The origin of 'Shamone' Revealed?

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date
I also wanted to add in that letters are also used often in parts of a song to create a rhythemic repition on its own.. our ears are aware of the rhythems without our brains really focusing on them.. for example..

Listen to this human nature from .10-.31 how often you here an 'S' sound.. if you were able to here just the 'S' sounds alone it would create a rhythem.. then the next section he switches to 'T' sounds from .32-.51 even when he says "four WALLS wont hold me tonight" he throws in an upgrupt sound to create that "t" sounding effect.. i mean it will continue too when he starts singing the next section of "Reaching out" that whole little section has "R" sounds all throughout, and so on.. its like this in most of his music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ki5_2-qBSTg..

much more thought goes into a production then some people think..

More obviously then actuall letters, the way things are sung in rhythem to create a sound, like in dirty Diana 2:40 -2:55 every 11th and 12th sylable has a rough sound. " again to create a pattern.. "she said I have to go home cuz i'm real TI-RED you see.. But I hate sleeping alone why don't you COME WITH me" and so on until the strings come in and he gets agressive through the whole vocal section.. listen I love it :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dC4cTYTl29M

:bow: KOPV Thank you for writing all that out. I love reading about all the work that goes into songs, so this was a real treat for me to read — and informative too.

Well, why don't you follow your own advice and tell me at what point I said anything against the woman? If you had taken the time to read instead of rushing to insult me you would have seen that I was outraged by the question asked about the money part.

By the way, your parents surely did a good job educating you how to be impolite.

Bumping this to appologize to you for my random outburst.I was very stressed out when I wrote it but thats no excuse.Jeez...I was quite harsh.

"Good artists copy, but great artists steal." -Pablo Picasso

Michael was a HUGE Staples fan when he was growing up. I'm sure he was influenced...I'm also sure that she didn't just bring this up, she was asked and so she answered. EVERYONE isn't out to get Michael, ya know..sheesh. She was joking!

I always thought he got it from Mavis. Listen to the song and you can easily hear it.

Word!

Cmon people i dont think her masterplan is to get some fame by claiming "Shamone" as from her -.- :)

not before it is comfiremed by :heart:Michael, i can't believe it sorry!
happyno.gif

not before it is comfiremed by :heart:Michael, i can't believe it sorry!
happyno.gif
All you have to do is listen to some of The Staples Sisters' songs and you can believe it lol

Michael got the Hee hee's and other vocal signatures from Stevie Wonder and Grace Jones. He never "confirmed" it but knowing his taste in music and who inspired him, you'll know...

MY OPINION: Mavis Staple sounds to me more like saying -chamone [emphasize on CH], MJJ's is more shamone [emphasize on SH].
MJJ's shamone to me sounded "show me more" pronounced very fast, but Mavis's chamone sounded to me like "come on". As far as another song mama si mama cusa, was taken from the singer Manu Dibango, and MJJ had to pay him in 2007 because he got sued. Even though MJJ's words are not exactly pronounced as in the song Soul Makassa, but still the rendition is too similar. Mavis is a legend of her own, she deserves respect and admiration. One thing I was surprised that MJJ and Mavis weren't invited in inauguration, and their names omit in the prestigious event of 33rd annual Kennedy Center Honors. [The awards is given to people who have contributed to the filed of arts in American culture witnessed veteran people from different fields of arts in 2010]. But that is different story.

Michael was like a sponge soaking up knowledge on everything artistic. It's the press who likes to use "he stole" from this and that.

He was influenced by a lot of people because he grew up in the business. While some of you guys on here are very hypersensitive towards others who says something about MJ, it's justified because of everything he went through, people taking his title, media making him into something he wasn't, accusations, lawsuits, just a bunch of BS.

I would rather look at this the way Michael looked at it, give respect where respect is due to the pioneers.

If you get offended by people talking about what MJ "stole" from them, keep this in mind, nothing is original but the greatest comes into play when the person who does something, it becomes their very own. He didn't invent the backslide/moonwalk, but people know that move because of MJ.

Same thing with the spin move, that's been around for years, but nobody could spin like MJ.

Back