Where Are Michael's Ancestors From?

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1051x840 and weights 173KB.
3.jpg

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1090x840 and weights 151KB.
2.jpg

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 770x1220 and weights 177KB.
1.jpg

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 690x1258 and weights 95KB.
Scannen.jpg

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1064x839 and weights 197KB.
Scannen1.jpg

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 511x840 and weights 73KB.
Joe.jpg

Huh! That was quite something.
Thank you to the person who has translated this, even though there were grammar and spelling mistakes so that, when I copied some of the text to word to save the text it announced that there's too many mistakes to show them all. Those mistakes made it hard to read and undestand (english is not my native language either so it may be harder for me to understand it too) but I think I got most of it.
Some things really make a lot more sence now. Like things about LaToya, the allegations and stuff. And hey I never knew Jermaine knows French.
It would really be good if we could some how contact Joe and let him know that there are a lot of fans who are dying to read this book in also english. Maybe they could publish it in english.

Raingirl, I am so glad you read it. I was wondering if anybody was really bothering to read it, I love this book, I hope it helps you to see Joe as a human being, with flaws just lime any other human being. This is my favourite jackson book.

Ever since, some people here started talking that they understand why Joe was the way he was I have given him the benefit of a doubt. And even more now after reading this. And Michael's Oxford speech gave some light too what was it like for Joe.

I saved most of it and read some, I'll read it again later with more thought. But I just wish it were better or that I could understand german (I took only 2 courses of it in High school) so I could read the book. It's always the best to read a book in it's original language.

The absolute devotion to his family comes across so strongly, especially when he tells of the many things he's not even told his children until the book.

Striking stuff, why the hell is this not published ahead of of some of the randy taborelli shite that goes out.

I was pleased that he addressed the negative stuff about him directly although suprised he never tried to truly understand why Michael felt the way he did.

Thanks for posting.

The absolute devotion to his family comes across so strongly, especially when he tells of the many things he's not even told his children until the book.

Striking stuff, why the hell is this not published ahead of of some of the randy taborelli shite that goes out.

I was pleased that he addressed the negative stuff about him directly although suprised he never tried to truly understand why Michael felt the way he did.

Thanks for posting.
Yes, he was very candid an frank in this book, but also very dignified. He didn't take cheap shots at anyone. A very honest, from the heart book I thought. I think the American puboishers wouldn't have published it because it isn't negative enough. Tha is how they roll you know?

Thank you so much for these...Ive enjoyed reading this very much...it's revealed much that otherwise come out quite distorted...glad papa Joe managed to get this published at least in the US.

You are welcome. I do hope more people would read his book. By the way, it isn't published in the USA as far as I know. This was translated by a fan from a German site.

You are welcome. I do hope more people would read his book. By the way, it isn't published in the USA as far as I know. This was translated by a fan from a German site.

japrosic.gif

I really didn't know that an unofficial english version of this book is available. So big thanks for translating (from german to english even if isn't so ideal) and sharing of english version of Joe's book and for all scans from this book!
Never read this before!
It's worth to push up this thread! ;)

You guys, thank you for appreciating my work, this is my translation, I am soo so sorry, for the mistakes and mistypings and misspellings. English is not my native language and I am not a prophessional translator, I translated it myself from another translation, not from German. I hope at least that it was still understandable to you, I tryed to make it to be as understandable as possible.
I think it could be good to improove this translation, I would be glad, if there is someone, that has the German version and knows English very well, could compare the two and fix the things here and there, and that we would have a much better translation. It could be later saved and posted, with credits to me and this person and anyone could read.:)
Don't worry! No one is ideal. We are so glad that we can read this book here in english especially. Thank you a lot for your hard work!
japrosic.gif

Last edited:
The appendix 1.cont.

I cannot express, how I am proud of my sons and doughters. I am very much proud of Michael. I am very much proud of Janet. I am very much proud of Jermaine. I also am very much proud of Tito and Rebbie. I am very much proud of Marlon, Randy and Jackie. And I am very much proud of Latoya.
I always will be equally proud of all my children. I am so grateful, that I have them and my wife Katherine.
that is so beautiful

thanks for posting the chapters... it's nice to get to know the point of view of The Jacksons' Dad
thank you very much again:give_rose:

You guys, thank you for appreciating my work, this is my translation, I am soo so sorry, for the mistakes and mistypings and misspellings. English is not my native language and I am not a prophessional translator, I translated it myself from another translation, not from German. I hope at least that it was still understandable to you, I tryed to make it to be as understandable as possible.
I think it could be good to improove this translation, I would be glad, if there is someone, that has the German version and knows English very well, could compare the two and fix the things here and there, and that we would have a much better translation. It could be later saved and posted, with credits to me and this person and anyone could read.:)

Hi, Remy, I did not take credit for your work. I do not speak German, and I did say that it was from a german fan, only, I didn't know you actually translated it yourself. Congratulations. However, I did go searching for it on the other boards and I did take days to post it on the forum for other people to read and I think that is what they have been thanking me for.
I love the book but I wish Joe would do it in English cause many of the meaning is lost esp to nine english speakers,' Thanks for the work you did, I am very grateful to you that I was able to read it.:D

Last edited:
That's ok Datsy, don't worry, I am not mad. I posted it originally, in the link you took it from. And it was translated by a German fan, only, not to english.

thanks again for apreciating. :)

Last edited:
My father wrote a book about our family...never got it published though. In it are a lot of very interesting stories about John Brown's gang (my ancestor helped start the raid on Harper's Ferry VA.) The story of a LOT of Americans is NOT all "black" and "white". Intermarriage back then was very common. In fact, my family intermarried a lot....I even have Jewish roots also!! IN fact I have an ancestor named Moses Levy that was one of the founding fathers to a Jewish synagogue in Newport Rhode Island....here is a picture of inside Touro Synagogue in Newport Rhode Island. It is on the National Register of Historic Places:

touro_synagogue.jpg

Here is a copy of George Washington's Letter to the congregation of Touro Synagogue. THis is historic, because it talks about the importance of religious freedom.

washington_letter.jpg

I wonder just how many different nationalities make up Michael Jackson's family. It would be so cool to do some geneaological research and write another book on ALL of Michael Jackson's family history. History that pre-dates his great grandfather...Now THAT would be some interesting reading.....

Yes. It IS interesting. AND it is important to know who we are by delving into our family history. It helps define who we are and how we got here...What else is interesting is that several of my ancestors actually settled in Dalton Georgia...they were a civilized people. Very learned. This was a very solid town... Here is a link to the historic site. Who knows? Maybe some of Michael's ancestors came from this tiny community....

new_ECHOTA.jpg

http://ngeorgia.com/ang/New_Echota_Historic_Site

That was wonderful. Thanks. And thanks for posting the book. Very interesting read.

I hope Mr.Joe Jackson would get it published in English.
My english is already very bad, so it's even harder for me to understand it
but thank you Datsymay for posting and German fan for the translation.:)

To add to the 'thank yous', thank you again for posting this story, and for the translation. Many fans would appreciate this kind of thing being on here. I hope others get a chance to read it sometime. I do hope this does get officially translated into English and then published in the U.S. and any other country. This kind of book wont go on unrecognized forever, ya know...it's gotta get out there sooner or later, right?
...I hope so.

Question: Does anyone know when this book was published? Much of the information seems to be somewhat recent. Just wondering.

To add to the 'thank yous', thank you again for posting this story, and for the translation. Many fans would appreciate this kind of thing being on here. I hope others get a chance to read it sometime. I do hope this does get officially translated into English and then published in the U.S. and any other country. This kind of book wont go on unrecognized forever, ya know...it's gotta get out there sooner or later, right?
...I hope so.

Question: Does anyone know when this book was published? Much of the information seems to be somewhat recent. Just wondering.
It was published between 04-05. MJ was going through the trial at the time. Actually, come to think of it, it must have been 04 because the trial started in Janusry 05 and Joe was back in the states and at the trial,:)

A very big thanks for the posting(datsy) and translating(Remyisme).
I appreciate beeing able to read this, I've printed it out to read it later.
It's gonna be intresting to get an look into Joe's mind, I have never known what to think about him.

Thanks again! :flowers:

Does anyone know if Katherine has indian or asian relatives as well? She looks a bit like that considering the shape of her eyes.

Thanks for the transalation / never mind the errors / I still understood what is being said / This was a good read / it gave some additional information / I would love to add a copy of the book to my collection / it would be nice if Joe releases an English version
thanks for posting Datsymay /

35_001.JPG

That was wonderful. Thanks. And thanks for posting the book. Very interesting read.

I bet BOTH sides of Michael's family has Native roots...in fact, the story of a lot of Americans goes beyond even these shores. Some of my family came from Guadelupe, and Paris France....as well as Gaeta Italy (my mother's side).

Basically, if you ever delved into doing a DNA history on yourself, you will find DNA markers from all over the world...all going back to Africa...Richard Leaky, the great scientist on human evolution produced a program in the late 60's early 70's entitled "The Dawn of Man" stating that ALL of our ancestors came from Africa..http://emporium.turnpike.net/C/cs/apeimage.htm

Thanks for the transalation / never mind the errors / I still understood what is being said / This was a good read / it gave some additional information / I would love to add a copy of the book to my collection / it would be nice if Joe releases an English version
thanks for posting Datsymay /

35_001.JPG

I found this link on King Of Pop forum

Ancestry of Michael Jackson

compiled by William Addams Reitwiesner

http://www.wargs.com/other/jacksonm.html

*starts lessons to read German*

WOW! REALLY interesting stuff! Thanks sooooo much for posting :)

I wasn't aware that the Jacksons had got their stage names back. I just got this from Joes book;

Just now, through 20 with superfluous years, we again thave the right to be called " Jackson 5 " though we were called that way before Motown.

Back