The Estate's Five Project Ideas for 2013 - What's Your Favorite?

The Estate's Five Project Ideas for 2013 - Pick YOUR Favorite!

• A Blu-Ray release of Jackson's July 2009 memorial service

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I wanted it too, but not this way. I believe that too. But I would rather if they released Live CD Unedited 2CD's without DVD. And when they find the masters or film reels then release the DVD. Not this way. They just wanted to put something out for Bad25 just because they were given high quality audio.

No because then fans would have been even more disappointed. Birchey really hyped us up throughout 2011 with the Wembley campaign, talking about how the estate had high quality audio of the concerts and a Blu-ray release was likely. Even though it wasn't the first campaign I'm sure it was one of the main reasons why the estate pursued Wembley. But they just couldn't find the masters. If they decided only to put out the album the fans would have complained about it. I'd rather have it in 7/10 quality than not have it at all.

Remaining project possibilities (IMO):

- MJ ONE accompanying release
- album of URM (unreleased material)
- OTW 35
- Dangerous 25
- The making of Thriller Blu Ray (maybe as a Halloween special with accompanying Ghosts Blu Ray)

I have a question: Has the Dangerous Tour been shot on film? At least one concert? Because that's what they should release. DWT in Blu-Ray.

Possibilities would be: Munich, Bangkok, Oviedo, Mexico & Buenos Aires! to get confirmed information you would need to contact the film director and/or Nocturne Productions. As for the Bad Tour I would say, Tokyo Red shirt, Osaka, March 88 show, Wembley July 14/15th & 16th and maybe L.A 89' too! HIStory Tour: Munich of course, Copenhagen is a possibility, any other's are unknown, 30th Anniversary: Both shows exist in HD! Destiny Tour: Possibly Los Angeles Triumph Tour: Los Angeles Victory Tour: Patrick Kelley filmed this tour, at least 3 exist maybe more! they just need to be found.

It is not from film. It doesn't look like that.

What do u mean its not on film???? they recorded it on camera :huh:......then they released it on dvd a few years ago . So technically it is on film

What do u mean its not on film???? they recorded it on camera :scratchhead:......then they released it on dvd a few years ago . So technically it is on film

It was recorded but not by film cameras. I think that is what he meant. Bucharest concert was recorded on tape, not on film reels:

http://citelighter-cards.s3.amazonaws.com/p17286hqgt11o61ru3tpo1doj1qpn0_69758.jpg

Film is higher quality than tape and it can be HD. From my understanding tape(like VHS) can't. This is film quality:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-iPyiNolcY (remember HD)

:)

My choice would be either new studio album or album of duets. It depends on the intended audience.

If the project is for all of Michael’s fans, then I think new studio album is what most fans want. If it is about strengthening Michael’s legacy, then a duet album may be effective. (Song choice and artist choice are critical)

There is a whole generation of young kids who do not know the extent to which MJ influenced Justin Beiber and all the other young artists out there. Of course they know Billie J and Thriller, but by having MJ duet with some of these newer artist you can put clips of Michael into videos showing some of his lesser known work or even his concerts. Kids might be surprised to see that the moves their favorite singer is doing today, Michael was doing in the 90’s.

I think one of the most important jobs that the estate has is to build Michael’s legacy for future generations.

Personally, I’ll be happy with whatever shows Michael happy.

I really don´t think the estate have plans to release Michael´s memorial .
They have footage from This is it,there are Ghosts,classical album etc

New album with songs as they were left remastered

Is there a point in writing here our wishes regarding a new release? They are going to release what they want, and it will be a catastrophe. It may seem a paradox, but maybe it would be better for Michael's legacy if they don't release anything at all.

The estate is starting to come around and realize that even if sales aren't phenomenal it's better to release what the fans want. If you look at Bad 25, they delivered six songs completely untouched along with the Wembley concert we petitioned for. And this is just to make a note of what we want and to discuss our ideas. :)

A 3D release of Jackson's 1996-97 HIStory World Tour

3D?
tumblr_min1azEQq71r116s7o1_400.gif
:wild:

Gold Pants! :shifty: :naughty: >>>
MICHAEL-michael-jackson-12950190-320-180.gif
:p

It was recorded but not by film cameras. I think that is what he meant. Bucharest concert was recorded on tape, not on film reels:

http://citelighter-cards.s3.amazonaws.com/p17286hqgt11o61ru3tpo1doj1qpn0_69758.jpg

Film is higher quality than tape and it can be HD. From my understanding tape(like VHS) can't. This is film quality:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-iPyiNolcY (remember HD)

:)

Ohhh ok thanks for explaining i thought it was like filmed on videocamera anyway

For the ones who want released The Victory Tour, we already have Yokohama 87 and it's almost the same show but significantly improved on Michael vocals, music dancing, props, Michael is fully THE STAR and it had Bad songs instead of Jermaine's. I don't see the point honestly...

'A Blu-Ray release of Jackson's July 2009 memorial service' - Did I read that right ??

If i wanted a 3D version of Munich i would do it to my own Bluray copy right now in Sony Vegas, its easy. So releasing it would be a bad idea but i would DIE to see something 3D (and i mean a real show, not This Is It rehearsal) in theaters from Michael. Watching it on my PC or TV is great too much in theaters its so different, id take all my buddies and feel like at an actual show, i can scream n cheer MJ on, it would be so fun lol. I dont know about the master tape quality from other HIStory shows, but if they ever announce a Gothenburg or Copenhagen in 3D Bluray quality for the theaters i would start throwing money at my computer screen lol

i want a new album with unreleased songs esp 'slave to the rhythm'!!!!!!!!!!!

How many of you would be disappointed if we got a 12 Track album of half leaked and half unheard of material? Some songs haven't leaked in full yet so depending on what songs they do choose I wouldn't mind. Maybe they could do a regular and a deluxe album. Add 4 or 5 tracks to. I want people to hear songs like Blue Gangsta, A Place With No Name, Slave To The Rhythm and Joy among others.

How many of you would be disappointed if we got a 12 Track album of half leaked and half unheard of material? Some songs haven't leaked in full yet so depending on what songs they do choose I wouldn't mind. Maybe they could do a regular and a deluxe album. Add 4 or 5 tracks to. I want people to hear songs like Blue Gangsta, A Place With No Name, Slave To The Rhythm and Joy among others.

Twelve tracks and six of them are unheard? I don't like it. I probably would only buy the six new songs on iTunes. On a twelve track album one to three previously leaked/released songs are fine.

AlwaysThere I remember you saying that before. Trust me if I could pick and choose I'd have all unheard of songs. But we know that estate would never do that.

A new studio album of previously unreleased material is a cool idea, it would be more beter with an unrealesed HD concert (BAD tour or Dangerous Tour)

Because sony signed a deal with the estate to distribute his back catalogue until 2017. Wouldn't only make sense that they will release almost every or every single unreleased song before that date because they will want to try and make as much money as possible?

Because sony signed a deal with the estate to distribute his back catalogue until 2017. Wouldn't only make sense that they will release almost every or every single unreleased song before that date because they will want to try and make as much money as possible?

No, it wouldn't make sense. Then there'd be no more money to be made from Michael Jackson after 2017. We'll be drip-fed unreleased tracks for years to come. They are in no rush. A new deal will be negotiated when the current one runs out.

No, it wouldn't make sense. Then there'd be no more money to be made from Michael Jackson after 2017. We'll be drip-fed unreleased tracks for years to come. They are in no rush. A new deal will be negotiated when the current one runs out.

oh right thanks :)

Obviously the 1st choice is a winner for me, I'd love to hear more unreleased material. I'm sure there's more masterpieces we've got yet to hear. That makes me excited and also someone mentioned the Making of Thriller, that IMO sounds way better than the other options that are listed here... the memorial release is almost an insult to his legacy and to family and fans... just the worst, along with the "duets" idea, I cringe thinking about the possible choices they could come up with, NO THANK YOU.

Of the choices given, the first one is a pretty obvious winner. But a Blu-ray release of either Ghosts or an early Dangerous concert would be equally great, if not better. Not sure if any Dangerous concerts were filmed though.

Back