Xscape General Discussion

Does anyone else find it quite ironic that the entire basis of Xscape was to modernize Michael's songs to match current pop music, yet the album's biggest success has been "Love Never Felt So Good," a song that sounds directly out of the '70s/'80s? Even negative reviews of the album as a whole sing praise to that song as a wonderful throwback to the upbeat Michael.

I dunno. Just struck me today.

Because that sound is cool again. See Bruno Mars.

Because that sound is cool again. See Bruno Mars.
EXACTLY. The news announced just this week that "Uptown Funk" has just hit his 13th week as No. 1 on the Billboard chart, one of only about 10 songs to do so.

I'm delighted to discover that I'm not the odd man out in this kind of music and people are and always will be crazy about this kind of music. Bruno Mars is the ONLY artist in the last 25? years that I have paid any attention to at all.

Re: Xscape has been nominated for Billboard Music Awards

It has next no 0 chance of winning, but I think it should. It's awesome to see MJ still nominated for these things.

Re: Xscape has been nominated for Billboard Music Awards

I'm with dam - it's not going to win (Beyonce's awful self-titled project probably will), but it's really nice to see Michael nominated.

A nomination is great. - Would be amazing if he won of course. - But like Dam said - it is not going to happen, sadly... :(

Michael Jackson @michaeljackson · April 8th
#XSCAPE receives nomination as top R&B album at the 2015 @officialbbmas!

I am more than delighted that Michael got a nomination. This is awesome. Pls. tell me how many posthumous albums ever get nominated for anything. I am so proud of this album! Great success.

Patrick Smith @psmith · 14. Apr.
Media editor at @BuzzFeedUK

Michael Jackson sold more music than Katy Perry and Beyonce last year.

Does anyone else find it quite ironic that the entire basis of Xscape was to modernize Michael's songs to match current pop music, yet the album's biggest success has been "Love Never Felt So Good," a song that sounds directly out of the '70s/'80s? Even negative reviews of the album as a whole sing praise to that song as a wonderful throwback to the upbeat Michael.

I dunno. Just struck me today.

cause thats the only song on the album that actually sounded like an mj song/music

worth to double post...just see separate thread

Unity Latin Tribute @UnityTribute · April 17th

We're #1 on Amazon's "Best Sellers in Latin Music" list! We can only say, again,THANK YOU!

CCv7CDgW0AEuW8c.jpg:large

Love Never Felt So Good feat Justin T is Vevo certified:clapping:

vevo.ly/31bAHs

Michael Jackson won at the 26th International Pop Poll Awards in Hong Kong.

Michael's new single "Love Never Felt So Good" was awarded as one of the top 10 international gold songs. The single was from his posthumous album XSCAPE released in 2014.

Michael Jackson also won Top Male Artist of the Year at the awards while Taylor Swift won Top Female Artist.

The awards were presented by Radio Television Hong Kong (rthk.hk) on May 2, 2015. It is the sole public broadcaster in the Hong Kong.

Official link:
http://gbcode.rthk.org.hk/TuniS/app4.rthk.hk/special/poppoll26/

Michael Jackson won at the 26th International Pop Poll Awards in Hong Kong.

Michael's new single "Love Never Felt So Good" was awarded as one of the top 10 international gold songs. The single was from his posthumous album XSCAPE released in 2014.

Michael Jackson also won Top Male Artist of the Year at the awards while Taylor Swift won Top Female Artist.

The awards were presented by Radio Television Hong Kong (rthk.hk) on May 2, 2015. It is the sole public broadcaster in the Hong Kong.

Official link:
http://gbcode.rthk.org.hk/TuniS/app4.rthk.hk/special/poppoll26/

So nice to hear!! - Michael Jackson still rules the music world !!

Awesome:clapping:

Michael beat many current artists such as Ed S and Sam S - heartwarming:clapping:

MJVibe @Mjvibe ·

One year ago today, MJVibe ran the Official Xscape Album launch at @hmv363OxStreet #mjxscape
CEyguYRWEAEIxWI.jpg:large

#mjxscape celebrates one year! The album was the official UK number 1! #legendsneverdie

The 11 Biggest Pop Duets of Last Decade

http://radio.com/2015/05/12/the-11-biggest-pop-duets-of-last-decade/#.VVL5jvM23Tw.twitter

1. Michael Jackson and Justin Timberlake “Love Never Felt So Good”

Of course this Michael Jackson and Justin Timberlake duet is number one on the list of duets in the last decade. It’s the biggest male pop star from 2000(ish) on with the King of Pop. It’s a duet we never thought would exist, but it was the biggest deal of the decade starting from the moment it was released. It simply doesn’t get any bigger for duets.

CFFXgrWVAAA01CB.jpg:large

Billboard Music Awards on Sunday, May 17, 2015 Michael Jackson's #XSCAPE is nominated for Top R&B Album of the year

"Billboard Music Awards finalists are based on United States year-end chart performance according to Nielsen data for sales, number of downloads and total airplay. Awards were given for the top album/artist/single in different genres."

I think Xscape has good chance of winning as it did well in charts, but airplay may not be as good as for some others nominated.

Anyways, thumbs up for xscape:thumbs_up:

Just because that obnoxious song Happy was everywhere and had success. :boo:

Looking at the bright side, which other artist receives that many award nominations posthumously? Just Michael!

Back