Update @pg9/ MJJC Murray Trial Organization - Time for Justice for Michael - Join Case Team

Re: MJJC Conrad Murray Trial Organization - Time for Justice for Michael - Join to Case Team

A sub forum might be a lot of work, but I dont see how we could avoid it, because like Bumper said, people who read the translations will want to comment, and maybe ask questions; in which case, we'll have to check the english thread and translate when it's needed (medical and legal stuff). If I understand right what you said JMie, there would be one translation thread for each language?

Re: MJJC Conrad Murray Trial Organization - Time for Justice for Michael - Join to Case Team

How about something like this if it's not too much:

SUBFORUM: JACKSON vs MURRAY REPORTS FOR NON-ENGLISH SPEAKERS

THREADS (in alphabetical order):

ARABIC (translations)
ARABIC (discussion)

CHINESE (translations)
CHINESE (discusson)

FRENCH (translations)
FRENCH (discussion)

etc.

@Milka, Ben, Jmie, Ivy and others

Those who work as translators know how demanding this job is. So if we don't have time, let's not forget that we always have the option of reporting the summaries without directly translating them. What is important here is the info, not the literature or the author's style.

Those who work as translators know how demanding this job is. So if we don't have time, let's not forget that we always have the option of reporting the summaries without directly translating them. What is important here is the info, not the literature or the author's style.

Yes, I thought about doing that, not necessarily literal translations, or not all the time, especially if we can't find other German speakers to help me (here's still hoping though). Just to get the info out there. I translated a lot in the Fukushima thread, sometimes literal translation (including not always picking the correct word for technical terms, but I think people still understood), sometimes just a summary, and it was harder, it was from German to English, English to German is easier. So I sort of know what to expect, I just don't know if it'll be too much for me, depending on how long the daily summaries are going to be.

May I ask....will you decide in advance which media you prefer to report from...and which not. ie will you want to keep an eye on the tabloids, or concentrate only on the reputable media?

Personally I have no intention of starting clicking on tabloids sites.

How about something like this if it's not too much:

SUBFORUM: JACKSON vs MURRAY REPORTS FOR NON-ENGLISH SPEAKERS

THREADS (in alphabetical order):

ARABIC (translations)
ARABIC (discussion)

CHINESE (translations)
CHINESE (discusson)

FRENCH (translations)
FRENCH (discussion)

etc.

That's how I saw it too, if it's not too much to organize.

Absolutely agree on translation thing.

May I ask....will you decide in advance which media you prefer to report from...and which not. ie will you want to keep an eye on the tabloids, or concentrate only on the reputable media?

Personally I have no intention of starting clicking on tabloids sites.

Unfortunately many people prefer reading easy things, i.e. tabloids. So, we'd also need a sub-forum (in English) where we could offer counter-argument to every story in the tabloids. In non-English forums, in the discussion section, they could be discussed.

I get a lot of questions about translations and if it comes with any rules and requirements. The simple answer is no.

Our goal is to do English summaries and get them translated to other languages so that other fans around the world that cannot speak or understand English would have first hand and high quality information provided to them. Like I said before it's a fan community service we decided to do for other fans.

We would hope that the translators can translate the English summaries as fast as possible, but if you can't , don't have the time, rather do a simplified version or not do it at all it's fine. This is a volunteer position so there's no rules or regulations or requirements. It's just about trying to do our best.

In the prelims we reported from media that has been the fastest. Generally it is LA Times (LA Now), CNN, In Session, and AP. TMZ is allowed and Radar Online is also used a lot. For the rest use discretion and/or place warnings such as tabloids etc.

I know that we were discussing Nancy Grace and such but I don't think we have a rule on that. I'll check it and let everyone know if we have "not allowed" media.

edited to add : We know that 2 autopsy pictures will be shown during the trial. If they leak and become public, I can clearly tell you that they will not be allowed on MJJC.

I get a lot of questions about translations and if it comes with any rules and requirements. The simple answer is no.

Our goal is to do English summaries and get them translated to other languages so that other fans around the world that cannot speak or understand English would have first hand and high quality information provided to them. Like I said before it's a fan community service we decided to do for other fans.

We would hope that the translators can translate the English summaries as fast as possible, but if you can't , don't have the time, rather do a simplified version or not do it at all it's fine. This is a volunteer position so there's no rules or regulations or requirements. It's just about trying to do our best.

In the prelims we reported from media that has been the fastest. Generally it is LA Times (LA Now), CNN, In Session, and AP. TMZ is allowed and Radar Online is also used a lot. For the rest use discretion and/or place warnings such as tabloids etc.

I know that we were discussing Nancy Grace and such but I don't think we have a rule on that. I'll check it and let everyone know if we have "not allowed" media.

And when are you going to release my family that you are holding to ransome?

I really don't think the discussion threads in other languages will be busy. I think people will most likely just take the translations to their own forums and discuss it there. But it's ok. As long as the correct info reaches the fans...

I really don't think the discussion threads in other languages will be busy. I think people will most likely just take the translations to their own forums and discuss it there. But it's ok. As long as the correct info reaches the fans...

Maybe you're right. My only concern is that the info doesnt get lost in convos.

Well I said only in case if those reports attract people and are willing to discuss them, it'd be better to keep the discussions in a separate thread rather than in the same threads. I presume there are already many non-English speakers who are subscribed but who never dare post things because of the language barrier.

^^^ I agree. We should have discussion threads in case somebody wants to ask a question etc.

And when are you going to release my family that you are holding to ransome?

Probably as soon as you pay the ransom. What was it? A cookie and a glass of milk? :cheeky:

You are probably right, but at the same time I know that there are people on here that don't really like to post in English, so who knows. For them it will be great to have threads in their own language.

Probably as soon as you pay the ransom. What was it? A cookie and a glass of milk? :cheeky:

A milka chocolate. :D

@Ivy

As you are going to be busy with the summaries, did you find anyone who could record "Law & Order" for you so that you can catch up with it later? :D

Hm ... I think people are making fun of me in here, I don't know, I can't shake the feeling, I don't know where it's coming from, but I can't shake it. :bugeyed

I didn't want to be totally unprepared, so I just translated some article in one of the preliminary hearing threads. It was about one screen page long and took me about an hour, then I had to let it just sit there for a while, read it again and correct a couple of mistakes. There were some "technical terms" in there though, it took me a while to find the correct translation for those. Without them it would have probably taken me about half an hour. I might look through the preliminary hearing threads a bit and look for technical terms and make a list of them in the next couple of days, because I'm sure the same ones will be used in the summaries as well. Should make things a bit easier and faster, I hope.

Hm ... I think people are making fun of me in here, I don't know, I can't shake the feeling, I don't know where it's coming from, but I can't shake it. :bugeyed

I didn't want to be totally unprepared, so I just translated some article in one of the preliminary hearing threads. It was about one screen page long and took me about an hour, then I had to let it just sit there for a while, read it again and correct a couple of mistakes. There were some "technical terms" in there though, it took me a while to find the correct translation for those. Without them it would have probably taken me about half an hour. I might look through the preliminary hearing threads a bit and look for technical terms and make a list of them in the next couple of days, because I'm sure the same ones will be used in the summaries as well. Should make things a bit easier and faster, I hope.

http://www.wordreference.com/

http://iate.europa.eu/iatediff/switchLang.do?success=mainPage&lang=de

http://www.proz.com/

Fellow German speakers, please don't be shy. ;) I really need help.

I think basically I could help out with German, it's just time that I don't have much of. But you can ask me anytime, and if it's possible, I'll love to help something here.
And Milka, would you maybe share your list with the medical / juristic / technical terms :hug: ?

LOL @Milka. You make me hungry!

It's a good idea to get ready re-technical terms. Was also wondering how we can get organized, Bumper, on who will translate what, so we dont spend time on the same things.

Thank you! I usually use this dictionary:

http://dict.leo.org/

It's very good, but sometimes their translations don't work in certain contexts or sound strange, then I just google it. It's weird, I said English to German is easier, but I might have been wrong in this case, because I only every read articles and posts about the Murray case in English on this forum or elsewhere, so there are a lot of words that I understand but can't immediately translate into German. It's a bit as if German was my second language. How weird. But I'll manage. If you have some more links, please post them.

I think basically I could help out with German, it's just time that I don't have much of. But you can ask me anytime, and if it's possible, I'll love to help something here.

Ok, thank you, I'll just PM you if I need help. If you could at least help with proof-reading sometimes, that would be great.

And Milka, would you maybe share your list with the medical / juristic / technical terms :hug: ?

Yes, I'll post it in this thread or something. But it'll take me until the start of the trial, I guess, I'll work on the list a couple of minutes here and there. It's silly, it starts with things like "chief of staff". I know what that means, I understand it, but I really had no idea how to translate it. So I just looked through a couple of German news articles that mentioned Michael Amir, and they used "Personalchef", and I was like :doh: - like I said, in this case German is like my second language.

http://dict.leo.org/

It's very good, but sometimes their translations don't work in certain contexts or sound strange, then I just google it. It's weird, I said English to German is easier, but I might have been wrong in this case, because I only every read articles and posts about the Murray case in English on this forum or elsewhere, so there are a lot of words that I understand but can't immediately translate into German. It's a bit as if German was my second language. How weird. But I'll manage. If you have some more links, please post them.

-Wordreference is the general dictionary with some common technical terms.
-Eurodicautom is a glossary built up by the translators including difficult terms and neologisms.
-Proz.com has all the necassary links to the dictionaries and all technical glossaries such as medical and legal stuff within the site and in all possible languages. You can also directly ask some help by posting difficult terms or sentences. The site is run by the translators for the translators.

By the way, all those who wanna translate, I am encouraging you to get familiar with proz.com it could be extremely helpful.

@Ben and for those who translatre into French, in addition to what I've provided you can also take a look at this extremely useful technical glossary:

www.granddictionnaire.com

Milka;3479270 said:
... If you have some more links, please post them.
Here are some links that you may find useful for EN->DE translations (definition of terms) when translating or preparing the Case summaries:

Das kompakte Wörterbuch mit über 30.000 medizinischen Begriffen pro Sprache (insgesamt 60.000)
http://www.englischwoerterbuch-medizin.de/

Medizinlexikon - Medizinisches Wörterbuch & Lexikon
http://www.imedo.de/medizinlexikon

Roche Lexikon Medizin 5. Auflage
Die umfassende Informationsbasis zu Medizin und Gesundheit bietet:
• Über 140.000 suchbare Einträge,
davon
• über 60.000 englische Fachbegriffe,
• über 2.200 Abbildungen, Schemata und Tabellen,
• interaktive anatomische Bildtafeln.
http://www.tk.de/rochelexikon/

Medizinisches Wörterbuch
http://www.klinik.uni-frankfurt.de/tumorzentrum/wort.htm

Das medizinische Linkwörterbuch
http://www.best-med-link.de/

Lexikon Medizin
http://www.med-kolleg.de/medizin-lexikon/

Lernsoftware für die Heilberufe vom LSM-Verlag
http://www.lsm-verlag.de/wort/wrtbook.htm

Fachwörterbuch Medizin: Englisch-Deutsch von Fritz-Jürgen Nöhring (pdf-Seiten, aber ist recht gut, ca. 110 000 Tsd. Fachbegriffe
http://books.google.de/books?id=JHTQiGiY9KAC&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q&f=false

Deutsch-Englisch-Übersetzung für: Medizin
http://en-de.dict.cc/deutsch-englisch/Medizin.html

Milka;3479281 said:
...they used "Personalchef", and I was like :doh: - like I said, in this case German is like my second language.

Well, "Personalchef" is the same as "Personalabteilungsleiter, Personalleiter" = HR Manager (Human Resources Manager) :p

Thanks for the links, I'll check the translation sites when I'm on my computer.

Danke fuer die Links! I'll look through them later.

Well, "Personalchef" is the same as "Personalabteilungsleiter, Personalleiter" = HR Manager (Human Resources Manager) :p

Doh! ;) I really have to read German news articles, also during the trial, to see what words they use. Should make it easier, but also more consistent for people who don't speak English and read those articles. A lot less confusing for them if I use the same words. Wouldn't be a bad idea for people who translate into other languages either, I guess. One of the problems with "Personalchef" and why I couldn't think of that word or a similar one - I don't see Michael as a "company", so when it comes to those kind of terms, my mind just goes blank. ;)

I covered the pretrial for major Polish forum and I'm willing to continue with the accurate trial. If there's a need to post Polish transcripts also here on MJJC, I can do so.
I could also check the local plus the German news articles.
And if I could help in any other way, you can count on me.

Ok, I started with the list, it's really really hard to read through all this, as you can imagine ... I think I need a hug ...

This list might also help people who translate into other languages, they can just take the words from this list and find translations for their languages and don't have to read through the respective threads.

I will add more to THIS POST in the next couple of days, so if you want to use the list, bookmark this post and check it maybe once a day. There is no particular order in this list, if you are looking for a word, just use the search thingy (CTRL F).

preliminary hearing Voruntersuchung
chief of staff Personalleiter
security staffer Security Angestellter
chief of security Leiter der Security
involuntary manslaughter fahrlaessige Toetung
paramedics Sanitaeter
CPR Reanimation
personal physician Leibarzt
Deputy District Attorney stellvertretender Bezirksstaatsanwalt
opening statement(s) Eroeffnungsplaedoyer
closing arguments(s) Schlussplaedoyer
benzodiazepine(s) Benzodiazepin(e)
security guard Sicherheitsbediensteter/Wachmann
paraphernalia Utensilien
fixed and dilated (eyes) starr und geweitet (Augen)
testimony Zeugenaussage
coroner Gerichtsmediziner

acute propofol intoxication in combination with the contributory effects of benzodiazepines
akute Propofol-Vergiftung in Verbindung mit der Wirkung von Benzodiazepinen

civil lawsuit Zivilprozess/Zivilverfahren
vial Ampulle
intravenous bag Infusionsbeutel
syringe Injektionsspritze/Spritze
chest compression(s) Herzdruckmassage
cross-examination Kreuzverhoer
objection Einspruch
sustained stattgegeben (Einspruch)
overruled abgelehnt (Einspruch)
underlying medical condition Vorerkrankung
pleaded (not guilty) (nicht schuldig) bekannt
prosecutor Anklaeger/Staatsanwalt
evidence Beweisfuehrung/Beweis(e)/Indiz(ien)
flatlined erlitt Herzstillstand
detectives Kriminalbeamte
drug withdrawal Drogenentzug
to read riot act jemandem die Leviten lesen

an extreme deviation from the standard of care
extreme Abweichungen vom Pflegestandard

sedative Sedativ/Beruhigungsmittel
overflow room Mithoersaal
defendant Angeklagter
IV stand/IV pole Infusionsstaender
dehydrated dehydriert
asystole Herzstillstand
bond/bail Kaution
logistics director Logistikleiter

suppress the respiratory system
in etwa: die Atmung behindern/unterdruecken (durch verengte Atemwege)

monitoring device Ueberwachungsgeraet
urinary catheter Blasenkatheter/Harnkatheter
direct examination Direktverhoer
redirect examination nochmaliges Direktverhoer (des eigenen Zeugen nach Kreuzverhoer)
epinephrine Adrenalin
atropine Atropin
911 operator Notruf-Bediensteter
central line Zentralvenenkatheter
femoral artery Oberschenkelschlagader
gurney (Kranken)trage
ET tube (endotracheal tube) Endotrachealtubus
nasal canula Nasenkanuele
jugular (vein) Hals(ader)
hypodermic needle Injektionsnadel
gauge 24 needle Injektionsnadel der Groesse 24
lidocaine Lidocain

balloon pump (intraaortale) Ballonpumpe
oxygen tank Sauerstoffflasche
recreational drugs Freizeitdrogen
IV catheter IV-Katheter
IV tubing Infusionsschlauch
Ambu bag Ambu-Beutel (Beatmungsbeutel)
saline bag Infusionsbeutel mit Kochsalzloesung
urine pad Urinauflage
blood pressure cuff Blutdruckmanschette
finger pulse monitor Fingerpulsmessgeraet
IV clamp Infusionsklemme (?)
Coroner Investigator gerichtsmedizinischer Ermittler
urine jug Urinflasche
gauze Mullbinde
toxicologist Toxikologe
attorney-client privilege Anwaltsgeheimnis
computer forensics examiner Computerforensik-Ermittler

insurance broker Versicherungsvertreter/Versicherungsmakler
pharmacist Apotheker
to take the stand in den Zeugenstand treten
capsule Kapsel
over-the-counter rezeptfrei erhaeltlich/nicht verschreibungspflichtig
ephedrine Ephedrin
shipping location/address Lieferadresse
criminalist Kriminalist
senior criminalist Chef-Kriminalist
Robbery Homicide detective in etwa: Kriminalbeamter im Bereich Kapitalverbrechen
dependency Abhaengigkeit
wean off entwoehnen
diaphragmatic motion Zwerchfellbewegung (im Zusammenhang mit Atmung)
dermatological condition Hautproblem/Hautkrankheit
suspend license Lizenz entziehen
forensic pathologist forensischer Pathologe
homicide Toetungsdelikt/Totschlag
esophagus Speiseroehre
Chief of Forensic Medicine Leiter der forensischen Medizin
anesthesiologist Anaesthesist/Facharzt fuer Anaesthesiologie
clinical pharmacologist klinischer Pharmakologe
adverse effects Nebenwirkungen
Deputy Attorney General stellvertretender Generalstaatsanwalt
to stand trial sich vor Gericht verantworten
negligence Faehrlaessigkeit
arraignment Anklageerhebung/Anklageverlesung
motion Antrag (vor Gericht)
cease and desist order Unterlassungsanordnung
very high-profile VIP hochkaraetiger VIP
motion to dismiss Antrag auf Klageabweisung
heart blood wahrscheinlich: Blut aus dem Herzen entnommen

Flomax
for treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia

clonazapam
benzodiazepine drug having anticonvulsant, muscle relaxant, and anxiolytic properties

diazepam
benzodiazepine commonly used for treating anxiety, insomnia, seizures including status epilepticus, muscle spasms (such as in cases of tetanus), restless legs syndrome, alcohol withdrawal, benzodiazepine withdrawal and Ménière's disease ("Valium")

lorazepam
benzodiazepine drug that has all five intrinsic benzodiazepine effects: anxiolytic, amnesic, sedative/hypnotic, anticonvulsant and muscle relaxant.

tomazepam
intermediate-acting 3-hydroxy benzodiazepine. It is mostly prescribed for the short-term treatment of sleeplessness in patients who have difficulty maintaining sleep. In addition, temazepam has anxiolytic (anti-anxiety), anticonvulsant, and skeletal muscle relaxant properties

trazodone
antidepressant of the serotonin antagonist and reuptake inhibitor (SARI) class. It is a phenylpiperazine compound. Trazodone also has anxiolytic, and hypnotic effects.

tizanidine
drug that is used as a muscle relaxant. It is a centrally acting α2 adrenergic agonist. It is used to treat the spasms, cramping, and tightness of muscles caused by medical problems such as multiple sclerosis, spastic diplegia, back pain, or certain other injuries to the spine or central nervous system. It is also prescribed off-label for migraine headaches, as a sleep aid, and as an anticonvulsant. It is also prescribed for some symptoms of fibromyalgia.

hydrocodone
semi-synthetic opioid derived from either of two naturally occurring opiates—codeine and thebaine. It is an orally active narcotic analgesic (pain reliever) and antitussive (cough suppressant).

lidocane
local anesthetic

benequin
Vitiligo creme

midazalom
short-acting drug in the benzodiazepine class that is used for treatment of acut seizures, moderate to severe insomnia, and for inducing sedation and amnesia before medical procedures

ephedrine
sympathomimetic amine commonly used as a stimulant, appetite suppressant, concentration aid, decongestant, and to treat hypotension associated with anaesthesia

Last edited:
Back