When Do You Guys Expect New Music?

Fun tidbit I just learned: people overseas consider Michael's pronunciation of the word Moscow odd/incorrect. That's just how Americans pronounce it; I'm genuinely surprised that that isn't how it's stated.

AlwaysThere;4234131 said:
Fun tidbit I just learned: people overseas consider Michael's pronunciation of the word Moscow odd/incorrect. That's just how Americans pronounce it; I'm genuinely surprised that that isn't how it's stated.

Funny thing is, I’ve never thought it to be odd, I’m from the UK but never thought anything of it. One of my favourite songs too.

well it always annoyed me how michael trys to rhyme "ooh" sound in "Alone" with "lost" in You Are MY Life lol! "once all alooone, I was looooost.."

Wouldnt surprise me if we get music in the 2022! with the way the estate is handling things looks like we will get in wayyy future

Since Xscape, nearly 5 years ago, what have they done? I just hope we get something soon.

It's about time to at least get a new song.. doesnt habe to be an album, just something new we can jam out to.

I feel like the Estate should leave his music alone. It wasn't meant to be released. If he wanted them to be released, he'd let them know in legal documents. We all know how much of a perfectionist he was. He would have been livid at the amount of material being leaked. We should let Michael's work that was finished speak for itself.

I feel like the Estate should leave his music alone. It wasn't meant to be released. If he wanted them to be released, he'd let them know in legal documents. We all know how much of a perfectionist he was. He would have been livid at the amount of material being leaked. We should let Michael's work that was finished speak for itself.

I think other actions by The Estate would've frustrated him more, personally. Namely selling The Beatles catalogue, releasing fake songs and the whole IRS fiasco.

If he wanted them to be released, he'd let them know in legal documents.

Simultaneously, the argument could be made that if he didn't want any of his demos and unfinished songs to be released, he would've made some sort of acknowledgement of it in his will. Obviously we can assess how he would've felt based on his work ethic and perfectionism, but still, it's something to think about.

Clearly Michael didn't think he was going to die at a young age of 50, hence why he never mentioned anything what should happen to his unreleased songs after his death, in his legal documents.

On the contrary, I think Michael wouldn't mind his unreleased music coming out as long as it stays true to his legacy and benefits his kids and his charities financially.

Last edited:
I agree and also if they sounded good i think that what michael wanted for his music

Here's a question for you guys. If they Estate release a track (hopefully before 2019) what would you want it to be?

A ballad or a dance track? And from what era?

Open to anything although I would like to hear something more recent (2000 onwards)

Here's a question for you guys. If they Estate release a track (hopefully before 2019) what would you want it to be?

A ballad or a dance track? And from what era?

A dance track post Invincible. All In My Name, I'm A Loser, Days In Gloucestershire & Hold My Hold are the only songs that we have heard that were conceived after 2001 and they are all ballads. I wanna hear a dance track from 2002-09. They must be at least one that is finished or nearly finished.

I just want an absolute banger. Pure, raw, MJ power. I was praying Don't Matter To Me would've been that, but hopefully we get a stomper soon.

I want something to move me the way slave to the rhythm did when it first leaked.. something that has real radio potential.. if I were a part of the estate, I'd be looking for a #1 hit before 2020..

Even if the vocal is on point and the instramental isnt.. put it into the right hands. Not just a former hit maker.. someone like bruno Mars (just an example) where he has a great sense of melody, heavily influenced by Michael, and seemingly everything he touches becomes a hit.

I'd love a Dangerous era banger or Mike's version of Joy.
Something from 1998 would be nice, I really liked Michael's direction in 98 seemed like he was looking at going back to his RnB roots

I prefer to hear his unrelease songs with out any collabrations with other artists. Need pure MJ stuff. Also remastered foortage of his concerts etc. and something like thriller 3D. Any collaboration might not reflect his real standard of music. That's how I feel.

Last edited:
If there is a #1 hit potential song - release it and promote it.

I don't think there's a #1 MJ track in the vaults.
Not without being seriously reworked.
IMO opinion most likely #1 track would come from MJ harmonies or perhaps chorus being added to somebody else's track.
I don't think a LNFSG / HMH style of using MJ verses with other guest artist (like JT or Akon) verses will work effectively.

Sorry but IMO MJ tracks sound too dated at this point.
From composition / song structure to lyrics to vocal style.
Times have moved on.

If there is a #1 hit potential song - release it and promote it.

Like MJTruth said, there likely isn't a #1 hit potential song left in the vaults. The music left in the vault is outdated and won't really appeal to today's younger generation. So it would need to be reworked and then a big contemporary artist like Bruno Mars would be needed for a #1 hit. MJ on his own could only really score a top 10 hit, which isn't bad, considering he has been dead for nearly 10 years and his peak in terms of popularity was in the 80s.

MJTruth;4234345 said:
Sorry but IMO MJ tracks sound too dated at this point.
From composition / song structure to lyrics to vocal style. Times have moved on.
Even if his songs did sound modern, Top 40 radio has always mainly been about younger performers for teen & young adult audiences, and even more so now (at least in the USA). They're not likely to play a song by somebody who would be around 60 years old. When was the last time Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, U2, or Janet Jackson had a big pop hit or got radio airplay on Top 40? They still release music. Adult R&B and adult contemporary stations play new songs by older artists, but it's mainly an older audience who listens to those formats. It's not the main Hot 100 chart, in which the upper part is primarily rap songs now and a few pop and country artists. A lot of the regular pop songs that get radio play has a feature by a rapper like Maroon 5 & Cardi B. Paul McCartney managed to get a hit by being on a song by Rihanna & Kanye West. Paul wasn't the main artist on the song though. But none of Paul's newer music by himself is played.

The mainstream artists who get the most views for new music on Youtube are also younger. Here's some songs released in the last year or so

current acts:
Cardi B, Bad Bunny & J Balvin - I Like It
Maroon 5 feat. Cardi B - Girls Like You
Romeo Santos, Daddy Yankee, Nicky Jam - Bella y Sensual
Ella Mai - Boo'd Up
Bruno Mars - That’s What I Like
The Carters (Beyoncé & Jay-Z) - Apes**t
Imagine Dragons - Natural
Eminem - Venom
Childish Gambino - This Is America
XXXTENTACION - Moonlight
Camila Cabello - Never Be the Same
Post Malone ft. Ty Dolla $ign - Psycho
Khalid & Normani - Love Lies
Marshmello feat. Bastille - Happier
Migos feat. Drake - Walk It Talk It
Jaden Smith - Icon
DJ Khaled feat. Justin Bieber, Chance the Rapper, Quavo - No Brainer
DJ Khaled feat. Rihanna, Bryson Tiller - Wild Thoughts
Kendrick Lamar & SZA - All The Stars

veterans:
Paul McCartney - Fuh You
Paul McCartney - Come On To Me 173,585
Janet Jackson & Daddy Yankee - Made For Now
49,565,747 (this is probably partly because of Daddy Yankee, who's really big now)
Sting & Shaggy - Don't Make Me Wait
Sting & Shaggy - Gotta Get Back My Baby
Blondie - Long Time
Sade - Flower Of The Universe
U2 - You’re The Best Thing About Me
Lindsey Buckingham & Christine McVie (Fleetwood Mac) - Sleeping Around the Corner
Marc Anthony, Will Smith, Bad Bunny - Está Rico
Mariah Carey - GTFO
Bell Biv DeVoe - I'm Betta
Willie Nelson - Last Man Standing 1,248,037
Don Henley (Eagles) ft. Dolly Parton - When I Stop Dreaming
Steve Perry - No Erasin'
Johnny Mathis - Run To You
Tony Bennett & Diana Krall - Love Is Here To Stay
Peabo Bryson - Love Like Yours And Mine
Cher - Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!
Ann Wilson (Heart) feat. Warren Haynes - You Don't Own Me

Using "dated" as an insult feels so played out. The pop charts are constantly featuring songs that sound old fashioned -- "Finesse," "Get Lucky," "Shut Up and Dance," "Run Away With Me," "King Kunta," "Uptown Funk," "I Feel it Coming," "Treasure," "Can't Feel My Face," so on and so forth. It doesn't matter if a song sounds current; if it has mass appeal, people will listen to it.

Michael will likely never have a #1 again, but a Top 10 single is more than attainable with the right song.

Back