This Is It - 50th Show (March 6th 2010)

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date
Abigail, i'm sure we weren't the only ones either. I know it's tough, really tough, but at least we can see in the movie what he had in store for us. I know for some it's painful to watch cause it creates even more sorrow thinking of what might have been, but for me it's comforting. Nevertheless, i still haven't managed to see the 'memories of Michael' section or the second dvd with the testimonies from the band, but i think i will, soon.

Yeah after seeing the movie I know it was meant to be the best show ever. Nothing like that has ever been done- the thought of everything. And sometimes this thought makes me happy and sometimes it makes me sad. I so wish he could have gotten to do at least one show (not so I could see it) so he could feel the love from the fans and not just imagine how it would be like.

The memories are hard to watch- I recommend watching it with someone you feel close to and if you can watch it with other fans that is best. It is very moving. I cried through the whole thing (was only able to bring myself to watch it once). but after that I felt relieved that at least at the end of his life he did something that he love. I find great comfort in that.

Yeah after seeing the movie I know it was meant to be the best show ever. Nothing like that has ever been done- the thought of everything. And sometimes this thought makes me happy and sometimes it makes me sad. I so wish he could have gotten to do at least one show (not so I could see it) so he could feel the love from the fans and not just imagine how it would be like.

The memories are hard to watch- I recommend watching it with someone you feel close to and if you can watch it with other fans that is best. It is very moving. I cried through the whole thing (was only able to bring myself to watch it once). but after that I felt relieved that at least at the end of his life he did something that he love. I find great comfort in that.

Thanks for the advice abigail, i actually got to watch the 'memories of Michael' segment a few days ago. Lately, i've watched the movie very often and one night i said i might as well muster up the courage and try and see that part. I did watch all of it by myself cause my problems are just that - mine and no one else's; there's no need for me to burden anyone with my issues. This is my own policy and it applies to me alone, i try not to project my 'standards' on anyone else. For anybody who can share these experiences and find comfort, that's wonderful.

On the one hand, i was very happy to see Michael in extra scenes and was thinkin' why on earth it took me sooo long to watch it and how i lost all those lovely images, but then, about half way through, when all them wonderful folks began to talk about Michael's humanity i started to cry my eyes out and that is when i went 'thisss is why i didn't do this earlier'.

Truth be told, there wasn't anything new in what they said - we all knew whatta funny (hence the funny scenes thread which i just read through a few mins ago and smiled) funny, kind man Michael was; he only happened to also be the world's most famous man and the greatest artist ever, but beyond all that glory and power there was a truly beautiful human being, in and out, with faults included. It was the way in which they said it, coupled with the images and tripled with the music that really got to me. Oh Lord,....i wish i could stop being such a hypocrite and stop preaching strength to others when, at times, i have none of my own.

Thanks for the advice abigail, i actually got to watch the 'memories of Michael' segment a few days ago. Lately, i've watched the movie very often and one night i said i might as well muster up the courage and try and see that part. I did watch all of it by myself cause my problems are just that - mine and no one else's; there's no need for me to burden anyone with my issues. This is my own policy and it applies to me alone, i try not to project my 'standards' on anyone else. For anybody who can share these experiences and find comfort, that's wonderful.

On the one hand, i was very happy to see Michael in extra scenes and was thinkin' why on earth it took me sooo long to watch it and how i lost all those lovely images, but then, about half way through, when all them wonderful folks began to talk about Michael's humanity i started to cry my eyes out and that is when i went 'thisss is why i didn't do this earlier'.

Truth be told, there wasn't anything new in what they said - we all knew whatta funny (hence the funny scenes thread which i just read through a few mins ago and smiled) funny, kind man Michael was; he only happened to also be the world's most famous man and the greatest artist ever, but beyond all that glory and power there was a truly beautiful human being, in and out, with faults included. It was the way in which they said it, coupled with the images and tripled with the music that really got to me. Oh Lord,....i wish i could stop being such a hypocrite and stop preaching strength to others when, at times, i have none of my own.

Wow you're strong- I cried right from the beginning until the very end of those segments. All the beautiful things they said just made me cry and miss him so much which made me cry even harder :(

I agree there wasn't anything new in what they said but it was great hearing so many people tell the truth. Michael was so extraordinary other people with his life and fame and power would have become cynical and not caring but Michael no matter what happened to him, always remained loving, and down to earth. That is just amazing and special. We are so lucky to be his fans.

Back