New MJ Pepsi Can

It is just a Pepsi can. Nothing to get angry about.

I know it's just a can. Like I said I'm still bitter towards Pepsi Canada which is why I quit the product. And why do the US only get these cans and not everybody else? If they get the cans, then everybody else should get the cans too. It wouldn't be fair to us in Canada, UK, Japan, Germany, etc.

*Just clarify I'm not really hostile.

i want it.. must have.. never drink.. just keep can.. must do.. random periods..in my message

LMAO!!

I think it's pretty fair to guess that this came from the promos that kicked off at the superbowl.. ie. a United States program! but we will see where else they will push this out

I couldn't get the last Pepsi Can campaign in Australia, yet they were in New Zealand!! Go figure.

see, now ive seen you hold it, and we see it close up...i want it....ASAP but yeah , its only available in america.*sigh* everything i want, or what is most important to me, is always in, :eek:r resides) in america :love:. the art on the can is stunningly beautiful..:cry:

I want one, too and I SHALL have it.

Last time, I ordered two cans from a seller in the USA, who sent them to me, drained of liquid, via a small puncture hole in the base of the can. I'm gonna do that again, if possible. I'm already searching on e-bay.

My son is cabin crew so he's on notice to get at least one for me on his travels. The last new can I found here in Turkey and bought a dozen so I could share them with felloe fans.

Does anyone know if they are being sold as individual cans or only in boxes?

KingMikeJ;4221582 said:
Does anyone know if they are being sold as individual cans or only in boxes?

Looks to only be the boxes. Part of the icon series or whatever they’re calling it

I went to a few stores today and I couldn't find these cans. I guess this promotion hasn't really started yet.

I just got a 24 pack tonight lol. They didn't have a 12 pack so I had to get that.

Are all three icons in each box or do you have to search for a box with Michael's picture?

I'm in Nashville, TN. Yeah, it's one icon per box. I looked through the handle to make sure I had the MJ ones.

The MJ can will be coming to select other countries too as per MJ Estate twitter account.

I saw a picture on Twitter of a 20 ounce bottle with MJ on it also. So maybe it's not just cans.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="de"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Do you have the Michael Jackson new limited edition <a href="https://twitter.com/pepsi?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Pepsi</a> can available in the US? The can is also coming to select other countries around the world. <a href="https://t.co/0UDSYMdGe5">pic.twitter.com/0UDSYMdGe5</a></p>&mdash; Michael Jackson (@michaeljackson) <a href="https://twitter.com/michaeljackson/status/994834492174069760?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">11. Mai 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pepsi cans attempt to reclaim pop culture glory
http://adage.com/article/cmo-strategy/michael-jackson-ray-charles-britney-spears-pepsi-cans/313463/

120180510pepsi.jpg

Pepsi is putting images of two dead music icons on its cans this summer, reaching back once again to its pop culture glory days in an effort to boost sagging sales. Michael Jackson and Ray Charles will front limited-edition packaging along with Britney Spears, who isn't exactly in her prime (although to be fair, her recently concluded four-year Las Vegas residency concert was considered a major hit).

The cans continue the retro-heavy "Pepsi Generations" campaign that Pepsi kicked off earlier this year with a Super Bowl ad that included quick glimpses of classic Pepsi ads starring Spears and Jackson. A follow-up ad for Diet Pepsi included shots of Charles that harkened back to a 1990s-era spot when he sang "You got the right one baby" for the brand.

But putting the singers on cans ups the ante, while raising questions about much resonance the one-time mega stars have with younger consumers today.

"The first thing I thought was, 'Oh, they must be going for the older folks'&#8212;because the younger kids are drinking a lot less soda these days," says Kit Yarrow, a consumer psychologist and professor at Golden Gate University in San Francisco who studies millennial consumers.

But on the plus-side for Pepsi, "young people today kind of like the retro-chic stuff. Michael is iconic, Ray is iconic. And I guess by rubbing shoulders with them Pepsi becomes a little bit more iconic," she adds. "It is calling out some of [Pepsi's] shining moments, I suppose, and elevating the stature of the brand though association. But I don't think that's going to be enough."

Pepsi_US_Music_Generations_Series_12_Pack.jpg

Speaking of Pepsi cans, I didn't know this one even existed, from the 1984 Victory Tour? It's on e-bay for $14 AU.

s-l1600.jpg

I can get one of the new cans on e-bay, too, for about $8.00 US, but it will cost around $35.00 to ship it.....so well over $40 for one Pepsi can!!!

Didn't someone in this thread confirm that the cans would only be sold in the US?

Well I don't know what I'm gonna do with 24 of these lol wish I could ship to some of you guys, especially non-US people.

I just brought a case (I love pepsi soda away). I am upset because the case I have are all Britney Spears cans. I thought the case was doing to have all 3 artists in it. So when you buy it, try to look in the box in the hole to see if you get the case with MJ in it. MJ is on the cans with the original looking red and white cans/logo, not the blue cans with the writing (That is Britney's can). In my city at Walmart, there are plenty of cases. BTW I just found and brought a 12 pack of MJ. Beautiful.

Last edited:
I found the regular Pepsi cans today. Has anyone found the Diet Pepsi ones yet or the 20 bottles?

I found the regular Pepsi cans today. Has anyone found the Diet Pepsi ones yet or the 20 bottles?

I've seen the bottles on IG but haven't seen the Diet ones anywhere yet.

Must admit I love this can. It&#8217;s so retro and cool, if it comes to the U.K. I will try and get one!

Someone in this thread said they were for the "USA only". Read back.

I mean, I think I've been clear enough.

Yes and that information was updated from the MJ estate also mentioned in this thread. Read back.

No need to be rude.

Yes and that information was updated from the MJ estate also mentioned in this thread. Read back.

No need to be rude.

I've read it. I'm just wondering where the "USA only" thing came from? These are contradictory pieces of information you see.

I've read it. I'm just wondering where the "USA only" thing came from? These are contradictory pieces of information you see.

It updated. News of the cans originally told us it was going to be USA only but MJ estate have now said it will be other countries too.

Back