Who Would be an Acceptable Posthumous Singer for Michael to Duet With?

I'm not really for duets anyway, since I just want him to sing the whole thing whaha, but I would have loved a duet with Whitney.. that would have been amazing! I think Siedah is great in IJCSLY but I wish Whitney would've said yes, lol. As for a contemporary artist, I can't even think of anyone tbh...

I'm not really for duets anyway, since I just want him to sing the whole thing whaha, but I would have loved a duet with Whitney.. that would have been amazing! I think Siedah is great in IJCSLY but I wish Whitney would've said yes, lol. As for a contemporary artist, I can't even think of anyone tbh...

Has Whitney been asked for this then ?

Yeah, she and Barbra Streisand were asked but both refused to take part.

Really? Ohh thats a shame :(

I knew about Barbara Streisand ....I wish she accepted..Her voice is magical too
Do you have any idea why they both refused?

Me thinks you should take a step back from judging her. Attacking her appearance isn't productive.

You should stop telling me what to do. What could someone who admires Beiber know about music?

Some fans are too selfish just thinking in what they want. Michael had his likes on his own.

Really? Ohh thats a shame :(

I knew about Barbara Streisand ....I wish she accepted..Her voice is magical too
Do you have any idea why they both refused?

With Barbara I don't know, but with Whitney I heard the excuse of not wanting to 'overexpose' her.. :thinking:

I have always heard that Barbra said no because of their age difference. And Whitney's album was just coming out so they were trying to promote that. Siedah was perfect anyway.
What about Janelle Monae?

Whatever you say belieber. :dont_mention_it:

I don't know if Michael admired her but another very talented with great voice and likable as a person, Alicia Keys. But the estate should release the legit duets Michael made first.

You're right, the question is wrongly formulated :rofl: in which case, my answer would be Whitney,hands down. As for the other options that have been suggested ...:worried: except for Jen Hudson, maybe.

Bahahahaa, thanks, LovelyOne! I was just checking. :lmao:

I was just listening to Natalie Cole's "duet" with her dad ("Unforgettable") and if something like that could be done with Mike, as well as releasing the original version with Mike only, I could be open-minded about it. It has to be done well and tastefully like Natalie and Nat's duet. Mike's vocals would have to be the prominent ones.

As for living artists I'd be interested in hearing duet with Mike, my top two have done so with him before he died, but I would love to hear something "new": Stevie Wonder and Diana Ross. :) My choices for newer and/or younger artists are Bruno Mars, Pharrell Williams and LADY GAGA.

I think Lady Gaga's talent gets lost (or ignored) in the dramatic way she presents herself, but if her detractors would set that aside and listen to her songs, you can see she's very talented.

I think Lady Gaga's talent gets lost (or ignored) in the dramatic way she presents herself, but if her detractors would set that aside and listen to her songs, you can see she's very talented.

yaass
It's too bad some people don't get that and act all boojie about pop music.

staring.gif

The one thing I've always given Lady Gagga credit for was the fact that most of her songs are very melodic. Her music isn't just all about ''the hot beats'' (Luckily though, that trend seems to be dying out now)

Lady Gaga for sure. She has an incredible voice, great talent, respects MJ, and it would draw all sorts of attention.

You know, I would've loved to see MJ properly work with Kanye West. Ok yeah, we had the Thriller 25 remix of Billie Jean (which is my favourite of them... not that it's a competition exactly) but it would've been awesome to actually have MJ and Kanye collaborate together on a song.

Kanye's an amazing rapper and producer who has continously produced highly acclaimed material over the past decade. Not only that but MJ clearly had an interest in working with him since MJ selected him to work on a remix for Thriller 25.

you kidding??? did you hear BS with no auto tune? she's got no talent at all. John Legend & Daft Punk would be great too!!!

Not kidding. I think she's OK + she performed with MJ and MJ liked her a lot. John Legend YES. Daft Punk NO (only if it's a remix then yes).

As much as I love Bruno Mars and his music I wouldn't want a duet with him and MJ. It would sound to me too much like a tribute song. He is so much alike MJ (he was even an MJ impersonator) and MJ never met him or even heard about him (as a singer).

Ne-Yo would be cool because MJ worked with him a lot in his last days.

As much as I love Bruno Mars and his music I wouldn't want a duet with him and MJ. It would sound to me too much like a tribute song. He is so much alike MJ (he was even an MJ impersonator) and MJ never met him or even heard about him (as a singer).

Ne-Yo would be cool because MJ worked with him a lot in his last days.

I think I would enjoy a female singer whose voice is very distinctive from his. That was a disappointment for me with IJCSLY. Seidah's voice wasn't distinctive enough from his, I felt, at least in the vocal delivery of that particular song.

Britney Spears - Jackson said she was going to fade away
Ne Yo - He said he was doing something very "Michael Jackson" (almost implying copying)

A lot of these people really would have to be so carefully picked it's really too risky to do it. Massive, massive divide in opinions on who's worthy/who's not.

Where did he say that? Doesn't exactly sound like the sort of thing he'd say...

Words to that effect. I'll try and find it.

Edit - "When asked to comment on Britney Spears back in 2001, Michael said, "I don't believe that she'll have any great longevity in the public eye because she doesn't understand the power of mystery." = the Rabbi tapes which have audio to them I believe?

Words to that effect. I'll try and find it.

Edit - "When asked to comment on Britney Spears back in 2001, Michael said, "I don't believe that she'll have any great longevity in the public eye because she doesn't understand the power of mystery." = the Rabbi tapes which have audio to them I believe?

Ahh interesting, thank you!

I agree with Michael, she'll struggle as Janet Jackson is doing now.

Yeah, it's strange he didn't made a duet with James Brown. Or probably he did but it remains unreleased.

Back