Spike Lee BAD 25 Documentary- DVD / Blu Ray [available on iTunes Nov 19]

Re: The Spike Lee BAD 25 Documentary discussion Thread

We should just wait until we see it and then judge :)

I think it's okay to have Chris Brown in it. A lot of documentaries have people who were inspired by the person it is about. I hope I don't offend anyone when I say this. It can't be just about us fans but I want something like this to reach the general audience and maybe new people who don't know Michael. This is It, Cirque de soleil, glee episode etc. all reaching hopefully new fans.

If it was someone who wasn't a fan of Michael in it then I wonder why but Chris seems to be a genuine fan I hope. It's about Michael. Don't get me wrong I want it to be good for us fans first lol. Michael influenced a lot of people and some didn't want to admit back when but some had no problem saying Michael influenced them. To me people should be thanking Michael for all he did and opened the doors for them.

...Michael influenced a lot of people and some didn't want to admit back when but some had no problem saying Michael influenced them. To me people should be thanking Michael for all he did and opened the doors for them.

Amen to that!

I wonder is this going to be on telly or DVD release? I'm hope it'll be shown on telly, more exposure to Michael's music:yes:
I love watching documents about people in music business, and don't think I have seen any document based on just Michael's music, his personal life always seems to be the main thing on these sort of docs so I welcome Spike Lee's document with open arms,
and many many many more in years to come.

They always have people on these kind of documents, telling how this person + music have influenced them.
Just yesterday I watched (please don't laugh, I said earlier a love docs about people in music business) Barry Manilow doc, and Robin Gibb was talking about Barry's influence on popular music. I think Chris Brown talking about MJ's influence on him is ok.

Chris, show'em you are not ignorant of what happened before you were born.

And here's to getting as much doc time as you desire.

Anyone know if Spike has interviewed Jennifer Batten to his document?
I don't know if this document is only about recording BAD or is it BAD tour too. If it's both, he definitely should interview Jennifer.
She has Q&A section on her website and 1 question was:
"Out of the 3 tours you did with Michael, what was your favourite?

The Bad Tour. Everyone got along really well and it was MJ's first solo tour. It was very exciting and was the first time around the world for me."

She would be worthy of interview. If someone out there have a twitter, would you be kind and give a shout to Spike?

Anyone know if Spike has interviewed Jennifer Batten to his document?
I don't know if this document is only about recording BAD or is it BAD tour too. If it's both, he definitely should interview Jennifer.
She has Q&A section on her website and 1 question was:
"Out of the 3 tours you did with Michael, what was your favourite?

The Bad Tour. Everyone got along really well and it was MJ's first solo tour. It was very exciting and was the first time around the world for me."

She would be worthy of interview. If someone out there have a twitter, would you be kind and give a shout to Spike?

After she went on twitter to pull a Karen Fake and criticize the Pepsi deal? Highly doubt it.

Lol

After she went on twitter to pull a Karen Fake and criticize the Pepsi deal? Highly doubt it.

Is Pepsi and Spike Lee's document somehow connected? I thought it was estate wanted to make this document, or maybe its just Spike Lee's own idea?
What Jennifer has to say about Pepsi,has nothing to do with this document. Two separate things in my opinion.

Lol

What did Jennifer say about the Pepsi deal? I seem to have missed that one.

Is Pepsi and Spike Lee's document somehow connected? I thought it was estate wanted to make this document, or maybe its just Spike Lee's own idea?
What Jennifer has to say about Pepsi,has nothing to do with this document. Two separate things in my opinion.

They are both in support of BAD 25

Her twitter moniker is @Mondocongo ...may 6th , she didnt even know Pesi stopped sponsoring the tour because it was canceled. SMDH

Last edited:

Does anyone know if Spike will be interviewing The Winans? They sang background for Man In The Mirror. Also Andrea Crouch & his chior being interviewed as well? They sang background for a lot of MJ's songs: Man In The Mirror, Will You Be There, Earth Song and Keep The Faith.

Her twitter moniker is @Mondocongo ...may 6th , she didnt even know Pesi stopped sponsoring the tour because it was canceled. SMDH

I don't use twitter... Are you talking about DWT?

Yes, I felt very protected sandwiched between Big Gipp and Cee Lo Green during my 2nd interview for the BAD25 documentary being directed by Spike Lee. Very touching stories of the impact that Michael Jackson has had on our lives.
527599_245175525587316_1604180253_n.jpg

Im really excited for this! Spike always does a good job with his docus

When people talk about how Michael influenced them it is about Michael. I want to hear it and I want others to hear it too.

^^^

I'd rather hear people talk about making the album BAD. The process, the song selection, how MJ was in the studio, funny recording studio stories etc. etc. - I think it's more intresting to hear from people who was in the project!

I suppose it's mainly going to be about Bad album as Spike said in his twitter that he is presently shooting and editing a doc on the 25th anniversary of MJ BAD album, so probably not much about tour. As long as there is documentary coming I'm happy.

The deadline for Oscar documentary is August 31st....so I am guessing, the reason this documentary won't be included in the collector package, is because of a possible for an Oscar nomination push.

I am very much looking forward to this. I only wish Dileo was still around. Well, I wish MJ was around and overseeing this.

This will help solidify the BAD ERA's epicness.

^^^

I'd rather hear people talk about making the album BAD. The process, the song selection, how MJ was in the studio, funny recording studio stories etc. etc. - I think it's more intresting to hear from people who was in the project!

For sure,absolutely. I just wouldn't mind hearing a little bit from people who were influenced by Michael through his work and as a person. There can be room for it to a small degree.

The deadline for Oscar documentary is August 31st....so I am guessing, the reason this documentary won't be included in the collector package, is because of a possible for an Oscar nomination push.

I am very much looking forward to this. I only wish Dileo was still around. Well, I wish MJ was around and overseeing this.

So, are you saying this is a theater release? Do we know the release date? I thought this would be a TV special of some sort. But theater release would be epic!!

I doubt they release a DOC about an album in theaters.... - Would be great, but not many would buy to see it in the cinema...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>OG Recording Engineer Bruce Swedien With Mic He Used To Record MJ's Voice/ Off The Wall,Thriller,Bad <a href="http://t.co/FwmJ7omJ" title="http://yfrog.com/esg13wpj">yfrog.com/esg13wpj</a></p>&mdash; Spike Lee (@SpikeLee) <a href="https://twitter.com/SpikeLee/status/207972129415761920" data-datetime="2012-05-30T23:09:54+00:00">May 30, 2012</a></blockquote>
<script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> .....
scaled.php

Last edited:
MsMo;3648629 said:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>OG Recording Engineer Bruce Swedien With Mic He Used To Record MJ's Voice/ Off The Wall,Thriller,Bad <a href="http://t.co/FwmJ7omJ" title="http://yfrog.com/esg13wpj">yfrog.com/esg13wpj</a></p>&#8212; Spike Lee (@SpikeLee) <a href="https://twitter.com/SpikeLee/status/207972129415761920" data-datetime="2012-05-30T23:09:54+00:00">May 30, 2012</a></blockquote>
<script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> .....
scaled.php

Yeeeeees:clapping:
I love hear stories from Bruce, so its going to be epic documentary. I wonder is this the same mic that has its own face book page?
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Bruce-Swedien-No1-microphone/291894135085

great to see bruce being involved with this

I can't wait to hear what Bruce has to say! - Glad he's involved!

:clapping: for the positivity on your post.
I hope this documentary is so good that it'll get Oscar :dancin:

Back