Redemption: Geraldine Hughes wants fans to fund Movie based on her book

Re: Redemption: A New Michael Jackson Movie

OK so those who were able to hear this, since it did not work for me, what in general did Hughes say?

^ I posted what she said and was talked about in a earlier post already. I don't know why u couldn't hear the interview?! The Audio is a bit messed up at times but, u could still hear it.

^ I posted what she said and was talked about in a earlier post already. I don't know why u couldn't hear the interview?! The Audio is a bit messed up at times but, u could still hear it.

Oh I thought you only gave a small aspect of what she said. I did not realize that was the summary of the talk. Thanks.

Geraldine Hughes

Michaelgate movie is underway! We are fundraising for the production costs. Anyone that wants to help us to get the movie made based on my book "Redemption: The Truth Behind the Michael Jackson Child Molestation Allegation" which will clear Michael Jackson's name, please help with our fundraiser at: http://igg.me/p/294827/x/757433. Thank you!

I haven't read the book yet but i hear it's good and it might be a very good idea to make a movie that will appeal to the general public. The movie would have to be done by professionals, get some huge promotion and be supported by the Estate. The heck, why doesn't the Estate finance it? It would be in their interest since their job is to protect Michael's legacy.

Moon walker was great, looking forward to this one.

The Estate is here to focus on promotion of Michael's music and art. They want the focus on his music and the positive things he has done through it. Thats why they were adament about BAD25 to focus on his talent and music ONLY and not his personal trials. (That was a great decision and made MJ shine) Myself I hope they stay away from the controversy and just continue to focus on the joy Michael brings the world through his art.

The Estate is here to focus on promotion of Michael's music and art. They want the focus on his music and the positive things he has done through it. Thats why they were adament about BAD25 to focus on his talent and music ONLY and not his personal trials. (That was a great decision and made MJ shine) Myself I hope they stay away from the controversy and just continue to focus on the joy Michael brings the world through his art.

But if they do that, wouldn't that look like they were trying to ignore what these controversies have caused Michael during his lifetime? In a subtle way? It's similar as when they mostly publish a picture of Michael's life from the earlies years and rarely or never from the later years. As if they were hiding what he looked like later on.

I think it would be a good thing if the Estate helped to produce something like that.

Billie Jean 78;3749601 said:
But if they do that, wouldn't that look like they were trying to ignore what these controversies have caused Michael during his lifetime? In a subtle way? It's similar as when they mostly publish a picture of Michael's life from the earlies years and rarely or never from the later years. As if they were hiding what he looked like later on.

I think it would be a good thing if the Estate helped to produce something like that.

Michael’s wish in the end of his life was to draw attention back to his art, and that’s exactly what they are doing.

Bringing up allegations on such a public official level that the estate speaks at is a slippery slope. It will most likely raise a new wave of scorn and sarcasm in the media, and a wave of hate in comments, and lo and behold, everyone will be discussing MJ and pedophilia all over again. Will it help his legacy? I doubt it. In a subject like this it’s very hard to prove anything. Even if you make a very good movie, people will say there is another side to the story. Because those who know that MJ is innocent are either people who knew him personally, or fans who read and heard so much about him that they can attest to his character. But there is no way to fit all that knowledge in a 2-hour movie, so mass media and mass public will always express doubts.

Maybe the estate’s strategy – to let it bury itself – is actually a good one. People who are most convinced that Michael was a criminal are basing their judgment on what they heard from the media in 2005-2009. The next generation will already have a different background. They’ll start from blank page and learn about Michael from books and internet which are a lot more unbiased about him these days.

^^I agree. Let the estate focus on his art, humanitarian & musical legacy. There will be people who will make attempts to bring the truth of the allegations to the public, like Hughes is attempting right now. It is a pity she has to do a fundraiser to help with production, but that seems to be the way to go when you are dealing with vindicating Michael.

I think if the Estate would finance it the media would call it an attempt to "whitewash" Michael. It's better if such vindication efforts are done by independent people.

^^Yes I think so too.

Lord.... I do not like where this is going. Asking fans for money will give this project a negative. Already fans on FB are saying they won't support this. They compare it to William Wegener and his project against Sneedon. He doesn't show proof on how much he has collected from fans so far and they fear the same will happen here? So if Hughes get people to donate hopefully she will let fans know with actual proof how much she has collected for this project?! Though, I would have preferred that she found another way. Because simply if u don't have the money yourself then don't do it then. =/

I would love to see this Movie happen....so we shall see how this plays out?!

Last edited:

if she and her publisher found it pretty much impossible to get her book on the shelves of stores because of its subject then she has no chance of doing a movie like this. unless she has some big company backing her then theres no chance this will do anything.and of course no one big will ever support such a film as it goes against the agenda that has and will forever be pushed against mj

No offense, but in my opinion Ms. Hughes is playing herself.

First of all, you don't announce a NEW movie, until you have everything in place. Namely, the financing and she certainly will not get it by fund raising MJ's fans. This is a very large undertaking and would require a large amount of money from a backer with a credibile reputation in order to be taken seriously.

That being said, I personally don't think her book has enough "information" in it, to be successful. You take on a project like this, you certainly can't be half-stepping.

Lastly, when I hear the name Geraldine Hughes, I recall one of the news programs that came on MSNBC, during the trial. They made continued announcements that "Ms. Hughes would be on and that she would be blowing the lid off of the Chandler story" (or words to that effect). I rushed home from work, thinking I was gonna hear something. To my disappointment, grave disappointment, all she said, to dang near every question was - "It's all in my book, buy my book."

I really don't like when folks use those particular words, when they claim their objective is getting the truth out there. Don't like it, leaves a very bad taste in my mouth.

I definitely do NOT put Geraldine Hughes in the same category as William Wegener. Geraldine already showed that she indeed has credible info on the Chandlers (after all she was there in Rothman's office as it happened) and her book is pretty good - especially for understanding from a legal point of view why Michael settled. I also do not see that she is out to further a personal agenda, like Wegener does. But this movie project isn't very promising if she wants fans to finance it. It's not gonna happen. I'd rather have her write another book, do interviews to spread the info she knows or make a documentary based on what she knows. A documentary isn't a small effort either but it's probably cheaper and a more realistic goal than a movie. Also I think the info that is in Geraldine's book is better suited to a documentary presentation than a movie.

If it would become a movie who do you think will see it?
I think it would be most Michael´s fans.
If instead a documentary was made ,sent on tv then I believe more non-fans would see it when they don´t have to pay for it.

Wagener did some real damage, actually. Whenever I hear "fans financing a movie" (aka Fans financing Wagener), I have that image popping up in my head of an Illuminati!!!! babbling guy who presents his "case" by reaching into a brown paper bag and pulling out lose papers flying around. (just check the videos...)
Actually, it feels to me like there are a lot of wannabes in California trying to make a name for themselves, ya know?

I think even self-published books can circulate far more in today's environment and will be the medium that will survive even the slickest TV documentary. (ebook!)What is a historian in the future going to look at? Online and libraries. Intelligently edited (edited is not a four letter word in writing!!) books will survive and be used for reference. So I will whole support intelligent books - as the current TV soaked generation won't change their mind. But the young ones did not grow up with the nasty and even people like DD will eventually die out.
It's not the people of the past that need to be convinced who Michael is - his legacy will survive with future generations which is why it is wise of the Estate to distance themselves from chapters that will be soon referenced as "some nuts actually thought of him this way".

Big Apple I too thought there was a backer when she announced there would be a movie. What made her claim there is going to be a movie when she had no backer is incomprehensible. I do remember that some were disappointed by her constant comments of "read my book." On the other hand, other fans find some useful legal information in her book. Now whether the legal information is enough to make a 120min movie is something else. Most likely she intends to add some other facts to augment the script.

Now that we learn there is no big backer, I am wondering if the script is even ready. This latest trend for entities to look toward fans to support projects, is getting out of hand. It is not as though fans have some stash of money hidden away...

Wagener did some real damage, actually. Whenever I hear "fans financing a movie" (aka Fans financing Wagener), I have that image popping up in my head of an Illuminati!!!! babbling guy who presents his "case" by reaching into a brown paper bag and pulling out lose papers flying around. (just check the videos...)
Actually, it feels to me like there are a lot of wannabes in California trying to make a name for themselves, ya know?

I think even self-published books can circulate far more in today's environment and will be the medium that will survive even the slickest TV documentary. (ebook!)What is a historian in the future going to look at? Online and libraries. Intelligently edited (edited is not a four letter word in writing!!) books will survive and be used for reference. So I will whole support intelligent books - as the current TV soaked generation won't change their mind. But the young ones did not grow up with the nasty and even people like DD will eventually die out.

It's not the people of the past that need to be convinced who Michael is - his legacy will survive with future generations which is why it is wise of the Estate to distance themselves from chapters that will be soon referenced as "some nuts actually thought of him this way".

I agree all of you post and absolutely loved bolded part:D

I like Miss Highes but surely you need to have backers in place before you announce a film project?

BREAKING NEWS!!!

I am creating a new film about MJ! It will be released in Summer 2014!

(all I need now is to decide on the plot, write a screenplay, fleece the fans for some cash to finance it, find a distributor, and a director, oh, and a cast, but don't you worry this film is happening and it will be great. P.s hopefully I can get rich in the process...)

As per Ms. Hughes, she wants the truth out there, same as us, but like I said previously, in my opinion, her book does not have enough information to succeed. Then there will be an influx of folks coming out to say - "that's not how it happened, she's just one of those crazy MJ fans."

I know Evan Chandler is dead, but what about Rothman and anybody else she mentions in her book. It will turn out to be the classic case of "he said - she said."

In my humble opinion, the ONLY thing that will change the minds of the folks who still believe Michael was some sort of monster, would be for Jordan Chandler to hold a press conference, and tell the world what REALLY happened. How this was some grand scheme, orchestrated by his father, in order to get money out of Michael so that his father would be able to finance his dream of being in the movie making business. His father first asked Michael for money, and when Michael turned him down, his father put in place his Plan B, i.e. "My Father Made Me Lie!"

Ms. Hughes can talk about her days at Rothman's office until she is blue in the face, in my opinion, it's not enough.

^^ We can dream of a Jordan confession but I do not hold my breath that it's ever gonna happen. So the second best thing is if we get the truth out there and keep educating people about it.

I really can't see how this book can turn into a movie. A documentary would be a much more viable alternative.

soulmum said:
I like Miss Highes but surely you need to have backers in place before you announce a film project?

Not if you're dennis christen and you're sending out mj's 13 yr old daughteer on a media blitz to try and raise support for your dud film project.

i don't like that title. it implies Michael did something wrong, here. and from a society full of people who aren't in the position to give that book that title, i resent it.

I really can't see how this book can turn into a movie. A documentary would be a much more viable alternative.

I too think they should go for documentary. It will not be as costly to make as movie, and would be factual, whereas people can say movie is work of fiction.

I too think they should go for documentary. It will not be as costly to make as movie, and would be factual, whereas people can say movie is work of fiction.
A movie would get watched more than a doc I would think.

Back