Mr Goodnight

2010s:
Sticky Like Glue
Menstrual Cycle
Art Offical Cage
X's Face
Revelation

^^

Blue Criminal, if you want to get just one album that I feel strongly represents his strongest post-80s work, I would highly recommend Rave Un2 The Joy Fantastic.
X2 Love this album. Rave is one of my favourite songs too.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

^^

Blue Criminal, if you want to get just one album that I feel strongly represents his strongest post-80s work, I would highly recommend Rave Un2 The Joy Fantastic.

Will try that too. Thanks. Atm, I've his song '7' on repeat. What a track!

Seen one article about the unfiling of the court docs that showed all the p.killers that were found all over his house etc. Its funny how the media pick and chose and in mjs case blatently lie to make his killing look like princes death yet seen to have no intrest in reporting on an actual real case of p. killer addiction.

Klien had nothing to do with mjs death. What he did to mj in the 90's etc giving him for eg p.killers within 2 mins of him getting out of rehab has no connection to what murray did so implying he was similar to the guy who worked for prince is doing nothing but pushing the myth that murray and his try hard witnesses did that mj was killed because it was the same situation as prince when the facts/evidence show nothing of the sort

On the music....new 6 track EP on way. The snippet of title track DELIVERANCE sounds amazing.

http://www.nme.com/news/music/surprise-new-prince-ep-featuring-unreleased-recordings-2054927

The EP's title track, 'Deliverance', is available now for listeners in the US.

A surprise new Prince EP will be released this Friday (April 21) to mark the one-year anniversary of his death.

The six-song EP features “new, undiscovered studio recordings” that Prince cut between 2006 and 2008, a press release says. The EP is called ‘Deliverance’ and its title track is available now on Apple Music and iTunes. According to Prince’s website, however, it is currently only available in the US because of licensing laws.

The EP also features a four-movement medley called ‘Man Opera’ which contains the songs ‘I Am’, ‘Touch Me’, ‘Sunrise Sunset’ and ‘No One Else’. It is rounded off by an extended version of ‘I Am’.

image: http://video.unrulymedia.com/native...28x128x3s.gif?d=1492631157353991333.264754288

–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

image: http://video.unrulymedia.com/native/opt-out-icon2.png

image: http://video.unrulymedia.com/native/in-art-soundanimation-icon-41x48.gif

Prince co-wrote and co-produced the EP’s songs with Ian Boxill, who completed the tracks following his death last year. Boxill said in a press release: “I believe ‘Deliverance’ is a timely release with everything going on in the world today, and in light of the one-year anniversary of his passing. I hope when people hear Prince singing these songs it will bring comfort to many.”

Boxill also explained why the EP is being released independently, saying: “Prince once told me that he would go to bed every night thinking of ways to bypass major labels and get his music directly to the public. When considering how to release this important work, we decided to go independent because that’s what Prince would have wanted.”

Following its digital release on April 2, ‘Deliverance’ will get a physical release on June 2.

Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/music/surpr...leased-recordings-2054927#j0ymZ6B8y7tY5HhK.99

Yes the media are pouring scorn all over Prince and calling him names like J***ie and the rest, as it seems he was using opoid painkillers and was known to be going through on and off withdrawals. Plus we have the dodgy doctors like Kornberg and Schulenberg. It seems Kornberg was assessing Prince's suitability for drug rehab and Schulenberg was issuing Hydrochloride and Fetanyl to the aliases Kirk Johnson (His bodyguard) and Peter Bravestrong, a toruing alias Prince used.
Does this shit not all sound familiar? It is Michael Jackson all over again, we have a dependency on painkillers, death by a lethal dose (Michael - Percodan, Prince Fetanyl), dodgy doctors and mules (Klein, Kornberg, Murray, Schulenberg) and of course live on site drug mules passing the drugs to the popstar. Kornberg claimed to be assesing Prince, but 3 types of illegal narcotics were found in his backpack to be given to Prince, no doubt for a huge sum of $$$$. Schulenberg was selling and prescribing more narcotics to Kirk Johnson for Prince's use. This is drug abuse and again another case of a holier than thou person claiming their fleece was whiter than snow, when its not.
The search warrants released show how Prince's computer was seized and Apple and Google were forced to release data and several emails under assumed names and accounts sent by Prince to Judith Hill,, his girlfriend, Julia Ramadan his ex manager and Johnson/Schulenberg and Kornberg. They also got AT and T to release phone details, even though Prince did not have a mobile. Bascially it got dirty and proof of death by a lethal dose of Fetanyl was proved.

A sad realisation for me, the fact he was using drugs was right and true and makes me a bit angry as he lied to us about being pure and clean.

His Estate is already yanking it down. Released without permission.

Man, his affairs are such a damn mess. For someone who made such a song and dance about the wealth of unreleased material he had (which he knew would come out posthumously), it's so unusual that he didn't bother with a will.

I don't pay too much attention but does he actually have a proper, solid estate in place now who are calling the shots? (like MJ, David Bowie etc do).

Last edited:
So is the six track EP coming out or not? I hope it does but I could do with some new Prince music.

Btw, Prince's estate seem to be worse than Michael's.

bgz;1933593 said:
Interesting request because I am and have been a huge Prince fan since his beginnings. Just briefly going back over his repertoire, "soul" doesn't immediately come to mind, can't find a song that I would immediately think "soulful". He has a vast catalogue of songs/albums, but funk comes to mind far more often than "soul" music.

I'd be interested to hear examples about Prince's "soul" music pieces from others as well.

A real negative is not being able to find the majority of Prince's music videos and music in general online since he essentially has had them removed from almost all sites.

As for being a musical enemy, naw. Michael and Prince are/have been musical icons in their own rights, just depends upon what "sound" one enjoys more. They're both at the top of my list of favorites, but for different reasons soundwise. Not going to let anyone tell me which person I can enjoy more on varying levels; hopefully people have learned to enjoy and respect multiple artists for their unique sound/qualities. jmo

Thank you, for this great comment, BGZ. It really and truly is one of the very few I’ve read, that are as fair-minded to both Michael AND Prince as they are.

Usually, we read posters’ comments that show an extremely strong personal preference (or bias, if you will) in favor of one and against the other — vice-versa either way, as that doesn’t even matter — as if there were a kind of actual “rivalry” going on between the fans of each artist, as well as the artists, themselves. This is not a sports competition or football* game (*meaning: “N.F.L. ‘football’ in the United States, along with ‘soccer’ in the rest of the world”), here. These two gentlemen were each well-known for their unique musical talents and abilities that they had in their own right; They should be remembered as equals, in regards to one another.

They may have had different strengths and lesser-known areas of such abilities that they each made up and compensated for, in each other — though I wouldn’t call these lesser-known aspects “weaknesses,” necessarily, because there was absolutely NOTHING “weak” in any way about either Prince’s dancing, Michael’s songwriting or other aspects of their careers for which they never received proper credit from the media and the public (like Prince’s overall singing abilities, and Michael’s as he grew up out of his “cute and adorable” stage of childhood and into his teenage and adult years) — but, they were equal in their extremely high level and degree of skills as individual performers, though completely 180-degrees different in their public images and personæ. You do point out some things that were and are equal, and you seem rather fair-minded towards both of them, in my view:

bgz;1933593 said:
“As for being a musical enemy, naw. Michael and Prince are/have been musical icons in their own rights, just depends upon what "sound" one enjoys more. They're both at the top of my list of favorites, but for different reasons soundwise. Not going to let anyone tell me which person I can enjoy more on varying levels; hopefully people have learned to enjoy and respect multiple artists for their unique sound/qualities.”

Thank you, again, for being fair to both men as the equally talented people they should be remembered as, because they actually were that way, and there shouldn’t be any of their fans’ (including US) pitting them against each other, as to whom or which one was considered as having been the “best” between the two of them.

Anyone seen the Purple Rain deluxe tracklist? Disc 3 looks interesting.

ZX4MvuNl.jpg

Hmmm....pretty sure tracks 6 and 7 are Celine Dion covers.

From the Prince.org seems to be this leak. This is not 100% carved in stone, but they seem confident.

Prince and the Revolution - Purple Rain Deluxe
Disc 1 -Original Album remastered

1.Lets Go Crazy
2.Take me with U
3.The Beautiful Ones
4.Computer Blue
5.Darling nikki
6.When Doves Cry
7.I would die 4 U
8.Baby I'm a star
9.Purple Rain

Disc 2 - 7 inch single versions and 12 inch ones

1. When Doves Cry 7 inch edit 3.49
2. 17 Days 7 inch edit 3.58
3. Lets Go Crazy 7 inch edit 3.57
4. Erotic City 7 inch edit 3.57
5. Purple Rain 7 Inch edit 4.08
6. God 7 inch mix - all 6 of these songs are under 4 minutes each and different from Album versions. 4.04
7. God (Love Theme from Purple Rain) UK Bside 12 inch mix 7.59
8. Another Lonely Christmas 7 inch edit 4.56
9. I would die 4 U 7 inch edit 2.59
10. Baby I'm a star 7 inch edit 2.52
11. Take me with u 7 inch edit 3.43
12. Lets Go Crazy 12 inch extended dance mix (As you see on the movie) 7.36
13. Erotic City (Make love not war, erotic city come alive 7.23)
14. Another Lonely Christmas extended version 6.52
15. I would die 4 U - original extended tour rehearsal version 10.20

This disc is least appreciated as most of the 7 inches appeared on last year's 4ever and the extendeds from Ultimate Prince 2006.
The songs come from 1/2 - Original 7 inch single of When Doves Cry released May 1984,
Tracks 3/4 Original 7 inch single of Let's Go Crazy released July 1984
Tracks 5/6 from original 7 inch single of Purple Rain released late August 1984. Track 7 from 12 inch single of Purple Rain rel Aug 1984.
Tracks 8/9 from original 7 inch single of I would Die 4 U, released November 1984.
Track 10/11 from Take me with u 7 inch single released February 1985, Baby I'm a star was a Bside.
Tracks 12/13 from 12 inch single of Lets Go Crazy released July 1984
Track 14/15 from original 12 inch single of I would die 4 U, released Nov 1984.

Disc 3 - Outakes From the vault

1. The Dance Electric 11.29 - Prince version of a song given to Andre Cymone in 1985
2. Love and Sex 5.00 - Previously unreleased
3. Computer Blue (Hallway speech mix) 12.12 - This was the extended version of Computer Blue with Wendy and Lisa talking in middle
4. Velvet Kitty Kat 2.42 - Unreleased out take from 1981 as Mink Kitty Kat for Vanity6, this version is from 1983 and has Morris Day Vocals, apparently a groove with filthy lyrics.
5. Katrina's Paper Dolls 3.30 - Another Mysterious song I know little about. It is not on any of my bootlegs.
6. We Can F**k 10.17 - Unreleased 1st version of We can funk, this is quite long and funked out and has controversial lyrics and subject matter.
7. Electric Intercourse 4.57 - Legendary track played in the August 1983 concert, this is a studio version, a great sexualised ballad and one of his finest ever songs.
8. Our Destiny/Road House Garden 6.25 - More very highly regarded music in the vein of Around the world in a day - great stuff.
9. Possessed 7.56 - another great song with some very explicit lyrics and a funky beat.
10. Wonderful Ass 6.24 - Another unreleased gem with upbeat dancey feel and some lyrics that would make Michael Jackson blush.
11. Fathers Song 5.30 - The Piano track you hear in the movie, a nice piano feel with some lovely chords.

Overall, this is the disc most will be wanting. Most of these songs have circulated as bootlegs for years and at least 4 of them are in the top level of all Prince songs (Electric Intercourse, Possessed, Wonderful Ass, Our Destiny/Road House Garden) and the extended Computer blue is also a favourite. This version eliminates the last 3 minutes of guitar feedback.
Part of the reason, the songs on Disc 3 have never seen the light of day, is that all contain very graphic lyrics and sexually charged themes (with the exception of Fathers Song). At the time Prince was trying to cross over to a huge audience and wanted to tone down the extreme sex of the Dirty Mind/1999 era (1980 - 1983). Despite this, Purple Rain was a huge success, but became known for its raunchy sex scenes and songs like Darling Nikki were offensive enough to get Tipper Gore's knickers in a twist. Also it got the attention of Michael Jackson who liked the music but found the movie degraded women and Prince was a rather nasty and self obsessed person.

There is criticism that there was no release of the Protege songs including Jungle Love and The Bird by the Time, Sex Shooter by Apollonia 6 and the legendary Modernaire by the Modernaires a group set up by Prince's ex guitarist Dez Dickerson. All of these songs except Modernaire were written by Prince.

There is a rumour 2 concerts are also to be released, one being the March 1985 Syracuse concert originally released as "Prince and the Revolution Live" on VHS/Beta Cassette in 1985. The other show is reputed to be the August 3rd 1983 First Avenue concert in which most of the songs were played for the first time and Purple Rain/Baby I'm a Star/Lets Go Crazy and I would die 4 U were placed on the Purple Rain album. (All the performances in Purple Rain, the movie are lypsynched). This show also had A case of you and Electric Intercourse on it along with several 1999 songs like Automatic and Delirious.

Last edited:
I heard it's only the Syracuse show getting released on DVD. Sigh... I really want the first avenue show in HQ

Themidwestcowboy;4193075 said:
I heard it's only the Syracuse show getting released on DVD. Sigh... I really want the first avenue show in HQ
Yeah, Syracuse is cool and all, and can use an audio upgrade, but it is a bit disappointing - especially because they promised 2 shows. And having the '83 FA show as part of this set would make perfect sense...

However, there's hope. Check this:
Sifi said:
Hi there, I am getting strong signals that Warner is definitely listening to the comments posted here and elsewhere online. They ARE 100% aware of the expectations based on previous statements. I am convinced they are working hard getting the First Avenue 1983 show up to standards for release.

Unfortunately, it won’t be in time for the announced June 23rd release, but that was the original plan.
It's not someone’s deliberate choice or fault, it's just a matter of how things are, production-wise.

I am confident to say though, that our patience will be rewarded BIG TIME, based on a sample of Let’s Go Crazy, I cranked up the volume and was amazed!

Check the snippet:
https://wetransfer.com/downloads/b19640321292a151f10cc236684c9ca120170429065651/2226dc

A major improvement over the source that's circulated for years, the audio is pretty much perfect. Hope the post is accurate!

Last edited:
Yeah, Syracuse is cool and all, and can use an audio upgrade, but it is a bit disappointing - especially because they promised 2 shows. And having the '83 FA show as part of this set would make perfect sense...

However, there's hope. Check this:

Check the snippet:
https://wetransfer.com/downloads/b19640321292a151f10cc236684c9ca120170429065651/2226dc

A major improvement over the source that's circulated for years, the audio is pretty much perfect. Hope the post is accurate!

Nooo I missed it! It's deleted now. Can you share/send that sample to me please?

Aw yeah, the 1st avenue show in high quality would be a dream come true. I really hope they come through with it

There are some decent boots of it circulating "Beginnings of Rain", but even these are still a bit grainy.
However from the 1999 tour onwards Prince would tape all his shows and rewatch them on his tour bus, so he could make improvements and cut out scenes that were not working and extend ones that were. Some of these tapes must have been good quality.

However the show in question was a "Rehearsal" as Prince put it, and it was Wendy's first show as a member of the Revolution, so Prince was probably a bit looser with quality control and thus may not have bothered with a personal taping of the show.

Electric Intercourse is now on Spotify.

To me it is a very similar song to the Beautiful Ones (although the Beautiful Ones is superior IMO) and International Lover in style. Prince had a number of songs with that very similar song structure and "vocal strategy". What I mean by the latter is start out with a measured falsetto then by the end of the song all those falsetto runs and screams become louder and louder. He sang a lot of songs in that same style - especially at the time. And they are thematically very similar as well (heated "sex songs").

If this was an outtake from Purple Rain, I can see why. I mean it's enough to have one on of these very similar songs on an album and the Beautiful One is superior.

I agree. Even the drum pattern is very similar to Beautiful Ones. I do think that this version is not the best version of the song. The performance of the song from the 1st avenue show is a lot better imo.

Edit: Just saw it on instagram, the quality looks great!
Cool! Yeah, it's probably the maximum we can expect in terms of video quality for this show, and the audio is excellent. Get it out WB!

There are some decent boots of it circulating "Beginnings of Rain", but even these are still a bit grainy.
However from the 1999 tour onwards Prince would tape all his shows and rewatch them on his tour bus, so he could make improvements and cut out scenes that were not working and extend ones that were. Some of these tapes must have been good quality.
Yeah, many of these will be static single-cam shots though (not that I would mind personally). Hopefully there will be a lot to look forward to. I'd love the '84 birthday show and really any Controversy and Dirty Mind tour show (one of those cases where there are some good audio and video boots, but no show that has both good video and audio). Of course plenty of shows from later years too.

I agree. Even the drum pattern is very similar to Beautiful Ones. I do think that this version is not the best version of the song. The performance of the song from the 1st avenue show is a lot better imo.
I agree, the live version is a lot better imo. Still not a favorite though, one of those cases where I can see why it did not make the cut.

Well it is one of my favourites, just watching my bootleg copy of the Beginnings of rain, and seeing Prince at the Piano playing Electric Intercourse and he lets forth this epic scream. I get goosebumps every time. Seeing a man of this calibre perform something so epic for the first time is a life changing experience and he was just on fire that night. To be in that audience......

What are your Top 10 Prince songs?

Mine.

1. If I Was Your Girlfriend
2. Controversy
3. Raspberry Beret
4. Sign 'O' The Times
5. Kiss
6. When Doves Cry
7. Erotic City
8. The Question of U
9. Under The Cherry Moon
10. Diamonds and Pearls