Xscape General Discussion

SuperLee;3980290 said:
Excited .com getting&#8230;. :)<object type="cosymantecnisbfw" cotype="cs" id="SILOBFWOBJECTID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;"></object>

What?

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

I am already very exited....

Dorian;3980304 said:

Sorry geting too excited that I forgot to write the full sentence lol
I was meant to write,

Excited. com, Getting closer too more info&#8230; :)
<object type="cosymantecnisbfw" cotype="cs" id="SILOBFWOBJECTID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;"></object>

I hope the Britney Spears duet is all bull. :blink: I'd never want the Estate to include LG either, most of the times artificial duets don't work. I've Got You Under My Skin w/ Bono or This Is It w/ Paul Anka comes to mind.

Stupid iPod predictor... -_-

Last edited:

But those are usually greatest hits albums, not albums with previously unreleased material.

Also people have to consider the current state of the music industry. Sales are generally at an all time low. With Internet downloads, Spotify etc. people do not really buy records any more, especially albums. I agree that it's better to keep our expectations in check. If we set the bar too high there's a bigger chance for disappointment.

Those online streaming sites should actually count the number of times a song has been listened to, and add it into the charts, just like what Billboard did with YouTube (I think).

I hope the Britney Spears duet is all bull. :blink : I'd never want the Estate to include LG either, most of the times artificial duets don't work. I've Got You Under My Skin w/ Bono or This Is It w/ Paul Ankara comes to mind.

Yep, this album needs to be all Michael in my opinion, other than the guest producers, which is inevitable, they just need to concentrate on MJ

I hope the Britney Spears duet is all bull. :blink : I'd never want the Estate to include LG either, most of the times artificial duets don't work. I've Got You Under My Skin w/ Bono or This Is It w/ Paul Ankara comes to mind.

99.9% sure Britney wont be appearing on the album

Just most proberly the Mary J and D-angelo track (as a bonus deluxe track)

Maybe I'm stuck in the '90 but I still listen to CDs.

Sometimes it feels better to have a physical copy of something. :)

Bubs;3980272 said:
A little bit of light entertainment while we are waiting for news :ciao:

Rumor Has It That Britney Spears MAY Appear On Michael Jackson&#8217;s New Album &#8216;Xscape&#8217;
'We Are Kings'

Early last week we learned that a new posthumous album from Michael Jackson will be released next month and a day later we got to hear a snippet of the album&#8217;s title track Xscape. Since the announcement was made, fans have been trying to figure out which previously unreleased MJ songs may appear on the album. Fans on the message board at MichaelJackson.com have compiled a list of songs that are supposedly among the songs that MJ recorded but never released &#8230; but nothing official has been announced regarding song titles or song production credits (tho we do know that Timbaland is the album&#8217;s lead producer and there will be contributions from Rodney Jerkins, Stargate and Jerome J-Roc Harmon). Among the rumored songs that MAY appear on the album is supposedly a song titled We Are Kings &#8230; which features guest vocals from Britney Spears, Madonna and Justin Timberlake. UM, say what?

040614_britmjrumor.jpg

We Are The Kings &#8211; (Michael Jackson)
Written and recorded in 2004.
Recorded by Jackson featuring Madonna, Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake.
Have a piece of one song unreleased of Elvis Presley.

I Love You More &#8211; (Michael Jackson)
Written and recorded in 2005.
Recorded by Jackson featuring Britney Spears.
Acordding with Jackson it&#8217;s a continuation of the another song.
Also know as I Love You Too.

I am not at all familiar with these rumored unreleased songs. I&#8217;m sure that longtime Michael Jackson fans have managed to successfully compile information regarding possible unreleased songs but nothing has been officially confirmed. That said, I find it VERY exciting and entirely plausible that MJ recorded these songs, We Are Kings and I Love You More, which MIGHT feature vocals from our dear Britney Spears. At this point, it&#8217;s all rumor and conjecture &#8230; and I fear wishful thinking. That said, we may learn very soon that a new old Michael Jackson/Britney Spears duet may soon be released &#8230; and wouldn&#8217;t that be THE MOST AMAZING THING IN THE WORLD?
--------------------------------------

MJ recorded a song with Madonna, Justin T and Britney and named it We Are The Kings :D

Thought bumper_snippet was winding me up then lol

I love your avy and siggy Birchey, it really looks the designer was based on BOTDF to make the cover and the ones who created the new add, doesn't it?. I just can't get over he photoshopped the hell out of Michael's lips and the result is horrible! :rant:

The alarm siren on Xscape, at the beginning of the song, I wonder whether it comes from the movie Terminator 2 - The Judgment Day. (The escape scene of Sarah Connor from the psychiatric clinic.)

:blink:
I am going to think of that scene every time I hear the song now... :lol:

Sunwalker7;3979685 said:
About ordering the album from the mj.com store - has it been confirmed that those sales count towards the official album charts? When Bad25 came out there was some uncertainty over whether the sales from mj.com were reported to Soundscan/OCC. IIRC, it was the same thing with Thriller25, some people thought that mj.com doesn&#8217;t report the sales to chart compilers.

If it&#8217;s true that mj.com doesn&#8217;t report the sales, and lots of fans order their copy from the mj.com store, it means that the album will have a lower chart peak and lower sales numbers than it would have if people bought their copies from some other store. Unless it&#8217;s confirmed that mj.com will report Xscape sales to official album charts, why not buy your copy from somewhere else? I think it&#8217;s a shame if the album looks less successful than it actually is.

OnirMJ;3979746 said:
Please Ivy or some other mods, can you please check this out with Online Team. I'm interested in this too.

I contacted the MJonlineteam
So we see that not only will it be reported to soundscan from MJ .com , your country you purchased from will also be factored in for the charts. :)

Yes, all purchases through any US venue are reported to Soundscan. Countries of origin are factored in, so if you buy from Germany, it's reported to German charts.

Thanks - ***

MJ Online Team
The official online team of the Michael Jackson Estate&#8482;

I love your avy and siggy Birchey, it really looks the designer was based on BOTDF to make the cover and the ones who created the new add, doesn't it?. I just can't get over he photoshopped the hell out of Michael's lips and the result is horrible! :rant:

Thanks, yeah its a composite from the images we have of the picture and did some cutting and pasteing and crap. TBH the original looks like it is a great pic and would be perfect for the cover.

^At least you kept the realness of his lips.

From the related pictures thread.

728948.jpeg

2nbfz14.jpg

yeah the hair was the give away for me, first thing I noticed about the picture, as I love his hair in BOTDF and I think its the only time he really wore it like that, but the ring is a giveaway too yes. I think theres probably a nice unreleased photoshoot from BOTDF possibly for the album cover itself or reference shots for the artist and he looked great in the video too, hope they use more of the pictures.....properly

Thought bumper_snippet was winding me up then lol

You got it:D:clapping:

Btw, I'm looking forward Michael's duets album:
MJ & Britney
MJ & Madonna
MJ & Justin T
MJ & Justin B
MJ & Lady Gaga (with puke artist)
MJ & Lil Wayne
MJ & Kanye West
MJ & Eminem
MJ & Elvis

Its named We All Are Kings

It doesn't get any better than that:bow:

F*** those scammers on wikipedia. This is their fault. I don't understand why wikipedia allows this. One MJ fan should edit that list and ask them to lock that page.

So I take it that MJ didn't record song named We Are The Kings? Bummer :scratch:

Last edited:

the album promo short is fantastic, love the styles they used to create the dance sequence! is it just me or does the photo look close to the one used on the invincible cover? i think the photo they used is fantastic, eye catching and modern! i just pre ordered two copies of the deluxe version at my local music store, very excited to pick them up on release day. Hoping for some updated information soon, surely tracklisting can't be too far away from being revealed now?

Looks like the video was taken down, it says the privacy settings have been changed, I guess we weren't suppose to see it yet.

Looks like the video was taken down, it says the privacy settings have been changed, I guess we weren't suppose to see it yet.

I think it was released too earlier I think they will use this for the next 'Teaser' for the video.

Britains got Talent new series premiers this coming saturday in the UK so i'm wondering if in the coming weeks we will be getting promo Ads durring these episodes and durring other well known and popular slots ...

Carry on playing the old waiting game,, but i'm sure this album will turn out to be a great success.
Seems like the Estate have their heads screwed on this time around
(no pun intended, ok maybe a lil) :)

I think it was released too earlier I think they will use this for the next 'Teaser' for the video.

Britains got Talent new series premiers this coming saturday in the UK so i'm wondering if in the coming weeks we will be getting promo Ads durring these episodes and durring other well known and popular slots ...

Carry on playing the old waiting game,, but i'm sure this album will turn out to be a great success.
Seems like the Estate have their heads screwed on this time around
(no pun intended, ok maybe a lil) :)

it would be nice if there is some kind of promotional tool used during britain's got talent, that show receives many viewers and it could be a real eye catcher for fans & music lovers alike if they saw a commercial featuring Michael's unreleased gems!

Any info about any listening parties made after that one in Paris ?? any more new reviews ??

Arghhh!! I want to see the video promo but I cant find it anywhere on the net anymore

:(

Seems like we will not hear anything official today. :(

Next week then...

Back