Pepsi and Michael?

Well, they dropped but they have maybe noticed how stupid they were. Michael is technically as big as those companies so it's clear ANYONE would like to work with Michael to have more name and make money. And that helps Michael to make his music more and more famous.

how are pepsi causing health issues? isnt it people fault if they are consuming more then they need to?

Well, they dropped but they have maybe noticed how stupid they were. Michael is technically as big as those companies so it's clear ANYONE would like to work with Michael to have more name and make money. And that helps Michael to make his music more and more famous.

This is way im worried. way not use his fame to somthing good? like I said pepsi is on "the world helth organisation´s" list over companyes that have a bad attitude and threath poor couteris not very well to make a big affort.
And I think its sad that fans think this is okay ass long as he selles more rcordes.
i can´t see how you guyes dont see the connection here??

Are you serious? :huh:
:lol:
I think Michael should be able to do what HE wants to do
without YOU laying a guilt trip on him for whom he decides
to let sponsor him _ Mike is responsible - and not all people
are up in arms over the sugar industry - Mikes Pepsi sponsorship
has enabled himto help 1000's of disadvantaged children around
the world. There is nothing wrong with soda pop or candy ..
what is wrong is people not being responsible in how much they
consume ... So is it just pepsi or any company that sells sugar
products -

I can tell you are very passionate about this issue
but please understand Your personal passion about this
issue has nothing to do with Michael - or his morals ...
dont judge - he's had enough of that ...

It looks like The product he will be promoting is
" Sobe LIFE WATER "

But that is not even a definate - but it looks like
that product has something to do with his SUPERBOWL
spot ..
Agree!

Well there is a lot of things that do damage to people health, like planes, cars, computers, tv, media, the list goes on. Should MJ not use those too?-_-
True!

Well I would hope that folks are smart enough to know TOO MUCH OF ANYTHING is not good for you. I don't care if it's drinking soda or watching television.

Unless Michael is pouring soda down somebody's throat by force, I don't see how you can blame him for anything.

Which company would you like to see Michael align himself with?
True again!

its okay that you are not agree withe me. but we have to put it in a bigger context. mj is a man that have a lot of influence to young kids. and they look up to him. alot of lazy perents feeds their kids white coke so thay have major problems when they get older....it´s actually more than just a coke it is a world poblem. many people die for diebetes.

If we put it in a bigger context here it is; MJ hasn't sponsored any soft drinks for ages now but yet the sugar problem with kids has excelled! So you see the sugar has nothing to do with MJ. Besides diabetes is also caused by obesity, so maybe when MJ start touring/performing (whether sponsored by Pepsi or not) the kids will start to dance too and that will be great. Its not like Pepsi is the only cause of diabetes (type 2) now is it?

It's stupid to say that Pepsi "supports" bad health.. Pepsi has lots of healthy brands but it's people who are stupid and don't care..

:lol:

Agree!

True!

True again!

If we put it in a bigger context here it is; MJ hasn't sponsored any soft drinks for ages now but yet the sugar problem with kids has excelled! So you see the sugar has nothing to do with MJ. Besides diabetes is also caused by obesity, so maybe when MJ start touring/performing (whether sponsored by Pepsi or not) the kids will start to dance too and that will be great. Its not like Pepsi is the only cause of diabetes (type 2) now is it?

that is a very naiv way to look at it.
No pepsi is not the only one here...but it playes the biggest part.

if a guy shoots somebody who u gonna blame, the man with the trigger finger or the gun?

its okay that you are not agree withe me. but we have to put it in a bigger context. mj is a man that have a lot of influence to young kids. and they look up to him. alot of lazy perents feeds their kids white coke so thay have major problems when they get older....it´s actually more than just a coke it is a world poblem. many people die for diebetes.

In part, I agree with you that sugar is bad for us and lots of parents are lazy, but I also think a company with some balance can't be all bad. And AGAIN, we have free will. If not Pepsi, kids will get that sugar from cookies, other candies and other carbs they overconsume with or without parental supervision.

And again, please suggest something you believe Michael could endorse as an alternative? The way I feel, if any of us are looking for him to get with a company with zero baggage, he'll never endorse anything. :lol: And that wouldn't be good for him business-wise. A company trying to balance itself morally, "Life Water", can't be a bad compromise, imo. Perhaps Pepsi is trying to turn things around to get off the WHO list. We should wait and see. :flowers:

To be honest, I'm happy that Pepsi is willing to do business with Michael again. I think it speaks volumes, despite whatever happened in the past. A major company like Pepsi is big for someone who came out of what he went thru. BIG. So many said this would never happen again and I'm sure lots of people, not concerned about sugar, are upset becuz they know what it signifies. They know how important it is and I wouldn't be surprised if those who are unhappy are trying to find a way to block it...pulling any and everything out the hat they can think of.

Kids look up to many celebrities that have Pepsi as a sponsor. I would hope since no fuss was kicked up over those celebrities' involvement, none would be kicked up over MJ. I feel if ppl are going to hold celebrities morally accountable for every little thing, do it for everyone. I would hope Michael isnt singled out. I thought no one wanted him to have anything to do with the world's children anymore anyway. :rolleyes: I remember so many people suggesting that maybe he was too concerned about the world's children and should leave it to their parents to be role models and look out for them, yada yada. It wasn't his place?? He was even condemned for trying to conceal perfectly legal adult behavior in his effort to be a role model for kids. Seems to me like he just can not win. We want him to be responsible, but only on certain terms, or not at all. Where's his free will?

I don´t like any of them;)
well pepsi puts the product out there, they arent to be held resposnible if people choose to over consume, as long as you drink and eat things in moderation then ur fine...

sooo u dont what mj with pepsi because they use sugar? LMAO! So if he did a vegetable add or campell soup add it would be great?! No, its a great idea if he teams up with pepsi,its not pepsi's fault people are addicting to sugar. Pepsi sells, Michael jackson sells...pepsi and michael jackson BANGING TEAM! Go for it Michael!

@ both:

if those drinks cause health problems due to over consuming, then you haven't to be fixed only on the sugar. IMO the phosphoric acid can cause more problems

how are pepsi causing health issues? isnt it people fault if they are consuming more then they need to?

agree

all I can say is ... ''GOOD GREIF, CHARLIE BROWN"...

.. why don't he just retire.. and live like the recluse the media claims he is on some deserted island...

and the initial post needs to be placed on every celeb site and sent to every individual who ever drank a soft drink..

sorry.. but when Michael resurfaces.. so does all the rhetoric

OK.. Ok.. I am out..........>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

In part, I agree with you that sugar is bad for us and lots of parents are lazy, but I also think a company with some balance can't be all bad. And AGAIN, we have free will. If not Pepsi, kids will get that sugar from cookies, other candies and other carbs they overconsume with or without parental supervision.

And again, please suggest something you believe Michael could endorse as an alternative? The way I feel, if any of us are looking for him to get with a company with zero baggage, he'll never endorse anything. :lol: And that wouldn't be good for him business-wise. A company trying to balance itself morally, "Life Water", can't be a bad compromise, imo. Perhaps Pepsi is trying to turn things around to get off the WHO list. We should wait and see. :flowers:

To be honest, I'm happy that Pepsi is willing to do business with Michael again. I think it speaks volumes, despite whatever happened in the past. A major company like Pepsi is big for someone who came out of what he went thru. BIG. So many said this would never happen again and I'm sure lots of people, not concerned about sugar, are upset becuz they know what it signifies. They know how important it is and I wouldn't be surprised if those who are unhappy are trying to find a way to block it...pulling any and everything out the hat they can think of.

Kids look up to many celebrities that have Pepsi as a sponsor. I would hope since no fuss was kicked up over those celebrities' involvement, none would be kicked up over MJ. I feel if ppl are going to hold celebrities morally accountable for every little thing, do it for everyone. I would hope Michael isnt singled out. I thought no one wanted him to have anything to do with the world's children anymore anyway. :rolleyes: I remember so many people suggesting that maybe he was too concerned about the world's children and should leave it to their parents to be role models and look out for them, yada yada. It wasn't his place?? He was even condemned for trying to conceal perfectly legal adult behavior in his effort to be a role model for kids. Seems to me like he just can not win. We want him to be responsible, but only on certain terms, or not at all. Where's his free will?

I understand what you are saying...and if it was another artist like britany I wold never been thinking of it. but bacase it is MJ that seem to be very carring about the world. (at least from the outside) im a bit shocked that he want to cooporate and be assosiated white pepsi.
And yes its good that pepsi wants him. there is nothing more I want than MJ to comeback. but it wold be cool if Mj said NO,,,,I dont want to be a part of that industry. If he had balls to do that the world wold see that this man is reall about the things he sings and talks about.

Do we want pepsi to be mj´s sponsor?

I don´t want that at all. I don´t want MJ to be assosiated withe the sugar industy that makes big helth issues all around the world. MJ is a man that really cares for the world. and it will be very dubbel moral if he is a part of thies ver bad industri.
I can undertand that he did it back in 1992 but now there are more focus on this problem and the world is more awar of the global problem this industri makes.

I think it is imortant that mj get to know what some of us are felling about this.

I'm diabetic, a can of regular soda is pretty much a death wish for me, but I think think it would be cool to see MJ work with them again. :) And even though Pepsi isn't healthy or whatever, there is Diet Pepsi too.

I understand what you are saying...and if it was another artist like britany I wold never been thinking of it. but bacase it is MJ that seem to be very carring about the world. (at least from the outside) im a bit shocked that he want to cooporate and be assosiated white pepsi.
And yes its good that pepsi wants him. there is nothing more I want than MJ to comeback. but it wold be cool if Mj said NO,,,,I dont want to be a part of that industry. If he had balls to do that the world wold see that this man is reall about the things he sings and talks about.

I agree! And i dont like the way that pepsi reacted in 1993. Michael should not get pepsi back.

I'm pretty sure Coke is much much much bigger than Pepsi is. I also think it's incredibly foolish to think that the companies are some sort of evil figure that cause all of the problems. I personally don't drink pop anymore. It's just empty calories and any carbonated beverage will damage your teeth. But that isn't their fault. It's the consumers choice to drink it. If they were cutting their margins to make it less expensive than water then yes, I could see a problem with that. But they aren't.

If you wanna make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and then make a change.

I'm pretty sure Coke is much much much bigger than Pepsi is. I also think it's incredibly foolish to think that the companies are some sort of evil figure that cause all of the problems. I personally don't drink pop anymore. It's just empty calories and any carbonated beverage will damage your teeth. But that isn't their fault. It's the consumers choice to drink it. If they were cutting their margins to make it less expensive than water then yes, I could see a problem with that. But they aren't.

If you wanna make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and then make a change.

well...it´s not that easy. ypu get very adiccted to coke. and I think Mj is the man who needs to look in the mirror, becase pepsi makes the wold a worst palce to be in. not a better

True, however did know that there are alot of addictive substances used in these drinks that makes the consumers come back for more? so its the companies fault, they want more money..

Wait a minute, where are you all getting the idea that MJ and Pepsi are back together again? Has there been any REAL confirmation from the Pepsi execs. about all this, or are you all using Diane Diamond's report as confirmation? :rolleyes:

well...it´s not that easy. ypu get very adiccted to coke. and I think Mj is the man who needs to look in the mirror, becase pepsi makes the wold a worst palce to be in. not a better

Pepsi also helped MJ in not only sponsoring his albums and tours, but also the Heal The World foundation and raising millions of dollars for charity. In fact didn't Michael agree to do the Dangerous tour only if Pepsi helped with the foundation? So no Pepsi does not make the world a worse place to be in.

P.S I think it's very ridiculous of you to accuse MJ of being a hypocrite and calling him names just because of some stupid rumour that he's back with Pepsi again. And so what if the rumour is true? So what if they want to do business again as long as it's for a good cause?

You're just being silly and making a fuss over nothing. -_-

Guys, I really don't think that MJ should be able to sing or make records because it's really unfair to the rest of the world that he's a better singer and promoter.

I personally love Pepsi, it's my favorite soda, and it's good to see that they're supporting Michael again. :punk:

Last edited:
It would probably be a good thing. Pepsi sponsored both his Bad and Dangerous world tours and having a sponser is always a positive thing. I just don't know if Pepsi will actually want to become involved with Michael again. He did a LOT for the company back in the 80s and early 90s, bringing their sales passed Coke's for the first time in history. Coke isn't a LOT bigger then Pepsi, actually. But with how quickly they dropped him after 93, it just doesn't seem all that likely to me that they'll actually sign a deal with him again. I remember Michael didn't want to be involved with them in the first place because he didn't drink soda and he felt it was wrong to advertise for them. But his father and brothers convinced him. I think after that, Michael was never actually seen in the ads holding a Pepsi or drinking from a can or bottle of Pepsi. He was just in the commercials with the Pepsi logo somewhere in the background, lol.

Last edited:
Wait a minute, where are you all getting the idea that MJ and Pepsi are back together again? Has there been any REAL confirmation from the Pepsi execs. about all this, or are you all using Diane Diamond's report as confirmation? :rolleyes:

LOL! You're right. I thought there had been official confirmation somewhere but I haven't found it, unless I missed it. :unsure: Until it's official, it's still speculation and rumors at this point.

Pepsi also helped MJ in not only sponsoring his albums and tours, but also the Heal The World foundation and raising millions of dollars for charity. In fact didn't Michael agree to do the Dangerous tour only if Pepsi helped with the foundation? So no Pepsi does not make the world a worse place to be in.

P.S I think it's very ridiculous of you to accuse MJ of being a hypocrite and calling him names just because of some stupid rumour that he's back with Pepsi again. And so what if the rumour is true? So what if they want to do business again as long as it's for a good cause?

You're just being silly and making a fuss over nothing. -_-

Good points.

It would probably be a good thing. Pepsi sponsored both his Bad and Dangerous world tours and having a sponser is always a positive thing. I just don't know if Pepsi will actually want to become involved with Michael again. He did a LOT for the company back in the 80s and early 90s, bringing their sales passed Coke's for the first time in history. Coke isn't a LOT bigger then Pepsi, actually. But with how quickly they dropped him after 93, it just doesn't seem all that likely to me that they'll actually sign a deal with him again. I remember Michael didn't want to be involved with them in the first place because he didn't drink soda and he felt it was wrong to advertise for them. But his father and brothers convinced him. I think after that, Michael was never actually seen in the ads holding a Pepsi or drinking from a can or bottle of Pepsi. He was just in the commercials with the Pepsi logo somewhere in the background, lol.

And that's really all he needed to do for the ads to be successful. Not every celebrity can get away with that. :lol:

Also, I want to stress that PepsiCo is about MORE than just soda. They have a host of products that we all enjoy that are GOOD and HEALTHY for us.

Take a look-see. :flowers:

http://www.pepsico.com/PEP_Company/BrandsCompanies/index.cfm

Last edited:
ive always hated all this pepsi and celebs crap. its really ..whats the word, cheap?
not michael, but the celebs 2day i mean..its gone 2 far
plus i like coca cola better.:D

Last edited:
Well I LOVE Pepsi. Hypocritical, right, considering I talk smack about them. But I've always prefered Pepsi over Coke, and I've drank it since I was little, unfortunately for me, lol.

^lol. I prefer coke coz its got more flavor and sweetness and vanilla coke! and plus its ZERO calories now ;)

Michael's Pepsi commercials were the best ones...so I don't know if it would be a bad idea.

Back