The worst/stupidest/funniest/most ridiculous etc. lyrics ever thread ! :) [MERGED]

Re: The worst/stupidest lyrics ever?

Agree with the soulja boy & Eminem song

Timothy Leary was a psychologist who became famous for experimenting with LSD as a way to promote social interaction and raise consciousness. Leary did many experiments on volunteers and himself and felt the drug had many positive qualities if taken correctly. When the government cracked down on LSD, Learys experiments were stopped and he was arrested on drug charges. In 1969 Leary decided to run for Governor of California and asked John Lennon to write a song for him. Come Together Join The Party was Learys campaign slogan a reference to the drug culture he supported and was the original title of the song. Leary never had much of a campaign but the slogan gave Lennon the idea for this song.

"He [Flowers] says the lyrics were inspired by a disparaging comment made by Hunter S. Thompson about how America was raising a generation of dancers."

From here

I also read that.

Are we "dancer" = people who all think and act alike, like dancers moving in q, too afraid to do something that requires breaking routine and being different.

Or are we "human" = individuals who can think for ourselves.

After I read this explanation it made a lot more sense although I still could not decide if it was deep or lame lol. Still, I like the song and love The Killers:D:punk:

After Timothy Leary decided against using this song for his political campaign Lennon added some nonsense lyrics and brought it to the Abbey Road sessions. Paul McCartney recalled in Rolling Stone magazine's 500 Greatest Songs I said Lets slow it down with a swampy bass and drums vibe. I came up with a bass line and it all flowed from there." It was the last time all 4 Beatles cut a song together.

In a 1980 interview with Playboy magazine, John Lennon said The thing was created in the studio. It's gobbledygook. Come Together was an expression that Tim Leary had come up with for perhaps for the governorship of California against Reagan and he asked me to write a campaign song. I tried and I tried but I couldnt come up with one. But I came up with this Come Together which wouldve been no good to him -you couldnt have a campaign song like that right?

John Lennon was sued for stealing the guitar riff and the line Here comes old flat top from Chuck Berrys You Can't Catch Me. The lawsuit did not come from Berry but from Morris Levy one of the music industrys most infamous characters. He owned the song along with thousands of other early rock songs that he basically stole from the poor black and unrepresented artists. Levy sued the Beatles or more accurately John Lennon over the song around the time the Beatles broke up. For years Lennon delayed the trial while he and the Beatles tried to sort out all the legal and business problems that plagued Apple Records. Finally in an attempt to avoid the court room as much as he could Lennon felt like he was appearing in court more often than not he settled with Levy. In return for dropping the suit Lennon agreed to record his rock n roll album which was just a series of covers of songs Levy owned. Lennon always wanted to make a cover album and was thrilled to have the opportunity and Levy wanted the value of his songs to increase and when a Beatle re records a song that is just what happens. To make a long long long story short Lennon recorded the album over the Lost Weekend a year or two period when he was separated from Yoko Ono and lived in LA. During that time he was often drunk or high and was rather sloppy and useless. Levy was getting frustrated with the lack of progress. Phil Spector was the producer but in a fit of madness which was not too unusual for Spector he ran away and stole the recording session tapes. Levy invited Lennon to his upstate NY recording studio and that is where he finally recorded the album.

A rotary phone was used to make the sound heard before each verse and after the chorus. The sound was accompanied by the bass Paul played.

The line Ono sideboard refers to Yoko.

The whispered lyric that sounds like shoot is actually Lennon saying shoot me followed by a hand clap. The bass line drowns out the me.

that's still a wtf to me...

I also read that.

Are we "dancer" = people who all think and act alike, like dancers moving in q, too afraid to do something that requires breaking routine and being different.

Or are we "human" = individuals who can think for ourselves.

After I read this explanation it made a lot more sense although I still could not decide if it was deep or lame lol. Still, I like the song and love The Killers:D:punk:

Hope that helps :)

yeah i get it but the lyrics are still stupid to me... why isn't it are we DANCERS?

"Happy to be Stuck with you"...Huey Lewis

Tell me how can someone be happy when their singing their stuck with you?

Well they can be like stuck on deserted island of along those lines and they are happy that if they ARE stuck somewhere they are stuck with that other one person.

yeah i get it but the lyrics are still stupid to me... why isn't it are we DANCERS?

Because they wanted to use the word as an adjective instead of a noun. Instead of saying are we dancers, they wanted to say are we like dancers/do we have the characteristics of dancers = Are we dancer? They do the same thing with are we human (instead of are we humans), it's just that dancer isn't usually used like that. Phew, hope that makes sense!

when Jennifer Lopez was singing about not being into materialistic shit, did she sing "If I want to floss I got my own!"

Worlds most pointless and stupidest lyric ever!

Because they wanted to use the word as an adjective instead of a noun. Instead of saying are we dancers, they wanted to say are we like dancers/do we have the characteristics of dancers = Are we dancer? They do the same thing with are we human (instead of are we humans), it's just that dancer isn't usually used like that. Phew, hope that makes sense!

yeah you do i just didn't know that dancer can be an adjective as well.

when Jennifer Lopez was singing about not being into materialistic shit, did she sing "If I want to floss I got my own!"

Worlds most pointless and stupidest lyric ever!

i am a fan of j.lo but i gotta admit that this is the most hypocritical lyric EVER!

i wouldnt say stupid but..weird silly lyrics.
The Beatles - Come Together. i thought it was funny because i never understood it. but a great song.

Shoot me! Shoot me! Shoot me!

Here come old flattop. He come grooving up slowly
He got joo-joo eyeball. He one holy roller
He got hair down to his knee
Got to be a joker he just do what he please

He wear no shoeshine he got toe-jam football
He got monkey finger he shoot Coca-Cola
He say "I know you, you know me"
One thing I can tell you is you got to be free
Come together right now over me

He bad production he got walrus gumboot
He got Ono sideboard he one spinal cracker
He got feet down below his knee
Hold you in his armchair you can feel his disease

He roller-coaster he got early warning
He got muddy water he one mojo filter
He say "One and one and one is three"
Got to be good-looking 'cause he's so hard to see

Ow!

Come together! Come together! Come together!

also

the Commodores- Lionel Richie -three times a lady
your once.. twice.. three times a lady

i dont know why but i thought it was a weird choice of words since some people did not know what he meant..
was he singing to a voluptuous woman?
was it a great woman that she was 3 times perfection..
or was it three different women all together. which i later found out.:doh:

worst post in the thread. those lyrics are great.

:lol: can't tell whether you're serious or not.

anyway, it's considered to be a legendary song by all critics. the irony, huh?

F the critics, some of those losers even called Earth Song a lame song... with lame lyrics. OK,sure.:puke:

F the critics, some of those losers even called Earth Song a lame song... with lame lyrics. OK,sure.:puke:

yeah..i'm with you on critics. i don't believe in them. and more often than not...wayyyy more often than not, ur probably doing something right, if they hate you.

they always say something for all the wrong reasons.

...Olen niin onneton, ei autossani ole edes nastoja talvella.
(I'm so unhappy, I don't even have winter tyres on my car in winter)

...Olen niin onneton, ei autossani ole edes nastoja talvella.
(I'm so unhappy, I don't even have winter tyres on my car in winter)

:lol: those are pretty stupid lyrics

I think we should have a 'funny lyrics'-thread too :D

I absolutely love marvin gaye but "I'm hot just like an over" or "please don't procrastinate, it's not good to ma...Ooooooh" ALWAYS makes me smile, he's a genius!

yeah we can make this a funny lyrics thread as well :)

'Come Together' is more about the sounds of the words than the meaning and it does that brilliantly.... it sounds easy, but it's harder that it seems.

'Come Together' is more about the sounds of the words than the meaning and it does that brilliantly.... it sounds easy, but it's harder that it seems.

well that's what makes this thread frustrating. there are many interpretations of lyrics.

Re: The worst/stupidest/funniest/most ridiculous etc. lyrics ever thread ! :)

"The violins make no sound
And I begin to feel the ground"

- the bridge on The Fray's "Where The Story Ends"

lol
which song ?
if its the beatles..who doesnt think the beatles are genius in lyrics?
i never said they werent great...i said they were weird. threads point

lol
which song ?
if its the beatles..who doesnt think the beatles are genius in lyrics?
i never said they werent great...i said they were weird. threads point

there are a lot of people who think the beatles are not great. and that their lyrics suck, and yes, there are many who love the beatles

Last edited:

there are a lot of people who think the beatles are not great. and that their lyrics suck, and yes, there are many who love the beatles
You could say this about any singer/group. Not everyone likes any one act.

Re: The worst/stupidest/funniest/most ridiculous etc. lyrics ever thread ! :)

and what's with that Ayo Technology song? "Ayo,I'm tired of using technology?" lol

Back