Update @pg9/ MJJC Murray Trial Organization - Time for Justice for Michael - Join Case Team

Re: MJJC Conrad Murray Trial Organization - Time for Justice for Michael - Join to Case Team

Hey Milka thank you for your hard work - here comes your hug my friend.:p:huggy:

Re: MJJC Conrad Murray Trial Organization - Time for Justice for Michael - Join to Case Team

Fellow German speakers, please don't be shy. ;) I really need help.

I would like to help a little bit but I just checked my appointments calendar and my problem will be the lack of time:(. But if you need help I'll try to help you.:)

Hey Milka thank you for your hard work - here comes your hug my friend.:p:huggy:

Thank you! :huggy:

And btw., I was just thinking, because I said I don't see Michael as a "company" - he is just the guy jumping around in his gold pants singing things like "there's something about you, baby, that makes me want to give it to you" (I can't even type that without blushing!) while at the same time maintaining his "virgin" and "angel" image - a true master at creating cognitive dissonance in people. Don't hit me, I'm just joking. I think. A little bit. :cheeky:

Thank you Ivy, yes i'm always here to help Michael in anyway I can :flowers:

@Ben

I suppose that the first who has the intention to translate an article will have to send a pm to his team. Or, post a public message in the specific thread "TITLE + translation in progress". Once it has been translated, the "TITLE + translation in progress" should be replaced by the actual translation. That way, other translators will be aware which summary is being translated.

@Ivy and summary team, don't forget to put the titles for each summary please. Preferably different for each summary. Thanks.

@Everyone

Please DO NOT EVER use the Google Translator for your translations. Thank you.

@Everyone

Please DO NOT EVER use the Google Translator for your translations. Thank you.

And if you do, you won't understand your own translation.

I just added a couple more words to my list.

Ok, I started with the list, it's really really hard to read through all this, as you can imagine ... I think I need a hug ...

This list might also help people who translate into other languages, they can just take the words from this list and find translations for their languages and don't have to read through the respective threads.

I will add more to THIS POST in the next couple of days, so if you want to use the list, bookmark this post and check it maybe once a day. There is no particular order in this list, if you are looking for a word, just use the search thingy (CTRL F).

preliminary hearing Voruntersuchung
chief of staff Personalleiter
security staffer Security Angestellter
chief of security Leiter der Security
involuntary manslaughter fahrlaessige Toetung
paramedics Sanitaeter
CPR Reanimation
personal physician Leibarzt
Deputy District Attorney stellvertretender Bezirksstaatsanwalt
opening statement(s) Eroeffnungsplaedoyer
closing arguments(s) Schlussplaedoyer
benzodiazepine(s) Benzodiazepin(e)
security guard Sicherheitsbediensteter/Wachmann
paraphernalia Utensilien
fixed and dilated (eyes) starr und geweitet (Augen)
testimony Zeugenaussage
coroner Gerichtsmediziner

acute propofol intoxication in combination with the contributory effects of benzodiazepines
akute Propofol-Vergiftung in Verbindung mit der Wirkung von Benzodiazepinen

civil lawsuit Zivilprozess/Zivilverfahren
vial Ampulle
intravenous bag Infusionsbeutel
syringe Injektionsspritze/Spritze
chest compression(s) Herzdruckmassage
cross-examination Kreuzverhoer
objection Einspruch
sustained stattgegeben (Einspruch)
overruled abgelehnt (Einspruch)
underlying medical condition Vorerkrankung
pleaded (not guilty) (nicht schuldig) bekannt
prosecutor Anklaeger/Staatsanwalt
evidence Beweisfuehrung/Beweis(e)/Indiz(ien)
flatlined erlitt Herzstillstand
detectives Kriminalbeamte
drug withdrawal Drogenentzug
to read riot act jemandem die Leviten lesen

an extreme deviation from the standard of care
extreme Abweichungen vom Pflegestandard

sedative Sedativ/Beruhigungsmittel
overflow room Mithoersaal
defendant Angeklagter
IV stand Infusionsstaender
dehydrated dehydriert
asystole Herzstillstand
bond Kaution
logistics director Logistikleiter

suppress the respiratory system
in etwa: die Atmung behindern/unterdruecken (durch verengte Atemwege)

monitoring device Ueberwachungsgeraet
urinary catheter Blasenkatheter/Harnkatheter
direct examination Direktverhoer
redirect examination nochmaliges Direktverhoer (des eigenen Zeugen nach Kreuzverhoer)
epinephrine Adrenalin
atropine Atropin
911 operator Notruf-Bediensteter
central line Zentralvenenkatheter
femoral artery Oberschenkelschlagader
gurney (Kranken)trage
ET tube (endotracheal tube) Endotrachealtubus
nasal canula Nasenkanuele
jugular (vein) Hals(ader)
hypodermic needle Injektionsnadel
gauge 24 needle Injektionsnadel der Groesse 24
lidocaine Lidocain

balloon pump (intraaortale) Ballonpumpe
oxygen tank Sauerstoffflasche
recreational drugs Freizeitdrogen
IV catheter IV-Katheter
IV tubing Infusionsschlauch
Ambu bag Ambu-Beutel (Beatmungsbeutel)
saline bag Infusionsbeutel mit Kochsalzloesung
urine pad Urinauflage
blood pressure cuff Blutdruckmanschette
finger pulse monitor Fingerpulsmessgeraet
IV clamp Infusionsklemme (?)
Coroner Investigator gerichtsmedizinischer Ermittler
urine jug Urinflasche
gauze Mullbinde
toxicologist Toxikologe
attorney-client privilege Anwaltsgeheimnis
computer forensics examiner Computerforensik-Ermittler

Milka, I've reworked your glossary to add one more language and made up a simple 3-column Excel table: Case_Glossary.xls (35 KB) (see the screenshot below).

Later on we can sort the terms in alphabetical order and by relevant language as needed.

Last edited:

Dear Members,

As the Conrad Murray trial is getting closer and closer as MJJC it's time for us to focus our attention and efforts to the upcoming trial - This is the time for Justice for Michael.

You will see several organizational changes and new implementations in the next days and weeks. We will keep this thread updated in regards to our plans.

As you know we already announced our partnership with Larry Nimmer for daily reports from the trial.

As of now we also reopened "MJJC Member Support Forum". As unfortunately this trial will force us to relieve Michael's death all over again and it would be hard on all of us emotionally, we believed opening a support forum in where we can come together and hold each other's hand through this hard time is appropriate. StaceyMJ is going to be our leader for the support forum. She will keep you updated about any developments in regards to that. You can access the support forum under the case forum or by clicking this link: http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/forums/257-Member-Support-Discussion

Our goal as MJJC is to make sure that we can bring the correct, fast and complete information about the trial / testimony. We have several alternatives ways we are trying to achieve this. I will keep you updated about how in the upcoming days.

We will also start to form a Case Team. The duty if the Case Team will be following and posting media reports as they are being reported, summarizing daily testimonies and even explaining testimonies. For our Case Team we are currently asking for volunteers. Please reply to this thread if you want to volunteer and what are you willing and able to do and also please write your country. (If the trial is televised only in USA, we might need a team of people from USA to watch and write the testimony summaries).

If there's demand and if we have members willing to do translations we can even have a translator team to translate the daily reports to other languages and share it with other fan clubs around the world.

We are also looking for people that are experienced in legal aspects and perhaps more importantly people from medical field. so please volunteer (and pm me your credentials) if you can decipher and simplify medical information for all of us to understand.

Also as MJJC we will be forming partnerships with several known bloggers and invite them to be a part of our case efforts. Our goal is to be on top of this trial and justice for Michael and we can only achieve this by combining our forces.

Please let us know if you have any ideas, any suggestions how we can make our case efforts any better. and don't forget to volunteer for the Case Team if you can.

Hi Ivy, thanks to you and MJJC for doing this. May I make a suggestion that we add a media advocacy component to the trial organization? While the MJJC Legacy Project Media Advocacy Team will continue to address untrue and sensationalistic stories, I think it would be good to keep that initiative close by the trial organizational postings. After all, this trial is where most of the stories will initiate from anyway. What do you think?

Milka, I've reworked your glossary to add one more language and made up a simple 3-column Excel table: Case_Glossary_11.09.2011.xls (29 KB) (see the screenshot below).

Later on we can sort the terms in alphabetical order and by relevant language as needed.

Wow, that's great! I like my things a bit more messy, I'm more of a mad scientist kind of person, lol. And also ... I don't really know how all these programs work, because I never use them. Sort them any way you want, maybe alphabetical isn't the most important thing, sorting them by "fields" wouldn't be a bad idea. Medical, law and misc. or something?

I'll add more to my list a bit later, I think I'm almost done. Maybe I'll find more threads to look through, I'm done with this one:

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threads/101229-Preliminary-Hearing-Updates-only.-NO-DISCUSSION

And almost done with this one:

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...*Last-Update-January-11th-Last-day-of-prelim*

Is there another one that I missed?

I have a few questions, maybe someone can help me. I have absolutely no idea how to translate "heart blood". I can't just translate it as "Herzblut", because that has a totally different meaning and is a metaphor in German. Maybe someone working in the medical field can help me, is that blood drawn from the heart? Arklove? And I'm a bit unsure about "senior criminalist", I guess that doesn't mean "older criminalist" ;) - is that like the head of that department? I translated it as "Chef-Kriminalist".

^^@Milka

Heart blood? What's the context? Do u mean circulation? Circulatory system?

Wow, that's great! I like my things a bit more messy, I'm more of a mad scientist kind of person, lol. And also ... I don't really know how all these programs work, because I never use them. Sort them any way you want, maybe alphabetical isn't the most important thing, sorting them by "fields" wouldn't be a bad idea. Medical, law and misc. or something?

I'll add more to my list a bit later, I think I'm almost done. Maybe I'll find more threads to look through, I'm done with this one:

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threads/101229-Preliminary-Hearing-Updates-only.-NO-DISCUSSION

And almost done with this one:

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...*Last-Update-January-11th-Last-day-of-prelim*

Is there another one that I missed?

I have a few questions, maybe someone can help me. I have absolutely no idea how to translate "heart blood". I can't just translate it as "Herzblut", because that has a totally different meaning and is a metaphor in German. Maybe someone working in the medical field can help me, is that blood drawn from the heart? Arklove? And I'm a bit unsure about "senior criminalist", I guess that doesn't mean "older criminalist" ;) - is that like the head of that department? I translated it as "Chef-Kriminalist".

It's blood that flows through the heart.

But a whole sentence would be more helpful.

^^ I already answered :p

Oh stop it, you two! :rofl: You need a babysitter.

Let me go look for the context.

Dr, Ruffolo also thinks the numbers of the benzodiazapams from the heart blood, he thinks reflect an injection of a higher dose than what Dr. Murray states he gave.

I think that is actually blood drawn from the heart at the hospital. But I want to make sure.

P.S. I did google it, and it is actually done during autopsies, etc. to test the blood for drugs, etc.

Last edited:

Let me go look for the context.

I think that is actually blood drawn from the heart at the hospital. But I want to make sure.

I think it's the toxicology results from autopsy... It's how they extracted the blood to measure the amount of benzos in the heart...Not sure of the process, I wouldn't be able to explain something like that as I have no idea how it's done...

That quote is wrong though...It's 'benzodiazepines'...Not 'benzodiazapams'...

Last edited:

I edited my other post ... yes, so I think translating it as "blood drawn from the heart" sounds about right. If it comes up during the trial, maybe they will also explain what it means, until then my translation is the gospel, I guess.

P.S. Yes, Arklove, about the benzodiazepines - I think in the preliminary hearing threads a lot was played "by ear" and typed and posted rather quickly.

Arklove IS my babysitter :naughty:

Arklove IS my babysitter :naughty:

Oh, that's why she is always with you! Things are starting to make sense. She probably needs an assistant too, you are a handful.

Wenghua, I added more to the list, the last paragraph starting with "insurance broker". And I added "bail" and "IV pole", see the 2 red lines.

And then, while I was at it, I added a list of meds that I saw mentioned, no translation, but I googled what these meds are used for.

P.S. Link to post: http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...e-Team/page6?p=3479487&viewfull=1#post3479487

Oh, that's why she is always with you! Things are starting to make sense. She probably needs an assistant too, you are a handful.

Wenghua, I added more to the list, the last paragraph starting with "insurance broker". And I added "bail" and "IV pole", see the 2 red lines.

And then, while I was at it, I added a list of meds that I saw mentioned, no translation, but I googled what these meds are used for.

Arklove would welcome an assistant :naughty: Me too :D

Umm, regarding the medical glossary you are building up. Why don't you go to www.proz.com There you have all the glossaries you need. It'll spare you hell of a time.

Check this out:

http://www.proz.com/glossary-translations/

Arklove would welcome an assistant :naughty: Me too :D

WTF? Is that a proposition? A promise? A threat?

Umm, regarding the medical glossary you are building up. Why don't you go to www.proz.com There you have all the glossaries you need. It'll spare you hell of a time.

I think I'm done, but I might need that during the trial (once I manage to solve the mystery of how to use that site, ha). I'm sure a lot more will come up during the trial, and probably the same things more than once, so I'll add more to the list as needed.

Bumper, I told you to keep dreaming :rofl:

And Milka, yes, he's a handful...He needs a good smack :nono:

On Proz.com there is a huge terminology base that uses all the useful ressources including from specialized translators. Click here and take a look for example for "blood heart":

http://www.proz.com/?sp=asearch&term=blood heart&from=eng&to=deu&DICengines=KudoZ|Leo|Ectaco&MTengines=GoogleTrans|Intertran&SEARCHengines=Google|Clusty|MSN&bidir=0&SE_lang=0&entity_id=39725&UsingIE=1

Milka;3480166 said:
And I'm a bit unsure about "senior criminalist", I guess that doesn't mean "older criminalist" ;) - is that like the head of that department? I translated it as "Chef-Kriminalist".
Well, “senior” is equivalent here to German prefix “Ober-“ (like Obergerichtsvollzieher, Oberuntersuchungsfuhrer, Justizobersekretär, Fachoberinspektor) or sometimes Senior (like Senior (und Junior) Partner in einer Kanzlei, e.g.). Muss nicht unbedingt alt sein

Bumper, I told you to keep dreaming :rofl:

I'll keep on dreaming till the dream comes true.

lmao! guys, what are you turning a serious thread into? hahaha

You should use this as your avatar: http://images4.fanpop.com/image/polls/685000/685303_1302384739217_full.jpg :D

Thanks you for the link, Bumper, I think I'll bookmark it, I have no idea how to get to that page from their "home" page, lol.

Wenghua, so I guess Chef-Kriminalist is ok. Yes, I mean no, they don't have to be old, haha, but it's these kind of words that usually throw me off, they make me think in one direction that doesn't make any sense and I can't recover from that for about 10 minutes. ;)

An opportunity :D

Yeah, you wish!

JMie, that's the problem, it's too serious - after reading about 11 pages about the prelim and all the horrible details yesterday and today, I'd go crazy if I didn't have some kind of distraction.

You should use this as your avatar: http://images4.fanpop.com/image/polls/685000/685303_1302384739217_full.jpg :D

Thanks you for the link, Bumper, I think I'll bookmark it, I have no idea how to get to that page from their "home" page, lol.

Wenghua, so I guess Chef-Kriminalist is ok. Yes, I mean no, they don't have to be old, haha, but it's these kind of words that usually throw me off, they make me think in one direction that doesn't make any sense and I can't recover from that for about 10 minutes. ;)

Yeah, you wish!

JMie, that's the problem, it's too serious - after reading about 11 pages about the prelim and all the horrible details yesterday and today, I'd go crazy if I didn't have some kind of distraction.

You go to their homepage, then you click on terminology. Otherwise, browse a bit, it is all about difficulties with specialized translations. You can even post some terms there and translators will each answer back with their proposition backed by the sources.

When I translate some highly technical stuff I go there to save some time. Translators help you researching the terms and you can compare your results with theirs and use the most appropriate for your translation.

Back