Randall Sullivan's book "Untouchable"

Re: Randall Sullivan's new book "Untouchable" Tabloid Mess [Threads merged]

This guy will doom his own book in no time. The book haven't even been out a week yet and already his contradicting himself or making up crap as he goes along.

Sullivan is trying to play to both sides (very clumsily): says that he does not believe the allegations to get fans buy his book, but when you read it, he gives credit to Ray Chandler's claims unchallenged and he makes innuendo in that direction. And if we can believe the comment I quoted above from Amazon yesterday he said that Jordan might have been MJ's lover...
His ideas are dangerous. They make it seem like Michael may have been too sexually stunted and warped to realize he was molesting kids, and that if he did it, it was "loving."

That's the worst thing - that he entirely builds his case on that idea. That he says maybe he didn't molest Jordan - but he makes it seem like there's no alternative. Michael is portrayed as so removed from reality, from sexuality, that he would have no idea otherwise. That's why he quotes Stacy Brown's book proposal for Jermaine, Corey Feldman's STD book, Terry George. He tries to make it seem convincing that Michael could be like that.

The only thing he doesn't believe is Gavin/Francia, but he does leave the story about Gavin drinking wine from cans alone and makes it seem that was a game Michael played with him, he doesn't challenge it with what the airline stewardesses said, when they shut that theory down. It came across to me like he didn't want the Jesus Juice in cans thing to go, that he enjoyed that idea too much to have it not be believable, I felt he was like that with the rest of his stories. He enjoyed the idea of too many to let them go and he liked the narrative he'd built up.

Like many people the noseless, raceless, sexless, fatherless Michael Jackson is too fascinating for them, they love talking about it. They can spend hours and hours theorizing about all of that and why he didn't have a gender or a race or hated black people and why he got white men to jerk off in cups for him so he could impregnate random women, and if hard facts are there to counter them, they ignore them because their own ideas about him have become too fixed and warped to ever go back to reality again.

The reality that so so so many people could just lie about him and make so much money off of it and that some of them could tell good lies or build on lies from other people to make it seem like a lot of people were saying the same thing, just doesn't seem believable to them. It makes Michael look too sympathetic.

Last edited:

I watched about 15 minutes of his interview to Huff post, then I had to stop, couldn't listen to any more of his crap.

I didn't know whether to be angry or laugh at his comment about when he was asked about MJ's nose.
He relies 1 photoshopped picture that is circulating in the internet and he says MJ allowed that photo being taken:hysterical:

Photoshop celebrated its 20th anniversary in 2010 and I bet photoshop has been used for MJ photos quite often to make headlines.

I'm surprised the media is supporting this guy. He has said he doesn't believe the allegations against Michael, which has always been a major stumbling block to people like Aphrodite Jones. From what I heard, she couldn't get any media time after she wrote a book saying that Michael was innocent. Why are they giving Sullivan all this press knowing that he claims to not believe Michael was guilty either?

Media is supporting his book because it is controversial and we are partly blamed for it. When we click those articles about the book or any article about MJ, we send a message that negative post about MJ is a hit, they happily provide us more crap to chew.
If you haven't noticed when there is a positive article about MJ, we accepted it as it is and it barely get any comments from fans, but when there is a negative article of MJ, that will get fans angry and we will post flood of comments below the article.
That is/was vicious cycle for Michael.

I started to think if Sullivan purposely filled his book with crap, so it will be the most talked book of the month/week? No worries, it will end up in bargain books in no time with DD book.

To Randall Sullivan and his PR team, in case you read here:
I don't care if RD book is sympathetic towards Michael.
My requirement for good book of MJ has to be truthful. Unfortunately as far as I know it, your book is collection of articles from tabloids during the years. I heard all before.
I'm sorry but you wasted 3 years of your life for this book.

Last edited:

The reality that so so so many people could just lie about him and make so much money off of it and that some of them could tell good lies or build on lies from other people to make it seem like a lot of people were saying the same thing, just doesn't seem believable to them. It makes Michael look too sympathetic.

Oh yeah, it reminds me of the "argument" during the allegations and what Dimond often uses too: "so many people cannot lie" (I mean the ex-employees for example, because the alleged victims themselves testified for the defense). Well, yes, they can. And each one of them were exposed as liars on trial and established very nicely where their lies came from, the motives behind them, the connections between these people etc. As sad news as it is about human nature, this is reality! Especially when there is money and fame involved.

Media is supporting his book because it is controversial and we are partly blamed for it.

On Amazon someone said the guy is friends with Oprah and he has a program on OWN called Miracle Detectives. So now you know why this book gets so much publicity.

As I said: connections.

To read it is to feed it
To listen to it is to feed it
To react to it is to feed it

Let him talk. Let him do his bla, bla, bla in interviews in talkshows, interviews.

Let's silence his book to death and let him talk to himself.

When no one is interested in whatever way, the book will die.

I burst out laughing after reading 1 comment from Amazon

Tsk tsp Sullivan pr team:smilerolleyes:

By XXXXX (Brooklyn, New York, United States) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Untouchable: The Strange Life and Tragic Death of Michael Jackson (Hardcover)
I was very surprised to see all the negative reviews, because halfway through this 700+ page, well-researched :rofl: book I have found it to be balanced :D and even sympathetic to its subject. Although there are some sensational details, I think it's fair to say Michael Jackson was a "sensational" person. I am agnostic as to some of the things Michael was accused of, while other facts of his life, while improbable, appear to be fact nonetheless.:rollin:
I don't think it's fair to expect the author to either lionize or condemn his subject if he is trying to keep it factual.:rolleyes2:
I was also impressed with the writing - clearly this is a journalist, not a tabloid writer.:toofunny:

Not a tabloid writer, too funny:D He collected all the tabloid stories over the years under 1 cover, and stole stories from other tabloid writers and this one says he is clearly journalist, not a tabloid writer.
Sullivan and his PR team are idiots.

Last edited:

^ LMAOO

Only an idiot would read this book and think any of that crap is factual.

I downloaded the book and deleted it after I read what he wrote about the 2005 trial, I couldn't handle that amount of bullsh1t, he twisted a lot of things!!!

Yeah this is what he wrote about Evan:

"I actually knew Evan Chandler. I met him several times in the 1990s. I had lots of secret meetings with Evan Chandler, trying to get to the bottom of what was going on. I was pretty young, sort of green and wish I had my present level of expertise to be able to have applied back then. I have stories about that guy that I have never even published. He was about as inconsistent as they come. He was so determined to get me on his side, I thought he was just a tad scary. If you read my book you sort of get how I felt -- feel -- about him. When it came out, he called me screaming at me for not just buying his story 100%. He actually threatened me, and I thought... okay, pal, now I know who you really are. "

Regarding the bolded, why didn't he publish these stories - surely it would have been relevant to the 1993 story.

Yes, probably but maybe he couldn't.

On Amazon someone said the guy is friends with Oprah and he has a program on OWN called Miracle Detectives. So now you know why this book gets so much publicity.

As I said: connections.

When I wrote it, I was kind of thinking mainly ABC network and tabloids. They seem to post snippets and comments of the book many times a day. I think they don't care about what kind of things are written of MJ as long as they have something. ABC already have SL document (good news for us) coming and now they investing the other side (bad news), so overall they get viewers and readers, and thats all they need and want.
Is there some sort of connection with OWN and ABC or OWN and certain tabloids?

Has the Jackson family released a statement about this book since it came out? If there was ever a time that they needed to say something, now is the time. This book is being talked about everywhere.

Don't waste your time waiting for statement from them or having Michael's back when needed.
Ms Janet only issued her statement when RS hit to her where it hurts the most, size of her bank account.
Katherine doesn't care what is being written as long as MJ is not portrayed as p*do.
Mr Sunshine Jackson has never come to rescue if there is nothing for him to gain.
Same goes to LaToya and other members of the family.

Basically you will hear nothing from them, as they have nothing to gain trying to protect MJ from tabloids.
They can excuse it not to get involved because its all crap and tabloid garbage anyway , but it that crap is written about them, they waste no time issuing statements left and right, but issuing statement on behalf of MJ, I don't see that coming.

Of course the family won't say anything to defend MJ they never have.. You see how many statements Janet released a few months ago when her reputation was on the line so they do see and hear stuff... when it comes to Mike they along with the others don't care and they even throw him under the bus too.. I can't stand that family

Don't waste your time waiting for statement from them or having Michael's back when needed.
Ms Janet only issued her statement when RS hit to her where it hurts the most, size of her bank account.
Katherine doesn't care what is being written as long as MJ is not portrayed as p*do.
Mr Sunshine Jackson has never come to rescue if there is nothing for him to gain.
Same goes to LaToya and other members of the family.

Basically you will hear nothing from them, as they have nothing to gain trying to protect MJ from tabloids.
They can excuse it not to get involved because its all crap and tabloid garbage anyway , but it that crap is written about them, they waste no time issuing statements left and right, but issuing statement on behalf of MJ, I don't see that coming.

Then maybe Debbie's lawyer should release a statement against the book, didn't Debbie contact the Estate and ask them to stop aring Jason Pfieffer's interview??

Us, fans can't handle that, so people who are mentioned in his book should have a say...Just saying!!!

The Jacksons won't address the book for the same reason that the estate won't. It just gives it more attention and free publicity. Ignoring it is the right thing to do.

Hey guys, I tweeted Katie Couric's show last night to say how disappointed I am that she would have the author of this tabloid garbage on her show (he will be on today's show). I got a reply this morning that Sullivan will be answering questions directly from Twitter later on their site. Here is the Twitter handle for the show in case you would like to ask a question (and let him have it): @KatieShow

The Jacksons won't address the book for the same reason that the estate won't. It just gives it more attention and free publicity. Ignoring it is the right thing to do.

The estate did already.

Sullivan is trying to play to both sides (very clumsily): says that he does not believe the allegations to get fans buy his book, but when you read it, he gives credit to Ray Chandler's claims unchallenged and he makes innuendo in that direction. And if we can believe the comment I quoted above from Amazon yesterday he said that Jordan might have been MJ's lover...

Sullivan said it, I heard him also. When he was asked how would he know if Michael died a virgin he said that he couldn't say for sure that LMP or Jordan Chandler would know if Michael had ever had sexual intercourse. He also said that he is basing his died a virgin belief on Michael's relationships with Tatum Oneal and Brooke Shields.

Michael is indeed untouchable, mr. Sullivan (was it?)

[youtube]o6YAOyn1MAc[/youtube]

[youtube]-U7_iNIgGjc[/youtube]

Last edited:

http://mjjjusticeproject.wordpress....state-addresses-vanity-fair-randall-sullivan/

and Janet did too in her statement regarding Sullivan tabloid tales about her and MJ burial, so yeah.

While you are right about ignoring the whole Sullivan mess, sometimes I would like see his friends or family to stand up for Michael against these creatures.

The way Paris handled the whole Nikki Sixx thingy would be the way to go:)

Last edited:

Both rejected about the Vanity Fair-Article and the book. The family seperatly, Janet with a statement, Latoya with a statement, and KJ`s attorney Sanders with a statement.

Sanders and Howard Mann are both sources for Sullvian.

la_cienega;3738016 said:
He didn't know Debbie had ever said she'd had sex with Michael. Yeah, she did, taped undercover by a NOTW journalist in 1996: "We started by fooling around a bit and the next thing we knew we were doing it. We knew we were going to try for a baby." And taped again undercover in 1997: "I can’t wait to see him again. We’re going to stay all day and night in bed – I can’t wait." He didn't even know these quotes had been said - he thought she'd always denied having sex with him.

That's off topic, but I don't know if we can believe this story. They just mentioned the tapes, but didn't release them and you know we can't trust News of the world. And Frank Cascio said on his book that Debbie and Michael weren't intimate. He says:

"There was no romance or intimacy between them, but Michael truly loved Debbie as a friend. He let people believe that he had been intimate with Debbie, although he had told me that this wasn’t the case."

Cascio doens't mention artificial insemination in his book, but he says that Michael is the biological father of his kids. So I assume he believes Prince and Paris were the result of artificial insemination using Michael's semen.

This doesn't mean I believe Randall Sullivan story. I also take Cascio words with a grain of salt, he said things in his book that wasn't accurate at all. I'm just pointing it out, so we can correct Sullivan's lies without using tabloid sources like the News of the world.

Shame on katie Couric for having this guy on her show. If he is connected to Oprah too then shame on her. She was around his children. Does anyone ever think about his kids at all? I am so disgusted right now.

Sullivan said it, I heard him also. When he was asked how would he know if Michael died a virgin he said that he couldn't say for sure that LMP or Jordan Chandler would know if Michael had ever had sexual intercourse. He also said that he is basing his died a virgin belief on Michael's relationships with Tatum Oneal and Brooke Shields.

So just because he did not have sex with Tatum and Brooke, he died as a virgin. Brilliant logic, Mr Sullivan...
And don't get me started on his Jordan Chandler comments. It just shows that he only says he thinks MJ was innocent to lure unsuspecting fans into buying his book.

Shame on katie Couric for having this guy on her show. If he is connected to Oprah too then shame on her. She was around his children. Does anyone ever think about his kids at all? I am so disgusted right now.

He does have a show on OWN: http://www.oprah.com/own-miracle-detectives/miracle-detectives.html

Of course, that does not necessarily mean they are personal friends with Oprah, but surely the guy is well-connected and that's why his trashy book gets so much publicity.

Miracle Detectives

Missed a Miracle? The Miracle Detectives travel the globe searching for answers to mysterious incidents that transcend logic.

He's into "mysterious incidents that transcend logic". Explains a lot. :p

Anybody that condones or promotes this book is shameful.

^@ respect, Lol! Re connections, that 'train crash' review of the book from amazon.com reviewer sara nelson who is now book editor of amazon, clearly not a fan - she was book editor for oprah.

Ignoring isn't the right thing to do. This book is getting plenty of publcity in the msm, nothing to do with fans getting involved. What do you want? - the debate entirely taken up by mj detractors and haters whilst fans who know the score just taking a lofty, 'we're above all this' view? It's actually only fans who know the details and got the facts to rebutt all the stuff this randall has dredged up - they're the ones who know exactly who these characters are that he seems tobe basing his book on. If they don't share their knowledge online or in social media, then it's randalls narrative that will just go through by default. MJ ignored far too much in his life to the extent it just became open season on him.

As for the jacksons, the issue is that the author seems to have important connections with mrs j's lawyers, was the one to actually introduce mrs j to her lawyer, and the book is meant to have been proofread by them - so mrs j is in no position to just ignore it.

Last edited:

http://mjjjusticeproject.wordpress....state-addresses-vanity-fair-randall-sullivan/

and Janet did too in her statement regarding Sullivan tabloid tales about her and MJ burial, so yeah.

While you are right about ignoring the whole Sullivan mess, sometimes I would like sees friend or family to stand up for Michael against these creatures.

The way Paris handled the whole Nikki Sixx thingy would be the way to go:)

I was meaning since the book has been published. Those other comments were over a month ago and not likely to give the book any publicity that will translate to sales.

Back