What Are You Listening To?

Re: What are you listening to?

This is a lovely song, which is quite reminiscent of Let It Be/Abbey Road Maca. Taken from the Flaming Pie album, which falls short of the glorious Band on the Run.

I love "dangerous" "smooth criminal" in Michael's songs. It's really cool.

Decided to throw on Tug of War, and I keep forgetting how much I love this song. Could have been on Abbey Road or Let It Be. Soundwise.

Continuing this Paul McCartney trend, I'm playing Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Five! The way it just keeps building and building in it's climax is nothing short of phenomenal, and before you think it can't get any better BOOM! Cue the orchestra! and all these cool fx to back it up. Genius.

Continuing this Paul McCartney trend, I'm playing Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Five! The way it just keeps building and building in it's climax is nothing short of phenomenal, and before you think it can't get any better BOOM! Cue the orchestra! and all these cool fx to back it up. Genius.

My favourite FAVOURITE McCartney song. Bar none. I think. I went mental when he played this in Paris.

My favourite FAVOURITE McCartney song. Bar none. I think. I went mental when he played this in Paris.

You've seen the man???? LUCKY! I'm waiting for him to come back to New Zealand, he hasn't been here in decades :cry:

But definitely one of my most favourite solo McCartney tracks too!!!

What a shame Micharl didn't perform it as an adult, his live vocals in this one are stunning and beautiful.

Loved that David Bowie's song, HIStoric. I should be more familiar with his whole catalogue and not just mostly with his 60s and 70s songs.

Ugh, I love how aggressive that guitar is at 3:30.

What a shame Micharl didn't perform it as an adult, his live vocals in this one are stunning and beautiful.

Loved that David Bowie's song, HIStoric. I should be more familiar with his whole catalogue and not just mostly with his 60s and 70s songs.
You should check some of his later work. Id recommend Blackstar. Gorgeous album, absolute genius.

I've listened to Lazarus what a haunting track, David knew he'd not make it. :( But I should follow your recomendation and listen to the whole abum.

Go watch the music video for Lazarus, it came out just days before he died. Just like with the music on Blackstar, everything in that video clicked when he passed away. Very very poignant... just hauntingly beautiful - all of it.

His 10 minute video for Blackstar is also extremely good. I love the visual style of it.

Fun fact: Blackstar was actually about a minute or two longer in it's original form, but they reduced it to 9:58 so it'd fit within iTunes' restrictions (where singles had to be under 10 minutes).

Last edited:

Speaking of Bowie, here's yet another great piece...

Speaking of Bowie, here's yet another great piece...

Oh Historic, you keep them coming...

I see your Outside track, and I'll raise you another track from that LP .....

Strangers When We Meet (one of my favourite ever performances).

Oh Historic, you keep them coming...

I see your Outside track, and I'll raise you another track from that LP .....

Strangers When We Meet (one of my favourite ever performances).

Hallo Spaceboy is another great one. I first learnt of the song from the compilation I have Nothing has changed, which was the Pet Shop Boys remix. I liked that and ended up discovering the original some time later! I prefer the original more now but I enjoy both immensely!

^^Kinda weird to me to hear a country song with a bunch of cursing and nasty talk in it. The song is like a cowboy version of 2 Live Crew.

Hallo Spaceboy is another great one. I first learnt of the song from the compilation I have Nothing has changed, which was the Pet Shop Boys remix. I liked that and ended up discovering the original some time later! I prefer the original more now but I enjoy both immensely!

Both great songs, but the original is better for me. So you like the Outside album? LOVE the concept of it. Took me a long time to appreciate fully

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Both great songs, but the original is better for me. So you like the Outside album? LOVE the concept of it. Took me a long time to appreciate fully

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

It's definitely an album that takes a few plays to get used to. I really love Hearts Filthy Lesson and Hallo Spaceboy as evidential by their posting, but I'll have to give the album a few more listens whenever I have time before I can comment on the album itself.

Elizabeth_Taylor_2000.jpg

Resting in peace
Ms.Taylor February 27,1932 to March 23,2011

Back