TII - DVD/Blu Ray (Deals and Packages) Thread

On that Best Buy link, it looks like they're re-releasing all of MJ's early solo albums. Good stuff.

Is is true that there is a Memorial Edition coming out????

If so, what's in it that's different and where can I buy it?????????

I pre-ordered the Blu-Ray version at Best Buy today and picked up the Steelbook package. It's really nice. However, I noticed two things -

1. Despite getting the Blu-Ray version of the Steelbook (there was a sticker on the shrinkwrap mentioning Blu-Ray, so I got the right one), the Steelbook has the DVD logo on the spine instead of the Blu-Ray one.

2. It's made to hold two discs - I got the impression that the Blu-Ray version was only going to be one disc.

Yes as posted earlier no matter what you pre-order at BestBuy you will always get the DVD Steelbook - I don't think they are making one for the Blu-Ray, so you will have to house your disc in that. It's supposed to be for the 2 disc DVD version.

MJ01.jpg

Last edited:
That's kinda stupid :D I won't be getting Steel Edition. *Waits for another edition, lol*

Taiwan now have a Blu-Ray Steelbook Gift Set - anyone read what is says is included? Looks like the Blu-Ray booklet not sure what those other things are though.
thisisitbd1.jpg

Footage of Mike in dance studio!

EDIT: Oooh, and we can see MJ Air! This is rather exciting. Thanks for posting by the way :)

Last edited:
Loving the trailer but I don't believe for one second they would use that soundtrack! We need to find the source - the original one and in HD!

i paused it at 13 seconds, its very hard to get it just right, but i saw MJ with fedora in a classic billie jean move pose i wanna see a rehearsal in fuller costume for it, but i think the dancing probably aint as great, which is why it wasnt in the film, but you never know

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(It made me sad... honestly...)

Very weird video actually: new awesome episodes are revealed but soundtrack and title are very very amateur in the end...

What exactly is a steelbook? I've never heard of it. I'm guessing its a steel case to store the CD, but is there more to it than that?

I pre-ordered on Amazon the day it became available, but they had no extras mentioned. If I see a better deal/bundle I can still cancel.

I'm confused about the trailer's choice of music but its still amazing. Loved seeing the dance studio footage and MJ Air. Makes me so sad though.

uggh why does only bestbuy offer the steelbook case with the bluray version :S ??

You cant put international orders there!!

I'm confused I don't know which one to buy. I'm in the U.S. and I want to get the one with all the extras and behind the scenes stuff. Is the Blu Ray collectors edition the only one with all the behind the scenes stuff?

I'm confused I don't know which one to buy. I'm in the U.S. and I want to get the one with all the extras and behind the scenes stuff. Is the Blu Ray collectors edition the only one with all the behind the scenes stuff?

If you have a Blu-Ray player buy the BR edition.
If not, go for the 2-disc DVD set and get the BR extras somewhere else.

It's not worth buying a Blu-Ray player now. Wait a year and than get one if you need it.

It's not worth buying a Blu-Ray player now. Wait a year and than get one if you need it.

OK thanks. Cause I have been thinking of getting a blu ray player just for this. I may wait.:)

OK thanks. Cause I have been thinking of getting a blu ray player just for this. I may wait.:)

Yeah, it's the best thing to do :) advancement in this field is so fast it's really worth the wait. And the prices are dropping every month.

Is it ok to order from australia? I want the deluxe Blu-ray edition, but I can't find it anywhere in Norway..

Argh, I want the Blu-Ray steelbook too!!

Hi guys
So glad i found this thead,ok im from uk and was wondering if someone could tell me all the editions we can get be it dvd nd blueray and what comes with each one,as im really confussed about all the editions that will be on sale in uk,thanks guys really appricate it loads xoxo

No 2-disc US edition yet? Heck, I wanted to pre-order it, but my PS2 won't run region 2 DVDs (as UK edition is the only avaible as of now). He runs regions 0 and 4, though (and 1, I think).

Anyway... I'm get confused, very confused about the bonus content. I mean... Why I have the impression that it's most about the band, dancers and whatever plus their stories about the rehearsals and not Michael? Why I have the feeling I won't be seeing much of him rehearsing? Oh man. I think I won't be getting the double disc edition if the second disc is really just that and not Mike.

OK - but where can we get the BR extras from if it's not from the BR disc?

Blu-ray players are getting cheap especially online. But the PS3 is still one of the best you can get.

Back