Thriller 40th Anniversary

The original, terrible mix of the album that caused Michael to panic and almost not release the album at all. Quincy calmed him down, and they re-mixed one song a day until they got the final product.
Just to avoid any misunderstandings, the mixing itself didn't cause any sound problems. Actually, the original mix was as great as the final mix.

The shitty sound occured after the mastering for the LP. They simply had too much playtime on each side of the refrence acetate.

Just to avoid any misunderstandings, the mixing itself didn't cause any sound problems. Actually, the original mix was as great as the final mix.

The shitty sound occured after the mastering for the LP. They simply had too much playtime on each side of the refrence acetate.
Why did bruce spend time re mixing if the mix was fine? (genuine question)

The thriller40 documentary should have been 120 minutes long, just like the bad25 video material, there is enough material from the making of Thriller beat it billie jean and the studio session was saved, again disappointing

You're just gonna start bashing it anyway lol.
I called it. Was this the most revolutionary thing ever? Of course not. MJs still dead, so well be unhappy anyway.

Was it actively garbage like some people are starting to insist? Again, not really. All that matters is if it's got optics on it, and, guess what, it does. If it gets us any new MJ fans that's huge. Probably not though, that's the biopics job.

I kinda wanna run an experiment to see what people would enjoy more, Sonic Fantasy, or Thriller 40.

But I don't wanna pit two things celebrating Michael against each other. We should be glad for variety if anything.

I kinda wanna run an experiment to see what people would enjoy more, Sonic Fantasy, or Thriller 40.

But I don't wanna pit two things celebrating Michael against each other. We should be glad for variety if anything.
Sonic Fantasy was more technical. Thriller 40 was more artsy. Depends what you prefer. Combine both and I think everyone would be happy.

So...Um...It was good. M gets a bit rawry lol
i loved the ...nah ain't telling ya. LOL

Thriller 40, no question.

Sonic Fantasy is for the hardcore fans who thrive on anecdotes and stories. The general public wouldn’t be as interested methinks.

Thriller 40, no question.

Sonic Fantasy is for the hardcore fans who thrive on anecdotes and stories. The general public wouldn’t be as interested methinks.
Why do we always have to mention the general public? I'm so sick of hearing that. A fan is a fan. U can always introduce them to new things but by now....I'd love to know the definition of "general" public because it makes no since to keep repeating that. Thats mainly an excuse "the mj community" gives for the estate when they waste our time. Why include where mj started on EVERY DOCUMENTARY!! "It all started in that small house in Gary IN. 9 kids in a 2bedroom house. Father jo was a steel mill worker who wanted the best for his kids. If I hear that story 1more time!! There's no excuse as to why or how bad had 2hrs & more tracks but wouldn't even discuss demos, people who actually were there, people who worked on the album, the process, more than 2-3 sec/30-1min clips for thriller....I just wanna say...there is no general public. You have fans & non fans. Simple.

Why do we always have to mention the general public? I'm so sick of hearing that. A fan is a fan. U can always introduce them to new things but by now....I'd love to know the definition of "general" public because it makes no since to keep repeating that. Thats mainly an excuse "the mj community" gives for the estate when they waste our time. Why include where mj started on EVERY DOCUMENTARY!! "It all started in that small house in Gary IN. 9 kids in a 2bedroom house. Father jo was a steel mill worker who wanted the best for his kids. If I hear that story 1more time!! There's no excuse as to why or how bad had 2hrs & more tracks but wouldn't even discuss demos, people who actually were there, people who worked on the album, the process, more than 2-3 sec/30-1min clips for thriller....I just wanna say...there is no general public. You have fans & non fans. Simple.
Objectively, there’s a difference between those of us on this forum and people who have a casual interest in MJ. The latter are the “general public.”

Fine then. Fans who don't log into Mjjcommunity and read everything on the Unreleased Song thread, or subscribe to the MJ YouTube channels.
You do that extremely more than anybody... so i would definitely expect that from you🤣

this is totally crazy!!

GAxGsekWUAI1_cy
GAxGsekW4AAvIgs
GAxGsekWYAABpWQ
GAxGsekWUAMGF3k

Two big enemies??

One must be The Estate ?? Who is the other? SONY ?

Back