Paul Anka iv Tel Aviv feat. This Is It

I have always liked Paul Anka but what he has done to this song is painful, awful and sucks eggs. The "duet" is pitiful with Michael soaring and Anka seemingly trying to stick a few words in here and there to get credit.

If killing a song is not a crime then it should be.:puke:

lol..that's a perfect description.

I am pleased i read the comments b4 watching the video because i would not have listened to more then 30 seconds of him singing that song before i switched it off, thankfully Michael made the pain of the first however many minutes go away!!! Thanks for this!!!

I do not know what we are discussing here? Michael recorded with Anka a duet of the song named “Never Heard”. Michael took his copy with him cuz he was a co-writer and he had a right do it. This info is from Wikipedia.
“Never heard” song has different lyrics, different rhythm etc.. “This is it” is not the same song.
It has different name, different rhythm and MJ changed the lyrics. Anka said that on the tape it was a duet. “This is it” song tape appeared to be just with Michael’s voice and piano. It means that Michael recorded it later.
Anka said in October that Michael stole this song from him. What a ridiculous thing to say! Anka has to be ashamed of himself for the rest of his life after what he said about Michael as an artist.

I didnt even know who Anka was before he made those vile comments about Michael to TMZ.

I think all the Ankha hating in this thread is a little OTT. Good performance, nice tribute to Michael.

different voice it's more better then we have
i wan't this

I grew up with Anka's music so his voice is familiar to me. I have to say I like this This is it version. The first solemn part is in a nice contrast to the faster MJ part. There is an interesting tension in that song.

I agree with many of you, I prefer this version of Michael's part. I assume there are more than one demo take around.

wow after what 25-30 years Paul Anka got something to perform? without MJ's singing this song would be used as a background lounge track on a new loveboat episode or something.

Paul and his vesion is as played out as that toupe on his head and them tired starsky and hutch suits he still is rocking. take your royality money paul and call it a day. there is a reason why MJ didn't put this song out.

The Mj segement is from MJs piano Demo version that Paul had on his tapes.
Thats the tape they used to make the Album & Orchestra Versions for the TII CD, building the new production and b/g vocals around it.

I love the Michael part, sounds awesome. His voice is just amazing...really hits home there'll never be another. :(

I loved the part with Michael too. Apart from the fact that it wasn't Michael singing, I prefer this version to what we got on the TII album. Imagine how it would sound if it was just Michael and a Piano without the orchestra or backing track :eek:

I want a mp3 version of this.. I really liked it !

-- Michaels voice is different on this track .. Maby we got the demo version ..

I want a mp3 version of this.. I really liked it !

-- Michaels voice is different on this track .. Maby we got the demo version ..

Same here..... I love MJ's singing too!!!!

LOL...Thank goodness...I read the comments first, or I never would have hung in to the last and best part.

Yes, and that is the example how great the songs sound with live instruments or orchestra.

The TII album/radio version is quite boring... that live version has energy... and I can imagine Michael singing such song live... like this..., I really like this version.

BTW, there is a thread for voting for This Is It movie in the TII news section, but here is the direct link - http://www.theinsider.com/obsession..._your_favorite_box_office_blockbuster_of_2009

someone said stop bashing Anka. Were you there for MJ when Anka bashed him? Where was the tribute and adulation before MJ died. We fans are latching onto anything that has MJ attached to it good or bad. That is what the buyin and marketing industry wants. We will put Mike's name on it and his fans will fall for it because they don't have him physically around anymore. Hell you can fall for it I am not. He dogged Michael and I bash who the hell I want to.

Paul Anka's voice isn't really my thing, but since I already know the song, I could deal with it. Paul did help me understand some of lyrics though! lol

Lets be honest, this version is a hell of a lot better than the album version. Of course we would want it all Mike's vocals though. If they gave a damn, Paul would take all of Mike's vocals and cut a remix or part two or something. The ONLY reason I like the album version is Mike's vocals and the background vocals because the backing track is horrible.

THIS is what that song could've sounded like, but it is what it is.

I don't dislike Anka's voice because it is a lounge room style. You have to put it in its proper genre. I don't like "Anka because he blew something way way out of proportion purposely. I do love Mikes voice on this one.

I don't dislike Anka's voice because it is a lounge room style. You have to put it in its proper genre. I don't like "Anka because he blew something way way out of proportion purposely. I do love Mikes voice on this one.

Paul's singing style isn't my cup of tea either. However, he is one of the great songwriters and has written hundreds and hundreds of songs. I love "My Way" the most (I loved singing that song in chorus as a kid). And he wrote the Tonight Show theme song. And who can forget "You're Having My baby"? LOL. Ok, not one of his more prolific works but it was a huge hit in my day. I don't like what he claimed Michael did, saying he stole the tapes. That was inappropriate.

Back