Who is most likely following in MJs footsteps?

Most like MJ today?

• Beyonce

Votes: 14 14.0%
  • Usher

Votes: 12 12.0%
  • Justin Timberlake

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • Britney Spears

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • Chris Brown (uugggh) X0(

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 30 30.0%

• Total voters
lol nah, Beyonce actually sings live most of the time. And she sounds fantastic live.

ya she has used prt numerous times lol n yea shes a great singer aside 4rm all that yellin and hollerin but no where as great as mikes vocals

Beyonce, Usher, Britney Spears and Chris Brown are all crap in my opinion. No one can ever follow Michael's footsteps that's impossible.

:mello: My question is: Why are you trying to give away Michael's title? Michael is THE king of pop and no one can take that title away from him. Someone else may come along and be the most popular artist of the decade ore something like that but they WON'T be the new king of pop. Your question is moot. It needs to be rephrased.:2cents:

Ticie,
The JACKSONOLOGIST

Justin.

Why? Because Justin only put out classics, just like Michael Jackson.
I've seen Justin push himself almost into tears to get the vocals _just_ right. (on the recording of Justified)

Justin.

I've seen Justin push himself almost into tears to get the vocals _just_ right. (on the recording of Justified)

please name 5 jt classics lol

Niether Justin Timberlake nor Usher are even a quarter as talented as Michael. They may be copying him, but they are't going the same direction, simply because they can't. There's never going to be another Michael Jackson. He is truly one of a kind.

Last edited:

Like I Love You
Cry Me A River
Rock Your Body
My Love
Sexy Back
LoveStoned

they are all 'Justin Timberlake' classics, maybe not to the rest of the world tho.

IMO we are just seeing the first generation of MJ like people, one day maybe someone could make michael very proud.

Last edited:

His first album is now a classic, and when his next album drops FS/LS will be a classic.
"Justified" was a monster,

Juston take a couple of years between albums, he don't drop hasty put together albums every year.

And I know 98% of this forum will hate me, but seriously, Like I Love You is in my opinion "Dont Stop Til You Get Enough" of the 21st century.

That intro guitar on LILY, sound kind of the same as the rhodes on DSTYGE

And your point? Ya'll seem to think the ONLY people who do music are the mainstream folks and that is not true. Sad but true the mainstream music has always sucked. I don't know what kind of dancing ur talking about as far as Beyonce. If you call making ur head hit at different points and doing a little tina turner move is dancing, then let me show some REAL dancers. Any artist can do some random moves or dance with some back up dancers. Thats does NOT make them a good dancer. Shoot ciara can dance better than Beyonce and make up more moves on the spot(I don't like her either but she is better than B between the two as far as real dancing goes). The reason why these artists seem like there are Kings and Queens of the world because the media wants to brainwash you into thinking that. Just because you hear about them 50 million times and they win all these awards doesn't mean anything. They are overrated and have not did anything INNOVATIVE for the music industry period. Todays MUSIC SUCKS end of story. There is NO ONE NO ONE close or at Michael Jackson's level and never will. Its funny how you people try to put these crap artists against somebody like Michael Jackson or the greats just because they got a little hype.
GREAT POST GREAT POST!!!!!
I couldn't have said it better

That intro guitar on LILY, sound kind of the same as the rhodes on DSTYGE
OMG. Justin Timberlake is so innovative!!

poor baby. He's talented to the point he's almost crying just to get his vocals_just_right??

Last edited:
GREAT POST GREAT POST!!!!!
I couldn't have said it better

OMG. Justin Timberlake is so innovative!!

poor baby. He's talented to the point he's almost crying just to get his vocals_just_right??

You are without doubt what people call a "hater" or just childish/unmature.

You should be glad that there are artists like Justin that want to carry the torch Michael Jackson has lit, just as we should be glad that Michael Jackson carry on the torch that the artists that inspire him once lit.

Justin is a perfectionist, just like Michael, and that's a good thing.
We all here are Michael Jackson fans, but it's not a crime to like anyone else also.

So you don't like when people borrow and get inspired by each other?
Then I guess you really don't like You Are Not Alone, hey maybe you really don't. - But I do, because even if that song is a "rip off", it's an extension of what the "original" piece of music was.

And maybe you don't like the way Michael Jackson dance?
Many of his dance steps is either something that's already been used or an extension of something that has already been done.

In short, what I'm trying to say is that if you think about it... Artists like Michael Jackson and Justin Timberlake are artists we need. Because they help to "build" the culture, in stead of "take advantage" of it.
My level of respect for Justin raised up after I went and saw a show of his.

Well there's no point in making fun of these acts. If you think they suck artistically, it's best to say WHY instead of calling them names. I think they all suck, but at least I give my reasons for why, based against general standards.

Please this isn't even worth discussing and I'm sick and tired of these ridiculous threads asking the same questions with these artists of today. There is NOBODY I repeat NOBODY that is making innovations in music, that is ORIGINAL and that is in the same category as Michael Jackson. Its ashame that MJ fans even put the mediocre music acts of today in the same league as legends like Mike. Come on guys, there is no question. ONLY ONE MICHAEL JACKSON. The artists of today (mainstream) don't have foreal talent to have a real music discussion about them, NEXT?

You are without doubt what people call a "hater" or just childish/unmature.

You should be glad that there are artists like Justin that want to carry the torch Michael Jackson has lit, just as we should be glad that Michael Jackson carry on the torch that the artists that inspire him once lit.

Justin is a perfectionist, just like Michael, and that's a good thing.
We all here are Michael Jackson fans, but it's not a crime to like anyone else also.

So you don't like when people borrow and get inspired by each other?
Then I guess you really don't like You Are Not Alone, hey maybe you really don't. - But I do, because even if that song is a "rip off", it's an extension of what the "original" piece of music was.

And maybe you don't like the way Michael Jackson dance?
Many of his dance steps is either something that's already been used or an extension of something that has already been done.

In short, what I'm trying to say is that if you think about it... Artists like Michael Jackson and Justin Timberlake are artists we need. Because they help to "build" the culture, in stead of "take advantage" of it.
My level of respect for Justin raised up after I went and saw a show of his.
Did i say you're not allowed to like justin timberlake?
that's just my opinion like yours. anyway, I think his voice sucks and you're right, i'm a hater.

Justin :) he's the most famous as of now and I bet he will be for a while to come.
mjjc1tb8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe none of these artists can come even close to MJ. He is just unique in every aspect and is able to convey such strong emotions through his music.

If you count the media bashing stuff, I think Britney Spears is already well on her way

Ne-Yo and/or Chris Brown. Energy, moves, music, and good looks.

CHRIS BROWN!!!

When I see your performance I can see a bit of magic that MJ always showed on stage.He is very humble and knows his space.But Justin disappoint me.The success has changed the way him act and thinking. He does not speak MJ is his idol anymore.Justin said that when still sing in NSYN'C.
And more ... he drinks and smokes on stage.I don't like this..If MJ do this it would be dead!

Back