USA!!! New MJ SingleS Coming *** Official HT VIDEO ***

Re: USA!!! New Michael Jackson Singles Coming From The Global #1 Album "Michael"

No CD releases? Only radio??

Re: USA!!! New Michael Jackson Singles Coming From The Global #1 Album "Michael"

There will be CD releases right ??

Please tell me BTM and HT will both be released as physical singles too!!

So I take it, you don't recognize the Hollywood Hills.

These can be the Hollywood Hills, but it also can be any mountain / hill from the world. It's not reminiscent of Hollywood. They should have used something like this (a member here posted it):

5hollywoodtonight.jpg

But it would have been also good if they had simply added the Hollywood Sign to those hills in the background, then it would have been reminiscent of Hollywood too.

I don't want to criticize every little thing, though. The quality of a song is much more important than its CD cover.

The HT cover is much better than the BTM one IMO :)

The HT cover is much better than the BTM one IMO :)

To be honest, I think both covers could have been worked out better.
I actually like the BTM one, but it gets boring to see the same face of Michael which was already used for the album cover. I would have prefered a picture / drawing from the Bad, HIStory, Invincible or TII era.

To be honest, I think both covers could have been worked out better.
I actually like the BTM one, but it gets boring to see the same face of Michael which was already used for the album cover. I would have prefered a picture / drawing from the Bad, HIStory, Invincible or TII era.

Well, I agree, I think BTM could have been much more interesting and creative..but they obviously thought that it would be better if it was simple..For whatever reason. I do like the HT cover though, it's pretty nice IMO.

And yeah..I also think they should be using more History/Invincible and later Era's of Michael. It's seems to be this constant thing of Thriller/Bad/Dangerous..but Michael was much more than just those time periods..

Also I've always felt that the era of Michael they use should be based on the time the song was created..but that's just IMO.

Am I the only one confused by the forum lately, I would expect this to be in News and Announcements, but over there is simply speculation and rehashed stories.

HT cover looks awful imo; cheap photoshop job. I've seen people on here make covers 100x better.

Covers do not have to necessarily show the subject of the song. Most artists just slap their pictures on their covers and that's that. MJ himself has covers with only his pic no matter what the song is about. I don't see why Sony should put an all-up-in-your-face Hollywood sign on the cover.

Honestly, I'm not really concerned about the cover art for the CD's. I'm just happy to see that Sony/the Estate haven't given up on the album and will make some additional efforts to promote it. Moreover, I think BTM could do very well as more people become aware of it. It is classic MJ and a bit different from other popular songs which could be an advantage.

MsMo;3272066 said:
New Michael Jackson Singles Coming From The Global #1 Album "Michael"

Both "Behind The Mask" and "Hollywood Tonight" are fan and critical favorites from MICHAEL – the unique collection of Michael Jackson songs completed posthumously and released in December by Sony and his Estate. The album includes material Michael had been working on for future release prior to his passing along with other vintage work he planned to place on future albums. Joe Vogel, author of the upcoming book Man in the Music: The Creative Life and Work of Michael Jackson, wrote that while "Posthumous works are notoriously tricky…This, ultimately, is the most important quality of Michael: it feels like Michael."

Finally they hear our voices !! :clapping: It was not really obvious that they could release BTM as a single ! it's really really great !!

Don't you just *love* press releases which take a long time to say not very much at all?? Where is the confirmation that this will have a physical CD release? Surely *that* would be news worth writing a press release for?

Cover-wise, I'm glad HT is a bit brighter and there has been an attempt to be artistic (has opposed to the overly dark and totally unoriginal BtM cover), but I can't help but feel like it could have been a lot better...

HT cover looks awful imo; cheap photoshop job. I've seen people on here make covers 100x better.

You could be right but this is not the container but the content that matters !:yes:

Don't you just *love* press releases which take a long time to say not very much at all?? Where is the confirmation that this will have a physical CD release? Surely *that* would be news worth writing a press release for?

Cover-wise, I'm glad HT is a bit brighter and there has been an attempt to be artistic (has opposed to the overly dark and totally unoriginal BtM cover), but I can't help but feel like it could have been a lot better...

I hear you. So, after reading the official press release, I still don't know the exact single release dates. I still don't know whether they will have physcial CD release. I guess we just need to wait for another more informative press release.

I highly doubt they'll have physical release in the US though.

I am soo happy to hear that! I just can't wait! Michael will again be all over the radio stations and music televisions!

I am confused why they are releasing one song in some countries and another song in the other countries. I live in Canada so I get Behind the Mask?

I hear you. So, after reading the official press release, I still don't know the exact single release dates. I still don't know whether they will have physcial CD release. I guess we just need to wait for another more informative press release.

I highly doubt they'll have physical release in the US though.

I think you're right. I don't think CD singles have been released in the USA for years now.

Yeh i dont think we get cd singles anymore here either

Dated, shmated...

Behind The Mask is a great, great tune.

Should Billie Jean never be played anymore because it's 'dated'?

Great music is great music and BTM is easily the best song on Michael.

Totally agree! BTM is GREAT- period!

Honestly, I'm not really concerned about the cover art for the CD's. I'm just happy to see that Sony/the Estate haven't given up on the album and will make some additional efforts to promote it. Moreover, I think BTM could do very well as more people become aware of it. It is classic MJ and a bit different from other popular songs which could be an advantage.

Yes, I am happy also. The cover art is just fine by me. A lot more creative than most of MJ's single covers, imo. Most of his covers were simply his portrait, nothing too artistic or anything to do with the song.

Anyway, BTM is a classic Mj song, it reminds us of yesteryear but in a great way, and great music lasts forever and ever.

I don't hold any expectations for the song here in the U.S. frankly. I am an optimist but I have to be realistic. The U.S. hasn't been keen on Michael since late 93. MJ did well the months after he passed here, because well he passed. It's unfortunate but either they still have a problem with his image or they have no taste in music or both. I think it is both.

I hope I am wrong, really do. Maybe it will exceed my expectations. We'll see.

But it is sooooo great that we will get two great songs out there and two great short films. Woo Hoo!

Anyway, BTM is a classic Mj song, it reminds us of yesteryear but in a great way, and great music lasts forever and ever.

I don't hold any expectations for the song here in the U.S. frankly. I am an optimist but I have to be realistic. The U.S. hasn't been keen on Michael since late 93. MJ did well the months after he passed here, because well he passed. It's unfortunate but either they still have a problem with his image or they have no taste in music or both. I think it is both.

But it is sooooo great that we will get two great songs out there and two great short films. Woo Hoo!

I agree. I don't see Michael doing well in the US for the reasons that you mentioned and others. I just hope that Sony and the estate will come up with something that will honor his legacy as an artist.

tricia70 - I seem to always like your posts!!

Great with some positivism and L.O.V.E.

I really hope we get CD singles. Please SONY - PLEASE !!!!

Behind The Mask is a masterpiece. Timeless - Greatness right there!

Totally agree! BTM is GREAT- period!

Yes, I am happy also. The cover art is just fine by me. A lot more creative than most of MJ's single covers, imo. Most of his covers were simply his portrait, nothing too artistic or anything to do with the song.

Nah... I don't think it has to do with Michael's image anymore. Paris' eulogy changed many people's perceptions of Michael. I don't know how many times I heard people said how could Michael Jackson be the freak the media portrayed him to be if he's such a great father.

Older artists, in general, have harder time in getting massive airplays, let alone say a deceased artist. If the artist is not a 16 year old boy or a morden version of Madona, the artist is not gonna get major radio airplays. Furthermore, releasing physical single CD is no longer economic plausible in the deteriorating music industry. Sad but true.

For me, I really don't care whether the single is going to top the chart or lift the sale of the album. Another number one hit is not important. I just wish that a great song like Behind The Mask gets more recognition.

very good news!

I've never seen that silhouette of MJ, WOOOW!.!.!

Anyway, better than BTM cover.

o_O Jam Video......HBO Special promo ad....

o_O Jam Video......HBO Special promo ad.....
Go, Korgnex, I choose you!
Pentum was joking. This silhouette has been used countless times, it's even used by many bootleggers for their pirated products.

This is indeed a very uninspired cover. Looks very cheap.

Edit: It's super effective!

Last edited:

Guys, guys, you can almost see Michael's face in them!!!!!!!!!

^^^^^^^

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back