Official DVD's, terrible ?

they are pretty bad. The dangerous and HIStory Dvd's are in very good quality, tho

The HIStory Book I DVD is the worst. TWYMMF is soooo grainy! I hate the production of all MJs DVDs Im sad to say.

He should re-issue them in high quality. I doubt it would ever happen, tho.

I mean like this. I'm making this one for myself (I've original DVD)

dirtyorij2.png

dirtyrezh1.png

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5DEO0NZD

Samples from Dirty Diana - check sound (36 mb) :) We want like this HQ sound and picture quality. This is just a sample for comparsion.

uhmm.. how can you guys even notice that? I dont lol.... Im happy for what I get and thats it......

Cool! I support this.

But why "widescreen"?

I mean, it would be cool, but I doubt there are videos like Thriller or Billie Jean available in widescreen.
With remastered video, removed noise, progressive encoding to get a sharper video, stereo and surround sound, I would satisfied :)...

Anyway, it would be pretty good to realease REAL widescreen videos like Remember the Time or Who is it
in different discs and so enable 16:9 screen. Because widescreen videos must have black stripes to fit in 4:3 screen.

Bye.

I think it's a disgrace that they put out material with such historical value and quality in a state like that. It's an insult to say the least.

And now we have Blue Ray, so a re-issue will probably happen at some point. Hope they take that opportunity to put out something better.

I am so happy that I do not have the problem, witch some of you do have ! I am very happy to have Michael Jackson Videos for my own and to have the possibility to watch them whenever i want to. I don't care about the quality.

BAD In Japan ? ... Isn't that the illegal product witch was released by "Crime Crow" ?

Or did i miss something ? ^^

Personally I dont get why they'd make The way you make me feel video grainy on purpose, if that was the case, why is it 10 times better in the Moonwalker film?

I'm more concerned about the stuff that hasn't seen a DVD release at all.

For instance, why didn't we get The Making of Thriller as the bonus DVD in T25, rather than a bunch of music videos everybody either already owns or can see in constant rotation on TMF/The Hits/MTV etc anyway?

Similarly, why has The Legend Continues never been upgraded to DVD?

Also, why has Ghosts never been given a DVD release? It's one of MJ's greatest masterpieces, in my opinion.

Finally - and most importantly - why no Bad Tour release?

I don't understand why Sony keep trying to trick us into buying the same thing over and over again when they're sitting on such a goldmine of material that we genuinely want to pay money for.

Hmmm. I was considering getting History Vol. 2 but now I'm hesitant, if the sound and picture really isn't that good. I have Bucharest on DVD and thought it was perfect.

Hmmm. I was considering getting History Vol. 2 but now I'm hesitant, if the sound and picture really isn't that good. I have Bucharest on DVD and thought it was perfect.

I have never found any problems with HIStory Vol II and certainly not with the newer videos.

Stop complaining about whats been released! Psh.

If you dont like it, dont watch them. Or go and stand outside SONY and burn them. But dont bitch about them on here :) lol

I've another way, I can fix them for my self :) Both audio and video (5.1 & stereo) And I'll keep the original menus. So you can learn and you can change for yourself.

originalha5.png

effected1wi6.png

original2fz8.png

effected2gh4.png

original3465.png

effected3733.png

Okay, so I just got HIStory Vol II for Christmas, and when I watched it, I noticed that it wasn't allowing me to choose these options on the menu:

--Chapter Selections
--I forget what this option was, I think it was an audio one
--Lyrics

I couldn't click on these. I was only able to select the "resume." Am I the only one with this problem?

Well,I'm GOING to remake the Thriller 25 DVD soon,so please DON'T expect ME to share it,because THAT would be ILLEGAL!I'm just remaking the menu and retouching the video quality.

Stop complaining about whats been released! Psh.

If you dont like it, dont watch them. Or go and stand outside SONY and burn them. But dont bitch about them on here :) lol

People are entitled to voice and express their opinions, especially on matters as trivial as DVD's. I thought the Dangerous Short Films DVD was okay, the rest were crap. The content of the DVD's is fine (the music videos), but the extras are non-existent. A star of MJ's magnitude and with his longevity.. you'd think he'd have something with a bit more substance out by now.

hm moonwalker i fink great quality sound pictures but others dvd is very bad quality.
DJ_OXyGeNe_8 what program you use to remastered video?

I think that there are people who are HiFi crazy. Almost nothing is good enough for them. They will see and hear every little mistake in everything. And then there are people who are happy to get something on a DVD/CD.

I personally don't get this quality issue. I've seen DVD's much worse that any MJ/Sony product.

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the type of the television and DVD/CD player also play a big role on how the sounds come out and how picture looks like?

Since Finland turned to digital television I don't notice a big difference in the sound or picture compared to analogy TV.

I personally have never had any problem with any of the DVDs.

that's funny about TWYMMF.I ripped it to my computer STRAIGHT from the #1's dvd and it's in EXCELLENT quality.It's just a beautiful video.Try ripping it to YOUR GUYS' computer.

I'm more concerned about the stuff that hasn't seen a DVD release at all.

For instance, why didn't we get The Making of Thriller as the bonus DVD in T25, rather than a bunch of music videos everybody either already owns or can see in constant rotation on TMF/The Hits/MTV etc anyway?

Similarly, why has The Legend Continues never been upgraded to DVD?

Also, why has Ghosts never been given a DVD release? It's one of MJ's greatest masterpieces, in my opinion.

Finally - and most importantly - why no Bad Tour release?

I don't understand why Sony keep trying to trick us into buying the same thing over and over again when they're sitting on such a goldmine of material that we genuinely want to pay money for.

Oh, men!! Those words are music for my hears!! Well done :p!

Back