USA!!! New MJ SingleS Coming *** Official HT VIDEO ***

Re: USA!!! New Michael Jackson Singles Coming From The Global #1 Album "Michael"

I just wish he would get the promotion. When he gets that sales are good.

I don't hold any expectations for the song here in the U.S. frankly. I am an optimist but I have to be realistic. The U.S. hasn't been keen on Michael since late 93. MJ did well the months after he passed here, because well he passed. It's unfortunate but either they still have a problem with his image or they have no taste in music or both. I think it is both.

Obviously it's not about his image because his peers who have great images and have the media support, sold less than he does before and after his death. What really hurts MJ is the crappy promotion and radio bias towards older artists.

Re: USA!!! New Michael Jackson Singles Coming From The Global #1 Album "Michael"

People in the USA werent smart enough to do their research on Michaels "cases"

not only that...currently we have Kesha and Katey Perry, and Justin Beiber...Current music sucks. So no wonder some people dont love MJ's songs.

mj%20-%20hollywood%20tonight.jpg

mj%20-%20behind%20the%20mask.jpg

Michael did HT just a few years ago so why use his 1990s looks?
Will we ever see the more recent Michael on any new releases?
dunno.gif

How much will cost both of them in Euro? any idea?
Is there available for pre-order?

woohoo!! i cnt wait for these

Will HT be released before BTM?

When we'll see HT video?

"In the coming weeks, the Estate and Sony Music will be releasing "Hollywood Tonight" and "Behind the Mask" from the global hit album MICHAEL. "Behind The Mask" will be released as the radio single in countries including the United States, Canada, Japan and France. "Hollywood Tonight" will be the single released to radio in the rest of the world and videos for both songs will be released worldwide. Each Sony Music affiliate will also release more information on the plans in their respective territories."

http://www.michaeljackson.com/us/news/new-michael-jackson-singles-coming-global-1-album-michael?cid=lg:484&utm_medium=post&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=new%20michael%20jackson%20singles%20coming

Last edited:

both videos..

thats great more singles with video :D

Re: USA!!! New MJ SingleS Coming *** Exclusive HT VIDEO clip ***

That "teaser" sucks. I really hope those are just bits from behind the scenes and not a polished finished music video.

wooohoooooooooooooooo!!
SO EXCITED
well done to the estate for keeping us updated and promoting. very encouraging

Why would they feature ladders and production equipment in the video? Anywho, the clip has gotten me pretty excited.

Why would they feature ladders and production equipment in the video? Anywho, the clip has gotten me pretty excited.

thats what i was thinking. is that the 'video' or the 'making of' the video?
are the auditions meant for the HT video dancers or is it part of the storyline with the girl making it into hollywood and auditioning for things?
hmmm

Nah... I don't think it has to do with Michael's image anymore. Paris' eulogy changed many people's perceptions of Michael. I don't know how many times I heard people said how could Michael Jackson be the freak the media portrayed him to be if he's such a great father.

Older artists, in general, have harder time in getting massive airplays, let alone say a deceased artist. If the artist is not a 16 year old boy or a morden version of Madona, the artist is not gonna get major radio airplays. Furthermore, releasing physical single CD is no longer economic plausible in the deteriorating music industry. Sad but true.

For me, I really don't care whether the single is going to top the chart or lift the sale of the album. Another number one hit is not important. I just wish that a great song like Behind The Mask gets more recognition.

I am glad I am wrong about the image thing. I want so bad for Michael to be remembered for all the good things not all the lies.

I see your point about older artists, I never thought about that angle. And I know what you say about the charts, but boy it would be soooo sweet if he topped the charts AND get recognized as the genius songs they are! :yes::angel:Just me dreaming I guess.

I am glad I am wrong about the image thing. I want so bad for Michael to be remembered for all the good things not all the lies.

I see your point about older artists, I never thought about that angle. And I know what you say about the charts, but boy it would be soooo sweet if he topped the charts AND get recognized as the genius songs they are! :yes::angel:Just me dreaming I guess.

i have faith. history will be fair to michael. he was a genius. he will be remembered so.

as for the charts these days, of course it's nice to see him topping the charts. unfortunately, people favor the likes of justin bieber, taylor swift and lady gaga these days. unless sony pulls together a cohesive campaign, i don't expect the new singles to be in top position.

Australia- March 8, 2010

Sony Music has today confirmed the local release of a new single from Michael Jackson.

'Hollywood Tonight' is the second new tune to be lifted from the star's posthumous album 'Michael' and follows on from the release of the Akon duet 'Hold My Hand' at the end of last year.

The Teddy Riley produced track will be officially serviced to local media next Monday, along with the video.

'Michael' the album meanwhile, has now achieved platinum status in 17 countries throughout the world, is double platinum in France, Italy, India and Russia and is gold in Australia and New Zealand.

http://auspop.net/

Oh WOW!!! We get to see fans dancing like MJ!!!!

Woop dee doo....what is so hard about putting some unreleased footage of Michael on it? Hell..even photos would do. Or make it like Tupac's Do for love, animate it. If i want to see a fan video, i can youtube it or make one myself.

Oh WOW!!! We get to see fans dancing like MJ!!!!

Woop dee doo....what is so hard about putting some unreleased footage of Michael on it? Hell..even photos would do. Or make it like Tupac's Do for love, animate it. If i want to see a fan video, i can youtube it or make one myself.

Well they can't do a proper video because the Estate owns them.Sony has only Bucharest DWT and Munich HWT.

The Estate should sell some or GIVE some to Sony. I mean, they should've been into this together.

Anyway, where can I PRE-ORDER!?

so will the HT video clip be on the mj website on the 10th. And is it officially released on the 10th or are we just guessing?

Australia- March 8, 2010

Sony Music has today confirmed the local release of a new single from Michael Jackson.

'Hollywood Tonight' is the second new tune to be lifted from the star's posthumous album 'Michael' and follows on from the release of the Akon duet 'Hold My Hand' at the end of last year.

The Teddy Riley produced track will be officially serviced to local media next Monday, along with the video.

'Michael' the album meanwhile, has now achieved platinum status in 17 countries throughout the world, is double platinum in France, Italy, India and Russia and is gold in Australia and New Zealand.

http://auspop.net/

Thanx for posting that msmo

The storyline of “Hollywood Tonight” charts the journey of a young woman arriving in Hollywood from small town America as she follows her dream to be a star; though her ambition is to be a dancer, her story represents the struggle for every artist or musician struggling to make it in the world.

Wayne Isham, who directed the video for Michael Jackson’s “You Are Not Alone,” returns to one of the very same locations where he filmed in 1995 with Michael – the Pantages Theatre near the famed corner of Hollywood and Vine that has served as a beacon for those drawn to the dream of stardom. In the new video, the Pantages Theater once again becomes the setting for the clip’s spectacular closing but this time they are outside the theater for a “flash mob” dance scene.

http://www.michaeljackson.com/uk/news/hollywood-tonight-video

<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zjGtTUfPcI4" allowfullscreen="" width="640" frameborder="0" height="390"></iframe>

Last edited:
Looks like they used a different version of HT. Some of MJ's vocals are different.

Back