Thinking of getting a MJ tattoo - Tatoo advice/tips [ Merged ]

Would you ever get an MJ tattoo

• Total voters
my two sence: If I were to get an MJ tattoo it would not be a logo or symbol that has all ready been popularized like the mjj production logo, the mj logo etc.. Its over done we've all seen it. and not a (detailed) version ofhis face either.. something different and unique..

this is not an adeal tattoo! but still wud be cool in my opinion

img-thing

my two sence: If I were to get an MJ tattoo it would not be a logo or symbol that has all ready been popularized like the mjj production logo, the mj logo etc.. Its over done we've all seen it. and not a (detailed) version ofhis face either.. something different and unique..

this is not an adeal tattoo! but still wud be cool in my opinion

img-thing

I love my tattoo. I dont see anything wrong with people getting those logos. But you are entitled to your opinion. But i wish you would reword it to where it doesn't sound like we are lame for getting the tattoos we got.

My tat is pretty unique as it was drawn for me personally..

I like the standard logo's and stuff too but i chose to do something else:

785757723_5_uDnT.jpeg

I think it's fine either way.
Janena, I adore the colors in your tattoo.

The most powerful symbols became only so powerful and widely recognized by so many, simply because it resonates with so many people.

In my opinion- if you feel drawn to a certain symbol, go for it. If that is what is calling your name, if that is what connects you to him symbolically- by all means go for it.

It shouldn't matter who or who doesn't wear it as well. Would anybody reject the peace symbol because millions love it?

Whatever speaks to YOU is important. I have more of a spiritual symbol as a tattoo, because that is what I associate with Michael- but to most people it has absolutely nothing to do with Michael- yet to me it is most powerful to me and looking at it makes me very, very happy.

A tattoo is kinda an expression between you and someone or something else, because it matters to YOU.

I booked mine today for the end of September and the tattooist was really nice and sweet.

thats the tatt i wanted and i was so dead set on having that but i couldnt decide on where to put it. i therefore went with my lyrics...cant believe its been almost a year since i had it, seems like yesterday

Michael Jackson's glorious Light, Love, Legacy are already engraved on my heart, soul and in my mind forever...someday I'll get an MJ tatoo too to help me get through this lifetime not just barely existing like I am since June 25 2009(the grief and pain and sorrow is so overwhelming, I long to be with him every moment and see him happy, peaceful and rejoicing!) but shinning as he taught me too, being my best Self always and making this world a better place, all inspired by my most beautiful teacher King Michael Jackson! Thankyou Sir, now and forever for everything :flowers:!We shall always love, honour and celebrate you :flowers:!!!

All the best to everyone who'll be getting their MJ tattoos and congratulations to all those who already have theirs :yes:!

Last edited:
I have booked to get my very 1st tattoo this coming Friday 1st Oct.
I'm having the MJ official logo, as to me the initials MJ represent my late mum, whos initials are the same, and also my baby grandson Jack who was born sleeping:wub: and of course Michael.
I can see that sometimes there can be problems after with infections etc but it hasnt put me off.
No pain no gain as they say!
:D

I have booked to get my very 1st tattoo this coming Friday 1st Oct.
I'm having the MJ official logo, as to me the initials MJ represent my late mum, whos initials are the same, and also my baby grandson Jack who was born sleeping:wub: and of course Michael.
I can see that sometimes there can be problems after with infections etc but it hasnt put me off.
No pain no gain as they say!
:D

Well, here's hoping for minimum pain or anything else. Mine healed fine, just some itching, that was all.

Awesome that the initials include your mom and Jack.

While I chose my tattoo to be about MJ, it means so much more to me too, my grandma is in there, too.

Happy tattooing!

mine healed fine as well. i love it more now then when i got it. its perfect now lol got it all touched up and its fab...

Well, here's hoping for minimum pain or anything else. Mine healed fine, just some itching, that was all.

While I chose my tattoo to be about MJ, it means so much more to me too, my grandma is in there, too.

Happy tattooing!

Thanks for your kind reply! :yes::wub:

mine healed fine as well. i love it more now then when i got it. its perfect now lol got it all touched up and its fab...

Yeah that's good! Allowing that I get through my tattoo ok I'm already thinking of ways of maybe adding to it. Like maybe adding dates to it that make it more personalised to me! :wub:
These would be 1999 for when my late mum Mary Jennifer passed, 2008 for my baby grandson Jack, and of course 2009 when Michael passed. :doh:
Not sure yet! Will get through the first bit first and see.

I get mine Oct 29th. So excited! It'll be my first one as well. A lot of thought went into it. Can't wait!

I love mine because i designed it from his logo. I love him so much it felt right to get the tattoo. It felt right to add his birth/death dates. To me it felt right. I hope you get it because it feels right for you not because its trendy.

GinnyJackson - I love mine because i designed it from his logo. I love him so much it felt right to get the tattoo. It felt right to add his birth/death dates. To me it felt right. I hope you get it because it feels right for you not because its trendy.

I'm not doing it because of a trend. I have always wanted my MJ tattoo, but have always had a crazy fear of needles. Then when he left us, I felt so empty, and lost. I kept dreaming up this image...and have just had this feeling of "it's the right thing to do, :angel:and MJ would have loved it". When I have it done, I'll always feel like he's right there, and a reminder of how powerful he was and how much I love him. It's got hiss logo in it, but it's going to be unique. I'll post pics when I get it done. Again, this never was a "trend thing". I can't stand it when people do that.:(

i think he had a thing for tattoos anyway ;) lol

I was always scared to get it because of the needles to but if u get it done in the right spot you dont even feel it....But i will say this... If this is your first tattoo i recommend taking your Ipod or mp3 player or something to drowned out the noise... ;) its all worth it in the end though.

Happy tattooing!

I did it!!! :yes:

Heres the pic!
DSC05154.jpg

:clapping:

^ In the theme I see many beautiful tattoos :wub:
This is my tattoo, made on 1 / 05 / 2010 :)
(Before put it somewhere topics?)
Its color is purple, not blue
may be supplemented with lights, etc. ..

newpix211.png

37853009688759837812755.jpg

d7896d5c047c76867b4badb0c5942a8d_320x240.jpg

I got the idea from here:

1055120508a8cdef0c06ffde0bf30ad2

Last edited:
4 days, 20 hours and 44 minutes left! I will post a picture here when the tattoo is ready. :)

omg i dont think i could ever get one that big. i would love to get the mj ribbon with tink sitting on top... i also designed that one to. idk though lol

Back