ironically the only thing wrong with this track is it is too short.

So, after 25 years and a rollercoaster of a career, Madonna comes up with possibly the best album of her life. Gone is the sex (mostly), the self reflection, the earth mother references. Hard Candy is all about fun, dance, pop.

The woman has brought out the best in her collaborators and if anyone had any fears that 4 Minutes was typical of the album by pushing Madonna to the background, they prove unfulfilled.

Pharrell kicks Timberlake & Land's ass on this album as like a lot of Justin's work the tracks are good but are a couple of steps away from being great. Pharrell cements his position as a great innovator by making contemporary songs that will stand the test of time. Kanye's sole contribution steals the show but make no mistake who the puppeteer is here.

On voices, Pharrell asks 'Who is the master and who is the slave?" and although Kanye, Justin, Timbaland & Pharrell are invited – Hard Candy is Madonna's party, make no mistake.

you can assume "old-school" MJ = 80s.

whether she literally said "current" is unknown but either way, she obviously means she prefers the 80s Mike like a lot of people. nothing wrong with that and questioning whether she meant anything else is being too sensitive.

i am not sensitive i say "current" mj doesnt exist , am i right ?

and you can add that like A LOT PEOPLE , i prefer the "old school" Madonna than the current one .

Ask a lot of MJ fans themselves and they will also be of that opinion, its her opinion which she's perfectly entitled to.

A lot of MJ's fans love michael since Dangerous , a survey was done last year and 65% of them think Dangerous is his best , the most most mature album .

I love the 80's mj , i also love the 90's MJ as much as the 80's .

I love invincible as an album , but since that michael could not express himself like he wanted to .

you're taking it too literally (that's if she actually said "current").. and if so, you'd be taking it too literally to think the meaning would be anything else other than she prefers Michael of the 80s.

EDIT: just saw the thread in GD, she didn't say "current".

Last edited:
you're taking it too literally (that's if she actually said "current").. and if so, you'd be taking it too literally to think the meaning would be anything else other than she prefers Michael of the 80s.

EDIT: just saw the thread in GD, she didn't say "current".

Madonna HAS NOTHING TO TEACH to michael seeing what she does for 15 years now !!!

She is at the same situation than michael : EVERYBODY PREFERS MADONNA'S OLD SCHOOLD THAN THE CRAP SHE DOES SINCE 15years .

But her crap is crappier than michael crap !!!!!

Last edited:
Ok sorry I'm in pain I really can't watch that new vid I tried but it couldnt only secs into it I had to take it off sorry.

I admit there isn't much to the video [other than Madonna looking great] but drama much? :smilerolleyes:

I dont think much of my Madonna, infact I think she doesnt have ashred of talent in her but I really like this song, its a good song to dance to in a club like JT's "Sexyback". Altho I also dont think JT is all that great he has made some acceptable tracks especially on his first album

Back