The Will.i.am tracks [Discussion]

Re: Will.i.am tracks - thoughts?

Wasn't that just some beat Will played for Michael, and which he later used for another release?
I don't think any of the real collaboration has leaked yet.

Yepp. The first beat I think is fly girl,that was released on Will's CD

None of the songs nor snippets have leaked. And I'm quite sure they will be released eventually, as William himself wanted to release one of those songs (I think it was "I'm Dreaming") on one of his own albums, but fortunately got shot down by the Estate.
William basically went from "I ain't releasing them" to "Only if Katherine gives me her ok" and "I want to put them on my album". So who knows what happens next :)

as William himself wanted to release one of those songs (I think it was "I'm Dreaming") on one of his own albums

That made me lose a lot of respect for him. He didn't want those songs on any of MJ's albums, but he'd happily release them on his own albums to help further his own career. Glad the estate told him to piss off

Well we don't know if 'I'm Dreaming" was Michael's song or his, so I wouldn't rush to criticize.

I'm not gonna judge the fact he wants to put his idol on his record. Must be a dream of his.

Well we don't know if 'I'm Dreaming" was Michael's song or his, so I wouldn't rush to criticize.

It's a collaboration. They co-wrote it together. It's their song. But for MJ's album.

I'm not gonna judge the fact he wants to put his idol on his record. Must be a dream of his.

Absolutely.

I love Will.I.am's song Fly Girl, I wish Michael would have recorded something for that music.

I really would love to listen to them and the RedOne songs one day. I think they are very interesting because it's obviously a different style

we haven't heard anything they've done together... like above stated that instrumental was used for a different release. I'd love to hear what they did though!

There's this instrumental. Probably fake, comment on video says

this is a MIDI remake, the actual version sounds a lot better?

I hated with passion those remixes they did on Thriller 25 and judging from Will's solo work is mostly atrocious, I prefer what he did with BEP, specifically their albums Elephunk and Money Business. Probably I just would want to hear them to have a better judgement.

Long story short,if he's said don't expect a release ever of these songs,then let's not play the game of getting our hopes up. The Estate's releases as it is are getting fewer and lazier and he hasn't even been gone a full seven years yet.

Well he actually said we'll see in 2013 and also how honored he was to know Michael.

Talking about Michael starts at 4:26

We will without a doubt hear those songs at some point. Will has been backing down for years - he was against it entirely at first, then agreed to under the stipulation that Katherine Jackson asked him personally to release them, then attempted to put one on his own album. Eventually he'll acquiesce and just let them drop.

I'm interested in hearing anything post-2001.

I'm surprised Michael titled a song 'I'm still the king' it's something will i am would title! Did will i am write it? It's a bit 'look at me I'm still the man' where as Michael had it right with Unbreakable - a little more subtle but with that punch of I'm still here better than ever type thing.

I hated with passion those remixes they did on Thriller 25 and judging from Will's solo work is mostly atrocious, I prefer what he did with BEP, specifically their albums Elephunk and Money Business. Probably I just would want to hear them to have a better judgement.

This, BEP have some great tunes.

Beat It 2006 was abysmal. I cannot fathom how Michael left that slide.

I'm surprised Michael titled a song 'I'm still the king' it's something will i am would title! Did will i am write it? It's a bit 'look at me I'm still the man' where as Michael had it right with Unbreakable - a little more subtle but with that punch of I'm still here better than ever type thing.

Maybe ''I'm Still The King'' was a working title and would have been changed if it was released

When you hear Fergie on Thriller 25 and you start contemplating your life..

-She-s-Out-Of-My-Life-michael-jackson-34226876-269-400.jpg

Are there new developments around the Will.I.Am tracks?

What is the latest info about these songs? Will isn't as active as he was a couple of years ago, maybe it's also in his best interest to revive his career with the unheard MJ tracks?

They co-wrote it together. What is interesting about that song is that it was supposed to feature current Pop/R'n'B artists from that time that were highly influenced by Michael's music. I read or seen that in one of will.i.am's interviews. I'm sorry now that I didn't saved it back then. But trust me I saw that. He said that the plan was to have Justin Timberlake, Chris Brown, Usher, Ne-Yo and Omarion on the song singing with MJ. He also said that the song was never finished and that those artists did not record their vocals but that was the idea for that song. He didn't say anything if MJ recorded his vocals.

So when you see the title in this context it does not sound arrogant because as will.i.am said in that interview it's the song about Michael's influence on younger generation of artists and they did really seen him as a King. So that I'm Still The King line was probably meant in that context as I'm still King Of Pop. I think it would have been brilliant if they finished it and released it.

Still the King would have hurt Michael's reputation beyond repair as far as I'm concerned.

Michael Jackson releasing a song that blatantly said "Yeah, I'm still an absolute, undoubted legend" would have done little more than give the media the opportunity to build upon the rarely-discussed concept that he was an egomaniac (which some people tended to do, particularly during the HIStory promotional era, what with the statues and self-praising teaser video).

Keep in mind that this was way back in 2006, when Michael was more or less considered a social pariah. That wouldn't have gone over well.

I really don't care much for the Will.i.am tracks - he has a talent for catchy melodies but cannot write a halfway decent song to save his life (or hasn't in the last several years). I can't imagine the Michael collaborations would be much different.

I'm interested in anything recorded after 2005 overall. RedOne tracks would top that list.

Still the King would have hurt Michael's reputation beyond repair as far as I'm concerned.

Michael Jackson releasing a song that blatantly said "Yeah, I'm still an absolute, undoubted legend" would have done little more than give the media the opportunity to build upon the rarely-discussed concept that he was an egomaniac (which some people tended to do, particularly during the HIStory promotional era, what with the statues and self-praising teaser video).

Keep in mind that this was way back in 2006, when Michael was more or less considered a social pariah. That wouldn't have gone over well.

I really don't care much for the Will.i.am tracks - he has a talent for catchy melodies but cannot write a halfway decent song to save his life (or hasn't in the last several years). I can't imagine the Michael collaborations would be much different.

I'm interested in anything recorded after 2005 overall. RedOne tracks would top that list.

Agree with all that. MJ comes across as very modest in interviews but stuff like the History promo really goes against that. That's why I didn't agree with Invincible for the last album title also.

If the song is a hit, all that would become irrelevant in matters of seconds. You seem to forget or ignore the fact that "music" critics and "journalists" are not the ones buying records. People are. And Michael had enemies in those same "music" critics and "journalists" since 1985 so if the song is a hit all that would be irrelevant because people who actually buy records would buy it no matter what those mercenaries had to say or wrote.

Hahahahaha.. yeah, I agree with you. In 2006 record buying public didn't care for MJ. You are so funny with your subjective fixed ideas and opinions. Something like Roger Friedman. Bravo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7y9aMIJG00

We get it. You dislike will.i.am. That doesn't make him a bad producer or songwriter though.

Michael had decades of the media wanting him to be the 'quiet little black man' who should 'know his place'. I'm glad he said - with History and a Invincible - "F**k you guys! I'm coming back bigger and bolder!".

Surely, as fans, we know it doesn't matter what MJ did, the media would twist it against him. Michael knew that, and decided he wasn't going to accept it meekly. I'm proud of him for that. God bless him.

Hahahahaha.. yeah, I agree with you. In 2006 record buying public didn't care for MJ. You are so funny with your subjective fixed ideas and opinions. Something like Roger Friedman. Bravo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7y9aMIJG00
Onir-you are funny. I had no idea what you meant until I clicked on the video.
I have to say that here in the US I read all the press reports about the World Music Awards and how people left and booed Michael off the stage, etc. My heart just ached for him.

I was disgusted. I cursed the reporters, the awards and the people in the audience.
One day in 2008 I was looking at various things on YouTube and this popped up. In the middle of watching this and watching never ending screaming and hysteria and adoration I realized I was watching those very same awards. It was a shock.

Filthy, lying press.

^^Yeah, people loved MJ. That's the truth. And as John Legend once said, if you have hit record out there, all the "bad things" would be quickly forgotten. And I didn't hear "I'm Still The King" song, but it sounds to me like a #1 hit record just by seeing all the names will.i.am and MJ planned to have on it. Just imagine that as a first single in US. Even with the bad press that record would go straight to #1 and all the media garbage would be gone.

^^Yeah, people loved MJ. That's the truth. And as John Legend once said, if you have hit record out there, all the "bad things" would be quickly forgotten. And I didn't hear "I'm Still The King" song, but it sounds to me like a #1 hit record just by seeing all the names will.i.am and MJ planned to have on it. Just imagine that as a first single in US. Even with the bad press that record would go straight to #1 and all the media garbage would be gone.

The majority of those names are not even really hot any more. It's not 2006. So I don't think it's a guaranteed #1 at all.

But to be honest I doubt it even exists, at least in any remotely releasable form.

I wouldn't like to hear those four songs
Since will I am is annoying AF to me and still the king wouldn't fit with m. He wasn't egotistical he was humble.So, that title alone goes agasint Michael's image in my opinion

I'm Still The King isn't finished as far as i know. If we will ever hear some of the tracks i doubt the song is part of it.
So in my opinion we should focus on the finished ones. And i would love to hear I'm Dreamin'

If the song is a hit, all that would become irrelevant in matters of seconds. You seem to forget or ignore the fact that "music" critics and "journalists" are not the ones buying records. People are. And Michael had enemies in those same "music" critics and "journalists" since 1985 so if the song is a hit all that would be irrelevant because people who actually buy records would buy it no matter what those mercenaries had to say or wrote.

Are you legitimately implying that sales numbers are more important than public opinion? Okay.

I can't be bothered to even discuss this post because it hurts my head to think that someone with such a closed-minded view of artistic sensibility actually exists.

*applauds* Oh, Onir, I can always count on you to twist my words.

Nowhere did I say the record-buying public hated Michael. But given that this was 2006, the year after Michael was acquitted for child molestation, and a GOOD PORTION of the general public was convinced that he was guilty, he should have gone the safe route and just released a normal album. No more media pandering, no more complaining. Do what he did BEST.

We get it. You dislike will.i.am. That doesn't make him a bad producer or songwriter though.

That is simply my opinion, which I explicitly highlighted in my post. And before you go on a tangent about how I shouldn't express my opinion if you disagree with it, allow me to point out a recent post that you made in another thread about MJ *****:

Well, I don't like that site. That is my opinion and I'm entitled to have it.

Everyone on this board is allowed to complain about things we don't personally care for. But of course we should hold back our criticisms, because we don't want to offend you! :)

The majority of those names are not even really hot any more. It's not 2006. So I don't think it's a guaranteed #1 at all.

But to be honest I doubt it even exists, at least in any remotely releasable form.

I meant back in 2006-2007, of course. If it was released back then it would go straight to #1. Without a doubt.

I said that also. As will.i.am confirmed those artists did not record their parts and the song is unfinished. But maybe MJ did record his vocals. We don't know that as will.i.am didn't say anything about that. If MJ did record his vocals, the song can easily be re-created and finished.

Back