The Michael Jackson Chart Watch

𝕜𝕩
@kxthrills

Michael Jackson’s most streamed daily songs on Spotify !
1. Billie Jean: 1,156,090
2. Beat It: 775,658
3. Rock with You: 567,061 (record)
4. Smooth Criminal: 406,905
5. Chicago: 384,722
6. Thriller: 285,303
7. Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough: 240,171
8. The Way You Make Me Feel: 239,062
9. P.Y.T: 231,709
10. Remember the Time: 221,193 ->
Total daily: 8,176,726 ->Total overall: 13,971,567,309

Old info - joined 22 June 2005 - 176,664, 690

New info
GJed26kXIAAmoN3

The yearly countdown to the 500 greatest albums of all time ended today (as voted by the audience) and the results for Michael are mixed but ultimately good.

Last year Thriller finished nr 7, Bad nr 119 and Off The Wall somewhere between 400 and 500 (I forgot)

This year Michael has 4 albums in the list while Thriller and Bad had a significant drop we welcome a big jump for Off The Wall and a newcomer with Dangerous!

- Thriller nr 27
- Bad nr 146
- Off The Wall 203
- Dangerous 242

Good to see Dangerous is still on (some) people’s minds afterall! Last year I had voted Dangerous in my top 5 and Thriller at nr 1 this year I didn’t pick Dangerous yet it made the list which is cool.

My top 5 was basically the same as last year (Conan The Barbarian replaced Dangerous)

1 Thriller
2 What’s Going On - Marvin Gaye
3 April - Sun Kil Moon
4 Conan The Barbarian OST - Basil Poledouris
5 Twilight Of The Gods - Bathory

The last 3 were not in the selection so I had to include them myself lol

Last edited:
The yearly countdown to the 500 greatest albums of all time ended today (as voted by the audience) and the results for Michael are mixed but ultimately good.

Last year Thriller finished nr 7, Bad nr 119 and Off The Wall somewhere between 400 and 500 (I forgot)

This year Michael has 4 albums in the list while Thriller and Bad had a significant drop we welcome a big jump for Off The Wall and a newcomer with Dangerous!

- Thriller nr 27
- Bad nr 146
- Off The Wall 203
- Dangerous 242

Good to see Dangerous is still on (some) people’s minds afterall! Last year I had voted Dangerous in my top 5 and Thriller at nr 1 this year I didn’t pick Dangerous yet it made the list which is cool.

My top 5 was basically the same as last year (Conan The Barbarian replaced Dangerous)

1 Thriller
2 What’s Going On - Marvin Gaye
3 April - Sun Kil Moon
4 Conan The Barbarian OST - Basil Poledouris
5 Twilight Of The Gods - Bathory

The last 3 were not in the selection so I had to include them myself lol
Rolling Stone is allergic from making good lists. Thriller and Bad should be higher. Also what about the top 500 songs?

Rolling Stone is allergic from making good lists. Thriller and Bad should be higher. Also what about the top 500 songs?
This is not from Rolling Stone but from an alternative radio station in Belgium, I don’t know why I didn’t post that initially.
It is actually an impressive result, the station has mellowed quite a bit but it started out as a rock station which can still be seen in this album list. This was the top 5:

1 Pearl Jam - Ten
2 Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon
3 Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
4 Radiohead - OK Computer
5 Nirvana - Nevermind

Take in mind that Thriller was nr 7 last year which surprised me enormously. Michael easily beats his direct competition like Stevie Wonder (2 albums) , Marvin Gaye (1 album), Madonna ( 2 albums), George Michael (2 albums) and he equals Prince who has 4 albums too.

This is not from Rolling Stone but from an alternative radio station in Belgium, I don’t know why I didn’t post that initially.
It is actually an impressive result, the station has mellowed quite a bit but it started out as a rock station which can still be seen in this album list. This was the top 5:

1 Pearl Jam - Ten
2 Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon
3 Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
4 Radiohead - OK Computer
5 Nirvana - Nevermind

Take in mind that Thriller was nr 7 last year which surprised me enormously. Michael easily beats his direct competition like Stevie Wonder (2 albums) , Marvin Gaye (1 album), Madonna ( 2 albums), George Michael (2 albums) and he equals Prince who has 4 albums too.
And the Prince thing can be seen, imo, in the context of the radio station having been mainly a rock station originally. Prince's stuff is predominantly pop rock, I would say. Of course, he did gospel and blues-y stuff as well but I think if people think about Prince it is songs with a rock edge that come to mind.

𝕜𝕩
@kxthrills

Michael Jackson’s most streamed monthly albums on Spotify ! *March 2024
1. Thriller: 83,127,382 (record)
2. Bad: 38,670,100 (record)
3. Off the Wall: 28,200,408 (record)

4. Xscape: 20,162,037
5. Dangerous: 18,895,554 (record)
6. HIStory (disc 2): 14,727,110 (record)
7. Invincible: 9,293,448 (record)

Back