Paris Jackson Rushed to Hospital After Possible Suicide Attempt

During the AEG civil trial today, this is what Debbie Rowe said about Paris:

She is devastated, Rowe said. She tried to kill herself. She is devastated. She has no life. She doesn't feel she has a life anymore.

This is so heartbreaking.

I'll say it again and I know many of us in the forum believe this to be true--Katherine let this child down in a big way. All of Michael's children deserved to have grief counseling after their father's death, and because the family is so paranoid about "outsiders," they did not get that therapy. When Paris started to show symptoms--and they can be subtle, but a good psychiatrist can interpret them--she should have gotten IMMEDIATE medical attention. But, Katherine was too busy scheming with her greedy cubs to sue AEG, while Michael's kids needed her attention, love and support.

I hope and pray Michael's children survive Katherine as their guardian--so far, it has not been an easy road for any of them, but especially Paris.

Hobbies and Mental Health

a506c2cffc20f5a84ec2bc131ce41394.jpg

Maybe you love to cook, write, play guitar, go rock climbing or paint. Then your depression came, or your anxieties got to paralyzing levels, or your anger and stress just became too much. The hobbies fell by the wayside and you felt lost, bored, too tired to do anything.

Well, another factor you can control that helps deal with depression, anxiety, anger or stress is to use your talents, passions, talents or hobbies on a regular basis. Research has shown that engaging in activities that you enjoy, or are naturally good at, can boost mental health.

One in-patient mental health facility in the United Kingdom that primarily treats those with schizophrenia and major depressive disorder helps its patients to develop long-lost hobbies. They’ve found that many of these individuals had lost their sense of identity and/or self-esteem due to their condition or major events in their lives. When therapists started to encourage these individuals to set aside time to engage in a hobby they noticed a marked improvement in their mental health and overall well-being. Many individuals who are suffering from their symptoms find themselves housebound. Maybe they do manage to have a job or career, but when they get home they are so drained that all the energy they can muster is to sit on the couch and watch TV. They eat, go to bed and begin to process anew. For these individuals life is a dead end and holds no interest in them.

A prominent researcher, Viktor Frankl, created a psychotherapeutic technique called logotherapy and is often used to help those suffering from a terminal illness. Logotherapy was created as a meaning-centered psychotherapy that focuses on goals to be fulfilled by the patient in the future. With this approach, the patient is confronted with the meaning of life, so as to provide an awareness that will allow him, or her, to overcome their issues. Frankl considers it his primary focus that striving to find meaning is a person’s primary motivational force. In treatment, this search for meaning often manifested itself in the form of hobbies or activities that the patient indicated held special importance in their lives.

Some told of their desire to paint, even though they may have any special talent in it, as a need to create something that will still exist well after they are gone. Many found attachment to a pet and realized how important they were to having a purpose in their lives. Knowing how much someone, even a pet, may depend on you took special meaning in their lives. Others reported that engaging in their hobby was cathartic in that it allowed a way to channel and exorcise much of the pain and hurt they felt. With this in mind, we can now see the importance of having hobbies or activities in our everyday lives. If you can’t think of a hobby just try one of the things below to get you started. Try it, and if you don’t like it, move on. Keep in mind that some of these activities take awhile to master, but the more you practice, the more proficient you become.

Hobby Ideas:
1. Adopt a pet
2. Make bread, smoke fish, brew beer/wine and engage in other food projects
3. Take up scrapbooking
4. Learn to Knit
5. Get into model trains, R/C airplanes or cars
6. Take up hunting, camping or fishing
7. Get into martial arts
8. Try kayaking or rock climbing
9. Teach yourself guitar or piano
10. Learn to woodwork
11. Try learning to dance
12. Do snowboarding
13. Join a soccer, rugby, softball or volleyball team
14. Take up golf
15. Do horse riding
16. Learn how to make art from pottery, painting, drawing or mosaics
17. Collect something: coins, antiques, sports memorabilia or wines
18. Get outside and do some photography
19. Try gardening
20. Coach a little league team
21. Buy a telescope and learn astronomy
22. Volunteer for a charity
23. Start a blog to vent your frustrations
24. Study world history, culture or a new language
25. Take up amateur archeology
26. Get into patchwork/quilting
27. Do candle making or homemade soaps
28. Try beading
29. Learn how to forage for mushrooms, plants and other edibles
30. Join a literature group
31. Take up the art of bonsai trees
32. Trace your family history
33. Do Pilates, yoga or aromatherapy
34. Go geocaching
35. Try joining a public speaking or singing group
36. Learn to DJ and mix music
37. Join a card playing group like bridge, poker, cribbage or sheepshead
38. Try paintballing
39. Create and design your own clothes
40. Swimming
41. Jump in your car and drive somewhere you’ve never been
42. Make homemade movies
43. Buy an aquarium and stock it with rare fish
44. Collect and polish rocks
45. Become a foodie and join a group
46. Try sailing, water skiing, or other water sports
47. Write poems
48. Join an investing group
49. Get a metal detector and see what you can dig up
50. Renovate or re-decorate a room in your house/apartment
- See more at: http://allthingsdepression.com/2011/02/hobbies-and-mental-health/#sthash.tFVOQHOE.dpuf

^^^The kind of depression that leads to a suicide attempt cannot be lessened by adopting a pet or the other 49 tips above. What Paris is enduring is a very serious illness that is typically addressed through a combination of psychotherapy and medication.

^^^
I tend to disagree with you, because if you don't find something outside of yourself, feeling sorry for yourself, then you won't find feelings of feeling better about your lot in life. Even people who suffer from schizophrenia benefited from a hobby. Your description gives no hope!

^^^
I tend to disagree with you, because if you don't find something outside of yourself, feeling sorry for yourself, then you won't find feelings of feeling better about your lot in life. Even people who suffer from schizophrenia benefited from a hobby. Your description gives no hope!

This is not really an opinion I'm expressing--this is based on clinical protocols psychiatrists use when dealing with chronic depression (especially in a teenager) that leads to a suicide attempt. Psychiatrists use psychotherapy and medication primarily.

To say that if Paris had just gotten a hobby, all would be well, is to minimize the seriousness of her illness and borders on victim blaming. It IS an illness and a very serious one that is unlike a depressive mood disorder that comes and goes. Paris cannot on her own "cheer herself up" by getting a hobby. Paris is in treatment currently because it's a process to work through and with the
proper medical attention (which she is apparently getting now) she hopefully will recover completely.

Last edited:
It's really upsetting to me that Paris’s grief and her depression is being minimized in such an overly simplified manner. What’s been posted amounts to telling her and others who suffer with her very serious illness is to just get over it. It’s the same way her father’s childhood abuse, insomnia and pain issues have been minimized. Paris shouldn’t be judged that way. JMO.

Victory22;3888909 said:
It's really upsetting to me that Paris’s grief and her depression is being minimized in such an overly simplified manner. What’s been posted amounts to telling her and others who suffer with her very serious illness is to just get over it. It’s the same way her father’s childhood abuse, insomnia and pain issues have been minimized. Paris shouldn’t be judged that way. JMO.

I couldn't agree more. Paris has a serious illness and it's naive to think that this is temporary or that with the right "distractions' she'll feel better. If that were the case, she would not have been hospitalized and then transferred to a long-term treatment facility. Suicide attempts are beyond a "call for help" -- they are the manifestation of a clinical depression.

Paris deserves our respect and concern and she is not the one who needs advice on how to cheer herself up. I think the better focus might be tips for Katherine Jackson on being a more attentive, loving guardian and grandmother, frankly. JMO

When Debbie said that Paris feels she has no life really broke my heart. You can tell she has Michael's kindness and good heart and I hope in time she will feel that she deserves to be happy and that she does have a life. She will always have her father's love. My friend lost her dad last year and it's been really hard on her but I always tell her that her dad would want her to be happy. Want the best for her. I have mentioned to her to talk to someone professionally about it too. The kids should have had counselling after Michael died. It's hard enough losing your only parent but when that parent is one of the most famous people in the world you need guidance in dealing with that.

Guys, I don't think Alicat meant to imply that Paris should just get a hobby and everything will be ok. I don't think Alicat was minimizing the seriousness of her condition. Alicat did not say get hobbies and do nothing else. To me what the poster is saying is that having hobbies is an important part of the therapeutic process, and fosters good mental health. It is true that during therapy, you are encouraged to engage in your hobbies, talents because these are therapeutic and help the healing process. I think this is what Alicat was trying to say. Patients engage in activities such as painting, riding, dancing, and their goals are incorporated into the therapy. Some of the mentally ill are asked what they want to do with their lives, and if they say they want to go to college and they are college aged, that is put into their plan. Alicat showed this future plan being done with terminally ill patients, but it is also done with those with mental health issues as well.

Also, if Paris is in a residential therapeutic facility, you can bet that she already has a schedule where she engages in some from of hobby/talent activity. It might be dancing, riding, taking care of the garden, etc. The garden has been used for a long time, especially with facilities that have extensive property. Planting, weeding, taking care of the plants/flowers has several therapeutic effects.

All these work together--therapy, medication, hobbies/talents.

Last edited:
Petrarose summed it up beautifully, thank you!

We want the best for her and hope for the best, too. Having a hobby is a positive reinforcement for one's mental well being. It challenges you!

Medication and psychotherapy are indispensable to very severe depression accompanied by suicidal thoughts and acts, but they do not guarantee 100% success, although their effectiveness is undeniable. Medication helps, therapy helps, other distractive methods also may help and give positive effects in particular to prevent patients from risk of relapse. However, full recovery mostly comes from inner strength of each patient in the case of depression, unlike other mental disorders.
I'm sure Paris has this inner strength.

Randys running his agenda ridden mouth on twitter about paris. and debbie has called him what he is. a waste of skin.

Randy's tweets:

Randy Jackson ?@randyjackson8 39m
I dont like it I dont like it I dont lime it

Randy Jackson ?@randyjackson8 32m
I dont like that Paris is still in this facility. It's not right

Randy Jackson ?@randyjackson8 31m
She's been there much too long

Randy Jackson ?@randyjackson8 9m
She is not psychotic . There is no reason for her to be in a psychiatric hospital this long away from her family

Randy Jackson ?@randyjackson8 8m
I just hate the fact that you will probably still be there on my brother's birthday. This is not good

Randy Jackson ?@randyjackson8 8m
There's something more to this there's something going on I don't like it I'm afraid for her

Randy Jackson ?@randyjackson8 3m
Psychiatric hospitals oftentimes make you feel as though you're psychotic when you're not . Sometimes they make matters worse

Debbie tweeted back to him:

Painted Desert Ranch ?@DJRJPDR 36m
@randyjackson8 as usual you are grossly misinformed

Last edited:
Randy has no business to talk about Paris and should not be anywhere near Paris, preferably outside of 50 mile radius.

Well said Debbie:
Painted Desert Ranch ?@DJRJPDR 5h
@AngelaDF @randyjackson8 I think that's what happens when you talk out of your ass

Why would Randy feel the need to take this to public twitter? If he has concerns he could ask Mommy Dearest. I don't think I will ever get over the aggressive way he approached those kids on the drive, I hope he is kept well away from them. Credit where it's due - good job Debbie.

^^ Don't you remember, Randy said he only takes twitter when its serious:doh:
To him, it seems to be serious that Paris is not available for 29th celebrations in Jackson household.

It scares living daylight out of me that Randy is "worried" about Paris:bugeyed

"She is not psychotic . There is no reason for her to be in a psychiatric hospital this long away from her family"

To keep Paris' mind and spirit healthy, she'd better off away from that family.

In my opinion, Paris Jackson is not available to testify in HIS lawsuit against AEG. Randy's behind is SO transparent.

He needs to play that sympathy card, which Paris' testimony MIGHT have provided for HIS case.

The fact that he has to go all public with his so-called concern, speaks volumes. Whatever is going on, is PRIVATE and should remain PRIVATE.

I like the way Debbie called him out and she's totally correct, i.e. Randy IS cluless (his AEG deposition testimony proved that, in my opinion).

Last edited:
Randy rants on twitter when hes not getting his own way and wants to go all cry baby. so in that sense tweet on!

Oh Randy....
angfw5.gif

Hey people, I knew that two profiles on Instagram (parisjacksonworld and parisjacksonforever) has released pictures of Paris saying they are recent. :blink: Is this true? Someone also seen these pictures? :bugeyed And WHO is releasing these pictures on the internet? :bugeyed People do not leave Paris alone! :perrin: :doh: Paris is not so safe. :(

Last edited:
Something just came to my mind. Could it be that Katherine is not received Paris allowance since she's not home and he's missing his share?

Petrarose I thought the co-guardian would deny Randy's comments but probably he doesn't want to give it much importance but at least Debbie came forward. Why he has to be so mean? How could he go with his life carrying so much anger? It has to be a nightmare to have a relative like him.

Something just came to my mind. Could it be that Katherine is not received Paris allowance since she's not home and he's missing his share?

Petrarose I thought the co-guardian would deny Randy's comments but probably he doesn't want to give it much importance but at least Debbie came forward. Why he has to be so mean? How could he go with his life carrying so much anger? It has to be a nightmare to have a relative like him.

Oh my goodness, I forgot there was a co-guardian. You have a good point there, but remember the co-guardian is in name only and used mainly to go on activities with the children, e.g., parent's night. Basically he is the leg-work man.

NO Katherine doesn't loose guardian support when the person is being treated for an illness or even away on an extended vacation. You are still providing for them and responsible for them... Only if she is no longer guardian would the allowance no longer be necessary.

Oh my goodness, I forgot there was a co-guardian. You have a good point there, but remember the co-guardian is in name only and used mainly to go on activities with the children, e.g., parent's night. Basically he is the leg-work man.

Sorry, forgot about that.

NO Katherine doesn't loose guardian support when the person is being treated for an illness or even away on an extended vacation. You are still providing for them and responsible for them... Only if she is no longer guardian would the allowance no longer be necessary.

I thought Paris' allowance, given to Katherine, was for Paris' expenses and since she's not in the home the allowance would stop. Thanks for the clarification.

PARIS JACKSON
I WANT MY BROTHER BACK

Paris Jackson was at war with her brother Prince days before she tried to commit suicide, and we've learned she's now extremely regretful and wants to mend fences.

Jackson family sources tell TMZ ... Paris felt abandoned by not just Prince, but by everyone in her world. When Michael was alive the family bond was unbreakable. But after he died, she not only lost her father, but the family unit disintegrated. She couldn't relate to Blanket because he was too young, ditto Katherine because she was too old, so the only possible soulmate was Prince.

We're told Prince became distant to Paris because he developed other interests -- girls, martial arts and cars. Paris became enraged and the two argued fiercely, which escalated up to the time Paris took a meat cleaver to her arm.

We're told one of the reasons Paris became close to Debbie Rowe is because her mother showed a genuine interest and love for her daughter -- which meant a lot. But Rowe couldn't solve the big problem in Paris' life -- the feeling of abandonment.

Our sources say Paris has recently been telling friends and family she wants to repair her relationship with Prince, and regrets the conflicts that divided them.

Short story ... we're told the fact that Paris is expressing these feelings is great progress.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/08/22/paris...hael-death-relationship-repair/#ixzz2cgh90cX7

I feel uneasy to look at these photos. I feel sorry for the girl... Hope Debbie will win.

Back