Thinking of getting a MJ tattoo - Tatoo advice/tips [ Merged ]

Would you ever get an MJ tattoo

• Total voters
Re: thinking of getting a Mj tattoo

In the light of the recent weeks, my desire to get a MJ related tatoo is higher than ever. Just don't know what motive I'll choose, maybe his autograph..

I want a tattoo as well. I just need someone that can draw. I can't draw a straight line with a ruler!!
That butterfly pictures is sweet. See the faces in each one. That's hella cool.

I'm planning on getting a portrait of him with his signature written underneath it on my upper back when I turn 18 :)

I have been doubting for several years now to get this one on my ankle. Say like 4 or 5 cms high. I like it because I have loved this symbol from the start and not everybody might actually recognise it as a MJ tattoo, because it looks so much like a tribal. Only the fans would know and thats what counts :yes:. But Invincible J's idea about having a piece of sontext in nice lettering is great too. And than there is still my husband who I have to convince that I want this done lol he will most probably go out of his head.

@ other posters
Great tattoos guys! Awesome! :flowers:

I've been thinking the same thing, on my ankle. I just don't know if I want it on the inside or the outside... I think I want to show it off so maybe the outside.
I like the idea of his signature too. I didn't think about that as a possibility.
I also like the lyrics idea too. There are so many great ones though... hm.

I'm thinking about getting the MJ logo. Small. I already have two tatts (not MJ related.) Tatts are a big deal and are permanent so I'm gonna give myself a few months. My emotions are so high right now, so I'm gonna wait and make sure it's not something I'll regret later. If I still want to get it after a few months then I'll research some places and get it done.

i have redone my tattoo like a bunch of times because i dont know exactly what i want. I know i want the MJ logo I know i want the fedora but now i have his sig and the dates. Those dates are important to me because with them i will never forget him. He was a wonderful man and those dates will never let me forget how much time we did have with him. Here is what i got so far. If you dont like the font i dont care.

tattoo3.jpg

woohoo Im getting mine next Tuesday :) :) Im getting the HIstory MJ logo, a rather small one on my inner ankle! Cant wait to get it!

double post..

Last edited:

I'm booked in for my back tattoo
yay.gif
if I can get the day off I'll be getting it done next Wednesday. I was told it cold take up to 5 hours to do because I want realistic detailed butterflies and swirls/shade around the MJ symbol (which is obviously the main part of the tattoo) *eek*
eekie.gif

I'm excited because I'm getting a new tattoo
wub.gif
and I'm scared it'll end up a mess and in case the tattooist doesn't draw up what I have in mind
sad.gif
I stressed how important this is to me (the piercer/co-owner of the store , KNOWS I'm a big fan. Bless her she gave me a hug after I told the tattooist what I want.). Anyway. I STRESSED how important this is, I want it to be beautiful and feminine, colourful and magical
cloudnine.gif
I think they get it... The tattooist happened to mention that he likes MJ.

No dates... because I don't feel it nescerry. No words because of how much other stuff is going around the symbol (although, I'm thinking about having the name "Michael Jackson tbh...we'll see) . No light colours like white and yellow because they won't show up on my skin so I have to pick rich colours like red, pinks, purples, I hope I can get way with green, teal blue... I don't want all my butterflies to be the same (getting 4 maybe 5). Gonna print up some pics of real butterflies over the next few days.

I explained in another thread why I wanted butterflies. I think they would look gorgeous if done well. I know a lot of people will be getting this MJ symbol tattoo so I wanted to personalise it and make it mine also (I love butterflies!!!).

Fingers crossed it doesn't look like a hot mess.

If anyone has any suggestions or opinons on this tattoo, lemmie know, I'm open to them.

finished.jpg

This will be my tattoo.
The writing might be a different font.
I plan on getting the top in black and the bottom in red. (My Boo's fav colors.)
I'm also gonna make sure his eyes are brown, the rest can be done in black. His eyes have to look as real as possible.

If you're thinking of an MJ butterfly type of tattoo, you should get the Butterflies PROMO picture! Michael did it himself. ;)

Here ya go!

butterflies02.jpg

i was thinking about this the other day while listening to "butterflies" and could half think of a tat to fit it but now this has gave me an idea Lol :)

Loving the tattoos/tatt ideas! I really want one :( maybe i should wait til i'm married so then at least i'll have my own family and my parents won't be so upset by it! Could be ages away though...hm.

Lovely Tattoos everyone,i am deffly going to get one haqve wanted to get one for a long time now,but not sure wat i should do i want it to be so special,would love a sleve done but im a girl so not sure,if i was to have a sleve i would have something from each decade to do with michael,but not to sure yet,reallyyyyyyyy want one but it just needs to be right xxx

only 3 weeks left of the 6 i waited till now.

my own designed michael jackson tattoo......the artist was in love with my design and is making it as readyy as possible to get it on my back in a tattoo that should fit on the upperside of my back...
it will be my 6th tattoo...but by far i will become the most beautifull one on my body!

Last edited:

Thank you! :)

I'm really happy with it!

heres mine.
i love them so much. i don't regret having them at all. now MJ comes with me where ever i go.
MJJTATTOOS007-1-2.gif

MJJTATTOOS006-1-2-1-1.jpg

Last edited:

I've kept thinking about that since a very long time...just can't make up my mind...but it is seduisive:)

Hi There,

Here is the one i got 4 days ago, it is so amazing, and it makes me smile every time i look at it .

When the Tattoo settles down it will look more amazing, still looks unreal though.

P8241112z.jpg

Kind Regards,

Romen

Hi all,

Here is my Tattoo 7 days after it being done, it is a lot softer in the face shading and the hair is still pealing, in a couple weeks it should be perfect :)

P8291114xz-1.jpg

ps Happy 51st Birthday MJ, RIP

Kind Regards,

Romen

lovely one Romen, love the hair .
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHAEL .... ROCK THEM HEAVENS XXXXXXXXX

Back