Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

Seems like we will not hear anything official today. :(

Next week then...

There's always tomorrow. They really could announce the single any day of the week; it's not something necessarily worthy of a huge press release.

There's always tomorrow. They really could announce the single any day of the week; it's not something necessarily worthy of a huge press release.

You are right. - But Monday is the most likely day to announce and release a single isn't it?

You are right. - But Monday is the most likely day to announce and release a single isn't it?

It is, but weirder things have happened. The announcement of the Hold My Hand single as well as the Michael album track listing was on a Friday. Singles are typically released on Mondays, but the announcement could easily occur at any time.

Last edited:

Absolutely, 'cause it's way better for charts (7-day full sales). ;)

personally, i would expect them to announce the tracklisting before anything else! with tracklisting comes previews right? meaning the possibility of early commercials on tv stations! i've already seen an advertisement here in england! was a very good feeling, hope it sells in it's masses

maybe they're still working on the song titles hence the listening parties without song name announcement

I think and hope everything was ready - regarding the choise of songs, song titles etc. - when they released the album!!

If DYKWYCA really is as good as the reviews say i would love it to be a single!

coffre;3980363 said:
maybe they're still working on the song titles hence the listening parties without song name announcement

I believe the tracklisting is set in stone now and they are waiting to let details out in stages.
They have decided to withheld the song titles because of the tracks being leaked and also they know it will get people talking (just like we all are now)
They are just biding their time now… Then BOOM …..

Calm Before the storm
<object type="cosymantecnisbfw" cotype="cs" id="SILOBFWOBJECTID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;"></object>

I have a slightly off-topic question.

SuperLee;3980372 said:
I believe the tracklisting is set in stone now and they are waiting to let details out in stages.
They have decided to withheld the song titles because of the tracks being leaked and also they know it will get people talking (just like we all are now)
They are just biding their time now&#8230; Then BOOM &#8230;..

Calm Before the storm
<object type="cosymantecnisbfw" cotype="cs" id="SILOBFWOBJECTID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;"></object>
the songs themself are already selected, that's for sure. But what will be their names? The Estate has proven one thing since their first ever release in 2009 - renaming song titles

the songs themself are already selected, that's for sure. But what will be their names? The Estate has proven one thing since their first ever release in 2009 - renaming song titles

I only know of 'This is it' as being renamed from the original title, and we don't wanna get talking about that subject again lol (Anka)

They held back the titles for the reasons many of the newspapers stated: they knew that anyone could google the majority of these titles and hear them. 8 new songs sounds so much better than 6 leaked songs and 2 new - from a marketing point of view.

Who really cares? The only song titles they ever renamed are (I Can't Make It) Another Day and (I Like) The Way You Love Me. This Is It was what Michael wrote on the demo cassette, so they presumed that was the original title.

Additionally, I'm all for changing the title of DYKWYCA. As much as I adore that song and as much as many of you say you don't give a damn about critics and/or criticism, I would love for this release to endure as little controversy as necessary. And before I see anyone give the argument that Michael wouldn't have changed the song title: Michael didn't release this song. So it doesn't matter.

They held back the titles for the reasons many of the newspapers stated: they knew that anyone could google the majority of these titles and hear them. 8 new songs sounds so much better than 6 leaked songs and 2 new - from a marketing point of view.

i couldn't agree more, the estate never planned for these song's to leak! truly, they're some of Michael's most wonderful unpublished work.. just because some people may complain about getting song's ''they've had for years'' doesn't mean that the public shouldn't discover these treasures also...

just trolling because most of the track list was leaked years ago which is obviously our/his own fault for downloading them

Please stop off-topic...

Could we go back to Xscape? I don't get what the hell is going on.

I don't get why the new add was removed. Michael's official pages needed to post it already.

The photo they used as seen in the promo short is fantastic, i wish we did possess the original file! looks so artistic.. the effects they used improve the attention to detail and the extent of artistry! a perfect lead up to the unpublished tracks

I wonder what the first single will be? I hope for the title track. Or maybe its Lnfsg (i hope not) or the bonus track which would be unusual and "surprise" us. Was a bonus track ever a single from another artist?

What MJ used to do was first releasing duets (The Girls Is Mine, I just Can't Stop Loving You, Scream,...) then short after he would release da bomb!

If there is a duet track or a weaker song, maybe they might start by releasing it first, before dropping da bombS

What MJ used to do was first releasing duets (The Girls Is Mine, I just Can't Stop Loving You, Scream,...) then short after he would release da bomb!

If there is a duet track or a weaker song, maybe they might start by releasing it first, before dropping da bombS

I suppose that's what they did with Michael with hold my hand. I think it's interesting that Joe said we would all be shocked.

We need dance-killer track :) !

bush-huh.jpg

It's true that it wouldn' harm to have right away a dance-killer track, but again, maybe they keep that for the summer and right before the summer they might warm us up with an appetizer song.

Well dynwyca would be like IN YOUR FACE for haters. Anyway I think this strategy weak song first doesnt work anymore. People will just lose interest that way and this will result in far less single releases imo.

If the wan't release a ballad as the single, please do this later.

Firts I hope for smash dance hit !

People need to have fun with MJ music in clubs,pubs etc.

Place with no name maybe? Heard some real positive reviews about that one.

Back