November 26, 2007 News and Mentionings ~J-5 Reunion Tour? ALL THREADS MERGED~

Re: TV ALERT: Jacksons Tour (Chicago ABC 7 Morning News)

Whatever happens, it shows that a LOT of people are interested in whats going to happen next.........:pAnd this also shows a lesson in how news travel......and that its a good thing to not completely trust anything, if you aren`t given a credible source..........( not that I am saying Jermaine isn`t a credible source- just that this shows that something mentioned one place, is repeated as the truth by the next link in the chain..........)^_^

Lol well he isn't a credible source. He always says things are going to happen and they don't so I have a hard time believing that this is true and I can't imagine that MJ would want to go on tour with his family anyway.

ABC World News Now also talked about this rumor briefly. They played a bit of the BIOTB video and the female host seemed excited at the idea... "I hope they do this one, Blame It On the Boogie, one of my favorites! ... They're older, wiser, and it would be great. It would be interesting to see."
Yes, I think a lot of people. esp Jacksons original fanbase would love to see the group reunite. They are part of their childhood and they are a historical landmark. You could see how excited the Ebony CEO was as she recalled dancing to ABC as a child. This is what Michael means to a lot of people. It was J5 before it became MJ. People want to see the magic of the Jacksons again. I know I want to see it too. I am amazed that it is given such publicity. looks like the whole world wants it too.:D

I would love to see the brothers on stage and whenever Jermaine has said this in an interview the audience all cheer, so I think it would be welcomed by a lot of people. It might take a lot of pressre off Michael to do something with his brothers as well as his solo work.

I'd be right there at the concert if they did it. I don't think Jermaine would be saying this if they were not having serious discussions about it.

Yes, I think a lot of people. esp Jacksons original fanbase would love to see the group reunite. They are part of their childhood and they are a historical landmark. You could see how excited the Ebony CEO was as she recalled dancing to ABC as a child. This is what Michael means to a lot of people. It was J5 before it became MJ. People want to see the magic of the Jacksons again. I know I want to see it too. I am amazed that it is given such publicity. looks like the whole world wants it too.:D
We surrrre would like to see them reunite! Growing up with Michael and his brothers made growing up fun. The J5/Jacksons had us dancing from elementary on up to high school, then Michael took us the rest of the way. This is why many of us say Michael is like a family member to us.

Actually, seeing the whole family tour would knock the world OUT! And I'm not talking about a TKO. I'm talkin' about O-U-T! OUT!! That would shut up everyone and anyone that has ever messed with this family.

Also, I would love to hear Michael sing, "Goin' Back to Indiana." Especially, since he actually did go back in '03 and was totally embraced by his hometown.

Before he became the KOP, baby boy was singing soul. He was tearing it UP!

Last edited:

Yeah the J5 definitely are a historic and national landmark and I would love it if they reunite. I'm up for it even if it is just Jermaine saying it.

We surrrre would like to see them reunite! Growing up with Michael and his brothers made growing up fun. The J5/Jacksons had us dancing from elementary on up to high school, then Michael took us the rest of the way. This is why many of us say Michael is like a family member to us.

Actually, seeing the whole family tour would knock the world OUT! And I'm not talking about a TKO. I'm talkin' about O-U-T! OUT!! That would shut up everyone and anyone that has ever messed with this family.

Also, I would love to hear Michael sing, "Goin' Back to Indiana." Especially, since he actually did go back in '03 and was totally embraced by his hometown.

Before he became the KOP, baby boy was singing soul. He was tearing it UP!
Yes, yes, yes.I remember when every woman and their momma wanted to marry a Jackson. Even Oprah Winfrey. They were trend setters too, if the |jacksons did it, everybody did it. And the slogans for us girls was. " Which Jackson were you going to marry" The Jacksons were HUGE you all, they knocked the beatles off the number one spot in America and went on to break records that even the beatles or Elvis didn't break. They were nicknamed 'The black beatles'. People want that nostalgia back, if only until MJ is ready to do it alone. But you can see that the whole world is excited about it or it wouldn't take off like wild-fire.
I just love to see all them 6 men on stage together, standing strong and tall. It would be symbolic and it would be magic.:D

Last edited:
Re: November 26, 2007 News and Mentionings ~Jermaine:MJ to Join J-5 Reunion Tour?

Here is a video Of Jermaines Interview I made
using pictures of the Jackson 5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx7i1Md63EQ

Thanks Qbees for the video. You do awesome work. Congratulations on Michael Jackson Crazy Videos... That was awesome!

I pray this is true. Like a dream come true if they make this a worldwide tour. Atleast not skipping the USA.

Re: Jermaine claims Michael WILL participate in J5 reunion next year

I think the reasons why because they feel that Jermaine is just saying it to be saying it. I'm not putting my hopes up high but I also won't go that far to think it wasn't true but there are good reasons why not a lot of people here "believe this" and then if Raymone denies it, "see what I tell ya?" :lol:

Alright, I see where you are coming from.

I think this tour would happen. The news is spreading like crazy everywhere: radio, Internet blogs, the news, etc. People are taking the news as if it was true.

Re: Jermaine claims Michael WILL participate in J5 reunion next year

I'm not discrediting Jermaine. I just don't believe that this is a done deal for the exact reasons you say -- it hasn't happened and yet there has been talk about the desire for it to happen. This has been going on for 20 years now. If I'm reading MJ's responses to the questions in Ebony correctly, touring is not going to be a mainstay of his future -- with his own work, let alone J-5 stuff. That is not to say that a reunion is out of the question, but this always seems to come up when MJ is working on his own stuff.

Further, it would be more certain if all of the brothers announce it after the ink is dry on a contract deal.

Until then, I don't hold my breath.

Well, the way I see it, you are, no offense. Just because there are no reports to prove that it has not happened yet does not mean that it has not happened yet. I just do not think that Jermaine and that concert promoter Rowe would all of the sudden say this information and it would happened. There were many times, welll documented on this forum, that Jermaine has said that the tour would happened and it did not. Fans had the nerve (that includes me) to basically bashed Jermaine and say that he was "lying" about it.

MJ said that in the Ebony interview that and I directly quote him: "I don't care about long tours". He never said that he does not like to tour or does not want to tour, he just does not care about long tours. He was not asked if he would like to do a tour with his brothers again. Maybe you got the whole touring issue confused with his answer to the question and I directly quote it: "So, you are almost 50 now. Do you think you'll be doing this at 80?"

Well, I think the tour will happened without us seeing any "contract" deal or whatever. I think it was in the works for years and they all ready for the tour.

Entertainment Tonight just had a segment on this with none other than Donny Osmond officiating. Anyway, I half way believe this because I feel the family wants to say a big THANK YOU to the fans for being so supportive of Michael. Donny had mentioned that Janet may be there as well but I don't think so. Janet's doing her own tour; at least that's what I've been reading on other forums. I believe this will be a wonderful opportunity for the entire family--plus, I'm sure they can use the money.

yeah it makes me laugh how some fans suddenly think a story is credible cause its reported by 20 different papers etc. it doesnt matter that those 20 papers all got the info from the same one source.. but because its reported alot it suddenly makes the story true

However, sometimes the story could be credible and true. I hope it is so that some people would eat crow. :)

You have an issue with Jermaine and I can sense that in your posts.

Well i would love to go if it is true...but i anit holding my breath till i see it from my very eyes!

However, sometimes the story could be credible and true. I hope it is so that some people would eat crow. :)

You have an issue with Jermaine and I can sense that in your posts.

Well he IS a greasy shiny mothaf***a, ya know? :lol: But seriously, I think anyone who hears a guy go on and on for ten years about a possible reunion will get a little ticked at the messenger, yaknowwhatimsayin'? ;)

I think Jermaine has a lot of big ideas and dreams and sometimes they come out before the family decides but all in all maybe it's time they come full circle.

Can you imagine the sheer excitement of the Jacksons all taking the stage together? Wow, the energy would be amazing. I'd like it if the girls were included as well - they are family too ;)

I think Janet will do her own thing (Billboard confirmed Janet will release her new album next February) but Rebbie and La Toya could still support their brothers from the backstage or have Rebbie sing with them or something, like if they perform "2300 Jackson Street" (then it'll probably be the only time we'll see Janet with her big brothers). :) The possibilities are endless but I don't want party poopers to ruin the imagination. Not getting my hopes up but I'm positive about a possible reunion. Michael WILL come back one way or another and if that means his brothers have to join him, so be it. B)

I have to agree that Jermaine has mentioned this tour thing more than a thousand times, and nothing comes to fuition. I think the best thing though is to wait and see. Yet I think that when Michael does release his work, he'll want to do it alone and after it's had it's run, do some tourning with the family. Who knows though, he's surprised us before so.....I guess we'll have to wait and see.

:)

Well he IS a greasy shiny mothaf***a, ya know? :lol: But seriously, I think anyone who hears a guy go on and on for ten years about a possible reunion will get a little ticked at the messenger, yaknowwhatimsayin'? ;)
But why get ticked off about it though, to the extent that some people verbally abuse the messanger? Jermaine is in a unique position because he is a member of the family. It could be that this has been discussed over lunch by the brothers including MJ.
MJ must know that his original fanbase want to see the brothers again. It would be a disservice to them if he did not do it for them. The brothers are loved by the masses.
You saw the hysteria when they all appeared on stage together. They are a nostalgic group. Older fans grew up with them. They are legends and we want to see them
Also Joe and Katherine desrve to see their sons together on the stage one last time before they go.
If Michael is the only one holding out this would be very sad indeed.:(

Sometimes, things of the past are a thing of the past. I really don't see a tour happening. Because it has been announced just too many times without anything happening. It's always from the family side, never from Michael. He was already reluctant about the Victory tour, and wasn't part of the last album in 1989.

I do think it would be a good idea. Not a big tour maybe. But perhaps a one off concert. And then concentrate on the Jacksons, not the solo work of everyone. No Beat It, no Thriller, no Say What you Say. That way, people are taken back in time and may gain some sympathy again. And after that concert, Michael could release his new single, new video, and a new album. And then tour. Careerwise it would possibly be the best.

But... I don't think he's in to anything I've written here. Just hope he WILL come back in a big way. But he has to clean up house first and get all those suits out of the way, and pay his bills. Or be bankrupt and start over from scratch.

I would love to see all the brothers together on stage. I was just a little girl back in 1984 and I wasn't even a fan until 1991. I think it would be good for us newer, European, fans to see how it all began in a way.
But I too have a hard time believing Jermaine. He has been saying it too often without anything happening. It may be that the brothers, maybe even Michael, want to do it, it just that they haven't had the time for it. If it really were to become reality Jermaine shouldn't have said anything until there are names on paper and the whole thing started. Then there should be a press conference, WITH MICHAEL, to announce the tour.

You have an issue with Jermaine and I can sense that in your posts.__________________

hardly. seemed to be a nice guy when i saw him in london in march. only issue i have is with him continuingly putting out statements/stories that over the last 15 years have been provern to be false. so why should anyone expect it to be different this time.excuse me for thinking that yet again its another lie.cause its not like hes got a track record of saying this. lol. if it happens great ill be there. but considering the track record of these comments and the fact mj is recording his own music and i doubt he wants the hasstle his family brings then shame on me for thinking that like every other comment we get every 6 months for the last 15 years this isnt true either lol

I would have to say though.. Jermain has said this at least 5 times within the past 2 years but this is the first time the news has taken it aswell... I saw it twice last night on TV NEWS.

The only other times I have seen Jermains words about a reunion tour as real, or even mention it, was when he was ON the actual TV show. Otherwise it does not get attention.

This time it is. Either the media has got TOO desperate for some Jackson news, or a little truth to it..

My personal beliefe is that the Jacksons plan to tour but Michael does not want to. Reason why Jermain keeps saying it, is because they are TRYING to do it. They know they can't do it RIGHT without MIKE.

Mike did not plan to do the Victory tour either. Michael wants to focus on HIS career.. Once the late 70's hit, Michael sky rocketed into orbit, where no one has reached in the music industry, while the JACKSONS reached the highest point known AT THAT TIME.. Michael took it somewhere ELSE. Now when Michael gets "pulled" into these family things, it brings him back to those limites. where he KNOWS he can take off much further.

This is not cutting down the JACKSONS, they are the greatest musical family in history. But Michael is THE shining star among the entertaint industry.

Now when Michael gets "pulled" into these family things, it brings him back to those limites. where he KNOWS he can take off much further.

I doubt he has any kind of resentment or grudge against the family thing. He loves them dearly and supports them like they did him a few years ago. But I can see what you are saying. This becoming reality can only push his ambitions once again to the back burner and it would be a huge delay for all of us. But also, the touring thing isnt a bad idea. IMO

So what if he is a greasy mother you know what? I know that he is a lot of things, but I do not think he is a liar. I mean, MJ maybe was not feeling a tour with his brothers. Now, things have changed. After that trial, it seems like MJ is spending more time with family and is completely devoted with his family. Maybe this time around, he might want to do the tour. The people who get ticked at the messenger about what Jermaine continues to say about the tour needs to let the anger go and go somewhere with that. I think the tour will happen.

I think Janet will do her own thing (Billboard confirmed Janet will release her new album next February)

Good. Let her do her own thing. I do not want her anywhere near that tour if that happens. I am not saying that in a good way. However, LaToya and Rebbie - I would not have a problem with that.

hardly. seemed to be a nice guy when i saw him in london in march. only issue i have is with him continuingly putting out statements/stories that over the last 15 years have been provern to be false.

Hmmmm. For some reason, I am not buying the "hardly" part. There is something deeper. Anyway, I wouldn't say they were proven "false". I would say something like, "things got in the way". There wasthe trial, the lawsuits, the issues within the family, etc.

so why should anyone expect it to be different this time.excuse me for thinking that yet again its another lie.cause its not like hes got a track record of saying this. lol. if it happens great ill be there. but considering the track record of these comments and the fact mj is recording his own music and i doubt he wants the hasstle his family brings then shame on me for thinking that like every other comment we get every 6 months for the last 15 years this isnt true either lol

Why should anyone assume what Jermaine said is a lie? Well, you can think whatever you want to think regarding this topic. I just find it pathetic that fans want to call Jermaine a liar because they are afraid that it could be true and that MJ would do the tour before dealing with his solo work which would cause a major delay regarding the release of the CD. You know, I am just saying. The "hassle" in his family? You make it seem like it was a bad thing. Do you have hassles in your family? I have plenty. So, what gives?

It's not about resentment.. OF CORSE he loves his brother. But simply put, Michael knows the group limited him. He had/has so much of HIS heart he wanted to give, and when you are in GROUP less of YOU, you can give..

no matter how much his bro's love Mike, they would want to write songs, pick styles, have A LOT of creative input.. But honestly, the more input someone else puts in, the less you do.

Michael is GREAT with his brothers, but to be honest he's BEST on his own.. That's why as soon as he dedicated to his solo career, he went into orbit.

I'm not saying they should not do things together etc.. But Michael is a creative genious, and the more his brothers would want to put input, the less creative input Michael would have.. Him being a perfectionist, it does not mix well. He wants things to be PERFECT. He believes in himself, and believes his creativity can get him to satisfactory.

It's not about resentment.. OF CORSE he loves his brother. But simply put, Michael knows the group limited him. He had/has so much of HIS heart he wanted to give, and when you are in GROUP less of YOU, you can give..

no matter how much his bro's love Mike, they would want to write songs, pick styles, have A LOT of creative input.. But honestly, the more input someone else puts in, the less you do.

Michael is GREAT with his brothers, but to be honest he's BEST on his own.. That's why as soon as he dedicated to his solo career, he went into orbit.

I'm not saying they should not do things together etc.. But Michael is a creative genious, and the more his brothers would want to put input, the less creative input Michael would have.. Him being a perfectionist, it does not mix well. He wants things to be PERFECT. He believes in himself, and believes his creativity can get him to satisfactory.
Actually, MJ was still in the group with his brothers when he went into orbit. They sang many of MJ's songs on the Victory tour, one of the most successful tours i history.

In many respects, the Jackson 5 represents a huge portion of Michael's overall legacy. It's like what the Supremes represented to Diana or the Beatles represented to Paul and John and 'em. I could see why such a reunion is necessary and in many ways needed. I'm one who's vocal about seeing the six Jacksons reunite for one more time. Some say it's needed because lawsuits, court trials, personal baggage and book controversies have somehow tarnished their legacy (not hugely but it has had tatters) while others are not too sure. The Jackson family have proved people wrong for over five decades really. I feel they could do it again and I feel Michael may want this too. None of us know what Michael wants to do. He can say one thing and then do another so if Michael does confirmed that he's part of the reunion, don't act all surprised.

I see both sides of the argument though but we shall see where the chips fall. Especially since there's still news tickets about the reunion. The only thing that can stop it is if a personal infraction has led to it not being a reality. I actually can't hate on Jermaine for his optimism this time around. Fifteen years after he first proposed this, I feel this reunion would have more sentiment value than the previous reunion plans did.

Again, this is just how I look at it.

Also, New Edition is planning on doing something in 2008 too... it wouldn't hurt for two generations of R&B legends to have a friendly competition.

Jacksons vs. NE... how about them odds, huh? :lol:

Some people really need to understand that Michael did not want to do Jackson family projects in the early 80's.. He did it out of LOVE for his family. not because of personal interest..

The Victory album had very LITTLE Michael. On the Victory Tour when Jermain would do his solos, all the Jacksons would sing back up but Mike..

The Jackson family did MANY things Michael did not want to, but went along with it to show love and support.. Victory album, Victory tour, having Don King Promote the tour.. SO MUCH, Michael said 'no' to, but still went along with it FOR the brothers and the rest of the family.

When you have dreams to be the LARGEST artist in history, you cannot bring the family with you. Michael KNEW he had more in him.. MUCH MORE. You would not go to the olympics for a race, with someone on your back would you? NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU LOVE THEM.. Michael stayed out of the real race he wanted and stayed in the "group races" "Team events".

It has nothing to do with selfishness, or greed. He was more than loving, more than generous with everything he did.

Also to Datsymay, to what you said.

"Actually, MJ was still in the group with his brothers when he went into orbit. They sang many of MJ's songs on the Victory tour, one of the most successful tours i history. "

Keep in mind the VICTORY TOUR was a 'REUNION TOUR'. He went into orbit with his SOLO stuff, THEN VICTORY came along as a reunion..

Back