Should Lisa Marie Presley should be trusted on her opinion of Michael...

^^Yeah I liked how she stood up for him in that interview when they both were together. However, she never ripped into her other ex-husbands all over the media the way she did with Michael. Michael deserved the same respect.

By the way is Lisa's singing like a hobby with her? I mean, is she a serious artist who goes on tours and have many records and fans?

I believe she did have a tour at some point. I recall hearing how during one show she actually made a positive comment about Michael, saying that "the sex was great". Not sure whether to laugh or go WTF at that one.

I have mixed feelings about Lisa, myself. I do think it's great that she was there for Michael and how, for a time, he had a woman to love and be with. However I find it really sad that she trashed him like she did in the following years when he already had a ton of crap being flung at him. Judging by her actions after his death though I do believe she regrets it, and I can sympathize with her on that since I too am guilty of having bashed him a few times prior to his death, ashamed as I am to admit that. ><

While I do get disgusted every time I read a negative comment she made about him, I'm glad that she has a more positive outlook on him now. It's better that than her still remaining bitter after his passing.

I don't like her or trust her.. She is trying to play 'nice' now but it's much too late.. She should have said some kind words while he was here. He can't hear none of what she's saying now.

neverland-ranchdressing;3971672 said:
“With MJ [Michael Jackson], unfortunately, too much happened, too much got between us. There was a very deep strong love there; intense. But people got in the way, on my end and his end. We had so many people telling us what to do and intercepting and speaking on behalf of the other. Had it been just he and I, towards the end, I don’t think we would have divorced.” ~ Lisa Marie Presley

I don't know how recent that quote is,but I'm so sick of hearing her bring up his name.
For anyone who remembers...Oprah did an interview with LMP and mother Priscilla in 2005,and they were SLAMMING Michael to no end:
[video=youtube;zuyTPhSfIqU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuyTPhSfIqU[/video]

Then...all of a sudden a year after Michael passed,her demeanor and her opinion completely 360's:
[video=youtube;fzeTKgKI8TM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzeTKgKI8TM[/video]

I still do not even fathom how she is able to be that way. To go from basically calling Michael a "psychotic,unhealthy monster" to "the love of my life" in a matter of five years is just astounding.
I know there's been threads on this,but I'm just really pissed off that I remembered this,because Oprah featured that 2005 interview clip in her "Where Are They Now?" show (which I fast-forwarded because she makes me physically ill).

That quote is very recent.. Like last week from some Australian magazine.. she's over there to do a couple of shows in some bar and grill pub.

jaydom7;3972214 said:
I don't like her or trust her.. She is trying to play 'nice' now but it's much too late.. She should have said some kind words while he was here. He can't hear none of what she's saying now.

This. ^^

Ever since I became his fan, I've always remained quite loyal to Michael and Lisa even trashed him in the last years of his life. It's quite hypocritical of her saying all those horrendous things while he was still here and could know she bashed him. But now he's gone and can't hear her anymore, Michael is "the love of her life". :doh: What she said to Marie Claire in 2007 or 2008:

"My biggest mistake? Let's see," she begins quietly. "How can I word this? Um. Well. Leaving my first marriage, for the person that I left it for &#8212; that was probably the biggest mistake of my life."

"I was really naive at the time. I was in la-la land." She grimaces slightly, pushes some fallen hair from her forehead, then lets it all go.

Way too late to regret and I despise hypocrites. She wasn't able to say nice thing while he could hear her and that excuse of "many people say nasty things when they get divorced" is too lame because they got divorced 12 years ago (in 2008) when she continued being nasty to Michael. And her self importance and self entitlement was unbelievable, the 4 years relationship after the divorce is bullcrap, she dated 3 different men in that period.

Snow White luvs Peter Pan;3972225 said:
This. ^^

Ever since I became his fan, I've always remained quite loyal to Michael and Lisa even trashed him in the last years of his life. It's quite hypocritical of her saying all those horrendous things while he was still here and could know she bashed him. But now he's gone and can't hear her anymore, Michael is "the love of her life". :doh: What she said to Marie Claire in 2007 or 2008:

"My biggest mistake? Let's see," she begins quietly. "How can I word this? Um. Well. Leaving my first marriage, for the person that I left it for &#8212; that was probably the biggest mistake of my life."

"I was really naive at the time. I was in la-la land." She grimaces slightly, pushes some fallen hair from her forehead, then lets it all go.

Way too late to regret and I despise hypocrites. She wasn't able to say nice thing while he could hear her and that excuse of "many people say nasty things when they get divorced" is too lame because they got divorced 12 years ago (in 2008) when she continued being nasty to Michael. And her self importance and self entitlement was unbelievable, the 4 years relationship after the divorce is bullcrap, she dated 3 different men in that period.

Yeah just re-reading some of the things she said was heartbreaking.. There is nothing that she can do to take any of that back, so she needs to shut up and keep his name out of her mouth.

I don't like her. I really don't and.. I can't trust her. She lied to him about having children, then after their divorce she said nothing but garbage about him and like all that wasn't already enough, when I've seen her after MJ's passing on tv shows talking about Michael, using him just to promote her new album.. I just couldn't believe my eyes and ears that a woman who knew Michael, who was Michael's first wife.. could do such thing. She did too many disgusting things to trust her.
I only hope that she was not the love of his life.. he truly deserved more.

Honestly?
IMO Mj could be glad that he had no child with LMP. At the latest when this child would been 6 years old there would been huge differences between MJ and LMP about its education in philosophy of life. I cannot imagine LMP+ Scientology would accept would not be raised to be a member of Scientology.
I do not think that MJ would have accept this. And I assume the marriage would be broken because their difference.

LMP ist not so conciliatory as Debbie Rowe and she has money enough to hunt MJ from suit to suit for her custody. She would have pulled out all the stops with possibly defamation of MJ's charakter.
It would been the hell for Michael.

(sorry for my lousy grammatic; I cannot yet the subjunctive II.
All the coulds and woulds and shoulds and been and have been......):swoon:

I get mixed feeling with Lisa depending on when we are talking..

I believe Lisa did fall in love with Michael, I do believe they both tried hard while being together.. Then I feel once they split she was bitter, and said mean things that she shouldn't... (a lot of 'exes' do that, but does not make it right)

Right now, I feel she appreciates Michael more and got over her bitterness now that he's gone.. That does happen even with family members, so I could understand it.

I do feel like she's had personal growth regarding there relationship since he passed, and I would not say it's too late simply because it's "too late" for what? MJ to hear it!! to me that matters very little, I do believe they occasionally spoke and knew what she felt even when it wasn't favorable.

People can grow and I think she did, so for right now... I don't think ill of her, but I don't consider myself a supporter either.. She's ok! lol

I'm almost certain if Michael hadn't passed she'd continue bashing him, she did it in 2010, people don't change over night. So keep making excuses over her unethical and vulgar behavior she kept even moths before June 2009.

I cannot stand the way Oprah handles the interview and tries to get the dirt--"do you feel used?" And she encourages Priscilla to go on and on about MJ's "agenda," which was supposedly to marry LMP b/c she was Elvis' daughter. Hello?--no one had HEARD of LMP til MJ married her--no one CARED about LMP til MJ married her. Today still no one CARES about LMP except for the fact MJ married her.

When they interview LMP what do they talk MOST about? Elvis? NO! They talk about MJ!

LMP is on the map b/c of MJ marrying her.

Oprah--smh.

I get mixed feeling with Lisa depending on when we are talking..

I believe Lisa did fall in love with Michael, I do believe they both tried hard while being together.. Then I feel once they split she was bitter, and said mean things that she shouldn't... (a lot of 'exes' do that, but does not make it right)

Right now, I feel she appreciates Michael more and got over her bitterness now that he's gone.. That does happen even with family members, so I could understand it.

I do feel like she's had personal growth regarding there relationship since he passed, and I would not say it's too late simply because it's "too late" for what? MJ to hear it!! to me that matters very little, I do believe they occasionally spoke and knew what she felt even when it wasn't favorable.

People can grow and I think she did, so for right now... I don't think ill of her, but I don't consider myself a supporter either.. She's ok! lol

I agree with you. Yes, people can change overtime. Lisa was really young when she married Michael and she really did the right thing with michael by not having kids with him. In the 2010 interview with Oprah, she stated the reason she didn't want to have kids with Michael because she was afraid of an ugly custody battle with him. Lisa made the right choice in the long run.

^^When Lisa married Michael she was young so what. She had already been married before, had children, had sex, drank to excess, divorced and more. I am only saying this to show that she was not this innocent child unaware of the world/men/relationships as though she was a child of the 17 century or the child brides of the 1930s in the US.

You say she gave the reason as not wanting to have this bad custody battle, but what kind of reason is that. If she is telling the truth, it suggests that she knew that she was going to divorce him. Now it does not take long to get pregnant under normal circumstances, so when did she come to the decision that they would divorce. She had to have known first that they would divorce, and then say no kids then because the custody battle will be bad. Personally, I think that explanation is a bunch of doo doo because if she was in love with him in the beginning she would have tried to get pregnant and please him. At that point she would not say no kids because a custody battle would be bad. So it seems to me that she said no to him about the kids for another reason, because under normal circumstances, as soon as she realized she would have to divorce him, she would make plans to leave, before he even asked her hey where are the kids.

Lisa is with a man and she is independently wealthy and can leave when she wants to and not depend on child support. She knows the man wants children real bad and finds out she wants to divorce him. What sane woman would remain waiting for the man to ask how come she is not pregnant yet, when she could pack up and leave and file the papers. Why was she still hanging around with the relationship if she knew he would be confronting her about the children and she would have to tell him NO. Therefore, it was only after they had the breakup that she in hindsight said gee if I had children the custody battle would have been a headache. She then uses that hindsight thought to explain why she did not have children.

She seems to give the impression that marriage is not a big deal because you can divorce quickly if something happens, take the children and go, and still hang out with the ex. While with Michael she hung out with the ex, and tried to hang out with Michael too after the divorce by running around the world after him. Is this the behavior of someone who takes marriage & family life seriously?

I agree with you about her making the right decision not to have kids with him, because as Mneme said above, her methods of child rearing and Michael's are not similar. Both of them would want full custody.

Last edited:
Taking birthcontrol pills behind your husbands back, who wants children can never end well.. and it didn´t when he found out.

Although all three of them were awful in that 2005 interview, at the very least she's says it was a 'real marriage' and was consummated.

People STILL believe that Michael Jackson was incapable of anything like that and the whole thing was purely for show.

Sorry, you guys have great points, I just wanted to throw that in.

It turned better in a long term they didn't have children indeed but that's not the point. Actions like lying or this one I'm quoting, hurt Michael deeply and you can hear it in the YT video I posted. It's probably why he got away from her on Dec. 1994 and considered divorce. She knew he was surrounded by people maybe when they started dating, why going forward with the marriage if that was the "reason" she wanted to get away from him? They were in love at the beginning but it seems she did whatever it took to end up with it and that's the heartbreaking part.

At the end of the day, I'm glad DR made Michael's wish come true and could enjoy being a father.

Virre;3972430 said:
Taking birthcontrol pills behind your husbands back, who wants children can never end well.. and it didn´t when he found out.

Last edited:
What about what Karen Faye said about how LMP begged him not to file for divorce, to give the relationship another chance, and he agreed. And the very next day she filed for divorce and it was in all the papers. That was total meanness and duplicity.

^What baffles me about Lisa is how she thought she would be able to keep married to this man and not give him children. Maybe she only wanted to be married for a little while. I mean, she knew this man wanted children and he was already 30. He was not going to say let's wait 5 years and then have children, and she knew it.

What about what Karen Faye said about how LMP begged him not to file for divorce, to give the relationship another chance, and he agreed. And the very next day she filed for divorce and it was in all the papers. That was total meanness and duplicity.

Karen fake says many things and I would take everything she says with sack of salt.
Just remember what she said about Michael too.

Virre;3972430 said:

Was this ever actually confirmed? I've seen it referenced on other forums and even in fanfiction (what little of it I've read). If she really did that to him, that's a dick move. =/

^^She had to be using something since she appears to be a very fertile woman. Now how long was she married to Michael and it just so happened that each time he tried to make her pregnant it was the wrong time of the month? Maybe a lot of women should throw away their birth control and ask Lisa for her secrets.

Last edited:
Reading her comments again makes my blood boil. She can clinge onto Lockwood all she wants now, Michael is dead since 2009 and never coming back, there'd be no reason for her to continue to men hump like she did the past decade.

^What baffles me about Lisa is how she thought she would be able to keep married to this man and not give him children. Maybe she only wanted to be married for a little while. I mean, she knew this man wanted children and he was already 30. He was not going to say let's wait 5 years and then have children, and she knew it.

I agree with everything you say except imo Michael did rush into having children. He was 35/36 when he got with her not 47, he wasn't desperate to have children because of his age, but because of his life circumstances I truly believe he wanted to love someone unconditionally be loved that way back. I truly believe that had she been honest he wouldn't have mind to wait another year or two, they were only married for 20 months anyway, had they compromised their child would have eventually come just the way Paris and Prince came by the end of 90's.

I agree with you. Yes, people can change overtime. Lisa was really young when she married Michael and she really did the right thing with michael by not having kids with him. In the 2010 interview with Oprah, she stated the reason she didn't want to have kids with Michael because she was afraid of an ugly custody battle with him. Lisa made the right choice in the long run.
Lisa was a grown woman aged 26 and already had 2 children of her own, in addition to all that she was already married and a divorcee. I wish people would stop make it seem like she was this 16 year old or this naive 21 year old who had no life experience at all, because that was simply not the case, period.

And Kaymon, she is calling Michael 'MJ' because her soulmate Lockwood is the 'new' Michael in her life, she now calls Lockwood no longer by his last but first name.

Re: Lisa Marie Presley should NOT be trusted on her opinion of Michael...

well you already know my opinion on this hence my username. IMO I believe lisa loved Michael with all her heart and still does to this day. yes in the past lisa said some things about Michael I wish she hadn't and I know she regrets saying them too. she was angry and she was hurt, and she was lashing out at him. In her 2010 oproah interview she poured her heart out and I believe every word she said. I know Michael loved her all the way to the end.

I know a lot may disagree with me on this and that's perfectly fine. all I want to say is you live and you learn. I know lisa regrets her actions and I forgive her for it. Isn't that what the good book says, you forgive? and Michael was all about forgiveness and I forgive lisa. I know that woman loved Michael. hell she still loves him. this is all I'm going to say on the matter because I don't want to get into a big discussion over this. this is how I feel about this and I'm sticking to it. God bless everyone.

When Lisa brings up about people getting in the way of her relationship with Michael Jackson, she is talking about the house of Elvis Presley verses the house of Michael Jackson.

That was the problem right there.

No way, no how, was Lisa going to allow that, she ruled.

Lisa's bread and butter came from the House of Elvis Presley and she was not going to allow that to be overshadowed. Hence why she distanced herself after the divorce and began her campaign, of publicity and anyone who was eager enough to listen, via media outlets, including Oprah's show, of besmirching Michael Jackson's good name.

I don't think Michael appreciated Lisa going on a vacation to Hawaii with her first ex husband, Danny, during his marriage to Lisa. Hence...Michael began taking separate vacation's. It was doomed so early on. Danny lived with Lisa, after their divorce, for the sake of their two children. Why would they vacation together? Lisa thinks it was wrong for Michael to disappear, but what Lisa began with the vacationing with an ex husband, who lives with you, was just wrong. Which is why Michael began taking separate vacation's apart from Lisa.

Michael also explained through Shmuley why he ended the relationship in his heart. Lisa had changed her phone number and was busy running around. Hence...she was busy dating her bodyguard, getting engaged to one guy and then dumping him for Nic Cage. It was a total turn off to the King of Pop!

^^When Lisa married Michael she was young so what. She had already been married before, had children, had sex, drank to excess, divorced and more. I am only saying this to show that she was not this innocent child unaware of the world/men/relationships as though she was a child of the 17 century or the child brides of the 1930s in the US.

You say she gave the reason as not wanting to have this bad custody battle, but what kind of reason is that. If she is telling the truth, it suggests that she knew that she was going to divorce him. Now it does not take long to get pregnant under normal circumstances, so when did she come to the decision that they would divorce. She had to have known first that they would divorce, and then say no kids then because the custody battle will be bad. Personally, I think that explanation is a bunch of doo doo because if she was in love with him in the beginning she would have tried to get pregnant and please him. At that point she would not say no kids because a custody battle would be bad. So it seems to me that she said no to him about the kids for another reason, because under normal circumstances, as soon as she realized she would have to divorce him, she would make plans to leave, before he even asked her hey where are the kids.

Lisa is with a man and she is independently wealthy and can leave when she wants to and not depend on child support. She knows the man wants children real bad and finds out she wants to divorce him. What sane woman would remain waiting for the man to ask how come she is not pregnant yet, when she could pack up and leave and file the papers. Why was she still hanging around with the relationship if she knew he would be confronting her about the children and she would have to tell him NO. Therefore, it was only after they had the breakup that she in hindsight said gee if I had children the custody battle would have been a headache. She then uses that hindsight thought to explain why she did not have children.

She seems to give the impression that marriage is not a big deal because you can divorce quickly if something happens, take the children and go, and still hang out with the ex. While with Michael she hung out with the ex, and tried to hang out with Michael too after the divorce by running around the world after him. Is this the behavior of someone who takes marriage & family life seriously?

I agree with you about her making the right decision not to have kids with him, because as Mneme said above, her methods of child rearing and Michael's are not similar. Both of them would want full custody.

Everytime you went into the grocery store, when Lisa Marie Presley was a teenager, all you read about was her drug problems and partying ways.

It was why her mother, Priscilla, had Lisa kidnapped in the middle of the night, when Lisa was 16, by the Church of Scientology, to sober Lisa Marie Presley up.

It was why, during the Diane Sawyer Interview that Lisa was glad her mother was not happy with Lisa marrying Michael Jackson, pay back is a blitch.

That does not make for a good beginning, to get married to piss your mother off. That's how Lisa comes off in that Interview. A rebellious child. Who cares that she had two children at that point. Not when you've got a Nanny raising your children, which Lisa had.

Lisa even admitted to Oprah, in 2010, that she wasn't the best mother with her older two children. Besides, your ex husband lives with you, there is a Nanny to take over your responsibility as a parent.

Yep, the Custody battles between Michael and Lisa would have been a nightmare.

Let's face it. Lisa's agenda was her singing Career and Michael's was marriage. Looks like Lisa won, once again, which has always been her agenda. Better be a guy who can handle the woman being in charge over your manhood! hehehe!

Lisa Marie was a grown woman in her mid-late 20's, aged 26 when she married Michael Jackson, not only that but she was also a divorcee and a mother of two. So I REALLY don't understand where ppl get this ''poor young innocent naive Lisa' impression of, because that was NOT the case.
She wasn't a 16 year old running away from home, she was grown woman aged 26, a divorcee and a mother of two, period.

Back