Would you see TII (the concerts) without Michael on stage?

Would you go and see THIS IS IT concerts without Michael onstage?

• NO!

Votes: 153 61.2%
  • yes I would! Because..

Votes: 37 14.8%
  • I'm 50/50 about this..

Votes: 60 24.0%

• Total voters
No. Then, for what? To see the dancers? To hear the musicians? Michael is the magic and the magician on stage... seeing the movie, the unfinished rehearsals was heartbreaking, so I don't even want to imagine seeing a concert without Michael... How? Can you imagine f.e. "Billie Jean"? An empty stage and a spotlight? ...
;(

Well, either they'd take it out, or show rehearsal footage.

No. Although I would like to see the magic of the stage and 3D and all the over special effects in person. The magic would still be gone without Michael. No can dance or put on a show the way Michael can.

No. Then, for what? To see the dancers? To hear the musicians? Michael is the magic and the magician on stage... seeing the movie, the unfinished rehearsals was heartbreaking, so I don't even want to imagine seeing a concert without Michael... How? Can you imagine f.e. "Billie Jean"? An empty stage and a spotlight? ...
;(

oh my....that would be soo sad.....:cry:.......

No, I wouldn't. I always find it strange listening to other people singing Michael songs as they simply do not have the magic that Michael has. Michael is special and I'd spend the whole time being miserable and wishing it was Michael so no.

No way. Just like how everyone else is saying, the magic would not be there. Plus it would just be a sad reminder of what could have been.

I personally hate it when somebody else sings Michael's songs.........

They usually can't dance like him and their voice is usually all wrong...........

And it just feels wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, it would ruin it for me TBH. I'd love to see the effects and what would have been but it means absolutely nothing without Michael.

The very idea is ridiculous and insulting.

Oh, and desperate too.

The very idea is ridiculous and insulting.

Oh, and desperate too.

I might be totally misunderstanding you..so i'm not jumping on you or anything..I'm just asking..in a veeery caaalm way..
-was that written to me? that I'm desperate? or ridiculous and insulting you for asking?
if it is then I don't even know what to respond to that!
first of all this is not MY idea at all as alot of fans has been talking about it and most of the MJ fans I have seen TII with kept talking about it, (what IF the TII team decided to take it to the road anyway). Which made me want to make this thread to see if you guys have given this a thought too or ever thought about it and if NOT then WHAT do you guys think about that!..
and btw my answer is NO! too so.. I wouldn't be a supporter of it.
BUT everyone is allowed to their own opinion and there is alot of fans who would want to see it anyway and that's OK..
I'm just surprised not many of the ones who answered "yes" has written much about it here..just a few

How sad just to think of this :(
Waiting for Michael, never pressuring him, just here waiting quietly until it was HIS time to come back, at his best, and then... nothing. In a way, I'd love to see his dream come true, his master piece. But as some of you mentioned, we wanted to see TII just for MICHAEL JACKSON. We knew this was going to be awesome, a must-see, but we wanted HIM.

Hmm. I could really go either way with this. But I'll say "Yes". I fully understand the whole "the magic is gone" and all of that stuff. But to still see it all come together and to fully see what he wanted to create for us...yes I would love to see his dream come true even though he personally wouldn't be there. His spirit would be enough for me. I would accept impersonators in this regard and think it would all be a great tribute to get this out there.

But it will never happen. At least to the extent of duplicating what would have been.

Yeah.

I would like to see the 3D, the bed maigic during DD and all the special effects.

He had the best stage show ready for us. Now we'll never see it. :(

I think he would want us to see just how HUGE this would have been!

The stage show alone would be a great experience. So yes, I would have loved them to have made a show with all the costumes, all the effects, the pyros, the 3D - EVERYTHING ! It would have been great.

NO!!!!

Michael Jackson was a genius musician and a genius live performer who could translate his music live through singing and dancing in an amazing an uncomparable way. Michael just need a band, and some backing singers and that's it. No dancers or stage effects could replace what Michael could do on stage. This Is It was not a "stage show", it was a series of Michael Jackson concerts, were he the visionary of every aspect of the series of concerts could not be replaced. If Michael had done the concerts and he had flu or something, some concerts would have been cancelled, because No Michael Jackson, then No concert.

Michael was true creative artist, not a stage performer like a singer in a musical. So what would be the point of the This It It concerts being staged without Michael, because it wouldn't be even 1% of what the concerts would be with Michael.

I was hoping they would, but have a 3D hologram MJ there, I was at a huge shopping mall last year, orange had a small booth, and inside they had life size performers in 3d performing, it looked real and there were no screens, it was brilliant, hopefully they do that, it would be incredible.

i absolutely do not care about the stage....on the concerts i been to i did not pay attention to much to the stage but Michael.
It can have all magic etc...i would not care..only Michael who is not here anymore.

I don't know, probably not, because it wouldn't be the same without Michael.

What I would like to see is the 3D material that was created for the show because as far as I know Michael was very excited about them?

But no, not any TII show where Michael would be replaced by a 3D hologram or even worse, by an impersonator. No thank you :no:

I can't believe we are discussing this. How things have changed in almost over a year. I miss the threads talking about the actual concerts SO SO much. the hype/anticipation/nerves/excitement has all gone. I miss them days so much :cry:

^¨¨I know. It's sick. all people talking about the fact that he's gone, I can't believe it's real. just 8 months ago we were buying tickets, dreaming away of what could have been and ahhh dreams coming true..and now they're all shattered.. BLAH. life su**s.

^ I remember you! sigh I wrote on your MJJC account thing because you were going to like 13(?) concerts .. i was mega jealous. but then i said something like, im thankful im going to ONE! which i totally was, my only dream! :( seems like yesterday!
siiiiiiiigh.

^^aww, yes I was actually going to 15, that was my latest number including 5 front rows.. :cry: well.. that means nothing anymore now. I want him back. omg

it does seem like yesterday

Back