The small moments you love

Sorry to keep banging on about this but I didn't pay enough attention to this specific bit. Yes, I love the way he handles the mike generally. He is a master at it. But this specific thing, the exact moment he takes the mike off the stand? It is way beyond 'swagger', imo. I don't have a word for it. All I can say is, the number of times I've done a rewind just to watch him remove the mike.
I could not possibly agree more with all of this. With @SmoothCriminal1995's original comment about it and your response (and your response to your response lol). I have absolutely rewound the moment he takes the mic off the stand in the Wembley performance of TWYMMF many times. He slips it off and then immediately does this lean and His Curls™ 🥵 fall to the side and the swagger is just 💯. I would welcome hell to swallow me into its pits just to enjoy that moment on loop for eternity. Not sure why that would be the trade off. Point is, I'm addicted to TWHMMF

It's the way he can do it mid-performance - which sounds ridiculous, I know. He's been doing it since he was a kid. Of course he can do it mid-performance, lol.
It's not ridiculous. How many people have been performing for decades, but remove a mic from a stand, like it is just a mic and a stand and like life is meaningless and we are all going to die someday, which is of course true, but none of that matters when you are watching Michael remove a mic from a stand 😂

But he def has ... um, do you know what? I'd better stop. This is going to turn into an essay, I can feel it. :ROFLMAO:
But, like, I want this essay. What is wrong with me? lol

The way he does it in Things I Do For You ... 😲
WOMAN PLEASE!!

I always get goosebumps with the yeah yeah’s in “one more chance”. It is strangely one of my most played MJ songs.

I also love how he unwinds himself from the cord when he spins during the J5 days, sometimes he also tosses the mic in the air, spins and picks it up again without missing a beat obviously.
And of course billie jean, every little movement he makes with his hands, arms, head etc it is all part of the choreo and you wouldn’t know if you haven’t seen dozens of those performances.

The-way-you-make-me-feel-michael-jackson-music-videos-12057038-300-240.gif

I love this moment in TWYMMF, it's one Mike's most slick moves ever and the fact that it's on beat is just wild.
Mike was so cool during the Bad era

See Zinnia Michael doesn’t realize… “I wish we could trash it” so why doesn’t it happen? Is he thinking “my fans won’t like this side of me”? He held himself back!

If only I could have met him so I could talk him into a doing a piano night or a special performance of someone in the dark especially for me 😂

I would literally bombard him with music questions 🤓

See Zinnia Michael doesn’t realize… “I wish we could trash it” so why doesn’t it happen?
We'll never know. Stupid journalists not asking the right questions. Michael being so bruised by media coverage and being so guarded. But also a bit too hung up on the idea of 'mystique'. As if he needed that rubbish. He already was endlessly fascinating just by being himself. He didn't need to create a false 'mystique'. He already had it all.

Anyway, I'm whining bc I'm frustrated by it all. The energy and wildness is there in him. Slash knew it was there.

Is he thinking “my fans won’t like this side of me”?
But his fan base was so huge. Why assume that the fans have a hive mind? Be brave, Michael. We love you. Endlessly. You can let go a little bit and we'll be right there with you.

He held himself back!
He did. Idk why. :(

If only I could have met him so I could talk him into a doing a piano night or a special performance of someone in the dark especially for me 😂
I would literally bombard him with music questions 🤓
This is my fantasy. Not bombarding him. I'd go easy on the guy but I would get my result. It might take time. I'm patient. I won't rush him but we'll get there.

Ah well. It's a lovely fantasy. But that's all it is. :cry:

People love to focus on the big moments about MJ, but what are the small moments you enjoy?
When I saw MJ in some of his better disguises, they were great.

The quiet bit of Smooth criminal video where they go all primal and 'freestyle' before breaking out into the song again is one of the coolest things I've seen. A bit later that is spoiled by the unrealistically-delivered dialogue by the kids, but you can't have it all.

MJ was an incredibly talented / skilled PAINTER. When I found out I almost lost my mind how great his works were.

I dont know if i replied to this,.. probably

When he goes " More?" to Phil Collins after Phil presents him with a lifetime award.
:) :')
It's strange how Phil and Mike look to be the same height there. Phil is 5'6 and Michael is 5'9.

Oh boy. So many to choose from! Where to start?

"He can suck my socks...". First time you hear it, it's hilarious!

Beat It Seoul: He is pumped and forgets the lyrics: "You wouldn't just a doggone!". Kills me everytime!

Billie Jean Tokyo: "Mother always told me, smell of sweet perfume!" - For some reason it works, but I always starts giggling. It made the performance special in my opinion. Also, before the breakdown, he walks to the other side of the stage and crosses his arms and stands still for a couple of seconds. I just love his humor there!

Shake Your Body Down To The Ground - Bad Tour: This song is a goldmine of goodies. I particularly like from the Osaka Performance:"You can turn the houselights off, okay? The spot. Ok, that's fine... Oww!" *buuump buuump*. But my favorite is from someone else than Michael.
Tokyo 1987: "But I'm crazy, nobody listens to me!". Just a shame the clip is so blurry we can't really see Michael's reaction.

Fall Again Demo: That's coAuAoULL...

Billie Jean Dangerous Tour Rehearsals: "..that was interesting! ...Aaah am the one!". Also the conversation between Ortega ("Can it get any FASTER??") to which there is a long pause and Ortega hesitantly responds "We will work on that..." and the subsequent beatbox to which the band responds in awe and wonder "That's amazing!". Another funny moment is when Michael coaches the woman in TWYMMF-performance. It's funny hearing Michael shout "HEY! WHOA!" and being in command while TALKING the lyrics! Seriously, the entire Dangerous Tour Rehearsal is a goldmine of funny moments.

Too Good To Be True (Toronto 1984) - Towards the end of the song he bites his lip and moves his finger back and forth. The entire performance is amazing and that particular moment is just the cherry on the top for me. And he's not even using a wireless mic!

Back