Thinking of getting a MJ tattoo - Tatoo advice/tips [ Merged ]

Would you ever get an MJ tattoo

• Total voters
My tattoo is ready and I LIKE it. :)

201010130032.jpg

201010130081.jpg

WOW those tatts are awesome!! I need another MJ tattoo, can't decide what to get next tho!

Personally I wouldn't get an MJ tattoo....because I wouldn't get any sort of tattoo full stop. The reason I wouldn't is because I know what I'm like, I wouldn't be happy with it afterwards and would be overly critical of how it looked. But that's just the way I am with stuff like that, I had my nose pierced when I was 16, really liked it for a few months, then decided I hated it so took it out and got annoyed waiting for the hole to close.

well no one is forcing you to get on. This is just our way of showing our love for Michael. I was like you but when it comes to michael there is always love and i will always love my tattoo.

well no one is forcing you to get on. This is just our way of showing our love for Michael. I was like you but when it comes to michael there is always love and i will always love my tattoo.

Aww yeah I know, I didn't mean nobody should get one, don't get me wrong I like to see MJ tattoos on other people, but I suffer from something called dysmorphia which means I wouldn't look in the mirror and like what I see, that's something I can't help. It doesn't mean I don't think others should get one, or think they don't look good :)

Well for me first i wanna get my driving license..then get an MJ tattoo!!

I have two more MJ tattoos in addition to my portrait tattoo.

Got this one when I was 15.

And i got this one in september 09 i think. It says: Though we're far apart, you're always in my heart. 1958-Forever

^ oh class!! love them!!

gonna get this done next week!!
what ya think?

316r9dx.jpg

the 'Michael Jackson' will be smaller though!! dont want it toooo big like!!

@gujackson, jenny*, moodyblue97, claire64 ( my favorite! ) and Emzi - I ADORE your tatoo's..:punk:..

Last edited:
Re: thinking of getting a Mj tattoo

I already have an MJ tattoo on my left upper arm. I have the initials MJ tattooed with angel wings either side of the initials:yes:

I work in a tattoo studio, had a scan through some of the tattoos the black and grey TWYMMF portrait is very very nicely done, refreshing to see well done for doing the proper research on your artist. I have an MJ tattoo, and one day when I'm tattooing you guys are more than welcome to look me out and get a nice discounted MJ piece. ;) Because if you love Michael as much as me you deserve to get a good deal.

If anyone wants advice for getting tattoos I'm happy to help, tattoos are my passion. Also Kat Von D ain't all that, I can recommend far greater Tattoo Artists than her, don't be fooled by celebrity. She has terrible cross contamination and is too hopped up on drugs. For Black and Grey portraiture one of the greatest guys is a man called Bob Tyrrell. For colour portraits Nikko Hurtado or Cecil Porter's work is STUNNING!

Tattoos nowadays are more than just logos and names, they are living and breathing works of art. Download some issues of Tattoo Revolution Magazine to show you what's really possible when it comes to tattoos, and get something really impressive.

My tattoos not finished yet, we will be going right round the front of my leg with some dancing thriller zombies and a graveyard. But here was my first sitting, booked the tattoo just after I got tickets for London.

28297_1414172949093_1075620160_1164490_2280913_n.jpg

The tattoo on the hand that I can see (the proposed image) The tattoos not going to work or hold. Skin on the hands if very different to say the wrist. The skin is thicker and tougher so the artist to make it stay need to put the ink in deeper which means you get something called blowout. So writing in time will blur out together and you'll end up with just a blob on the side of your hand which vague resembles his name.

I've been thinking about getting It's all for L.O.V.E. across my ribs. I just don't know about font or anything. It's so hard to decide haha. I already have a tattoo on my wrist which hurt like hell (non-mj).. do rib tattoos hurt about the same?

I originally had the MJ logo from History tattood on my left wrist and to that have now added Mj's date of birth above it and the word "Forever" below. I wanted to get a different one somewhere... the ones I have seen here are amazing!!!

I work in a tattoo studio, had a scan through some of the tattoos the black and grey TWYMMF portrait is very very nicely done, refreshing to see well done for doing the proper research on your artist. I have an MJ tattoo, and one day when I'm tattooing you guys are more than welcome to look me out and get a nice discounted MJ piece. ;) Because if you love Michael as much as me you deserve to get a good deal.

If anyone wants advice for getting tattoos I'm happy to help, tattoos are my passion. Also Kat Von D ain't all that, I can recommend far greater Tattoo Artists than her, don't be fooled by celebrity. She has terrible cross contamination and is too hopped up on drugs. For Black and Grey portraiture one of the greatest guys is a man called Bob Tyrrell. For colour portraits Nikko Hurtado or Cecil Porter's work is STUNNING!

Tattoos nowadays are more than just logos and names, they are living and breathing works of art. Download some issues of Tattoo Revolution Magazine to show you what's really possible when it comes to tattoos, and get something really impressive.

My tattoos not finished yet, we will be going right round the front of my leg with some dancing thriller zombies and a graveyard. But here was my first sitting, booked the tattoo just after I got tickets for London.

28297_1414172949093_1075620160_1164490_2280913_n.jpg

The tattoo on the hand that I can see (the proposed image) The tattoos not going to work or hold. Skin on the hands if very different to say the wrist. The skin is thicker and tougher so the artist to make it stay need to put the ink in deeper which means you get something called blowout. So writing in time will blur out together and you'll end up with just a blob on the side of your hand which vague resembles his name.

You already know this but I'm definitely gonna get my next MJ tatt done by you ;)

Getting tattoos is totally not my thing and I'm scared as hell, but I love Michael so much, that I'm actually thinking about it. I'm thinking about tattooing his signature where it says love on the bottom, and the one with his initials, where the letter J is positioned over M with the crown on top. They would have to be small.

Does it hurt?

Back