The Thriller Era

looks more like bad era 🤣🤣🤣:p:devilish: you can just post this fine pic everywhere to be sure ;)
I'm leaving it here so future MJJC peeps can look on in horror at the thought of someone (er, that'd be me, lol) making such a basic mistake.

It certainly is a fine pic and I do wanna see it just about everywhere. It's gorgeous.

Yeah, let's leave it here as warning for future fans. Too much Michaeling can turn your brain to mush. 🤪 Though Bad and Thriller are close, at least you did not mix Bad and Dangerous! That would have made you an immediate outcast 😝

PS: just kidding of course. I wish I had more time to spend on Michaeling, for now I will just have to make do with your wonderful posts.

Yeah, let's leave it here as warning for future fans. Too much Michaeling can turn your brain to mush. 🤪 Though Bad and Thriller are close, at least you did not mix Bad and Dangerous! That would have made you an immediate outcast 😝
Even with my brain still in Tik Tok mode I don't think I could *ever* confuse Dangerous Michael with any other era. That's my Michael. Rock Star Michael. Beautiful Michael.

OTW & Thriller era is Handsome Michael. Bad era is Pretty Michael. 1990's is Beautiful Michael.

PS: just kidding of course. I wish I had more time to spend on Michaeling, for now I will just have to make do with your wonderful posts.
I wish I could be as disciplined as you. I keep trying, keep on failing. Somewhere, out there in the heavens, Michael is laughing at my feeble attempts to reclaim my life.

OTW & Thriller era is Handsome Michael. Bad era is Pretty Michael. 1990's is Beautiful Michael.
oooh no, I disagree with this. Michael is handsome, pretty, and beautiful in ALL eras!

I think the "energy" is more what sets him apart in these eras.

OTW - classic/classy
Thriller - Cool AF
Bad - Sex God
Dangerous/HIStory - sensual AF (though there is definitely a distinct energy difference between Dangerous and HIStory too)

This is all I can contribute today lol

oooh no, I disagree with this. Michael is handsome, pretty, and beautiful in ALL eras!

I think the "energy" is more what sets him apart in these eras.

OTW - classic/classy
Thriller - Cool AF
Bad - Sex God
Dangerous/HIStory - sensual AF (though there is definitely a distinct energy difference between Dangerous and HIStory too)

This is all I can contribute today lol
Yeahh I think I agree with you more, hehe. 😜

Though I personally think he was still an, uh... oh 😳 Restraint, restraint... you-know-what God during the 90s. 😁 But it's a more matured form of it. Will discuss that elsewhere though LOL.

As for Mature Michael... Restraint aside, on a different forum they called him a DILF and, uh, I mean... 😳😍😅

Yeahh I think I agree with you more, hehe. 😜

Though I personally think he was still an, uh... oh 😳 Restraint, restraint... you-know-what God during the 90s. 😁 But it's a more matured form of it. Will discuss that elsewhere though LOL.
Well of course! But I also think he was incredibly sexy during OTW and Thriller, and incredibly sensual during Bad. So these energies are hardly exclusive! Just like the descriptors of how beautiful, handsome, pretty, etc he was. To me it all applies all the time, but there are different ruling energies.

As for Mature Michael... Restraint aside, on a different forum they called him a DILF and, uh, I mean... 😳😍😅
Let's be real, he became DILF Michael the moment Prince was born, and we never looked back lol

Also, side note on just how hilarious it is that 30-40 years after the fact, we are debating when he was more handsome vs. beautiful, sensual vs. sexual, sexy vs. pretty, etc. What a legacy this man left lol.

I think so too. Never said otherwise. He is all of those things at all times. But, for me, in each era there is one dominant word that sums up how I see him just that tiny bit better than the other two words. We're talking cigarette papers, people. You could barely fit a ciggie paper between them but the tiny difference is there.

That's what I was getting at.

I think so too. Never said otherwise. He is all of those things at all times. But, for me, in each era there is one dominant word that sums up how I see him just that tiny bit better than the other two words.
To be clear, I didn't mean to suggest meant any of these as truly exclusive descriptors of different eras. I just saw it as a way for me to (once again) bust through my various ways of defining each era (as if I need an excuse to do this, since I do it all the time, unprovoked lol). For whatever reason, discussing differences in eras and all our various interpretations of them is one of my favorite topics.

We're talking cigarette papers, people. You could barely fit a ciggie paper between them but the tiny difference is there.
OH, I like that description! Very true!

That's just your "I was just kidding"-defense, I see right through it. 😜
Actually, I'm dead serious about this. I do not identify as a fan. 🤷‍♀️

I'm not a fan but I love Michael very much. That's my story and I'm happy with it. I'm a simple soul.

Hiker is quite right. I spend stupid amounts of time trawling through the threads on here. Occasionally, I spare a nanosecond to wonder what on earth a therapist would make of it, lol. And then I get right back into it.

I really did spend 4 hours the other night looking at MJ Tik Tok videos. The good thing about TT is, it destroys your brain so the next day you can't even remember the existence of TT. And when you eventually do remember, you can't be arsed to go back to it. My TT moment has been and gone, I'm happy to say. :D

To be clear, I didn't mean to suggest meant any of these as truly exclusive descriptors of different eras. I just saw it as a way for me to (once again) bust through my various ways of defining each era (as if I need an excuse to do this, since I do it all the time, unprovoked lol). For whatever reason, discussing differences in eras and all our various interpretations of them is one of my favorite topics.
Oh sorry. I am really badly exhausted and stressed this week so I've done my usual thing of misinterpreting. I did think it was a bit weird that you would think I could only see, for example, OTW Michael as handsome and not also see him as beautiful and pretty and everything else that is delicious.

I am really, really tired. There will be Michael therapy happening later. I posted the wrong photo in the wrong thread. I decided this is god's way of telling me I've not been spending enough time with BWT 1987. I need to rectify that. It's unacceptable, lol. So that's what's happening.

Actually, I'm dead serious about this. I do not identify as a fan. 🤷‍♀️

I'm not a fan but I love Michael very much. That's my story and I'm happy with it. I'm a simple soul.

Hiker is quite right. I spend stupid amounts of time trawling through the threads on here. Occasionally, I spare a nanosecond to wonder what on earth a therapist would make of it, lol. And then I get right back into it.

I really did spend 4 hours the other night looking at MJ Tik Tok videos. The good thing about TT is, it destroys your brain so the next day you can't even remember the existence of TT. And when you eventually do remember, you can't be arsed to go back to it. My TT moment has been and gone, I'm happy to say. :D
I was half-joking myself when I made that post, ironically lol. I've seen prior posts where you've said similar things. But I do think you and I have different standards regarding what being a "fan" entails; because according to mine, you'd definitely be one, especially given the amount of time you seem to spend on Michael-related things. That's just me though. 😁 But it's not my call at the end of the day, of course.

Now, if people were to call me a "stan", that's when I get offended. Back in my day, that was not a positive term, and I still don't see it as such even now. I don't "stan" anyone, not even Michael. But just a fan? Absolutely.

Oh sorry. I am really badly exhausted and stressed this week so I've done my usual thing of misinterpreting. I did think it was a bit weird that you would think I could only see, for example, OTW Michael as handsome and not also see him as beautiful and pretty and everything else that is delicious.
Oh, never! Tbf, I worded it dramatically (because I am dramatic) but I would never mean to imply that's how you or any of us see Michael! So my apologies for the confusion :)

I posted the wrong photo in the wrong thread. I decided this is god's way of telling me I've not been spending enough time with BWT 1987.
LOL I pray for a day when your BWT 1987 madness will return once again because it is truly the best of times for my Bad-obsessed brain!

I need to rectify that. It's unacceptable, lol. So that's what's happening.
yay!! Bless you. Good luck lol.

Now, if people were to call me a "stan", that's when I get offended. Back in my day, that was not a positive term, and I still don't see it as such even now. I don't "stan" anyone, not even Michael. But just a fan? Absolutely.
oh man, as a person obsessed with the nuance of language, now I want to do a study on how all of us define our relationship with/to Michael. For me, I have no problem with the term "stan" because if it captures my obsessive, ridiculous. maniacal love for him, I am down with whatever anyone calls me, no shame, no concern lol. But I also have no associations with that term until becoming an MJ fan because despite being a fan of lots of different artists, I never spent any time in fan communities. I never really saw people use that term until recently, so I don't have any positive or negative associations with it. It sort of just makes me laugh, actually, because I think my level of love for MJ is freakish and needs to be studied itself lol. I guess the same goes for the word "fan" with me. It's not something I feel one way or another about.

Although come to think of it... when I first started watching Michael and found myself unable to stop, I "confessed" to my husband "I think I"m becoming obsessed with Michael Jackson." And he said something to the degree of, "Oh, so you're a fan now?" And I shouted "No! Of course not!" and in retrospect, I have no idea why I became defensive. Like I said, I had already considered myself a fan of several other artists, so it's not like I didn't identify with the term or something. Of course now, I am an uber fan. I told my father recently "Michael is in my heart" and he just stared at me like he was envisioning me in a straight jacket.

Actually, have you ever seen the movie "10 Things I Hate About You"? In it, there is a character obsessed with Shakespeare and someone says to her, "I know you're a fan of Shakespeare" and she rolls her eyes and goes, "I'm not a fan...we're involved" and if that doesn't sum up how I feel about Michael, nothing does lol.

Oh, never! Tbf, I worded it dramatically (because I am dramatic) but I would never mean to imply that's how you or any of us see Michael! So my apologies for the confusion :)
Cool. 🙂

LOL I pray for a day when your BWT 1987 madness will return once again because it is truly the best of times for my Bad-obsessed brain!
Exactly! Where did BWT 1987 go? I think it was self-preservation, actually. I really do. I mean, I have an air fryer in the kitchen (ooh, does lovely scones - er, that's biscuits to you, lol) but that's hardly relevant. I came across one of my top fave gifs the other day - Michael touching his hair and ... well, that was the moment.

You know where I'm going to start, don't you?

Osaka. Gotta be Osaka.

@staywild23 To avoid making my post too long (as I'm wont to do LOL): Well, given the origins of the term "stan" (i.e. a fan so obsessed they stalk, threaten, harass etc. the person they idolize, as well as other fans if they don't like them) it just gives me a bad taste in my mouth, especially with how "stan" communities tend to behave online. Cancelling left and right, trash talking other artists for no reason other than that they aren't fans of them, stalking their idols online and IRL, death threats, trying to have them break up with their partner/spouse because of sheer jealousy... That's not me, and will never be me. And yes, there are Michael Jackson fans like this, too; we're too mature for all that, but not everyone else is, sadly. Especially on Twitter I just don't partake in fan spaces (it's why mine isn't linked here). I've had nightmares about this sorta thing... it's not pretty.

ANYWAY that's all LOL might look for pictures sometime soon, let's bring more positivity instead. 😁🥰

'CAUSE THIS IS THRILLEEEEER
THRILLER NIGHT
michael-jackson-thriller.gif

you and me both, I am totally lost in all the picutures and discussions everywhere! I think I need to take tomorrow off from work to catchup :love:

you and me both, I am totally lost in all the picutures and discussions everywhere! I think I need to take tomorrow off from work to catchup :love:
I am going to send myself to bed with a nice biscuit and a milky drink, lol.

I'm clearly not coping with all the mad rush of activity on the board. All I'm contributing is chaos and madness!

Since I was causing so much chaos on this thread yesterday (posting Bad era photos over here - as you do, lol) I might as well keep going. Yes, it's a picture thread but we are in T40 mode and are celebrating all things Thriller. So I wanna flag up this awesome interview I just read.

@Fuzball posted it over on the actual T40 thread but I wanna try to promote it as much as poss. It's AWESOME.

And a quote from the interview:

"Then, the Thriller album happened and I went: « Good God ! » I mean, there isn’t anything else like that. There’s the Thriller album and there’s everything else. It was global history all at once. I’ve had a lot of good experiences with a lot of great artists but I don‘t think anything could ever match what, first of all, Michael was like. I mean, I have only met whom I have met, but he’s certainly the most completely talented person that I’ve ever met. I’ve never seen anyone that could literally do EVERYTHING and do it well! He really could – he was as complete a showman as we’ve ever had ... Nobody covered all the bases on a genius level but Michael Jackson. Nobody. Not even close."

Maybe you all saw this already but I'm not taking any chances. I don't want anyone to miss this. T40!! Bring it on!!!!!

Back