The Michael Jackson Chart Watch

Imagine where he'll be sitting after the biopic. So much for cancelling, hey Dan Reed, Oprah and Wade and the rest of you filthy scoundrels.

𝕜𝕩
@kxthrills
·
2h

Michael Jackson’s most streamed daily songs on Spotify ! Billie Jean surpass 1 million/daily ->23 songs over 100k/daily ->Total Daily: 8,407,897 (*New record this year*) ->Total Overall: 13,695,408,114
A few nice surprised there. I am surprised Chicago has the kind of reach to find itself so high on the list. Good to see some later-career stuff get some shine, with TDCAU at 11, YRMW at 18. Dont Matter To Me at 20 - a fairly average song but a bit of Drake helps it get some exposure. I wouldn't mind having Drake involved on any future posthumous releases, he's huge and he's a massive Michael Jackson fan who has always respected the King of Pop (even when it was considered uncool).

I'd like to see Who Is It creep up the charts. Has to be the (if not one of) the most underrated songs Mike ever did, along with Stranger in Moscow which is criminally underrated.

Imagine where he'll be sitting after the biopic. So much for cancelling, hey Dan Reed, Oprah and Wade and the rest of you filthy scoundrels.

A few nice surprised there. I am surprised Chicago has the kind of reach to find itself so high on the list. Good to see some later-career stuff get some shine, with TDCAU at 11, YRMW at 18. Dont Matter To Me at 20 - a fairly average song but a bit of Drake helps it get some exposure. I wouldn't mind having Drake involved on any future posthumous releases, he's huge and he's a massive Michael Jackson fan who has always respected the King of Pop (even when it was considered uncool).

I'd like to see Who Is It creep up the charts. Has to be the (if not one of) the most underrated songs Mike ever did, along with Stranger in Moscow which is criminally underrated.
i know im so excited! i cant wait for him to be even more popular!

I know this is a bit random but I just read that One More Chance hit number 5 in the UK on release. Pretty crazy given the allegations that came out the very day it was released. The UK has consistently been Mike's best fanbase
It's just a number, sales numbers were likely very low and there was probably also not a lot of competition that week. I assume these sales came from the die hard fan base mostly. It spend just 3 weeks in the top 40, after the nr 5 debut it dropped like a stone.

Some songs peak lower but spend over 10 weeks in the top 20, these songs have had a much bigger impact.

dropped down to 76 on spotify. also how do you check how many followers someone has on spotify (not monthly listeners)? someone told me before and i couldnt find it but i didnt want to bother them 😅

Last edited:
dropped down to 76 on spotify :( also how do you check how many followers someone has on spotify (not monthly listeners)? someone told me before and i couldnt find it but i didnt want to bother them 😅
How does that rank among other 80s, 90s and legacy artists?

How does that rank among other 80s, 90s and legacy artists?
Queen at 45 and Madonna at 57 (no idea why she is booming, she wasn’t even on the chart for most of last year)

Most other legends (Bowie, Springsteen, George Michael etc) are between 300 and 500. Though Mariah Carey is very high too at 153 and Whitney Houston at 215

And not what you asked and not really “competition” but Fleetwood Mac at 115 and The Beatles at 102, Rolling Stones 160, Metallica 208, Nirvana 136 are very high too

I wish there was a site that posted the actual chart without me needing to type in each artist and scroll down for their place.

Back