STTR: Tricky vs Timbo

Which STTR remix is better?

• Timbaland (2014)

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Tricky Stewart (2010)

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters
MJ always embraced new trends, he worked with Riley, Jerkins and Santana.
He also reworked songs in his vault.
That's why I can imagine him turning STTR into a techno song.
No... He would never turned it into techno song

no quote, no thesis
please find it!
I did.

StellaJackson
Proud Member
Aug 17, 2013

Rodney Jerkins has confirmed that he had no involvement in the recording, production or leak of this track.

Jerkins was kind enough to offer me the following insights about the track, which was recorded way back in 1989:

"Slave To The Rhythm was produced by LA Reid and Babyface. I remember MJ played me that song a long time ago. It was originally recorded for the Dangerous LP."

Although Jackson brought the song to Jerkin's attention during the "Invincible" recording sessions, the pair did not re-work the track and it was not considered for the album.

"He played it for me one day just to see what I thought. I like the song, but what Michael song don't I like? I love all his music!"

Regarding the newly remixed version, Jerkins recalled Jackson's views on the style of music used:

"Michael Jackson didn't like techno music at all."

Regarding the newly remixed version, Jerkins recalled Jackson's views on the style of music used:

"Michael Jackson didn't like techno music at all."
but guess what? I like it!
Trickys version to me is like an upgrade to Ushers eletronic sound in More/DJ Got Us Fallin' in Love

Tricky's mix just sounds like a generic EDM pop from 2010.

Timbaland's mix is more interesting, but "Slave to the Rhythm" just isn't a good song. The original sounds the most authentic, so I go with that.

God, no. Timbaland > demo > Bieber > Tricky
Gotta disagree. In my opinion, the demo would be a forgettable deep cut on a lesser artist’s album, much less a song given full vocals by MJ. The remixes at least give the song life, especially the Bieber one.

Back