New regulations at Forest Lawn

I don't envy the FL staff, they have a really tough job and I think they're doing an amazing job in keeping all parties happy. I just don't understand why some people can't be respectful, its not what Michael would have wanted.

^^Never heard of forest lawn before MJ's burial there. But MJ family should reconsider his final resting place. FL isn't a good choice, the security and rules are repelling fans and it's not good for his legacy.

As others have stated, Forest Lawn is no "johnny come lately". Notables of stature in all areas of life for decades are laid to rest there, as well as one of his closest family members. People that Michael openly admired, respected, and looked up to are buried or entombed there as well.

Should Michael's resting place be up to the fans or the family? Should security for his tomb and all those around him weigh heavier than "his legacy"?

JMO, but his "legacy" doesn't directly involve where he has been laid to rest. People/fans will no longer admire and respect his legacy because they can't get up close and personal with his tomb? Just who's needs are more important in the whole picture?

Last edited:
I don't envy the FL staff, they have a really tough job and I think they're doing an amazing job in keeping all parties happy. I just don't understand why some people can't be respectful, its not what Michael would have wanted.
I've said it many times. Many of the die hard fans are unstable.

These fans are being so freakin disrespectful! For crying out loud people! Its his shell! His soul is not here! Michael has no ties to that cemetary but in death. If you want to be close to Michael, be close to what he loved. Be close to nature, to worthwhile causes, to places he adored. Not to this place.

I hope everyone is extremly respectful and the vandalism must certainly never, ever occur again. Sigh* I just cant believe that what once Michael is in that moselum...it's still so unbelievebale and ridiculous.

I hope he continous to be visited by fans and flowers are a constant thing as well.

Sweet sleep Michael

That green platou isn't were Michael Jackson is burried, i seen this on the news, i think they should allow fans slowly to visit Michael Jackson a couple days a year with security around. When i finished my study i always wanted to go to Los Angeles, when i have the money then i will visit him.

Forest Lawn have taken another step.

They have now put up a huge black wall in front of Michaels crypt to protect his privacy.

Before they took this step, you could see his crypt/tomb through the glass/windows of the front door and through the crack in the door. Many people were also able to see his resting place when people entered or left Holly Terrace. However, now you cant see his tomb if you are standing outside the doors trying to get a sneak peak.

they are preventing all the videos and photos, which is a good thing.

They have now put up a huge black wall in front of Michaels crypt to protect his privacy.

Before they took this step, you could see his crypt/tomb through the glass/windows of the front door and through the crack in the door. Many people were also able to see his resting place when people entered or left Holly Terrace. However, now you cant see his tomb if you are standing outside the doors trying to get a sneak peak.

Yeah I saw that posted on Facebook so no more fans trying to take pictures through the doors.

Never been to FL and probably never will :(
But I can't blame the fans for loving Michael so much. It's all because of the outpouring of love coming from their hearts.
Vandalizing the tomb is completely unacceptable, but FL administration should expect it--they knew they would deal with huge crowds for a dead celebrity.
They should have some standard policy to handle the situation. A plan should be worked out with the family somehow to keep security next to Michael's tomb on a 24/7, at least during mark dates.

I think it's sad that there has to be security at his grave 24 hours a day...

I'm assuming this report of a "huge black wall in front of Michael's crypt" is a fact, and not a word of mouth or tabloid story.

From a security standpoint, as well as possibly a family request, it does not surprise me. While I can understand why some fans could be upset with a decision like this, I can also more than understand that securely maintaining Michael's resting place has to have priority (as well as the those resting within the surrounding areas close to Michael's crypt). It may restrict fans visual access. But there is absolutely no way that I can think of that would assure security in r/t fans versus non-fans, stable versus unstable visitors, unidentified media/tabloid reps versus sincere and mourning people.

If I were Katherine, or one of Michael's children, his sibling/s, etc., surely it would cross my mind that someone/anyone could slip in for even a brief moment and cause mayhem. There are unstable, hateful, even deranged people out there that would bask in the "glory" of such an opportunity, not to even touch on the tabloid folks just itching to get in or take photos from inside the door for their own monetary gain. Forest Lawn personnel/security have their work cut out for them, so to speak.

While I can completely understand the feelings of many fans' desire to be close to Michael, to show respect and admiration, to bring some sort of closure to all of this, I can equally see the need for restrictions to guarantee Michael's security, as well as the privacy his mother/children/close family and loved ones may feel is paramount. For me, it's ultimately their call, not ours.

jmo

Sad that FL have been forced to do this but after those 'fans' vandalised the wall it is no surpirse.

what privacy?Michael is dead!I find all this protection stupid, fans love him and they want to feel closer to him,that's all!and when someone that you care about dies you want a place where you can leave gifts and flowers...it's normal!

From Facebook:

Just returned from the walk-a-thon and visiting Michael. Security did confirm that it is a black "curtain" in front of Michael. They are preparing for many followers of yogananda to visit this week who is also buried in Holly Terrace. The curtain is only temporary and will be removed. {amy}

what privacy?Michael is dead!I find all this protection stupid, fans love him and they want to feel closer to him,that's all!and when someone that you care about dies you want a place where you can leave gifts and flowers...it's normal!
I agree.

These fans are being so freakin disrespectful! For crying out loud people! Its his shell! His soul is not here! Michael has no ties to that cemetary but in death. If you want to be close to Michael, be close to what he loved. Be close to nature, to worthwhile causes, to places he adored. Not to this place.
Yes, this is very true.

Thanks for all the info guys. A lot of people are happy about the curtain being removed soon but I agree with what a lot of people say. I see Michael everywhere, I see him when there is a sunset, I see him when the stars are burning brightly in the sky, I see him when I'm walking my dog on the field. Its his shell there, not him. He's in each and everyone of us.

so are followers of this yoga person actually going inside the terrace? or its just a case of stopping all the photos while theres loads of other ppl there?

they are preventing all the videos and photos, which is a good thing.
isnt really an issue when his own brother is taking and selling pictures of inside

I don't understand why F/L would do this now after they gave fans permission to leave flowers before. Something doesn't sit right with this. Why the sudden change of heart all of a sudden?

Restriction on where you can buy flowers? ( That didn't sound correct?) Restriction on cards, letters and other personal things? Why?

During Jackson's June 25th Anniversary, I wanted to buy special sprays (large standing flowers) to represent fans. It was much cheaper. Yet I held back and thought, better to ask and than to do. When I got to F/L florist, they flat out said, that outside flowers were not accepted. That only flowers from their shoppe were. The flowers bought outside were not going to be put inside the crypt. Only the flowers bought from their shoppe. That day I spent $500 plus dollars and even more to have the flowers delivered to Michael. They said these would go in so as the family would see them. Now I bought added extras so I could tell my flowers from the rest.

[Now my point is "did" they really deliver those flowers inside the crypt or did they just keep the money and lied to me. Now I question this. Are they trying to cash in on the Jackson money making machine as well as everyone else? Why do I ask...yes I seen flowers inside ...via photos of course..but not the butterflies or special ribbons I requested be put on them. So I don't know if my flowers were there or not. They could have been dumped outside with all the rest or not delivered at all]

Fans brought this point up and now I question the validity of the florist shop there.

It's one thing to shut us up and tell us one thing, but not to do it. They don't know Jackson fans well. We don't settle for just a word, most go even further to investigate. I didn't ...I took their word. I was stupid for doing this. I represented fans that couldn't make it there and it was part of their money.

So I question why is there a change of heart all of a sudden now. why stop all the cards etc., especially when Michael's birthday is almost upon us. Why?

And what is up with that ugly green stand. That's such an eyesore and doesn't fit the theme of that park at all. It's like here it is folks where Jackson is. Other famous people don't have such a crude thing outside of their crypts.

I think a garden should be made for Michael where fans can go and meet and respect Michael. Leave flowers and cards. No posters, that I can understand. but you know...have flowers and a nice sculpture of children playing.

Sorry it's so long...It just upset me that Michael has no darn place to pay respects to him, we're like yo yo's back and forth yes we can and no you can and do this or that? Make your minds up ...either we can and give us a place or shut up and put out an official notice of what we CAN do.

:doh:

With the curtain it has been placed because the followers of Yogananda are allowed inside the mausoleum as they are peaceful and don't cause any trouble. Apparently security is concerned that some fans might pose as followers of Yogananda just to get inside, hence the curtain.

Apparently security is concerned that some fans might pose as followers of Yogananda just to get inside, hence the curtain
good idea! seriously im more concerned about haters getting in there. surprised they are letting anyone actually inside the building. its a security risk. the curtain stops ppl gorking but it want physically stop anyone. anyway i keep telling myself i wont come in this thread. why the hell are we talking about this. none of this is real i swear. hurts like hell

This is ridiculous. Yogananda fans can go in and visit his grave but MJ fans have to be left out like animals. After all the support fans showed Michael while he was still alive. I mean really. Not fair.

I just don't get it.

I agree, they have gone so overboard with this....I understand not being able to go inside, but really? You have big legends like Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison and Elvis Presley that you can just walk up to and leave your flowers, stuff animals and prayers.

I thought no one but family members were allowed at FL but now you have Yogananda fans going in and visit his grave. One rule goes for one set a fans and another rules for another set of fans. I'm sure a lot of MJ fans are going to be calling and e-mailing FL about this. When you realy look at this, it's not fair.

Last edited:
I wonder if it's the family who are enforcing this. It is strange that they are playing yo-yo with us fans which isn't fair.
The family made a huge mistake by not having a place made public for MJ fans to pay thier respect. Plus it would have put money into their pocket since they love it so much.
This behavior will continue as long as MJ's remains are there; there is no stoppin the fans...... at least the loyal one.:(

First of all, I want to say -- I am 25-years-old. As long as I can REMEMBER, I have been a fan of Michael Jackson. Yes, all the "cliches" are true: I grew up to his music, I remember watching "Moonwalker," and every video premiere was a huge event!

I believe that Michael Jackson's tomb should be protected, there are lunatics out there, everyone knows this. What I also think though, is that there should be a place where Michael Jackson fans can congregate, to talk about him, take flowers, and to just feel close to the singer, if that is what will give them closure. I do believe that 99% of fans are respectful and would never do anything that was not respectful. There are people out there, who masquerade as fans and do thinks that are off the cuff, which makes those in authority look down their nose on MJ fans, which is absolutely not right. A true fan would never do anything to disrespect him or his memory, it is the people who pretend to be fans, but really they have another agenda (take pictures, and the like). MJ is the biggest entertainer EVER. No one has even come close. MJ is in a class by himself. He was extraordinary, the bond he had and still has with his fans is also extraordinary.

People need to understand that the fans have gone through a terrible time over the past year. MJ was like a part of the family, and many have grieved as though a family member has died. What is so hard to understand? He has had a tremendous impact on countless people around the world. That is obvious.

Something needs to be done -- if they don't want thousands of people at FL then I guess that is understandable, because they don't have enough people to handle those numbers, but then another option needs to exist. People need an outlet to express their grief and pay their respects. People aren't done grieving yet, and it may be many years to come before that happens.

It's like the family thinks we are not good enough to visit Michael.

We can't go near his buriel place. What makes it even sadder is that none of these family members visit Michael unless it's an anniversary and video camera's are being pointed at them. I understand Katherine and the kids not going there. It must be painful still. Too early. They lost a father. She buried her son. But what about the others? Nephews, Nieces, brothers, sisters...Joe? They're so busy doing TV interviews, photoshoots, Ustream chats online, twittering away and trying to make more $ out of Michael. Then you have people like Lisa Marie (who bashed him for years) and Karen Faye (unstable & scary) being allowed to walk in and visit him. If those two broads can go in and pay their "respects" then what about fans who loved Michael.

Something has to be done. Michael was so humble in real life and he would love his fans to stop by and give their love.

It's gotten so out of hand now. It really has. Michael was the biggest entertainer in the world. You can kiss Marilyn Monroe's crypt. You can touch, pray and leave flowers on Elvis Presley's grave. You can sit and play Doors music at Jim Morrison grave. You can sit down on the ground where Jimi Hendrix is buried. I thank the family members of those artists for giving fans a chance to feel closer to the people they admire. I really do.

This whole thing with FL is so cold, nothing like what Michael was in life.

They should have just cremated Michael and throw his ashes on the ocean. It's sacred and fans can always feel close to Michael just by walking down the beach and looking at the sunset over the ocean. That's what the family of Heath Ledger did.

Back