Who is most likely following in MJs footsteps?

Most like MJ today?

• Beyonce

Votes: 14 14.0%
  • Usher

Votes: 12 12.0%
  • Justin Timberlake

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • Britney Spears

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • Chris Brown (uugggh) X0(

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 30 30.0%

• Total voters
I picked "Other" because NOONE on that list has reached the level that MJ reached....and will not...in my humble opinion

I voted JT....since every time I see him he is copying Michael.

lol but funny thing.....

one of the teacher's at my school is named Chris Brown, and then there is an English teacher named Michael Jackson! how coooooooool.....lol

i thought it was funny

Britney..
Shes probably been through a similar public life as Michael.. being hounded by the press, success at a young age, etc.
And, Chris Brown is just TERRIBLE

Chris Brown. :bugeyed

In all seriousness, when it comes to the quality of their music, I'd say either Ne-Yo or Usher. When it comes to international fame, I doubt any of these people could come close. Michael's too damn famous.

that's what's wrong with the so called "artists" these days, they think they have to follow in somebody's footsteps

No one. I would say that Madonna and Prince are the only ones that have about the same star power as MJ. I also think that Mariah Carey will be around for a long time, and is on her way to becoming a legend. Celine Dione may already be one as well, IMO.

Last edited:
Someone not yet in the entertainment biz.

I actually pray for this to happen. It would be wonderful to see another true entertainment genius come along again in my lifetime. Not a manufactured one like the kids they continue to push through the assembly line today. :smilerolleyes: I've been listening to Usher since I was a kid, so I'll go ahead and say that he's probably the only one listed that, IMO, has any 'legend potential').

People thought that nobody could ever compare or come close to Elvis or The Beatles... but then Michael Jackson came along and proved the world wrong. Dear Lord, help us.

No one. There's only one Michael Jackson. No one comes close. Someone like MJ only comes around once in a lifetime, there will never be another.

noone is like mike today as he was in a complete different league way above everyone listed - they are all good in there own way but dont even come close to mike

but nearest id say was er .. Justin Timberlake - - his dancing,singing and even the occasional beatboxing

None of them.

MJ was not only a fantastic vocalist but a brilliant, innovative, writer. With the combination of the two, he was truly unique. He was doing things unlike anything anyone else was doing, then or now.

No-one today is really displaying that individuality and sheer talent. For so many artists at the moment, they could swap songs and I probably wouldn't even notice. That's not something you could ever say about MJ!

those artists you listed are, in comparison to Michael, talentless. Michael was, no, IS that much further above them, or anyone else for that matter.

This may sound weird to some people but I say: Lady Gaga. Hear me out.

Firstly, yeah yeah, nobody will ever be like Mike, yadda yadda. And no one will ever be like Mahalia Jackson or Little Richard or James Brown or Sammy Davis Jr or Marvin Gaye or Stevie Wonder, or even Prince. But these people have heirs, these people inspire other artists to reappropriate what has been done before and to make it fresh and new for the current generation. Is that not what Little Richard did with Esquerita? What James Brown did with Little Richard? What Prince and Michael, in their own ways, did with James Brown? This doesn't take away from the greatness of the artist gone before, in fact it enhances it.

Secondly, I think no one on that list has that star factor like Mike, except Lady Gaga. Just like Michael Jackson did in the late 70's through the late 80's, Lady Gaga's pushing the envelope, making people pay attention, really entertaining with her whole life, not just her music.

Thirdly, the heir to Mike's legacy has got to have actual musical talent. This goes way beyond merely having an okay voice. They've gotta be writing their own music, lyrics and all, and continue to be involved in its production. When I first heard Lady Gaga's music, I wrote her off as another cookie cutter "artist". But it turns out, she isn't. She writes her own music, and cares about how it is produced. I've seen her perform her songs on youtube, with nothing but a piano. She changes up the arrangements and makes it interesting and entertaining all over again. I bet Britney Spears or Justin Timberlake can't even play a piano. I challenge Britney to perform Womanizer with just a piano. I challenge Justin to play SexyBack alone, only on piano.

I think Lady Gaga's going to become the next Queen of Pop. I think she's going to do for today's music industry what Mike did for his. She isn't going to look just like Mike, obviously. Her career will look different. But I think she'll be put up there with the geniuses like Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder, James Brown, Little Richard and many more, whereas these other forgettables will not.

This may sound weird to some people but I say: Lady Gaga. Hear me out.

Firstly, yeah yeah, nobody will ever be like Mike, yadda yadda. And no one will ever be like Mahalia Jackson or Little Richard or James Brown or Sammy Davis Jr or Marvin Gaye or Stevie Wonder, or even Prince. But these people have heirs, these people inspire other artists to reappropriate what has been done before and to make it fresh and new for the current generation. Is that not what Little Richard did with Esquerita? What James Brown did with Little Richard? What Prince and Michael, in their own ways, did with James Brown? This doesn't take away from the greatness of the artist gone before, in fact it enhances it.

Secondly, I think no one on that list has that star factor like Mike, except Lady Gaga. Just like Michael Jackson did in the late 70's through the late 80's, Lady Gaga's pushing the envelope, making people pay attention, really entertaining with her whole life, not just her music.

Thirdly, the heir to Mike's legacy has got to have actual musical talent. This goes way beyond merely having an okay voice. They've gotta be writing their own music, lyrics and all, and continue to be involved in its production. When I first heard Lady Gaga's music, I wrote her off as another cookie cutter "artist". But it turns out, she isn't. She writes her own music, and cares about how it is produced. I've seen her perform her songs on youtube, with nothing but a piano. She changes up the arrangements and makes it interesting and entertaining all over again. I bet Britney Spears or Justin Timberlake can't even play a piano. I challenge Britney to perform Womanizer with just a piano. I challenge Justin to play SexyBack alone, only on piano.

I think Lady Gaga's going to become the next Queen of Pop. I think she's going to do for today's music industry what Mike did for his. She isn't going to look just like Mike, obviously. Her career will look different. But I think she'll be put up there with the geniuses like Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder, James Brown, Little Richard and many more, whereas these other forgettables will not.

you know, I can really agree with you. she can do it all honestly. she has a unique look/voice/sound which translates well. She is a fashion innovator like MJ, with her crazy jumpsuits and all (even had Jean Paul Gaultier I believe fashion a line inspired by her) She has people copying her bowtie hairdo.

Her music is cool, different and like you said, written and managed by her. I saw her do a soft song on a piano on youtube and was like DAMN, really? didn't expect that. She is an innovator and I appreciate what she is trying to do. I WANT her to succeed well so that there is someone to become a legend of sorts. she has the write makings.

The sad thing is that the industry has changed so much that it may be impossible. With internet piracy and sooooo many different acts put out there, it's hard to get any amazingly worldwide legends. Sales aren't the same, so NO one can sell like MJ did with 30 million copies + for most of his cds. people just don't buy things that much. I wonder what the state of cd and single sales would be without the internet and sites like Limewire...

Another thing is, most just are putting out cds without making sure that 99% of the songs are NOT filler. There is no NEED to go buy a cd when only 2 songs are good. so i wish that the artistry in music would return instead of just commercially manufactured pretty people with no talent.

CHRIS BROWN!!!

When I see your performance I can see a bit of magic that MJ always showed on stage.He is very humble and knows his space.But Justin disappoint me.The success has changed the way him act and thinking. He does not speak MJ is his idol anymore.Justin said that when still sing in NSYN'C.
And more ... he drinks and smokes on stage.I don't like this..If MJ do this it would be dead!

Nothing about this "BOY" impresses me

i didnt say there will be another MJ...duh...im saying by todays standards, who is like our MJ for today (though MJ will always be the King)....geez dont take it so practical

My "MJ for today" is Michael Jackson himself.
I don't even listen to those artists and I'm growing up in this generation. To me, the only Michael Jackson of today is the man himself. Alive or not he's still kicking all those "artists" asses in sales, on the charts and in TALENT.

There is NO ONE next or even close to Michael Jackson. That list is laughable. Everyone in that list is overrated, has not contributed to music like MJ has and has yet to do anything that is innovative. Their just repeating the same ish. Next?

AGREE!

No one, but I must say I had a HUGE crush on Justin Timberlake..........until I discovered Michael :wub: .

Back