November 26, 2007 News and Mentionings ~J-5 Reunion Tour? ALL THREADS MERGED~

Plus the reunion wasn't with MICHAEL, it was with JERMAINE. The group still existed in 1984 though it had been put on hiatus since Michael was busy creating Thriller. The group truly ended recording in 1989. It wouldn't hurt for the old men to get together one more time. They ain't getting much younger, all six of them aren't, so I would think that if Michael was too busy into his own thing, he'll be quick to say "no go", right?

If they were to do a "Family" tour it would be mind blowing.

It doesn't have to be a long one. A short one would be phenomenal. These are the Jacksons we're talking about!

The Jacksons group, LaToya, Janet, and Michael (respectively). Hey, maybe even include Rebbie. I'd love to see her sing Centipede.

If the six brothers perform first as The Jacksons, let the sisters do their separate sets in the middle, and then have Michael go on alone last, he'll be able to rest up a bit before closing the show. Hey, maybe we could even see LaToya and Janet sing their part in P.Y.T. That would be beyond cute! OOOOooo and even let LaToya scream in Heartbreak Hotel if she's up to it. lol :)

After Michael is done singing his last song of the night, which of course could be one of his brand new ones, his sisters and brothers could come back out, join him on stage and they all could bow together. This "Family" tour could be the threshold to the new era.

Following this tour, Janet and Michael could branch off and do their own thing like they've been doing.

That would be OFF THE HOOK!

Also, if The Jacksons have recorded new songs for a new album, this concert would be the best time to introduce it. In the stores would be new music for The Jacksons, Janet and Michael, along with LaToya's album "Starting Over."

A "Jackson Family Reunion Tour" of this magnitude would also do very well in stores if recorded live for CD's and DVD's. All parts of the world would be able to enjoy this rare occurrence...

...if it's true.

Hey Janet, if it's true, will you please, please, please sing "Enjoy." I LOVE this song. It's a very beautiful song, and your voice sounds so pretty.

Last edited:
Re: TV ALERT: Jacksons Tour (Chicago ABC 7 Morning News)

MJ must know that his original fanbase want to see the brothers again. It would be a disservice to them if he did not do it for them. The brothers are loved by the masses.
You saw the hysteria when they all appeared on stage together. They are a nostalgic group. Older fans grew up with them. They are legends and we want to see them
Also Joe and Katherine desrve to see their sons together on the stage one last time before they go.
If Michael is the only one holding out this would be very sad indeed.:(
Exactly... if all of the brother's are up for it and he would say "No!", then that would truly suck!

Sometimes, things of the past are a thing of the past. I really don't see a tour happening. Because it has been announced just too many times without anything happening. It's always from the family side, never from Michael. He was already reluctant about the Victory tour, and wasn't part of the last album in 1989.
You know... the funny thing is... when Michael talks about plans and promises things, which, in the end, do not come to fruition, we all find thousands of excuses for him, but when Jermaine continously talks about plans of the family to do something together, which also do not come to fruition, everybody calls him a liar! No one of us knows what has been happening and talked about behind the scenes and what obstacles they were facing! There are six brothers who all have lives, families, careers and responsibilities!

We are just Michael's fans! Jermaine is his brother!

Regarding the '89 album! Michael just came off the huge Bad album and tour and his career was still in full swing, getting ready for his follow up album! It was kinda obvious that he wouldn't be that involved! But still, he sang on a song and appeared in the video! So it wasn't like he was opposing that Jacksons project! Now is a different time! It's about rebuilding! And a great way would be to show the people why and how they fell in love with him in the first place!

Last edited:

a tour with his family would be easier for Michael,don't you think?

I personally would like a mini MICHAEL JACKSON tour. But I would like a JACKSON FAMILY REUNION CONCERT (TV SPECIAL). I would love to go to both. But I would really want my opportunity to see MICHAEL and his dancers do their thing.

The MORE Jackson family stuff, the less SOLO performances we'll get.. On 30th Anniversary. If it were all MJ. He would have performed other songs we love.. Possibly Smooth Criminal and/or Man in the Mirror, etc.. He had less performances to do SOLO wise, so we got less SOLO performances.

You know... the funny thing is... when Michael talks about plans and promises things, which, in the end, do not come to fruition, we all find thousands of excuses for him, but when Jermaine continously talks about plans of the family to do something together, which also do not come to fruition, everybody calls him a liar! No one of us knows what has been happening and talked about behind the scenes and what obstacles they were facing! There are six brothers who all have lives, families, careers and responsibilities!

We are just Michael's fans! Jermaine is his brother!

Regarding the '89 album! Michael just came off the huge Bad album and tour and his career was still in full swing, getting ready for his follow up album! It was kinda obvious that he wouldn't be that involved! But still, he sang on a song and appeared in the video! So it wasn't like he was opposing that Jacksons project! Now is a different time! It's about rebuilding! And a great way would be to show the people why and how they fell in love with him in the first place!

You know something? You definitely have good points. Michael never neglected to do anything his family asked him to. He even agreed to do Jackson Family Honors regardless of how the story accounts with what the brothers wanted him to do, he was there. Things are definitely different than they were in those days. Like I said, you never know what Michael is thinking. He's still ambitious of his own thing but I don't think he'll turn down this especially if OTHER THINGS had gotten in the way. Michael could've done a lot of stuff had it not been for some OTHER THINGS, you know?

a tour with his family would be easier for Michael,don't you think?

You'd think, right? No I'm not saying he SHOULD but I think doing the brothers tour when everyone shares credit and shares the work and Michael doesn't have to be responsible for 100% of what goes down could be a weight off his shoulders before he does his own thing. Like All For MJ said, it could be a short tour and then when it's over, MJ the solo artist returns. You know the words: "you can say one thing but do something different", well think about that and then if suddenly you see this headline: "JACKSON AGREES TO TOUR WITH BROTHERS IN REUNION TOUR" and it's confirmed from the horse's mouth or maybe Raymone's for that matter, then what? We truly don't know what's going on because Michael has this "I'll let you figure it out" attitude about him where you never know what he's going to do next. Hey, I didn't know he was gonna do EBONY or ITALIAN VOGUE, it just happened. :lol:

And yeah I do see a double standard: people who hear what Michael wants to do and never see it happening make up anything for him while if Jermaine says something, "oh he's lying, oh he don't know what he's talking about", I know that because I'm guilty of it too.

Personally, I hope this is false and that Michael doesn't tour with his The Jacksons. He needs to bring the DANGEROUS years atmosphere back...he's gotta look foward, not back!

Last edited:
Guess we'll never get to see the silver lining. Many fans (and non-fans) do hope for a reunion, some others are more comfortable with MJ going at it alone.

And yet no one's asking themselves "what would Raymone say?" :p

Last edited:
Guess we'll never get to see the silver lining. Many fans (and non-fans) do hope for a reunion, some others are more comfortable with MJ going at it alone.

:pyou're cute

The MORE Jackson family stuff, the less SOLO performances we'll get.. On 30th Anniversary. If it were all MJ. He would have performed other songs we love.. Possibly Smooth Criminal and/or Man in the Mirror, etc.. He had less performances to do SOLO wise, so we got less SOLO performances.
I don't care! I was more than happy to get Can you feel it, Dancing Machine and Shake your body for the first time in many years... I prefer that than to see Smooth Criminal for the hundredth time!

You'd think, right? No I'm not saying he SHOULD but I think doing the brothers tour when everyone shares credit and shares the work and Michael doesn't have to be responsible for 100% of what goes down could be a weight off his shoulders before he does his own thing. Like All For MJ said, it could be a short tour and then when it's over, MJ the solo artist returns.
Exactly!! And he probably would have to sing live for a change.... because somebody will be there to kick his butt and tell him to sing live! :p

LOL

The good thing though is, Raymone hasn't shut it down yet... so either she doesn't know or she's not allowed to say anything! If latter is the case, then anything is possible!

Exactly!! And he probably would have to sing live for a change.... because somebody will be there to kick his butt and tell him to sing live!

I know right! That dude owes us... :D

Noooo! Just no reunion!!! Michael needs to go forward with his career, not backward :huh:

I don't know which way Michael is going in his career as of the moment. Right now, I'm thinking he's moonwalking with his career. :p
Exactly! Back and forward but in the same time it's not understood where is he going to:huh: Moonwalking is confusing lol

Back