Positive websites and videos that celebrate MJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the arms of Michael Jackson

[YouTube]DPe_c5F-_Ng[/YouTube]

The video will show you that Michael was a loving man who cared about every single child in this world.
He was a supporter of general welfare and tolerance for people of all colours, races, characters regardless of social status. He was an active ambassador for children worldwide and their rights.

To get the full list of Michael's charitable activities, please visit "The Silenced Truth" site:
http://tinyurl.com/m8ygsm

"I want to tell the children of the world, you are all our children, each one of you is my child and I love you all."
- Michael Jackson

Music by Sarah Mclachlan - In The Arms Of The Angel
http://www.sarahmclachlan.com/

The video will show you that Michael was a loving man who cared about every single child in this world.
He was a supporter of general welfare and tolerance for people of all colours, races, characters regardless of social status. He was an active ambassador for children worldwide and their rights.

To get the full list of Michael's charitable activities, please visit "The Silenced Truth" site:

"I want to tell the children of the world, you are all our children, each one of you is my child and I love you all."
- Michael Jackson

Beautiful!!!! :wub:

- Michael Jackson

Oh my. :cry:

These wounds won't seem to heal, this pain is just too real. There's just too much that time cannot erase...

Now, I'm bound by the life you left behind...

:heart:​

Michael Jackson Eats Cake, Expresses Love For NASDAQ Execs At Market Opening
Singer receives poster of Shirley Temple for his birthday, takes pictures with NASDAQ staffers.

nasdaq09.jpg

nasdaq06.jpg

nasdaq13.jpg

Aug 30 2001 4:59 PM EDT

NEW YORK — Michael Jackson celebrated his 43rd birthday — one day late — by presiding over the NASDAQ market opening ceremony in Times Square on Thursday morning (August 30). The appearance was also meant to kick off the promotional campaign for his new single ("You Rock My World"), new album (Invincible) and upcoming Madison Square Garden concerts on September 7 and 10.

The underlying message — that pop music is big business — is no secret, though it's rare for pop stars to embrace the stock market this openly, Bowie bonds notwithstanding. It's even rarer still for Jackson to appear in public. His last (unannounced) appearance was onstage with Jay-Z in June, and prior to that, at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony in March.

Many fans from around the world planning to attend the "Michael Jackson: 30th Anniversary Celebration, The Solo Years" concerts flew into New York early to witness this appearance, some carrying banners about their respective countries, others wearing hand-painted T-shirts with slogans like, "Hug Me Michael." Some 500 fans crowded around the seven-story MarketSite building, which flashed pictures of Jackson on its nine plasma screens, which framed the broadcast studio facing the street, as well as on the MarketSite Tower's video wall.

A few minutes before the market's 9:30 a.m. opening, Jackson walked in as cheering fans crowded around the glass walls and windows of the lower level for a better look. Wearing a black suit, blue armband and striped dark shirt, Jackson waved and blew kisses to the fans outside as he was introduced to NASDAQ's executive vice president, David Weild, and NASDAQ CEO Wick Simmons, who presented him with a glass trophy.

"It's like floating in the air," Jackson said of an object encased in the trophy.

"Well, you're floating," Simmons told him, "right now, out there, in Times Square, on the big billboard that's up out there. You are floating so that everyone can see you."

"This is Times Square?" Jackson asked. "Oh ..."

"This is the new Times Square," Simmons said.

Simmons then explained to Jackson how and when to push the button that would light up the NASDAQ screens, the symbolic opening of the share-trading exchange. They counted down and at precisely 9:30 a.m., Jackson pushed the button to open the market. NASDAQ officials then presented Jackson with a 1934 Shirley Temple poster, while staffers rolled out a vanilla birthday cake lined with strawberries and sang "Happy Birthday."

"I love it, oh my god," Jackson said when handed the poster. Jackson blew out the candles, then added, "I'm deeply moved by this very special moment for me. Thank you, David, Wick and NASDAQ. Thank you so much. I love you and all the fans. Thank you."

Jackson attempted to leave, but NASDAQ staffers re-directed him back into the broadcast studio, where he got a brief tour as he fiddled with sunglasses in his pocket. He then got a piece of the birthday cake, which he took one bite of as staffers asked him questions and posed for pictures with him, including one woman with a baby. Though it's not clear if he remained in the building or immediately left, his official visit — as far as what could be viewed by the public — lasted about 10 minutes. A few minutes after he disappeared from view, fans outside the building chased after a black Ford Expedition, which had someone in the back seat covered up by a blanket. Whether it was Jackson or not was not known.

Jackson is the first pop music figure of note to officiate NASDAQ's opening, according to the exchange's spokesperson. NASDAQ makes a practice of inviting celebrities to preside over the market's opening, from heads of state to star athletes, but prior to Jackson, the biggest name from music to do so was Crystal Bernard, who did so on July 5. Jackson was picked, Weild said in a statement, because of his "extraordinary vision and commitment to excellence in the entertainment industry."

Source story:
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1448549/20010830/jackson_michael.jhtml

Source pictures:
http://kingofpopjackson.tripod.com/galaug30.htm

August 2001 Michael Opens NASDAQ

At first he's explained how it all works by officials, fans are yelling, people are clapping and then ( oh I just love him so much!) his own music is playing louder and at 2:25 he starts bobbing his head and grooving to his own song. Later he received a poster of Shirley Temple for his birthday and he speaks words of thanks.... :heart:

[YouTube]7cy5j5LWjmQ[/YouTube]

August 2001 Michael Opens NASDAQ

At first he's explained how it all works by officials, fans are yelling, people are clapping and then ( oh I just love him so much!) his own music is playing louder and at 2:25 he starts bobbing his head and grooving to his own song. Later he received a poster of Shirley Temple for his birthday and he speaks words of thanks.... :heart:

[YouTube]7cy5j5LWjmQ[/YouTube]
:wub:

These wounds won't seem to heal, this pain is just too real. There's just too much that time cannot erase...

Now, I'm bound by the life you left behind...

:heart:​

:cry: :cry: Court.ney.x - thanks for posting this video. I love this song!!

Enter the Magic of Michael Jackson

This video is like a mini-movie, dramatized by the music and what touched me the most is how Michael cups his hands around someone's face or in their hair, so comforting and protective, like the loving father he always was, so much love to give! I'm in awe and inspired to spread the love as well.
Bless all of you!
Hugs and Love!

[YouTube]fvVMMj6k1Po[/YouTube]

Mind is the Magic ( Unreleased remastered song) - Michael Jackson

[YouTube]p0tq_DcSKYA[/YouTube]

According to the maker of the video "Michael Jackson recorded this in 1988 as a "Bad" and later as a "Dangerous album" session. Not making either selection, he gave it to Siegfried and Roy as a gift on their efforts of promoting the "Bad Tour"."

10 Laws of the Boogie

1.You shall have no other pop Gods or Kings before MJ.
2.You shall strive to make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth, you shall boogie and keep thy faith and strive to be all that you can be.
3.You shall blame it on the boogie, knowing you are a danc’in machine and scream thy name.
4.Observe the nine to five day, and then at night you shall enjoy yourself, groove as the MJ commands you.
5.Start with the man in the mirror, honor yourself, make your father proud and your mother smile, love everyone, so that your days may be long and that it may go well with you in the land that thy idol MJ is commanding thee to enjoy.
6.You shall obey the rule that nobody shall hurt anybody else.
7.You shall not stop until you get enough.
8.Nor shall you be a smooth criminal, nor a macho man, and when in doubt just beat it.
9.Neither shall you victimize or scheme, upon penalty of a scream. Be careful of what you do, ‘cause the lie becomes the truth. Before you judge, try hard to love.
10.Your girl is yours and my girl is mine. Neither shall you be a Billie Jean or cause a scene. Do as your mother says and be careful of who you love.

Source:
http://www.cultofmichaeljackson.org/

Michael Jackson talks about Life

[YouTube]7Sn4zs6-SMQ[/YouTube]

MJ getting a marriage proposal

This girl was so shy and yet so brave, asking MJ to marry her. It probably wasn't the first proposal he received, or the last, I reckon.
Watch what MJ says towards the end of video - he has a great sense of humor!
Enjoy!

[YouTube]ztmdXnVRgyg[/YouTube]

[size=-2]Hey Mike, Marry me, I'll make you happy![/size] :wink:

Michael Jackson and James Brown, Backstage at BET Awards

I love the videos where Michael gets to meet his idols....
"...Give me his number. I don't have his number!" he saying it/singing it.
Does anyone know when this was filmed ?

[YouTube]ELB0EjBCjv0[/YouTube]

@ MJJLaugh

When James Brown, "The Godfather of Soul" marched down the red carpet to the Kodak Theatre on June 23, surrounded by an army of security, family and friends like he owned California because he ruled the world, the people on the street sent their cheered. Known to be the hardest working man in show business, the legendary entertainer funk and disco, received the "Lifetime Achievement Award" at the 3rd annual BET Awards.
During the two-and-half-hour telecast, he delivered a powerful performance, and Michael Jackson, "The King of Pop," a surprise guest, stepped out and made an appearance, helping Brown to …

[YouTube]ELB0EjBCjv0[/YouTube]

awwww....omg, that's too cool!

Thriller Songfacts

This is a rare Pop song with a horror theme. Halloween novelty songs like "The Monster Mash" had been around for a while, but this was the first hit song with year-round appeal containing lyrics about creatures of the night who terrify their victim. At the time, Michael Jackson was one of the least frightening people on Earth, so the video had to sell it. John Landis, who worked on the 1981 movie An American Werewolf In London, was brought in to direct. Landis had Jackson turn into a Werewolf in the video.

Vincent Price, an actor known for his work on horror films, did the narration at the end, including the evil laugh. Price's rap includes the line "Must stand and face the hounds of hell." This was inspired by the most popular Sherlock Holmes novel to date, The Hound of the Baskervilles by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, in which Sir Henry Baskerville's family is supposedly cursed by a bloodthirsty, demonic hound. Price's personal friends, Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee (who appeared in several Hammer horror films with him), starred in a loose 1959 film adaptation of it. It was the first Sherlock Holmes film shot in color. (thanks, Brett - Edmonton, Canada)

The 14 minute video is one of the most popular ever. It started the trend of group dance scenes in pop videos, and was named the #1 video of all time in the VH1 100 Greatest Videos countdown.

Rod Temperton wrote this. Once a member of Disco group Heatwave, he also wrote Jackson's "Off The Wall" and "Rock With You."

"The Making of Michael Jackson's Thriller," a behind the scenes video, became the best selling music video at the time.

This won for Best Performance Video, Best Choreography, and Viewers Choice at the first MTV Video Music Awards in 1984. The show was hosted by Dan Aykroyd and Bette Midler.

Thriller was the biggest-selling album ever until it was surpassed by The Eagles Their Greatest Hits 1971-1975. Both albums have sold over 26 million copies.

This was the last of 7 US Top 10 hits from the album.

Jackson, a Jehova's Witness, insisted on a disclaimer at the beginning of the video reading: "Due to my strong personal convictions, I wish to stress that this film in no way endorses a belief in the occult."

The UPC code on the album cover contained 7 digits that were rumored to be Jackson's telephone number. People with that number in many different area codes got swamped with annoying calls.

Because of a disagreement over royalties, Vincent Price's rap was not included in the 7" single version of the recording. (thanks, Brad Wind - Miami, FL)

Vincent Price, while a guest on the Johnny Carson's Tonight Show, laughingly stated that when he did the narration for "Thriller" (at the request of Michael Jackson who was a big fan of Price) he had a choice between taking a percentage of the album sales or $20,000. Price was well along in his career, so he took the $20,000. He was good-natured about it when Carson told him he could have made millions off of the royalties due to the vast number of copies sold even at that time. Price laughed heartily and said: "How well I know!" (thanks, Jonnie - St. Louis, MO)

In 2008, this was used in a commercial for Sobe beverages that premiered on the Super Bowl. It showed their lizard mascots dancing to the song with model Naomi Campbell. It wasn't the first time Campbell danced on film to a Michael Jackson song: she appeared in his video for "In The Closet."

In 2008 Thriller 25, a special 25th anniversary edition of Thriller, was released. The re-recorded album debuted at #2 on the Top Comprehensive Albums chart, where catalog titles mix with current best-sellers. This made it the highest-charting catalog album in the history of the Top Comprehensive Albums survey. Despite selling 166,000 copies in its debut week, it was not eligible for the main album chart as Billboard considered it to be a catalog or oldies album, and Billboard publishes a special chart just for catalog albums.

Price recorded the central spoken section in this sing on his second take, after it had been written by Rod Temperton in the taxi on the way to the studio for the recording session.

Originally this song was going to be called "Starlight Love" and on some demos its titled "Starlight Sun."

In the UK this has become something of a chart perennial, regularly charting each year in time for Halloween.

Rod Temperton recalled that when he wrote this song he envisaged "this talking section at the end and didn't know really what we were going to do with it. But one thing I 'd thought about was to have a famous voice in the horror genre to do the vocal. Quincy (Jones, producer)'s wife knew Vincent Price, so Quincy said to me, 'How about if we got Vincent Price?'" (Source Q magazine August 2009).

In the week of Jackson's death, sales of his records soared. In the US, this song was the late singer's best-selling track at 167,000 copies, while the top-selling album was Number Ones at 108,000.

In an interview from the 1980s, published by the News of The World, Jackson revealed that he was considering scrapping the Thriller album before being inspired by watching children play to salvage it. He said: "Thriller sounded so crap. The mixes sucked. When we listened to the whole album, there were tears... I just cried like a baby. I stormed out of the room and said, 'We're not releasing this'." Jackson added: "One of the maintenance crew in the studio had a bicycle and so I took it and rode up to the schoolyard. I just watched the children play. When I came back I was ready to rule the world. I went into the studio and I turned them songs out."

[YouTube]YNUDEmV-j-g[/YouTube]

The Last Tear (Written by Michael Jackson0

[YouTube]AaG2hOBQN6g[/YouTube]

Your words stabbed my heart, and I cried tears of pain. "Get out!" I shouted. "These are the last tears I'll ever cry for you." So you left.
I waited hours, but you didn't return. That night by myself I cried tears of frustration.
I waited weeks, but you had nothing to say. Thinking of your voice, I cried tears of loneliness.
I waited months, but you left no sign for me. In the depths of my heart, I cried tears of despair.

How strange that all these tears could not wash away the hurt! Then one thought of love pierced my bitterness. I remembered you in the sunlight, with a smile as sweet as May wine. A tear of gratitude started to fall, and miraculously, you were back. Soft fingers touched my cheek, and bent over for a kiss.
"Why have you come?" I whispered.
"To wipe away your last tear," you replied. "It was the one you saved for me."

from the book
**DANCING THE DREAM by Michael Jackson**
(published 1992)
song: I Cried for you (Katie Melua)

The Last Tear (Written by Michael Jackson0

[YouTube]AaG2hOBQN6g[/YouTube]

Your words stabbed my heart, and I cried tears of pain. "Get out!" I shouted. "These are the last tears I'll ever cry for you." So you left.
I waited hours, but you didn't return. That night by myself I cried tears of frustration.
I waited weeks, but you had nothing to say. Thinking of your voice, I cried tears of loneliness.
I waited months, but you left no sign for me. In the depths of my heart, I cried tears of despair.

How strange that all these tears could not wash away the hurt! Then one thought of love pierced my bitterness. I remembered you in the sunlight, with a smile as sweet as May wine. A tear of gratitude started to fall, and miraculously, you were back. Soft fingers touched my cheek, and bent over for a kiss.
"Why have you come?" I whispered.
"To wipe away your last tear," you replied. "It was the one you saved for me."

from the book
**DANCING THE DREAM by Michael Jackson**
(published 1992)
song: I Cried for you (Katie Melua)
:wub:

But it is so sad. :(

1. Artists influenced and inspired by Jackson

Britney-Spears_Boys.jpg

Chris_Brown_singing_at_Brisbane_Entertainment_Centre_2.jpg

Janet_Jackson.jpg

Jtstpaul.jpg

Snoop_Dogg_Hawaii.jpg

Artist Country Comments on Jackson
A. R. Rahman India "Yes, I have been inspired by Michael Jackson, though probably not in character. My voice and Michael Jackson's have the same range, since we both have a high pitch, so it probably creates an impression that it is similar."

Beanie Sigel U.S. "I don't give a fuck how tough you are, you wanted a [Michael Jackson] glove. If you were anywhere between the ages of 25 and 40, when Michael was out there doing his thing with 'Billie Jean' and 'Beat It', you wanted the glove. And you had the [leather] jacket and you had the button and you had that poster too — the one when Michael had that yellow V-neck sweater on."

Beyoncé Knowles U.S. "If it wasn’t for Michael Jackson I would never have ever performed."

Britney Spears U.S. "This is someone who has inspired me and just about everybody in this room, and the world. I consider him the artist of the millennium. He is a true innovator, who pioneered the art of music video, broke down countless barriers, and sold more records than any other artists along the way."

Chris Brown U.S. "There isn't an artist out now that hasn't been influenced or inspired by Michael Jackson. When I was 2 years old in diapers, I sang and danced to Michael Jackson. Michael Jackson is as close to perfection as an artist can be."

Ciara U.S. "The biggest influence for me is Michael Jackson, and then there is Prince and Janet Jackson. I'm an old soul. I love older material."

Dan the Automator U.S. "I was much more inspired by Michael Jackson than Beethoven."

Dryden Mitchell U.S. "My first concert was Michael Jackson at Dodger Stadium when I was like 10 years old. I was a huge fanatic, and I never stopped being a fan."

Fefe Dobson Canada "Dude, I thought I was Michael Jackson, OK? I was wearing that white wife-beater and the glove. I swore I was Michael Jackson. Then I found out I wasn't Michael Jackson and it broke my heart."

Ginuwine U.S. "If it weren't for Michael Jackson, a lot of us wouldn't be here."

Janet Jackson U.S "When Thriller came, I was so envious. It was so incredible. I was so happy for him but it was like, 'Why can't that be me? That's what I want to do.' That's what inspired me to do Control."

John Legend U.S. "He's still a genius and he's still made some of the most important music of the last 30 years. And I still have the utmost respect for him as an artist."

Juggy D U.K. "MJ as an inspiration reflects in me when I'm performing. I'm an entertainer and I get the crowd going."

Justin Timberlake U.S. "Just like Michael took inspiration from James [Brown], sure, Michael's inspired me immensely to do what I do. Anytime someone comes out and dances and does something with choreography, they say, 'Well, that's inspired by Michael.' So, thank you. That's a compliment."

Kelis U.S. "He's influenced all of us in some way. We all at some point were in the mirror trying to be him."

Lil' Romeo U.S. "I'm influenced by my dad's music and Michael Jackson."

Marques Houston U.S. "Everyone knows that my greatest influence has been Michael Jackson, basically because of his musical genius and abilities. In terms of skills as an artiste, I would like to be on par with him."

Ne-Yo U.S "Michael Jackson is one of the reasons why I sing. When we met he was really cool people. He was really regular people. Everyone expects Michael Jackson to be this weird guy and he's not. He had a regular suit on. There was nothing weird about him."

Omarion U.S. "He was my main influence. I think Michael Jackson started a lot of things in this industry. He's a great entertainer, and that's what I always wanted to do."

Pharrell Williams U.S. "I met Michael at his video shoot in California. I told him from the age of 6 I would burn holes in my socks moon walking in the bathroom."

R. Kelly U.S "I was psyched ... I feel I could have done his whole album. Not being selfish. I was just that geeked about it. It was an experience out of this world ... It's amazing to know that five years ago I was writing songs in a basement in the ghetto and now I'm writing for Michael Jackson ... I'd be a fool not to say it's a dream come true."

Sean Combs U.S "Michael Jackson has been a positive influence in my life."

Snoop Dogg U.S "That's the king right there. Michael Jackson has always been an inspiration to me as far as his music is concerned. You can't take nothing from him."

Usher U.S "Mike is the truth and you can never deny the truth. That great choreography and great energy that Michael puts behind it, [entertainers] try to re-create that feeling. I try to take different kinds of dance and apply it in the same way Michael did in 'Thriller,' 'Beat It' and 'Off the Wall'."

Source: http://wapedia.mobi/en/List_of_artists_influenced_and_inspired_by_Michael_Jackson

Michael Jackson and Michael Jordan hanging out together MJ and MJ

Michael Jordan and Michael Jackson hanging out back in 1992. This was broadcast during the 1992 NBA Finals which featured the Chicago Bulls vs Portland Trailblazers (game 4). Here is a rare look at Michael Jackson hitting a bank shot with no editing magic and Michael Jordan working on his dance moves, which he really didn't want to do. Enjoy!

The making of Jam behind the scenes starts at 0:49

[YouTube]5_cZ3vMqZxs[/YouTube]

I would like to mention an amazing site that focuses on Michael's spirituality and inner messages. Sorry if it's been posted before, I haven't had the time to check the entire thread.
www.innermichael.com

Rev.Barbara Kaufmann who is running this site is an enlightened soul, capturing the readers with her profound analysis on Michael's purpose and messages. To me, this uplifting blog is the epitome of celebration of Michael's life.

I would like to mention an amazing site that focuses on Michael's spirituality and inner messages. Sorry if it's been posted before, I haven't had the time to check the entire thread.
www.innermichael.com

Rev.Barbara Kaufmann who is running this site is an enlightened soul, capturing the readers with her profound analysis on Michael's purpose and messages. To me, this uplifting blog is the epitome of celebration of Michael's life.

Thank you Maria MJ for mentioning this special site. It's really worth reading, the things she posts. It was mentioned before but it can't hurt to mention it again, so others can find joy, comfort and recognition in the blogs she posts.

Michael Jackson - The Messenger of Love and Peace

Featuring Michael Jackson's speech "Without Hope,We Are Lost"--in June 2002 at Exeter Football Stadium in England/UK & "We Are The World(solo demo version sang by Michael)" with full text and lyrics(English)+Japanese sub.Michael Jackson devoted his entire life to the music and at the same time he devoted all of his best loving to the people in need.Never stopped loving,never stopped giving,never stopped saying "We are the world",so let's "Heal the world"

[YouTube]PlidCeH3j-w[/YouTube]

Michael Jackson's having fun and being adorable

What more is there to say ? I just love it when I find a video with images and film of Michael I haven't seen before. I hope you do too! :heart:

[YouTube]VM9C9XSYt6k[/YouTube]

^^ This video contains content from Sony Music Entertainment and Mad Vision (Soul Train). It's in your country no longer available.

But I saw it last week (another upload) *g*

I would like to use this opportunity to thank you once again, MJJLaugh :give_flowers:
Much :heart: to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back