The big Michael Jackson musical tribute thread

I really like this one, and I'm still wondering the source for it:

Straight forward punk covers:

At some point I was also thinking about a tribute album threads...

London Symphonic Orchestra plays Michael Jackson
I don't think that it's a random typo that they wrote London Synphonic Orchestra and not London Sympohonic Orchestra.
Some tracks are interesting (I mainly remember I liked One Day In You Life from this, and some other... perhaps Ben...) , but this whole album indeed sounds very "synthetic"...

Last edited:
f&m, this guy, Alain Clark is Dutch so you've probably already heard this. His cover of WYBT. Complete with a weird looking MJ doll (at least, I think that's what it is!) right in front of the camera!

3m 7s

Last edited:
" Fingerstyle guitar player from Russia 🐻
Artistic Director Russian Fingerstyle Festival "Mr.Guitar Festival" "

Alexandr Misco
"Touring artist, composer, teacher ...
In 2018, Alex was named the “Guitarist of the Year” at the prestigious UK Guitar Show. He has played notable concerts with fingerstyle legends including Jon Gomm, Mike Dawes, Luca Stricagnoli, Thomas Leeb and many others in his global tours.

Since 2016 he has released 6 albums and been actively performing around the globe with solo shows, teaching, recording."

Igor Presnyakov

Last edited:

Peter Bence. Listed in the Guinness Book of Records. The fastest pianist.

Harrysong, Lyanya, Praiz, Thembisile Ntaka, Kurt Darren, Tiwa Savage, Mafikizolo (duet), Emma Nyra, Diamond, Gigi Lamayme, D'Prince, Reecado Banks, Di'Ja, Victor Pedro, Elvis Blue, Sfiso Ncwane,Yemi Alade, MXO, Banky W, pastor Jabu Hlongwane, Thandiswa Mazwai, Sean Tizzle, Donald, Khava Mthethva, Dr. Sid, Mosa, Steve Kekana, Ziyon, Melly Mel , G.P.B (duet), LyM-C, Emmy Gee, RazorKutt, Moneoa, Kelly Khumalo,Patoranking, Thaiwnda, Thailand, PJ Powers, Gabriela, Liz Ogumbo, Kcee, Danny K, Iceberg, Wax Dey, Lloyd Cele,Mathew Gold, Don Jazzy, Loyiso, Zamo, Lizha James, RJ Benjamin,
Joyous Celebration (Band), Mahotella Queens(Band) etc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Justin Bieber, NicoleScherzinger, Jennifer Hudson, Jennifer Nettles
Josh Groban, Tony Bennett
Mary J. Blige, Toni Braxton
Janet Jackson, Barbra Streisand
Miley Cyrus, Enrique Iglesias
Jamie Foxx, Wyclef Jean, Adam Levine, Pink, BeBe Winans, Usher, Celine Dion,
Orianthi, Fergie, Nick Jonas, Mary Mary,
T.I., Isaac Slade, Carlos Santana, Lil Wayne, Akon,T-Pain, LL Cool J,will.i.am, Snoop Dogg, Nipsey Hussle,
Busta Rhymes, Swizz Beatz, Kid Cudi,
Iyaz, Mann, Kanye West etc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Juanes, Ricky Martin, José Feliciano
Vicente Fernández, Luis Enrique
Romeo Santos, Pee Wee, Belinda
José Luis Rodríguez, Banda El Recodo
Shakira,Thalía,Jenni Rivera,Tito El Bambino, Kany García, Luis Fonsi,Jon Secada, Willy Chirino, Lissette,Ana Bárbara, Gilberto Santa Rosa,
Juan Luis Guerra, David Archuleta,
Cristian Castro, Ednita Nazario,
Paquita la del Barrio, Ricardo Montaner
Gloria Estefan, Luis Miguel, Chayanne
Olga Tañón, Natalia Jiménez,Paulina Rubio, Nicky Jam, Melina León, Pitbull
Taboo, Daddy Yankee etc.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Luciano Pavarotti and friends

Last edited:
Culture Collie, Absolute, King Banton, Jango, Cherell Rosegreen, Jah T, Menny More, Ras Attitude,
Lee Kelly, Colin Roach, Purple, Empress Lace, Ian Sweetness, Perfect Giddimani, Fyah Blaze and Peter Pan:rolleyes:.

Last edited:
I find something about this entire thing incredibly endearing lol
I agree although, ngl, I couldn't make it all the way to the end. Well, I did but only by skipping through it. I don't think it's brilliant but it is kind of lovely. In it's own little way.

I agree although, ngl, I couldn't make it all the way to the end.
Oh, of course not lol. Me either 😂

Well, I did but only by skipping through it.
I bowed out around 7 minutes in. What is it about this video that begs to be abandoned?

I don't think it's brilliant but it is kind of lovely. In it's own little way.
It's lovely in a wholesome kind of way that I will probably never revisit but I am very happy that it exists! haha

Vocal Fry doing an acappella medley of Michael songs.

I love this and especially love the fact that they are Asian (here in the UK, Asian = from India). I know they love Michael in India but it's wonderful to see it.

"An A Cappella tribute to the King of Pop, commemorating his 58th birthday anniversary, performed and recorded by IITMadras' very own A Cappella team, 'Vocal Fry';in collaboration with Media Club IITM."

6m 16s

@Agonum - I have no idea if they are using vocal fry in their performance or if that just happens to be the name of the group.

Vocal Fry doing an acappella medley of Michael songs.

I love this and especially love the fact that they are Asian (here in the UK, Asian = from India). I know they love Michael in India but it's wonderful to see it.

"An A Cappella tribute to the King of Pop, commemorating his 58th birthday anniversary, performed and recorded by IITMadras' very own A Cappella team, 'Vocal Fry';in collaboration with Media Club IITM."

6m 16s

@Agonum - I have no idea if they are using vocal fry in their performance or if that just happens to be the name of the group.

There’s some subtle vocal fries from the girl singing lead on ABC and Blame it on the Boogie.

Nice group. They look like they are having a good time.

Aha! AHA!!! I heard it but wasn't sure bc it's all so new to me.

I thought it was a lovely performance. They handled the material well, imo.
The worst part about vocal fry, is that the kids tend to do it while speaking! There, you will typically find it applied to the last word in a phrase. And once you’ve noticed it, it’ll soon start to grind your gears.

@filmandmusic

This doesn't really fit your criteria. The ballet dancers in this video aren't really dancing to Billie Jean, it's just a fan-made, nicely edited video. I love it.

5m 4s

Last edited:
Don't know where to put this and it's far too soon to be posting it but ... whatever!

Can You Feel It: A Tribute to Michael Jackson on the Pavilion Stage on Sunday, June 4, featuring several surprise musical guests!

@Maxym

My first posts in this thread are all tribute albums so there is no need for a separate thread

Bruno and Mars Ucher

Last edited:
„гр.Made in KZ - это симбиоз мировых хитов,бархатного вокала и векового звучания домбры! Наша миссия заключается в том,чтобы познакомить мир с казахским фольклором,пропагандировать национальные ценности и идеологию Казахского народа!”
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Dimach Quidaibergen
Probably the most famous Kazakh singer

Last edited:
Back