The Offical 30 Anniversay Of Off The Wall

Yes, SonyBMG will release a "30th Anniversary Edition" of the classic Michael Jackson album OFF THE WALL around March 2009.

It will feature 1 CD + 1 DVD (with video footage) and includes 1 previously unreleased song from the original recording sessions plus some remixes (supposedly familiar material).

But don't expect a big promotion backup in the fashion of THRILLER 25.

(Please note that this is in no way an official statement)

i hope this true
trellmj

Thirty years. OTW is truley timeless.

TrellMJ...just gotta tellya, I also watched your MITM vid you have posted in your sig.
You get a big fat A for energy and another A for the obvious emotion you displayed.
And yes...I did sing along thru most of it.
Thanks for making me smile a big o'l smile. That was great! :D

thank u
omg
i feel gud
kan u comment on youtube
thank u
trellmj

Yes, SonyBMG will release a "30th Anniversary Edition" of the classic Michael Jackson album OFF THE WALL around March 2009.

It will feature 1 CD + 1 DVD (with video footage) and includes 1 previously unreleased song from the original recording sessions plus some remixes (supposedly familiar material).

But don't expect a big promotion backup in the fashion of THRILLER 25.

(Please note that this is in no way an official statement)
familiar material? Could that be "Sunset Driver"?-_- The DVD will probably be the Don't Stop Til You Get Enough and Rock With You videos, and if we're lucky, the She's Out Of My Life video

They should've contacted me. I could've come up with an awesome tracklisting :lol:

but time will tell:timer:

I'm working on an anniversary thread for OTW like the ones I did for Thriller and Bad

"Familiar material" actually refers to the remixes only ;)
ooooh thanks I had to re-read it

but what remixes? remixes from the original single releases? or brand new ones? If they're new, I would've liked to see

?uestlove and James Poyser and The Randy Watson Experience
The Wonderarts Society
Brook D'Leau
Nicolay
Sam Sparro
Sam Farrar
Mark Ronson
DJ Spinna

make somewhat new "extensions" of the original songs, similar to the Marvin Gaye remasters

I love Off The Wall, the single "Get On The Floor" is just sick. That is my getting ready to go out for drinks song, my workout song, and my I am going to ignore the world song..
Yea the song is one wicked, bad track. Can't get enough of it. I always play it several times at a time. Don't you love the part where he extends the word "love" as in "Luuuv the way you shake that thang, girl"?

As for the rumored OTW 30th anniversary album, what more can I say? Hope it's true. And then...around 3rd or 4th quarter of 2009, his new album comes out-the best scenario ever!

I go back and forth with whether OTW is my fav. MJ album or Thriller. The title track & Rock With You are my 2 top favs. on this album. I love the way his first three albums make me feel :)

Yea the song is one wicked, bad track. Can't get enough of it. I always play it several times at a time. Don't you love the part where he extends the word "love" as in "Luuuv the way you shake that thang, girl"?

As for the rumored OTW 30th anniversary album, what more can I say? Hope it's true. And then...around 3rd or 4th quarter of 2009, his new album comes out-the best scenario ever!
I do!!!!!!! :yes:
:punk:

Already posted in the tabloid section.

It is NOT official!! - So don't get your hopes up.

But only one new song ?? crap!

Last edited by a moderator:
Already posted in the tabloid section.

It is NOT official!! - So don't get your hopes up.

But only one new song ?? crap!

why thank you, but I know it's not official.
I thought it was one of those petitions......oh well

actually I'll just get rid of it as to not cause any arguments, or oppositions...

Off the wall

Orignal
Forever
Fanstatic

Terrific
Heven listen (lol)
Engarful (lol)

Wonderfull
Awesome
Long gud assssss ablum LOL
Long number one hits (lol

words to describe off the wall

If they do release a 30th Anniversary Edition, I hope they restore the original LP artwork and include the original mixes of "Rock With You" and "Get On The Floor" either as bonus tracks or as the main mixes.

I got a record player for Christmas and I love the original mix of RWY, I really wish it was available on CD.

Also, The DVD should include clips of the Triumph tour, if not a whole show. It would be awesome to have that in crisp, clear, DVD quality.

familiar material? Could that be "Sunset Driver"?-_- The DVD will probably be the Don't Stop Til You Get Enough and Rock With You videos, and if we're lucky, the She's Out Of My Life video

They should've contacted me. I could've come up with an awesome tracklisting :lol:

but time will tell:timer:

I totaly agree with you.

I hope DSTYGE Live from Truimph Tour will be on DVD also.

If they do release a 30th Anniversary Edition, I hope they restore the original LP artwork and include the original mixes of "Rock With You" and "Get On The Floor" either as bonus tracks or as the main mixes.

I got a record player for Christmas and I love the original mix of RWY, I really wish it was available on CD.

Also, The DVD should include clips of the Triumph tour, if not a whole show. It would be awesome to have that in crisp, clear, DVD quality.

yea i agree
hell yea
but it pro wont happen
thats a nice idea
trellmj

No more Thrillers Give space to Off The Wall the real MJ masterpiece !

I have the mp3s of this, its out on the torrent sites as a japanese special issue.

yes you have bad normal version and bad extended mix with "false fade".

off the wall gets you going have great beats to it feels like you're have party everyday :yes: :party: is one of my fav albums but i like all has albums :yes: :heart:

something strange with black or white on the 3rd cd :S

That's because the Amazon listing does not provide any details.

On Disc 3 is

"Black Or White [The Clivillés & Cole House/Club Mix]" (7:37 min)
*originally released back in 1991*

;)

Yeah I did google search for this release and I saw it at other sites. Is this still the only CD where I can finf the complete Carousel verison????

Back